View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:48 pm



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Scanning for Planets - Scan to planets found ratio? 
Author Message

Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:09 pm
Posts: 454
Post Scanning for Planets - Scan to planets found ratio?
It seems i read a thread about this but couldn't find it in a search.

When doing a scanning blitzs for Planets - what is the Scan level to planets found ratio?

I have 146 planets in my scans now after using star chart purge when i get them.

How much scan do I need to scan for planets at good rating?

_________________
Image

Empire of the Sun


Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:38 pm
Profile

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:51 pm
Posts: 259
Post Re: Scanning for Planets - Scan to planets found ratio?
I figure if I scan until it says I need more scanners to avoid wasting energy, I get 1 planet for about 16 - 17 scan. I am not sure it is linear however. I figure that I will colonize or invade about 1 in 20 that I scan. On the last blitz, I scanned 236 planets and colonized 5 and successfully invaded 5, failed invasions of 2, and may try for 2 or 3 more.


Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:31 am
Profile

Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:01 pm
Posts: 2072
Post Re: Scanning for Planets - Scan to planets found ratio?
the amount of scan it takes to maintain a planet in your scan list is exponential. I believe it's on how many planes you have scanned, for me I have about 330 planets scanned with a max scanning power of 330 so it's about 9-10 scan per planet for me
if we can get enough data points, someone may be able to figure out the equation for the amount of scan it takes to maintain a planet in your scan database.

_________________
Image


Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:03 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:09 pm
Posts: 454
Post Re: Scanning for Planets - Scan to planets found ratio?
with the sensors i have researched, I can get 1073. I can then do tachyon (50), subspace seeker(175) and contin beacon(15%) and get near 1495.

How many planets do you think I can scan at that level of scan (already have 145 in scan list)?

If its 10 scan for each planet - that means only 149 planets - so only 4 more. Is my math correct on this?

_________________
Image

Empire of the Sun


Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:23 am
Profile

Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:01 pm
Posts: 2072
Post Re: Scanning for Planets - Scan to planets found ratio?
Bleepin wrote:
with the sensors i have researched, I can get 1073. I can then do tachyon (50), subspace seeker(175) and contin beacon(15%) and get near 1495.

How many planets do you think I can scan at that level of scan (already have 145 in scan list)?

If its 10 scan for each planet - that means only 149 planets - so only 4 more. Is my math correct on this?

well since you have less planets I would assume you scan per planet is about 7-8 so you should be able to scan about 38-65 more planets, although it would probably be difficult.

_________________
Image


Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:29 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:40 pm
Posts: 1671
Post Re: Scanning for Planets - Scan to planets found ratio?
Failure rate is always at least 15-20%, regardless of scan quality. This seems to be regardless of things like cloaked planets, and remains unexplained.

Previous data:

Scanning Power: 5402 Planets Discovered: 493

Scanning Power: 7185
Planets Discovered: 438 (good to fair transition)
600+ (couldn't max out)

Scanning Power: 8488 Planets Discovered: 698 (max, gray)

It's a logarithmic curve of declining % success, but generally at higher levels it's something like scan power divided by 10 to 12, although it's damn hard to actually max out gray in terms of energy (multiple cubes).

_________________
Ex cinere surget iterum ego galaxiae dominatur.
Image


Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:55 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:44 am
Posts: 3751
Post Re: Scanning for Planets - Scan to planets found ratio?
except for at 0 planets... which appears to be 100% chance to find a planet on your first click

_________________
_________ Image

Officer Namba1 of The Unknown, Lv.666+ Dark Smuggler

Image


Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:14 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:11 am
Posts: 556
Post Re: Scanning for Planets - Scan to planets found ratio?
The key is being prepared to burn lots of energy to get more planets. When I do a scan blitz I might be still scanning after 20 or 30 clicks with no planets found. It may be harder at your level to burn all that precious energy but it's worth it for better planets.

Also, see if you can get a Stryll Seeker to boost your scan by another 5%. I can't remember the NPC it comes from.

_________________
ImageImage
Rank 550+ officer. 31K+ NPC Kills. 270K+ battles. 1 very sore finger.

Cool Text - Create Your Own Logo


Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:25 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:49 pm
Posts: 8964
Post Re: Scanning for Planets - Scan to planets found ratio?
Remainder wrote:
The key is being prepared to burn lots of energy to get more planets. When I do a scan blitz I might be still scanning after 20 or 30 clicks with no planets found. It may be harder at your level to burn all that precious energy but it's worth it for better planets.

Also, see if you can get a Stryll Seeker to boost your scan by another 5%. I can't remember the NPC it comes from.

Stryll Hunter R55, Stryll Skirmisher R110, Stryll Devastator R180 and their big brother Stryll Desolator R400.

_________________
Ranks 400+ Join us in exploring..
ImageImage

[20:40] Wredz: just hacked a massive extremely rich minting planet from someone.. thats the best planet i ever hacked
[20:43] DarthFlagitious: is it spearmint or peppermint?


Last edited by Darth Flagitious on Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:24 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 29, 2011 8:41 pm
Posts: 2369
Location: You don't wanna know...
Post Re: Scanning for Planets - Scan to planets found ratio?
Darth Flagitious wrote:
Remainder wrote:
The key is being prepared to burn lots of energy to get more planets. When I do a scan blitz I might be still scanning after 20 or 30 clicks with no planets found. It may be harder at your level to burn all that precious energy but it's worth it for better planets.

Also, see if you can get a Stryll Seeker to boost your scan by another 5%. I can't remember the NPC it comes from.

Stryll Skirmisher R110, Stryll Devastator R180 and their big brother Stryll Desolator R400.

It's also 10%. I think there is also a lower ranked Stryll, the Stryll Hunter R55.

http://galaxylegion.com/wiki/index.php/The_Stryll_Order

_________________
...Yawn... sleepy dragon.... Umm... rage!


Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:36 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:49 pm
Posts: 8964
Post Re: Scanning for Planets - Scan to planets found ratio?
strm avenger wrote:
Darth Flagitious wrote:
Remainder wrote:
The key is being prepared to burn lots of energy to get more planets. When I do a scan blitz I might be still scanning after 20 or 30 clicks with no planets found. It may be harder at your level to burn all that precious energy but it's worth it for better planets.

Also, see if you can get a Stryll Seeker to boost your scan by another 5%. I can't remember the NPC it comes from.

Stryll Skirmisher R110, Stryll Devastator R180 and their big brother Stryll Desolator R400.

It's also 10%. I think there is also a lower ranked Stryll, the Stryll Hunter R55.

http://galaxylegion.com/wiki/index.php/The_Stryll_Order


You are correct Strm... it's been awhile since I saw one of those... ;)

_________________
Ranks 400+ Join us in exploring..
ImageImage

[20:40] Wredz: just hacked a massive extremely rich minting planet from someone.. thats the best planet i ever hacked
[20:43] DarthFlagitious: is it spearmint or peppermint?


Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:39 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:40 pm
Posts: 1671
Post Re: Scanning for Planets - Scan to planets found ratio?
The seeker is 10% I think, and the npc series that drops it ends with the rank 400 one, which stops spawning at 1200 or 1300 I think, so don't scrap them !

_________________
Ex cinere surget iterum ego galaxiae dominatur.
Image


Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:13 am
Profile

Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:04 am
Posts: 1998
Post Re: Scanning for Planets - Scan to planets found ratio?
Here is a video I found:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q40VVv7vIhM
I've no idea if it's real. I've no idea if the formula changed since. But it appears that the ratio of 10 to 12 is about right.
Anyway, apparently "back in the day" (if the video is real) scan chance was displayed. As and u can see, the cap is 97% and it actually "jumps" instead of going to some kind of carefully calculated formula.


Anyway, I really dunno if it's real, and I really don't know if the real mechanism have changed(or just the display) so~ don't take it as hard evidence.

_________________
当所有传奇写下第一个篇章 原来所谓英雄也和我们一样
私は一発の銃弾、銃弾は人の心を持たない。故に、何も考えない。ただ、目的に向かって飛ぶだけ


Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:29 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:40 pm
Posts: 1671
Post Re: Scanning for Planets - Scan to planets found ratio?
Oh so you like my video eh ? Yes that was before Dan made the scan chance "vague" which pissed me off to no end, I like exact numbers but it doesn't matter, in general once you hit poor, just stop unless you are wasting a cube. Below is the exact data of that scan run:

Code:
5719 scan
   %    planets  delta  drop rate average

   99     345                              42     375      1      1.2              22     405      1      0.6
   98     346      1                       41     376      1       1               22     406      0      0.4
   94     347      4                       40     377      1       1               22     407      0      0.4
   91     348      3                       39     378      1       1               21     408      1      0.4
   88     349      3                       38     379      1       1               21     409      0      0.4
   85     350      3      2.8              37     380      1       1               21     410      0      0.2
   82     351      3      3.2              37     381      0      0.8              20     411      1      0.4
   80     352      2      2.8              36     382      1      0.8              20     412      0      0.4
   77     353      3      2.8              35     383      1      0.8              20     413      0      0.2
   75     354      2      2.6              34     384      1      0.8              19     414      1      0.4
   73     355      2      2.4              33     385      1      0.8              19     415      0      0.4
   70     356      3      2.4              33     386      0      0.8              19     416      0      0.2
   68     357      2      2.4              32     387      1      0.8              18     417      1      0.4
   66     358      2      2.2              31     388      1      0.8              18     418      0      0.4
   64     359      2      2.2              31     389      0      0.6              18     419      0      0.2
   62     360      2      2.2              30     390      1      0.6              17     420      1      0.4
   61     361      1      1.8              29     391      1      0.8              17     421      0      0.4
   59     362      2      1.8              29     392      0      0.6              17     422      0      0.2
   57     363      2      1.8              28     393      1      0.6              17     423      0      0.2
   56     364      1      1.6              28     394      0      0.6              16     424      1      0.4
   54     365      2      1.6              27     395      1      0.6              16     425      0      0.2
   53     366      1      1.6              27     396      0      0.4              16     426      0      0.2
   51     367      2      1.6              26     397      1      0.6              16     427      0      0.2
   50     368      1      1.4              26     398      0      0.4              15     428      1      0.4
   49     369      1      1.4              25     399      1      0.6              15     429      0      0.2
   48     370      1      1.2              25     400      0      0.4
   46     371      2      1.4              24     401      1      0.6
   45     372      1      1.2              24     402      0      0.4
   44     373      1      1.2              23     403      1      0.6
   43     374      1      1.2              23     404      0      0.4

_________________
Ex cinere surget iterum ego galaxiae dominatur.
Image


Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:07 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:44 am
Posts: 3751
Post Re: Scanning for Planets - Scan to planets found ratio?
Uy23e wrote:
Here is a video I found:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q40VVv7vIhM
I've no idea if it's real. I've no idea if the formula changed since. But it appears that the ratio of 10 to 12 is about right.
Anyway, apparently "back in the day" (if the video is real) scan chance was displayed. As and u can see, the cap is 97% and it actually "jumps" instead of going to some kind of carefully calculated formula.


Anyway, I really dunno if it's real, and I really don't know if the real mechanism have changed(or just the display) so~ don't take it as hard evidence.

there's one way to find out....
get yourself at 265 planets and 5719 scan, and record the number of failed scans and cloaked scans between successful scans at each planet count.... till you get to 429 planets

_________________
_________ Image

Officer Namba1 of The Unknown, Lv.666+ Dark Smuggler

Image


Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:42 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:44 am
Posts: 3751
Post Re: Scanning for Planets - Scan to planets found ratio?
5727 scan (i got the closest i could to 5719)

0-356 planets = good
70%
357-377 planets = fair
40%
378-428 planets = poor
15%
429-...? planets = very poor


so there it is folks....

good = 70-100%
fair = 40-70%
poor = 15-40%
very poor = under 15%
not sure where the button turns gray (probably 5%?)

_________________
_________ Image

Officer Namba1 of The Unknown, Lv.666+ Dark Smuggler

Image


Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:08 am
Profile

Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:18 pm
Posts: 604
Post Re: Scanning for Planets - Scan to planets found ratio?
Nice work Lone Lycan very helpful

_________________
Image
Once Fabulon, now known as Thebloodynine
Most exasperated leader at Project Anarchy. Don't talk to me till the caffeine hit is in
Have given up caffeine- probably best just not to talk to me


Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:37 am
Profile

Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:01 pm
Posts: 2072
Post Re: Scanning for Planets - Scan to planets found ratio?
another data point
4745 scan on the dot
450 planets on the dot maxed (wow that was actually pretty easy maxing out all planet)
scan to maximum planets supported ratio approx.
10.5:1

_________________
Image


Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:50 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:44 am
Posts: 3751
Post Re: Scanning for Planets - Scan to planets found ratio?
destroyer43 wrote:
another data point
4745 scan on the dot
450 planets on the dot maxed (wow that was actually pretty easy maxing out all planet)
scan to maximum planets supported ratio approx.
10.5:1

just to clarify, you're saying at 4745 scan, your button turned gray at 450 planets, right?

_________________
_________ Image

Officer Namba1 of The Unknown, Lv.666+ Dark Smuggler

Image


Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:21 am
Profile

Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:01 pm
Posts: 2072
Post Re: Scanning for Planets - Scan to planets found ratio?
Lone.Lycan wrote:
destroyer43 wrote:
another data point
4745 scan on the dot
450 planets on the dot maxed (wow that was actually pretty easy maxing out all planet)
scan to maximum planets supported ratio approx.
10.5:1

just to clarify, you're saying at 4745 scan, your button turned gray at 450 planets, right?

yes

_________________
Image


Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:38 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: