View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Exotica is a waste 

I have stopped posting to the forums because I realized for a few, its nothing more than their desire to get the attention here that sane people would never give them in the real world. That the reason many act like little playground bullies is because that many (not all) have no real life. Interacting with them in the forum not only encourages them and gives them exactly the attention they cannot get anywhere else, it brings me down to their level.

So when I was told about the Exotica argument I realized it proves my point ezactly. I know everyone is grousing about Exotica in another thread but that wasn't the threads intended purpose. So rather than add to the threadjacking, I am stating it here.

EXOTICA IS A WASTE.

People can talk all they want about it being a trophy, Sure if you have more ego than you can keep under control, it is a fine trophy. I can understand that you want to show off and strut so that everyone looks at you. Exotica allows you to make as big a spectacle as possible of yourself.

If you have more intelligence than arrogance you realize Exotica is a waste. Here is why:

1) You have to build so much to defend it that the resources you get in return are little to none.

2) You take ships away from other places that could be better used

3) You show people your true nature by how you handle it

4) The amount of time, effort and energy that go into defending it could be used to improve a bigger planet with better resources. Then you would have one nobody knew about.

5) People get bored with it because once you have it there is really nothing else to do. You can't improve it, build better resources, get anything substantial out of it.

6) The only people who are going to attack it are the people to stupid to realize the above and if you think they will give you an epic battle, great. In reality you can't have epic "battles" when you are just clicking a button until the game won't let you anymore. If that were true my cat could give you an epic battle anytime he climbs onto my keyboard.

My legion asked to take it awhile back and I told them no because it was a waste of time, energy and gameplay. I say we should all let the peasants have their games and feel like kings for as long as they want to keep it. The more we ignore them, the better off we all are.

- #3 with level 6 base and #3 in Legion strength (not just NPC fighters)
- 13 Lab creations (all the best)
- Our base gives 22000 RP a day

Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:19 pm
Profile WWW

I'm not too that mission yet so i have no idea about the planet itself. But I've read the thread and I must say I can think of any number of other planets I'd rather have then one I need to fight over with everyone else. I'm guessing the Planetary Flux doesn't erase the this planet from the memory banks of those that have completed the mission so that thought is out.

I can't see wasting my time trying to take it over, defend or obtain it myself. I'd much rather find new planets or conquer planets others have done a shabby job of building and defending.

Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:50 pm

Destro1328 wrote:
I'm not too that mission yet so i have no idea about the planet itself. But I've read the thread and I must say I can think of any number of other planets I'd rather have then one I need to fight over with everyone else. I'm guessing the Planetary Flux doesn't erase the this planet from the memory banks of those that have completed the mission so that thought is out.

I can't see wasting my time trying to take it over, defend or obtain it myself. I'd much rather find new planets or conquer planets others have done a shabby job of building and defending.

The only reason no one has fluxed it yet is because (being immune to artifacts) flux can't work on it.

Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:42 pm

you're just bitter that you currently have no way of fighting for it because of how the current owner developed a strategy that does not involve or require monetary superiority.

grow up and stop complaining about how others excel at one thing or another. 90% of your posts spew hate, whether blatant or subtle, and it truly adds no substance to any discussion.

Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:30 am

IDK, as a point of pride it makes more sense to take it up at a higher level since one wasted planet means much less at that point. I've gotten 2 fluxes from AP since the nerf, but I really feel sorry for people fluxing that POS. What level are people when they complete that? I still haven't done it. Do fluxes even work on it? ..Temporarily

Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:12 am

No, it is permanently immune to artifacts.

Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]