View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Organized Legions 

SpoonyJank wrote:
jesus. Whatever war you were talking about; I wasn't actually aware of it unless you guys went out of your way to single DS people out. DOO basically stole the idea of mass-hacking or whatever and used it on whatever list they have created for ACTUALLY picking on people. I think you probably have a pretty bad idea about my group's purpose. It's simply a group to promote PVP, rather than one dedicated to destroying it by the most hypocritical means available.

hunter wrote:
well for one, DS needs to have a realistic goal. the premise of DS (mass attacking innocent players, and just being as evil as possible) is somewhat obsolete because of the new alerting system. they cant just pick a random juicy ship from the battle tab. hacking to do harm does not promote fast character growth. I'm not really promoting the hacking thing. Hacking doesn't particularly help in the long run unless Dan were to enhance it. I only considered that a feasible idea for a day or two really. If I wanted a target to mass-attack from DOO, I'd go to the kills list. With the vengeful pride of a lot of the DOO members it would be pretty easy to get a multi-share on someone outside of the kills list. Singling people out is easy and effective, and trust me, DOO does it too. The objectives for the dark side aren't all that dissimilar. Of course we are going to help each other out. It just happens to be a Pro-PVP group that doesn't really care about "whodunnit?". Self-interest can easily extend to the interest of the group with what it could potentially provide to each and every member.

second, why build a group that falls prey to the largest group in GL (one that attacks from alerts). it would be better to build up from a community that helps one another. IMO you have to have a large base (in the current GL structure of power) before making a stand promoting hostile agendas. Umm, DOO has done nothing but promote a hostile agenda on me personally because one of their members wanted to grift a noob out of a planet. Maybe it was a failed hack. I have done almost everything I can to AVOID starting anything with DOO and they have done everything they can to harass me. I'm sorry if killing me was so annoying and pointless and wasteful, but that isn't my fault.

third. most players focus on attack strength and avoid getting disabled. you are not inspiring those who are prospects because of your laughable rating. im sure if they thought that being in DS means that they will die alot and make their ratings crap, they would pass on joining. Yes, I have a laughable rating because DOO members are retarded enough to get members to repair me just to be able kill me over and over because that is all they are actually capable of. The actual consequence to me? None. I don't have enough retarded pride to care frankly, and I can't unfriend DOO members without seeing the group. If there is anything worse than being laughable, someone with your retarded mantra would have easily found it if they just didn't post up the cop-out excuse of "can't beat'em, join them". There is literally nothing you could do before to get people to stop bouncing your name around. If I felt like actually doing offensive stuff I could get 5 kills every time I repaired and there wasn't really much to discourage this since the harrassment would never end anyways. Unfortunately DOO has nothing better to do. Once someone from DOO actually started mass-hacking me I got 22/25 of my kills from them in a day. OMG, PVP!...Now I can do the bounty-hunter mission. I guess he was soliciting something to be considered "grienvances" maybe for. That or just retarded. He was 30 levels higher than me and notified his legion before I even got so much as a successful hack on him. Then he dies (I would think on purpose) so he doesn't look like an idiot for notifying DOO preemptively and being an assmunch. If you think DOO doesn't do "offensive" stuff you are goddamn retarded. I would think a few bad apples in the bunch have a bit too much clout most likely. Anyone could really exploit you guys if they get their feelings hurt because they can't finish what they started and they get butt-hurt.

find a way to get the attention of strong active players. i think player want security and legion support. DOO was born because of a need to band together against stronger ships that were farming the founders. formed out of necessity. find a focus that inspires and you will have a winning group.I've considered trying to actively recruit some higher-levels, but it sort of makes me feel like a sleaze-bag. I think most of what I would base a group around is pretty much the same idea but without as much of the holier-than-thou hypocrisy

Project Anarchy is dedicated to the defense of non-excessive PVPers when confronted and stampeded by organizations. Thusly Project Anarchy would like to discuss what can be defined as "Excessive PVP".

Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:25 am

Eh, its a lot easier to avoid now. It's pretty unfortunate though for anyone that doesn't want a ridiculously large personal legion.

Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:53 am

Yeah, some officers and players had some grudge against you, Spoonjank for some reasons that I don't really know exactly what caused it.. But I just removed any enemy list including your name off DOO blacklist today. Maybe that could help to reduce some attacks on you.. Who knows..

I don't have time to observe any asshat or very aggressive behavior of some DOO members. If anyone of you felt that way, just private message me and I could investigate and also talk to them if they are behaving badly. Basically, more complaints against single DOO player, the higher chance that player can be expelled from DOO. Of course, complaints against me won't make me dispelled from DOO, however. :)

Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:58 am

hunter wrote:
Kaos wrote:
Ok, so DOO are the big guys, Dark Side are exactly that, what is the Stormkyn Alliance? Is there one of there reps lurking around? Are there any Paladins of galaxy legion around?

I have been going back and forth about joining and just haven't found one I like enough to do it.

you would make a perfect enemy of DOO.... but also a perfect ally. you are the type that i would want rallying ships against DOO. we need a group out there with powerful members. small and 1337 is fine as long as they can kick DOO butt :P

i would love any group that can last longer than 24h with DOO. i think 24-48h is the longest war i have seen to date.

When organizations are introduced, there can be fleet wars that work just like Guild Wars, giving fleets a score system that gives bonuses to all the members of that fleet.

Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:29 pm

Another new organization just got introduced: Unity Starbase! :) Looks like organization births are accelerating so that's super..

Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:57 pm

No its not :cry:
That is, if they act like DOO

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9503 The 1.8 Adventure Update thread

Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:00 pm

Well we need members in PGL http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=1 ... 150&ref=ts

- #3 with level 6 base and #3 in Legion strength (not just NPC fighters)
- 13 Lab creations (all the best)
- Our base gives 22000 RP a day

Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:04 am
Profile WWW

Nocifer Deathblade wrote:
Yeah, some officers and players had some grudge against you, Spoonjank for some reasons that I don't really know exactly what caused it.. But I just removed any enemy list including your name off DOO blacklist today. Maybe that could help to reduce some attacks on you.. Who knows..

I don't have time to observe any asshat or very aggressive behavior of some DOO members. If anyone of you felt that way, just private message me and I could investigate and also talk to them if they are behaving badly. Basically, more complaints against single DOO player, the higher chance that player can be expelled from DOO. Of course, complaints against me won't make me dispelled from DOO, however. :)

I'll be back for some beatings in a month or so. It should be more fun then. I'm going through a domestic production power-levelling phase. The new updates have made it all avoidable really.

Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:18 am

I don't think Unity Starbase is supposed to be an organization like what DoO, The Dark Side, etc. are. I believe it's just a fan page and discussion forum. With a sweet pic.

Seriously, deathmuffin, I dig the pic.

Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:53 am

I think it should be the planet commerce place. From the few prices I've heard in DOO it seemed like low-balling. Probably not true, but still. I got 70 million for a good planet. 200 million for a great one... I'm only level 88 at that.

Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:15 am

I am giving away great planets to our members.

Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:01 pm
Profile WWW

Kaos wrote:
I am giving away great planets to our members.

I'll believe it when I see it. I've repeatedly asked around in my alliance for a planet trade or even artifact-for-artifact trade, without any luck. A player promised he'd trade two planets to me, but it has been a week now and no further communication or messages of any sort.

Sorry if I sound pissy, its just that I joined my alliance because it promised to support and help each other, and the only major help I've gotten is one artifact planet and a few million credits about 3 weeks ago, and nothing since that time.

Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:27 pm

Veristek wrote:

I'll believe it when I see it. I've repeatedly asked around in my alliance for a planet trade or even artifact-for-artifact trade, without any luck. A player promised he'd trade two planets to me, but it has been a week now and no further communication or messages of any sort.

Sorry if I sound pissy, its just that I joined my alliance because it promised to support and help each other, and the only major help I've gotten is one artifact planet and a few million credits about 3 weeks ago, and nothing since that time.

Which alliance is that? As of this morning there was a large metallic with rich research that was shared and one of the newbs got a massive gas giant that was very abundant research, all free. I have more planets than I can keep and since there isn't really any missions left for me to do I can't level fast enough to colonize them. Better to give them to a PGL member than have someone else find them.

Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:34 pm
Profile WWW

Kaos wrote:
As of this morning there was a large metallic with rich research that was shared and one of the newbs got a massive gas giant that was very abundant research, all free. I have more planets than I can keep and since there isn't really any missions left for me to do I can't level fast enough to colonize them. Better to give them to a PGL member than have someone else find them.

From PGL this morning, I picked up a very large icy Artifact: Rich planet which is perfect for me as I am currently getting ice melters that should bring this to a very massive (I think), Artifact: Extremely Rich planet. I realize there are probably a lot better planets out there but finding one of a good size and a decent non-mining resource rank can be a bit or a problem.

Thanks PGL!

Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:43 pm

Well its not a Dyson but I hope there isn't anyone who is stupid enough to sell a Dyson. All in all I am proud of our members for not trying to make money off their fellow legion members.

Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:02 pm
Profile WWW

I shared an average very rich research ocean planet less than a week ago.

Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3