View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Small Planets 

Does anyone think it's ever a good idea to settle a small, very small, tiny or very tiny planet? If so, what would be the circumstances?

Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:33 am

I have found a long time ago a very tiny Exotic planet with nice stats, I cursed the game for it as I actually found 2 very tiny exotic planets ... Bad luck is bad luck. But when chassis were reduced to size 1 / size 2 I decided to colonize it and install only chassis on it and 1 production building.

It now produces 80 MP / 6 AP / 38.4 RP

That's not bad for a very tiny! (21 space)

now it's below my average planet production ratio, but it was good enough for me for a while. And I won't abandon it, but it's true that if another player had to find it, it would be easy to invade.

Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:46 pm

Tiny Exotics as sad as they are, a little artifact here and there. They then become amazing. But somethings I invade to be good now, some better later, and the rest to totally rock based off what can be done to them.

But in all cases small or massive I do aim for a base use fullness. If I cannot get that then I wont take the planet.

Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:41 pm

If the artifact/research on it were rich or better, very small or small and it were icy, I would probably settle it. I know that sooner or later I'll get an ice melter (I've gotten 2 trading in artifacts this week).

Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:43 pm

Tiny planets are useful if you have very high artifact points per hour for chance on quasi-expanders to make them attractive. Tiny extremely rare planets are good catch cuz it'll be rewarding down the road as you increase your artifact production as you rank up... Heck, tiny rare planets are still awesome than common ones even without quasi-expanders especially when you have planetary artifacts to support it.

Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:57 pm

Counting on quasi expanders is not really an option, I have more AP/H than you and despite you got one, I still never had any of them.

Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:32 pm

Zhorgul wrote:
Counting on quasi expanders is not really an option, I have more AP/H than you and despite you got one, I still never had any of them.

Yeah, it's RARE!!!!!!!! Buying Quasi-expanders with only 50 GP (It'll be well-spent gp IMHO) suddenly looks much more attractive compared to wasting 36 gp on easy-to-obtain terraformers. But it'll come little quicker eventually as we continue to play in next 6 months so I plan that ahead of time by holding on good tiny planets if there is no better ones in the sight.. It won't be a problem for you due to your very high discovered planets heh.

Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:29 pm

I actually got a spacial expander and I used it to make my exotic massive... Do you think I should have saved it for the mission?

Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:23 pm

I haven't settled any planet smaller than Average.

I might colonize smaller planets if I can place +10 structures on it. Each +10 structure is 17 spaces, I believe, so one can fit in on a Very Tiny planet and then fill it in with artifact buildings.

But +10 building tech is a long way off for me.

Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:51 pm

I thought there was a limit to the number of artifact buildings you could put on a planet.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:28 am

silentknight wrote:
I thought there was a limit to the number of artifact buildings you could put on a planet.

theres a limit to how many of each kind but not in total

Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:32 am

My best planet is about 70% artifact buildings in one for or another. As I get more ill be putting them on.

But the expander idea is good if you are planning for a few years ahead in time. Not like thats a bad thing, just it is a lot of planning to be thinking that far.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]