View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Small ship builds 

they are, its remarkable, I have reset twice, and only with this build have I not been lunch meat XD

Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:56 am

Therealblackhand wrote:
my energy isn't bad at all, actually, I have nearly the recommended energy for a ship, (rank x 10 = your energy) it took me time, but I got their with a mixture of slow build and a helpful legion, kind of like a lot of SSB's I have met :) , and to be perfectly honest, most ships at my level are either SSB or Laughable, so that also may burst a bubble about how its just a lack of energy, or that their are easier targets, truthfully, most are like mine :ugeek:

(just not as good as mine though :lol: , may we all stand with the night mother in the afterlife)

and how much scan do you run at rank 84? its real easy to avoid ssb's at all times just saiyan

Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:26 pm

not very much, when in battle moments, about 100, and in planet scanning phase its usually a little over 650

Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:15 am

and that would be why you see mostly ssb's, i cant speak for how it is down there anymore, i can only say that when I was a low rank I was a vygoid spy, and had a massive hard on for research. I could always see the SSBs but never had to deal with them. Even now in the 1200's of rank i still dont have to deal with them unless I want to, cause they dont carry that much scan, unless they just pass me over, wouldnt know i dont set traps much anymore.

Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:58 am

okay then, just wait, I am certain you will be running into an army of SSB eventually :lol: , all I do know is that there are a lot of SSB, and you most likely will be dealing with a lot of them in a year or two, due to the growing number, and the mods that give both attack and scan

Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:01 am

Therealblackhand wrote:
okay then, just wait, I am certain you will be running into an army of SSB eventually :lol: , all I do know is that there are a lot of SSB, and you most likely will be dealing with a lot of them in a year or two, due to the growing number, and the mods that give both attack and scan

Having run into elerian's ship before... even if the army of SSBs you see now moves into his rank range within the next year or two, he'll have nothing to worry about.

Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:10 am

Therealblackhand wrote:

i *AM* a SSB and i see no sign of any 'army' of SSB. otherwise .. i wouldn't be able to get 30 PvP kills in a rank ...

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:22 am
Profile WWW

senatorhung wrote:
Therealblackhand wrote:

i *AM* a SSB and i see no sign of any 'army' of SSB. otherwise .. i wouldn't be able to get 30 PvP kills in a rank ...

30 kills in one rank? Amateur...

I did some naughty things, and now they have put me in the Royal Asylum, based in Chesterton

Alumni of the Crimson Lances and Lords of Infinity

Rank 971, Strict SSB,Possibly the jazziest ship in the universe

Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:21 pm

umbongo wrote:
senatorhung wrote:
Therealblackhand wrote:

30 kills in one rank? Amateur...

well, since i don't just target laughables on my battle tab .. 30 PvP kills pretty much auto.ranks me.

_____________Image

Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:48 pm
Profile WWW

SSB's are like Corvettes and the same guys drive them

Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:34 am

1) funk---oh yeah!
2) senator- on the accepted idea your ship is decent...you kill a lot of piss ant punks who hack you as well...true?? Hell i can kill 30/rank too if that's where i put my energy
3) the ssb army is moving at the pace of rust on a skyscraper....sure there are a ton out there..but they wont rank, so we will never see them
EVen if we DID see them, we have months/years of much higher ap prod than they do..so while they might not be as worthwhile e-wise to kill..they wont annoy or even minorly trip up any high rank or decent ship-----they WILL hurt the legions they are in by being worthless dregs on planet shares, bases, and legion missions...maybe they can at least provide comedy relief in chat.....SSB army is more like a mindless hive colony of ants...the rare ranking ssb with a purpose..now thats something to behold and fear.

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:37 am

juiceman wrote:
2) senator- on the accepted idea your ship is decent...you kill a lot of piss ant punks who hack you as well...true?? Hell i can kill 30/rank too if that's where i put my energy

yes, if a lowbie hacks me from the kills leaderboard ... and i can not get a badge back from them ... i kill them and zero their raid and hack actions. i don't get too many repeat visitors like that ;)

the number currently on my news feed ? ZERO. been that way for the last couple weeks ...

_____________Image

Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:47 am
Profile WWW

senatorhung wrote:
juiceman wrote:

yes, if a lowbie hacks me from the kills leaderboard ... and i can not get a badge back from them ... i kill them and zero their raid and hack actions. i don't get too many repeat visitors like that ;)

the number currently on my news feed ? ZERO. been that way for the last couple weeks ...

Lol, yeah, I can vouch for this. We had a 400ish rank player hack Sen for some (he thought) free research. Doh! Didn't turn out to be so "free" after all. At least he did eventually come to his senses. He toyed with the idea of arti spamming Sen and trying to return the zeroing favor (I encouraged him in this endeavor--purely for what would have been the entertainment value, mind you ;) ). Sadly, he came to his senses, didn't try to retaliate, and (as far as I know) tries to stay of Sen's feed for the foreseeable future.

By and large I agree with Juiceman's post though. Almost in it's entirety. The thing is there is a vast difference between a good SSB and/or someone who moderates their rank and ranks with a purpose and the typical slow ranking SSB. Most of them are pretty clueless and just stay small and freeze their rank because it's "awesome" and that's what they have been told will lead to a good ship....so, yeah, mindless drones for the most part who add little to a legion. There are, of course, exceptions like Sen, but I think he is very far from the "typical" slow-ranking SSB who has no plan, offers little to his legion, and is instead just a drain on his legion or, at best, may as well not be there at all given his non-existant activity level.

Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:59 pm

Why did hour rank 400 stop? If they are after free research and possibly medal points the kills leaderboard is the place to farm, as long as they don't care about badges. The rp they get there will far outweigh any loss of mp/ap they may recieve. And if they are mad about coming back to the game disabled, remind them that a) that's the cost of pvp play and b) they weren't around to do anything about it anyways so why sweat it. Only time you should get mad when you log in is when you loose a good planet, or your current LM failed.

To the slow ranking comment, the practice is not as practical in game as it was say. 3.5 to 4 years ago when finding a maxed plasma was like hitting jackpot in your scan run. There are so many free resources floating around for those low ranks that ask for them , that it is ALMOST a completely outdated notion, this coming from someone who is part of the slow rankers camp.

That being said if you have a logical reason behind your slow ranking, of power to ya

Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:25 pm

Therealblackhand wrote:
not very much, when in battle moments, about 100, and in planet scanning phase its usually a little over 650

Two dummy stations (size:1 artifact:1 research:1 cloak: 200 per station) on any planet, which is pretty standard in almost any farming planet, in a legion with 50 active members equals 800 cloak. This means any of those planets will be unavailable for you to scan, and it is one of the key reasons I am often boggled why keeping a minimal damage cap so you are not disabled to often, which has no real effect on the game besides boasting points, is preferred over extra energy, invasion attack, scan, etc. when making your ship actually tough at any size is often enough to keep your disables low. Some argue rank points make up for many of this but to get rank points you need planets and with 650 scan no planet worth anything, often even farming, held my an active player would be within your reach.

Anyways, I hope you all enjoy GL with whatever your play style you may so happen to use. Best of luck to all the SSB players out there....thank you for keeping your scan low enough to prevent any of my planets, even about 80% of my farming planets, from being scanned. ;)

Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:56 am
Profile WWW

elerian wrote:
Why did hour rank 400 stop? If they are after free research and possibly medal points the kills leaderboard is the place to farm, as long as they don't care about badges. The rp they get there will far outweigh any loss of mp/ap they may recieve. And if they are mad about coming back to the game disabled, remind them that a) that's the cost of pvp play and b) they weren't around to do anything about it anyways so why sweat it. Only time you should get mad when you log in is when you loose a good planet, or your current LM failed.

To the slow ranking comment, the practice is not as practical in game as it was say. 3.5 to 4 years ago when finding a maxed plasma was like hitting jackpot in your scan run. There are so many free resources floating around for those low ranks that ask for them , that it is ALMOST a completely outdated notion, this coming from someone who is part of the slow rankers camp.

That being said if you have a logical reason behind your slow ranking, of power to ya

He stopped because Sen was, shall we say, diligent about keeping him zeroed and put him down whenever he found he had repaired and was trying to do anything else like LMs or NPCing. He decided the "free" research wasn't worth being unable to play the game for fear of continual disables and/or zeroing. To me research is basically over-rated anyway so by rank 400ish what's the desperate need for more research points in exchange for multi-disables and zeroing? And, as you said, there is so much free stuff out there, such as maxed Plasma's, basically for the asking I don't see why you'd feel the need to risk the ire of leaderboard ships just for a little free research.

Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:13 pm

well depends, i agree with you the research is mostly done with at that point, however, for those who dont have high RP outputs at low levels cause they focused solely on ap and mp production to get their cash / em intake going, then RP would still be a worth while substance, i know a few players that have followed this strategy and have enjoyed it. as for keeping him zeroed so what? that means that sen has just that many more actions and he can freely enjoy taking them from him at his discretion, the RP value is giong to be significant comparitivly speaking to what he would get from those around his own rank, and possibiity for a good crit hack - scoff away - is there, regardless of how small it is. in addition to that if said 400 is a pokemedal master in training, and he's just gotta catch em all, then farming hacks off one person continuously disabling and zeroing you is a great way to do it, they've proven to be a viable easy source for your end goal, and lets be face it, even if his actions are at 100, he'll loose what maybe 4 hours at max from either MP or AP per day, the same amount he would loose from sleeping if his productions are high enough, i assume.

Add to this, that sen is not getting anything worthwhile for attacking your lower rank player, no badges, hardly any great - if any - raids and hacks - if he's doing them - and on top of that, he's burning through his daily uses of TMs zeroing your lower rank, hindering him from getting any meaningfull hacks or raids done on those that would provide a much more lucrative income. By my estimation he's hindering his own game play in this regards.

To address the LM aspect, yes i can see how that would be a pain, however there are several LMs and tasks that dont require you to be repaired, so im not sure how he's being hindered in that regards unless they are conciously those LM tasks that require them to be non-disabled. As far as NPCing goes, i can see how being hit would interferre, however unless they are playing by phone, and their internet is halfway decent, killing somone while they are online is not the easiest thing in the world, thoughi suppose that would depend on your rank 400's ship configuration, and total hull/shield values.

Just my view on the matter though.

Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:19 pm

I disagree on the hindering gameplay statement. Since part of his play is ramping of raid stats, raiding even a lowly pud for free is a quick way to ramp stats. If you are not hurting for production pts, and I know he isn't, a few thousand more AP here or there from raids for a high rank won't make a hill of difference--or a hell of a lot of difference, take your pick. Sure, optimally you raid form ice fishing, saving all energy and raid only if you first probe and see large resource indicators. But in the day to day operations, people zero just to be mean/prove a point/farm/ you name it.

There are tons of people who perpetually trade hacks, planets, etc for medals. As far as tm's I know I make more than I know what to do with. I'm sure Senator is the same way...so even say 30-40 actions off a low level are meaningless arti loss. SAme for nulls, containment cages, restores...yada yada.

Additionally attractive is the fact you don't have to even look to find your free raids/kills. They present themselves to you with a quick easy link and sometimes free entertainment to boot.

What truly baffles me is the average everyday ships who elect to hack top killer ships. They obviously didn't get there by letting stuff slide. Also they are almost certainly very vicious builds who you woulnd't want as 'regulars' on your own bt. While many people will espouse they like a good fight, most people would also confess they love to apply a class 1 ass whippin on a 'stupid' noob.

So I think you have good points, but not sure they are correct in this context or example. For smaller ships, people with less playtime or resources, certainly it could be more prohibitive.

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:23 am

juiceman wrote:
....What truly baffles me is the average everyday ships who elect to hack top killer ships. They obviously didn't get there by letting stuff slide. Also they are almost certainly very vicious builds who you woulnd't want as 'regulars' on your own bt. While many people will espouse they like a good fight, most people would also confess they love to apply a class 1 ass whippin on a 'stupid' noob.

So I think you have good points, but not sure they are correct in this context or example. For smaller ships, people with less playtime or resources, certainly it could be more prohibitive.

Yeah, this is pretty much exactly how I feel about the issue of hacking people from the kills leaderboard. I'm not going to say Elerian doesn't make some valid points, it's just not how I would prioritize my gameplay. To each his own ...

Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:36 am

@juice: elerian was referring to TM action limits, not the usage of TMs. i have 17k TMs so i aint running out of those anytime soon.

@elerian: yeah, multi.hacking or multi.raiding a lowbie means i give up on that many more badges off of real targets. but some days i have energy to burn and just feel the need to slow down ... PvP for reds and yellows is my shizzle, but i have ranked up 300 ranks in the last 3 months doing so. plus, the lower end of my battle tab is starting to get VERY repetitive, so ranking a bit more slowly means i get those juicy badge sources for longer AND maximize my stryll seeker count.

i see some of the kills leaderboard players are okay with lowbies hacking them. me, i prefer NOT to have planets crit.hacked. besides my rift which i stole as a dyson off of an inactive, i have a total of 6 planets out of 275 that have enemy scanners, 2 of which are on the abandon list. i have spent too much energy and xp on the temporal flux mission to give out easy scans of my planets.

_____________Image

Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:42 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next