View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Composite Ray 

Should i pick defence, cloak, or scan bonus?

Sun May 06, 2012 2:09 am

which ever one suits your play style the best.

If you don't like PvP or would like to be a tougher target pick Defense
If you like to hack pick Cloak
If you like doing scan runs or NPCing pick Scan

Sun May 06, 2012 2:20 am

id pick scan first. means more planets when you scan. can always go and get 3 complete sets later.

ICBLF wrote:
to be honest, I was rooting for you even while eating KVTs

Sun May 06, 2012 2:57 am

did you get the dark badges via casual random spur of moment NPCing or did u recently switch to mass NPC style?

If it's the former, go scan or cloak, if it's the latter, go def--should be ez enough to farm another set and def will help quite a bit (I'd say 5-8 repairs per composite ray farmed) If your ship is properlly suitted for NPCing and in a legion that can digest elites quickly enough, you will have ur 2 sets of composite rays in a month, which you can probably delay your next scan run until then

and between scan or cloak, pick cloak if you are hacker main, but i'd think most ppl pick scan.

Sun May 06, 2012 3:16 am

Get them all just uninstall at different times

Sun May 06, 2012 8:10 am

id personally go with cloak as the majority of new and existing artis lend themselves to either defense or scan.

Sun May 06, 2012 2:59 pm

1st set-Defense. It gives you a little extra survivability when PvPing and NPCing. Also gives you a pinch more resistance to badging. They have to spend a little more energy to get the kill.

2nd set-Scan. You're more than likely going to do scan runs periodically so the boost is nice, but not needed 24/7.

3rd set-Cloak. 240 cloak isn't much and won't really help you a lot. Only time this will help is when you are hacking.

[20:40] Wredz: just hacked a massive extremely rich minting planet from someone.. thats the best planet i ever hacked
[20:43] DarthFlagitious: is it spearmint or peppermint?

Sun May 06, 2012 4:45 pm
Profile WWW

I just got the scan ones and am going to be done. Android Helmsmen are easy to come by, and 160 defense isn't worth the fuss of 1200ish dark badges. Better instead to boost production with Quantum Accelerators and to use those and magnetospheres to help perma-cloak words. And again, the possible 240 cloak isn't that valuable either, given the general lack of usefulness for ship cloak.
Scan's worth having because it's hard to get and there's no way to boost it from drops or rank points, unlike Helmsmen.

Sun May 06, 2012 6:48 pm

Toastar wrote:
I just got the scan ones and am going to be done. Android Helmsmen are easy to come by, and 160 defense isn't worth the fuss of 1200ish dark badges. Better instead to boost production with Quantum Accelerators and to use those and magnetospheres to help perma-cloak words. And again, the possible 240 cloak isn't that valuable either, given the general lack of usefulness for ship cloak.
Scan's worth having because it's hard to get and there's no way to boost it from drops or rank points, unlike Helmsmen.

thanks.
this was what i was thinking, because u can get a billion helmsmen if u have high arti

Tue May 08, 2012 3:26 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]