View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Relay's ??? webguydan? 

Hi webguydan and everyone else,

I just did a little math.
I have energy of 222, rank 31.
If I install a Plasma Relay my recharge time is reduced from 2:45 to 2:39 and total energy from 222 to 202.
total time @ 2:45 for recharging to 222 is 10h10'30" right? I did my math correct?
total time @ 2:39 for recharging to 202 is 8h55'18" right?
So what is the benefit? Maybe a little bit of time but to even save one minute I'll have to wait 26'30" right?

Webguydan maybe you could explain the benefits of Relay's.

Brian

Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:16 am

You can install up to 4 relays. Recount using 4 relays. Perhaps you should count how much energy you gain per day using relays.
Also, higher tier relays are much better.

Though, from your calculations, it seems installing 4 relays when you sleep is not a good idea as it will be full in under 8 hours (unless of course you sleep very little)

You can, uninstall relays when sleeping/leveling up. Note that uninstalling modules takes a toll on its condition.

EDIT:
121 seconds 4 plasmas -> 612 energy/day
145 seconds No relay ->523 energy/day

Comes down to -> extra 44 or 45 energy per 12 hours

4 plasmas -> Max energy 141 (fills up in less than 5 hours)

Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:47 am

the benifits of relays really start shinning as you get better ones, the +18 charge ones i have are awwwwsome.

Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:38 pm

But 4x +18 minuses 240 energy, if BrianGameAcct somehow installs it, can he end up with -19 energy? Just thinking :). Hope that its not possible to end up with no energy

Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:22 pm

as you upgrade your relays I certainly hope you are also upgrading your reactors!!! I have atm 3 reactors that raise my total energy by 175 each. Then I have in the 4 +18 second relays. So all told I have 445 energy with them all equipped. total will be a little off from additions of crewmembers from rank ups or artifacts.

Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:28 pm

I don't know what atm is but do have graviton Core IV installed and III also.

being rather low in rank compared to the two of you I think I need an intermediate guide rather than the beginners.

After getting killed a few times and raided I have focused on shields, weapons and energy increasing (like graviton).

Brian

Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:38 pm

On the being killed part - if it's by a much higher rank, researching new combat modules and installing them won't help much. If they are around your rank, try to boost your rank more - spend the points on energy/decks so that you have more energy/decks to install more modules. Get better reactors/relays as soon as possible. Soon your enemies will be left behind in rank and firepower (assuming you start research on combat modules).

Don't understand on what you meant by 'intermediate guide'. Clarify this if required

On raiding, try to keep cargo empty of minerals (maybe also artifacts if possible).

Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:41 pm

The game is pretty self explanatory (especially if you followed the beginning guide). After beginning its up to you to figure out how you wanna play. There is no real great way to play it just depends on what you want to do.

You have the quick leveling route where you focus all research on energy and level crazy fast.

And then you have the slower leveling route where you split your research among everything (which is what I do). I am currently level 76 and I started before some of the higher guys who focused on energy. I have a lot of attack mods and def mods like they do but most I can't afford to entirely implement.

The first route is probably the best because for some reason as you level higher the chance of getting better minerals is there. This means you make more money and can implement things you research faster.

As for my mining thing I will explaiin it a little better.

At around level 50-60 I got tons of Erixion per gathering (w/e its called when you accept the minerals). And few pawlacite and occasionally a kurenite/dieterion here and there

Now at 76 I get a bunch of pawlacite and a few of the dieterion and frequenter a kure/dieter

So I think focusing on leveling and energy maybe even when you can't defend yourself is the best idea if you want to get good quick.

Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:57 pm

Noah wrote:
So I think focusing on leveling and energy maybe even when you can't defend yourself is the best idea if you want to get good quick.

/concur it worked for me!

Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:04 pm

Cothordin wrote:
Noah wrote:

/concur it worked for me!

i have pretty balanced tech except for the energy, weapons, and defense trees. just recently i made a huge push toward energy so i could play the energy game of having on good relays during the day and reactors and no relays at night. i used to go around hauling all my guns, and def modules around 24/7, but i only do that now if i want to PvP. so far i finally reached plasma relays +6 which could help me out alot to level. i still have a pretty formidable tech in weapons for my level so fighting is always an option if i need to defend, or invade.

Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:55 pm

hunter wrote:
i have pretty balanced tech except for the energy, weapons, and defense trees. just recently i made a huge push toward energy so i could play the energy game of having on good relays during the day and reactors and no relays at night. i used to go around hauling all my guns, and def modules around 24/7, but i only do that now if i want to PvP. so far i finally reached plasma relays +6 which could help me out alot to level. i still have a pretty formidable tech in weapons for my level so fighting is always an option if i need to defend, or invade.

Exactly how I work, cept at this rank i keep my defense up because i have the room and so im better prepared for when i cant be on.

Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:03 am

To all thanks for your ideas.

Barracuda, I only meant a guide beyond the beginners.

I'm beginning to see that their is no real set path in this game to go on.
What does adding Arcology structures (habits for many more people) do for planets?
I thought it would increase my resource levels but didn't.
Did I waste my money on them?

Foolishly I used my points below level 10 to recharge and before I read the beginners guide. Anyway to get points besides paying the high price of 200 for $20?

Regarding researching techs I think it's best to stop just short of the high levels (Ion Channeling, Quantum Capacitors, Nano Assembly) at least I start generating some serious research credits per hour -- I'm only at 175.

Again thanks for all your thoughts on how you individually play the game. Other's please give us your thoughts. This thread could be useful to others that are new in the game but beyond the beginners guide.

Brian

Sat May 01, 2010 1:25 pm

Well, a guide beyond beginners, you can't really give much help to anyone beyond the beginner's range as it is best to learn from experience. Arcology is a pop building. Pop = planets hitpoints. You need to reduce the planets hit points to around 10 before you can target the guards or invade the planet. So its not wasted unless you had a planet full of pop and no production.

Sat May 01, 2010 2:28 pm

This game is new, even to those who are on the scoreboards. Were all still learning whats the best way to be the best. So no one can really give you an "intermediate" guide because what I would call intermediate right now is not going to be intermediate in 2 weeks and because I dont know what your dealing with right now, wether its bullys or just the random guy attacking you.

After rank 20 the only advice i can honestly give is this, put more planets into research than anything else, always make sure that you have the minerals/hour to then use this tech, and make sure you have enough artifacts to get the good stuff. And keep ranking if your being bullied.

Sat May 01, 2010 8:08 pm

Cothordin thank you.
I was beginning to realize that I need more research per hour with the amount need for the tech going up ^^^^

Now I just need to find some good planets for research.

Wish I hadn't occupied those crappy planets I have from the beginning.

Mon May 03, 2010 4:18 pm

BrianGameAcct wrote:
Cothordin thank you.
I was beginning to realize that I need more research per hour with the amount need for the tech going up ^^^^

i feel your pain... hopefully you didnt foolishly spend your 10 free GP's...

Mon May 03, 2010 5:22 pm

hunter wrote:
BrianGameAcct wrote:
Cothordin thank you.

i feel your pain... hopefully you didnt foolishly spend your 10 free GP's...

I spun the galaxy wheel, figured out one of my planets sucked, and cried.

Mon May 03, 2010 9:13 pm

Yes I did foolishly spend my credits. At the beginning I thought my credits would easily be earned. So the first person who attacked I hit back but lost. He wasn't online. I repaired my hull and bought energy for 10 credits. Then I killed him and got nothing for raiding him. I wasn't even at level 10 so I didn't know any better. Wish I had realized that I would have to pay real money for credits. At current prices I'm not paying; especially if I continue to get hit/killed as I sleep each night - I might just quit this game. I would prefer a space based game where if I keep a low profile I'm not 'hunted'.

Tue May 04, 2010 4:37 pm

Use calming amplifier (truce 12 hrs). It might help you sleep. Worked for me. Set traps on your ship. Attackers would have to suffer before killing you :)

Tue May 04, 2010 4:41 pm

You are supposed to manage your money in this game - grow your empire only as fast as you can financially support it. Plenty of players do just fine without purchasing a single GP.

Tue May 04, 2010 4:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next