View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 How much would you hate me if... 

This new legion alert thing really sucks and is just plain boring. I haven't gotten an alert since the change. I was thinking just to liven in up, go the Coth/anarchist route. I think I have figured out a way to attack the little guys.

What if I went around attacking them? Sure they could alert to PsiCore and a few others but at least it would be interesting again.

- #3 with level 6 base and #3 in Legion strength (not just NPC fighters)
- 13 Lab creations (all the best)
- Our base gives 22000 RP a day

Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:42 am
Profile WWW

I wouldn't hold it against you by any means, but I am curious as to how you're getting around the rank notification limitation.

Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:10 am

_
} }
} }____
} }____}
} }____}
} }____}
CONTROLLED ANARCHY WOOOOOOOOH!
Go Kaos! Go into the galaxy and do some random casual non-excessive PVPing! Raise you kill count a few thousand!

Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:27 am

i agree. now that there is PvP limits, you can look for ships that are picking on lots of others ( Disables: 29, Raids: 31, Hacks: 31 ), and not feel so guilty about it :P

Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:33 am

I can't tell you how I would do it because then Dan would fix it. At least this way I would have a few days before he caught up.

Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:35 am
Profile WWW

I figured you'd say as much. Well, assuming i don't figure it out, let us know what it is after Dan puts the 66 on it.

Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:12 am

Its going to be a week or two. I have to build a few things up so I can do as much damage as possible before Dan fixes it.

Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:01 pm
Profile WWW

Circumventing the built-in nav structure of the game is a violation of TOS.

Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:24 pm

Unfortunately oustide of the forum, because of my level my interaction with other players is limited in the game. Now I don't want this to be just another click click click game so I have come up with a new strategy.

I am not circumventing anything, my plan is legitimate game play. I realize that you often change game play to favor the lower level plater so rather than tip my hand I am keeping my strategy secret.

Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:35 pm
Profile WWW

Kaos wrote:
I realize that you often change game play to favor the lower level player (sic)

List as many examples as you can think of.

Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:57 pm

I apologize if it sounded like I was complaining. Not my intention at all. I left another game and found this one because they kept changing the rules and adding restrictions. When I feel the game gets to the point where its not worth playing I will find a new one. I can think of a few right away and I imagine others can too.

1) damage caps that effect everything including NPCs - Whats the point in having 2600 attack power if only 1200 of it counts?
2) Legion alerts - Currently a hot topic but basically you are playing Galaxy Legion when the majority of your legion is useless/off limits. The higher your level, the less people in your legion you are allowed to interact with.
3) The battle board - It only shows players in a certain range which for higher level players is a narrow field (6 players are all that ever show up on mine). Not only does that make it pretty boring but I have never known a multi-player game that basically said "The bigger you are, the less you are allowed to do".
4) UPDATE-THOUGHT OF ANOTHER: Hull /Repair cost - While there is a lowered damage cap to make it easier on low levels, there is an increased repair cap making it more expensive for high levels.
5) Update - Once you hit a certain level you no longer receive rewards for completing a set number of missions. The little guys complete 20 missions they get a new computer, the big guys complete 200 and they get nothing.

Now if things were truly unbiased rank wouldn't figure into any of these. Its like saying money doesn't matter but you can only be friends with rich people because poor people would feel picked on. (I didn't want to use a race analogy but there are better ones in that direction).

I understand why you want to coddle the newbs, we have to have them for the game to grow. There are some that pick on the little guys and could possibly scare them away. While I don't like the rules I understand their purpose. Besides, its like my mom used to say, "You live in my house, you live by my rules."

This is said with all sincerity. I believe WebGuyDan is the most responsive developer I have ever seen. It is his game, I will live by his rules. I will play the game for as long as it is interesting in those rules. Once they get to the point where it kills the fun, I won't break them, I will quit.

Last edited by Kaos on Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:19 pm
Profile WWW

Kaos wrote:
I apologize if it sounded like I was complaining. Not my intention at all. I left another game and found this one because they kept changing the rules and adding restrictions. When I feel the game gets to the point where its not worth playing I will find a new one. I can think of a few right away and I imagine others can too.

ALL MMOs or any online games always have their rules/features changed so the changes here are expected for the name of balance.. I often saw that some players quit cuz of changes only to come back that new changes down the road are what they liked heh. During some phase of changes, players won't like... Some like.. Then it changes their behaviors every time new changes come in.. It's very dynamic and I just learned to live with any kind of changes unless game-breaking changes such as GNE for SWG came that totally changed the game that prompted the slow death...

What Dan did with the changes was obviously directed at DOO for balancing issue. If he stayed away and done nothing... DOO will keep growing stronger and stronger as more players will kept joining just to be on safe side and will further alienate the game of new players.. I was strong supporter of the change because I knew that DOO will only grow strong and will start to polarize the game but at the same time, I didn't want to kill DOO just for the game name sake so I made suggestions aimed at mechanic changes that could accodomate any kind of legions either small or large that will be served better in the long-term. Mechanic changes is the best way to control the players and legion behaviors.. Preaching to them won't do anything.. Mechanic changes surely will affect them.. DOO was lectured and criticized upon heavily that only made DOO stronger instead of weakened so that prompted the mechanic changes..

With new changes recently, it definitely influence the behavior of players not to rank up too fast or they will be bored.. OR those players who HATE fights could simply rank up to escape and be at peace. That is up to their preferences..

Even today, I even got threatened by some new organizations telling me that DOO days are soon over as their organizations will aim at us. I responded back to them telling them congratulations to their new organizations and wished them well for their prosperity. I don't care about any kind of threats because more than often that threats meant nothing.. Actions are the only thing that means things and we respond to them heh. I support those new organizations even if they placed threat to us. If they made real actions against us, WONDERFUL cuz it will give DOo something to do to have fun. We need real actions so we can grow strong. Any organizations can be weakened if there are very low or no activity and no communication. Activities strengthen organizations..

Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:18 pm

Kaos wrote:
1) damage caps that effect everything including NPCs - Whats the point in having 2600 attack power if only 1200 of it counts.

I do not mind the damage caps... I have encountered those in other games.

It does kind of irk me though that smaller ships seem to do more damage to larger ships with equal or near-equal combat stats; that (to me) seems to give an advantage to lower level characters. I would like to see it be more of an even-up situation... I actually used one of my Glaviz Devices to change races from Sillixx to Vygoid because it seemed to actually be a disadvantage to have a larger ship than my peers (sure, I could have let them "catch up" to my size by increasing crew, and I probably would have done that if I did not have the Device).

Thanks for reading!

Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:29 pm

mkweaver wrote:
Kaos wrote:
1) damage caps that effect everything including NPCs - Whats the point in having 2600 attack power if only 1200 of it counts.

I do not mind the damage caps... I have encountered those in other games.

It does kind of irk me though that smaller ships seem to do more damage to larger ships with equal or near-equal combat stats; that (to me) seems to give an advantage to lower level characters. I would like to see it be more of an even-up situation... I actually used one of my Glaviz Devices to change races from Sillixx to Vygoid because it seemed to actually be a disadvantage to have a larger ship than my peers (sure, I could have let them "catch up" to my size by increasing crew, and I probably would have done that if I did not have the Device).

Thanks for reading!

Well not really, larger deck size actually carries more advantage than disadvantage of damage cap increase. Larger size allows you to carry more modules that could easily reduce the impact of increased damage cap.. In fact, I have the largest ship in sub rank 200 range and the damage cap meant nothing to me due to massive defense, hull and shield that large ship certain can support that max damage is hardly realized.. I usually get maybe 50 to 150 damage on my 1700 deck ship per hit against rare NPCs causing about 300ish against it.. Good ratio I would say..

Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]