View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Are/How level dependent are the big NPCs? 

Does anyone know (I'm pretty much looking at you here Dan) what, if any, impact your level has on generating the big NPCs on your battle page?

I ask because I'm currently rank 224 and am only coming across Vortul, Crimson Annihilators and Okkilur, Drannik Hubs. Does my level determine which rare NPC I get? If so, have I missed out on the chance to generate Dark Rings, Reynard, Lazuli Titans and Stryll Predators?

This morning a legion-mate was kind enough to message me right before sharing a Stryll Predator (props Bender!) but it never showed up in my news feed. Was it just a matter of the level range between us being too big or does my level preclude me from seeing the ship?

Any and all info on the subject greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:18 pm

Every single NPC has a level range, including elites and bosses.

Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:53 am

Thanks Dan.

This may be asking for too specific an answer but does that mean that a rank 236 player is unable to fight Sketh, Styll Predator or the T.O. Guard? I'm wondering if that rank is too high to either generate those two rare NPCs in my own battle page and too high to get notifications from lower level legion mates who can generate them.

Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:32 pm

The higher the NPC's level, the greater the level range.

You can check on the alert range of an Elite/Boss NPC by mousing over the Legion Notify tooltip in the NPC's action tab.

Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:40 pm

Pardon me if I'm beating a dead horse here, but if I understand you correctly that means that the lower-level NPC were introduced at a time when they were immediately out of range of higher level players?

If this is true, would it be possible to have a short-term amnesty where the level requirements are waived to let higher ranked players fight all the different NPCs?

Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:23 pm

Chrace wrote:
Pardon me if I'm beating a dead horse here, but if I understand you correctly that means that the lower-level NPC were introduced at a time when they were immediately out of range of higher level players?

If this is true, would it be possible to have a short-term amnesty where the level requirements are waived to let higher ranked players fight all the different NPCs?

/concur, or atleast have higher ranked versions of the newbie ones for a limited time.

Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:27 pm

Or even better, introduce permanent, improved, non-elite versions specifically for the higher ranks. The Terran Outsiders for instance produce two different Shield Recharge modules (Harmonic Pulser and Harmonic MegaPulser) , so why not a third, (Harmonic GigaPulser?) and a fourth, and so on? Same goes with the other NPC's. Obviously the level requirements and stats of the NPC's would have to increase quite dramatically to ensure the high level players still find it a challenge though.

My folding@home stats :)

Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:49 pm

Perhaps the elites, etc. could be matched to the level of the player receiving them so that everybody could fight the same ships. I also think that after 15 minutes or so, the player should have the option of inviting a larger group (more ranks) if there are not enough fighting to fill all of the places allowed.

Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:35 pm

If the enemies are elites, then the alerts have already been implemented.

Some of the enemies have started to be rank matched as well, so i'm guessing either Dan listened or you haven't encountered them yet.

My folding@home stats :)

Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]