View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Organized Legions 

SpoonyJank wrote:
How do you actually use hypertext with this non-html nonsense? I only know how use the actual link addresses for links.

Substituting ' for brackets, when you click URL in the post:
'url' hyperlinkpage '/url'

example: 'url'http://www.google.com'/url'
http://www.google.com

If you want to use a non-HTML title for the link, you do this:
'url=hyperlinkpage' name '/url'

example: 'url=http://www.google.com'google'/url'
google

Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:54 am

Stormkyn Alliance
The Dark Side
Disciples of the Orion
Paladins of Galaxy Legion

Stormkyn is actually fairly large, at 117 members, and it appears that they do their best to educate the newbies in their ranks. They also have a trading thread, help with enemies thread, etc.
DOO is definitely the biggest, use a multi-account as a bank/trading entity, do help their newbs, and they have a 'Hit List' (spoonyjank, looks like you're permanently there).
Dark Side is the most amusing (Come to the Dark Side...We have Cookies! :lol: ), but is not yet active enough to have a trading thread, and FAQ for beginners, etc.
The Paladins are "A group for Galaxy Legion members who uphold honor, valor and integrity above all else."

Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:32 am

I'm glad that Paladins of the GL organization is built. :) I hope they will thrive..

Anyway, I don't care about DOO being the biggest. We had almost 300 members but kicked out lot of inactivity players and reduced to 170ish members. We are after quality players not quantity.. We aim for high activity level in DOO. :) Just wanted to be clear.. I like DOO to be a very lean, efficient machine organization..

Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:54 pm

well i guess my question would be is there a new orgabized leagon that is trying to counteract DOO? :?

Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:18 pm

or would u say if u dont like the other groups then u should join it?

Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:23 pm

and a little off topic do you think even though i'm a low level do you tink i should start a organized legion or join one?

Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:52 pm

triple post=fail
theres this thing called editting, you and some other guys should try it.

As for legions this is about organizations, not legions.

Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:59 pm

I finally broke down and joined a Legion/Organization. I joined PGL (Paladins of Galaxy Legion) because I like what they stood for. No offense to the Darkside but you are the company you keep and I wanted my company to be upright individuals. Also they offered me an admin position so I am hoping that I can make a difference in keeping some integrity in the group.

- #3 with level 6 base and #3 in Legion strength (not just NPC fighters)
- 13 Lab creations (all the best)
- Our base gives 22000 RP a day

Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:07 pm
Profile WWW

Kaos wrote:
I finally broke down and joined a Legion/Organization. I joined PGL (Paladins of Galaxy Legion) because I like what they stood for. No offense to the Darkside but you are the company you keep and I wanted my company to be upright individuals. Also they offered me an admin position so I am hoping that I can make a difference in keeping some integrity in the group.

Awesome! :) I believe your position in PGL should help to strengthen PGL and help them to prosper... More organizations, the merrier it is.. :)

Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:54 pm

Nocifer Deathblade wrote:
Kaos wrote:

Awesome! :) I believe your position in PGL should help to strengthen PGL and help them to prosper... More organizations, the merrier it is.. :)

Im a one man organization, "Project Anarchy".

Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:07 am

Cothordin wrote:

Oooh! Can I join? We'll need a leader...

:lol:

Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:31 am

tk3 wrote:
Cothordin wrote:

Project Anarchy does not like to be joked about, Project Anarchy is a very srs organization dedicated to talking in third person. Project Anarchy is and always shall be a 1man organization.

Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:18 pm

Cothordin wrote:
tk3 wrote:
Cothordin wrote:

Project Anarchy does not like to be joked about, Project Anarchy is a very srs organization dedicated to talking in third person. Project Anarchy is and always shall be a 1man organization.

Oooh...my bad. :oops: <---Note my embarrassment.

;)

Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:31 pm

The Paladins stand for justice, law and order therefore we are philosphically opposed to Project Anarchy. Give up or we will hunt you down and I personally will do the crippling Kirk Double Shoulder Chop on you.

- #3 with level 6 base and #3 in Legion strength (not just NPC fighters)
- 13 Lab creations (all the best)
- Our base gives 22000 RP a day

Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:14 pm
Profile WWW

/chuckle at Coth..

Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:40 pm

Kaos wrote:
The Paladins stand for justice, law and order therefore we are philosphically opposed to Project Anarchy. Give up or we will hunt you down and I personally will do the crippling Kirk Double Shoulder Chop on you.

Project Anarchy challenges you to a duel! Project Anarchy shall not lose to puny babyman with Sandvich on Project Anarchy's side! Project Anarchy shall send Badgers equipped with horseradishes to kill you. Beware Project Anarchy's wrath!

Project Anarchy

Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:43 pm

Kaos wrote:
Ok, so DOO are the big guys, Dark Side are exactly that, what is the Stormkyn Alliance? Is there one of there reps lurking around? Are there any Paladins of galaxy legion around?

I have been going back and forth about joining and just haven't found one I like enough to do it.

you would make a perfect enemy of DOO.... but also a perfect ally. you are the type that i would want rallying ships against DOO. we need a group out there with powerful members. small and 1337 is fine as long as they can kick DOO butt :P

i would love any group that can last longer than 24h with DOO. i think 24-48h is the longest war i have seen to date.

Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:32 pm

Project Anarchy shall ally/help organization that protects PVPers from Organizations.

Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:59 pm

well for one, DS needs to have a realistic goal. the premise of DS (mass attacking innocent players, and just being as evil as possible) is somewhat obsolete because of the new alerting system. they cant just pick a random juicy ship from the battle tab. hacking to do harm does not promote fast character growth.

second, why build a group that falls prey to the largest group in GL (one that attacks from alerts). it would be better to build up from a community that helps one another. IMO you have to have a large base (in the current GL structure of power) before making a stand promoting hostile agendas.

third. most players focus on attack strength and avoid getting disabled. you are not inspiring those who are prospects because of your laughable rating. im sure if they thought that being in DS means that they will die alot and make their ratings crap, they would pass on joining.

find a way to get the attention of strong active players. i think player want security and legion support. DOO was born because of a need to band together against stronger ships that were farming the founders. formed out of necessity. find a focus that inspires and you will have a winning group.

Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:04 am

jesus. Whatever war you were talking about; I wasn't actually aware of it unless you guys went out of your way to single DS people out. DOO basically stole the idea of mass-hacking or whatever and used it on whatever list they have created for ACTUALLY picking on people. I think you probably have a pretty bad idea about my group's purpose. It's simply a group to promote PVP, rather than one dedicated to destroying it by the most hypocritical means available.

hunter wrote:
well for one, DS needs to have a realistic goal. the premise of DS (mass attacking innocent players, and just being as evil as possible) is somewhat obsolete because of the new alerting system. they cant just pick a random juicy ship from the battle tab. hacking to do harm does not promote fast character growth. I'm not really promoting the hacking thing. Hacking doesn't particularly help in the long run unless Dan were to enhance it. I only considered that a feasible idea for a day or two really. If I wanted a target to mass-attack from DOO, I'd go to the kills list. With the vengeful pride of a lot of the DOO members it would be pretty easy to get a multi-share on someone outside of the kills list. Singling people out is easy and effective, and trust me, DOO does it too. The objectives for the dark side aren't all that dissimilar. Of course we are going to help each other out. It just happens to be a Pro-PVP group that doesn't really care about "whodunnit?". Self-interest can easily extend to the interest of the group with what it could potentially provide to each and every member.

second, why build a group that falls prey to the largest group in GL (one that attacks from alerts). it would be better to build up from a community that helps one another. IMO you have to have a large base (in the current GL structure of power) before making a stand promoting hostile agendas. Umm, DOO has done nothing but promote a hostile agenda on me personally because one of their members wanted to grift a noob out of a planet. Maybe it was a failed hack. I have done almost everything I can to AVOID starting anything with DOO and they have done everything they can to harass me. I'm sorry if killing me was so annoying and pointless and wasteful, but that isn't my fault.

third. most players focus on attack strength and avoid getting disabled. you are not inspiring those who are prospects because of your laughable rating. im sure if they thought that being in DS means that they will die alot and make their ratings crap, they would pass on joining. Yes, I have a laughable rating because DOO members are retarded enough to get members to repair me just to be able kill me over and over because that is all they are actually capable of. The actual consequence to me? None. I don't have enough retarded pride to care frankly, and I can't unfriend DOO members without seeing the group. If there is anything worse than being laughable, someone with your retarded mantra would have easily found it if they just didn't post up the cop-out excuse of "can't beat'em, join them". There is literally nothing you could do before to get people to stop bouncing your name around. If I felt like actually doing offensive stuff I could get 5 kills every time I repaired and there wasn't really much to discourage this since the harrassment would never end anyways. Unfortunately DOO has nothing better to do. Once someone from DOO actually started mass-hacking me I got 22/25 of my kills from them in a day. OMG, PVP!...Now I can do the bounty-hunter mission. I guess he was soliciting something to be considered "grienvances" maybe for. That or just retarded. He was 30 levels higher than me and notified his legion before I even got so much as a successful hack on him. Then he dies (I would think on purpose) so he doesn't look like an idiot for notifying DOO preemptively and being an assmunch. If you think DOO doesn't do "offensive" stuff you are goddamn retarded. I would think a few bad apples in the bunch have a bit too much clout most likely. Anyone could really exploit you guys if they get their feelings hurt because they can't finish what they started and they get butt-hurt.

find a way to get the attention of strong active players. i think player want security and legion support. DOO was born because of a need to band together against stronger ships that were farming the founders. formed out of necessity. find a focus that inspires and you will have a winning group.I've considered trying to actively recruit some higher-levels, but it sort of makes me feel like a sleaze-bag. I think most of what I would base a group around is pretty much the same idea but without as much of the holier-than-thou hypocrisy

Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next