View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 crew vs modules 

i found out the hard way that crew > modules early in the game and perhaps for a long long time. im gambling that i will need space more than crew as better tech is available, but i dump in crew as needed if a module is not good enough to fill that role. when performing raids and such, how does the crew affect the success rates? is it just the security officers or all crew?

Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:11 pm

In my experience Decks (space for modules) is the most important aspect. If you want to raid a lot then your going to need a large crew. The larger your crew (every crew member is used) the better your chances of a raid being successful. You have to realize that most people simply sell off all of there minerals though so in most cases (unless you somehow get an artifact) it is somewhat useless. Hacking is useful if you know a person has a planet they stole from you and you want it back. But you have to realize that if that person increases his cloak and scan, than you will fail a lot.

The only time I preform a raid is when someone pissed me off enough to do so and even then since I don't have a large crew I fail at times. However, in my opinion, when you gain Android artifacts that increase your stats, it will add up to a good sized crew over time.

My style of play may be different then what you want to accomplish too. I am heavily defensive so people have to spend a lot of energy to kill me and then to retaliate I add weapon modules. But I have tried doing the raid thing, but I rarely get anything worth my efforts.

Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:34 pm

Noah wrote:
But I have tried doing the raid thing, but I rarely get anything worth my efforts.
i get on average 1-5 k per raid which is not too great especially if i take hull damage, but occasionally i will get something good. when i was low level i got 1 Pawlacite which i sold for 15k. sort of financed me for a while :twisted: im more offensive. and always stack on the attack and just enough defense to reduce my damage. i also put on a few plates to boost my HP. for now i took off my shields for more plate. i like dealing damage fast and i can save my time points. i typically disable a ship in 4-6 shots. sometimes more if they have very high defense. but unless they deal any significant damage i wont be running away.

the only thing that really sucks is that you dont get enough XP to compensate you for combat wins. i get at mast 4 xp for a great attack, and less for an "ok" attack which is nothing. you get far more XP from missions. that is prob why i saw posts what there is not enough combat. it would be much more fun if i had to defend at least once a day. i get nothing. if i could get one of those rare planets i would prob be defending many times daily.

Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:42 pm

Just curious but, what level are you? If you don't wanna answer you don't have to, but just so you know one pawlecite isn't anything special. At lower levels it might be but I get a kurenite at least 2 or 3 times a week with only 48 mining points when I save them up.

The reason that I feel raiding is unimportant is because usually people who are higher level and worth attacking don't keep minerals on board. They usually sell them all off unless they are saving some for a specific point in time.

I would highly suggest focusing on mining! At least get 100-200 points on the mineral status so you can make some sort of income. And when you get those few kurenite at lower levels it can really help you implement what you've researched.

Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:28 pm

Noah wrote:
Just curious but, what level are you?
at the time i took the pawlacite i was about 4. now im 19, near 20. so yea, the thing financed me quite a while.

Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]