View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Galactic Concord Station 

Would it be possible to use Planetary Time Vortexes on a planet to jump it's age to 9 months to maximize the GCS without actually waiting the full 9 months?

Golgotha wrote:
its the attitude of being willing to take on the shark with the right harpoon that sets you above most

Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:38 am
Profile WWW

Theoretically, I think it should work. I suppose we can't actually know until someone tries it; maybe if someone has a planet near 9 months they can give it a whirl. Or if someone has a planet nowhere near 9 months but wants to try anyway.

Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:17 pm

No.

A Planetary Time Vortex ONLY increases the DEVELOPMENT of the colony on the planet by one day (the colony development bonus maxes at 100% after five days).

When you use a PTV on a planet it does NOT affect the actual time you have owned it it will stay say the same amount of time since the last attack, etc.

~Q

When a man of genius speaks, a confederacy of dunces swells up to denounce him. -Jonathan Swift

Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:52 pm

The PTV will increase the colony age as much as you like (making it appear you owned a planet before the game even started, if you wish), but it will not increase the time since the planet was last attacked.

Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:16 pm

Ah right, it's based on time since last attacked and not time owned.

Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:16 pm

Thanks.
So much for that idea then...

Golgotha wrote:
its the attitude of being willing to take on the shark with the right harpoon that sets you above most

Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:02 pm
Profile WWW

If you abandon the planet, it resets the "Last Attacked" date. I'm not sure on this, so don't quote me, but I should have time to test it in the next few days.

Devastation - Rank 1209 - Proud Officer of Imperium of Namalak

Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:09 pm

XxDarthDexterxX wrote:
If you abandon the planet, it resets the "Last Attacked" date. I'm not sure on this, so don't quote me, but I should have time to test it in the next few days.

I have bought planets from others where they abandon it. It doesn't reset the last attacked date

Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]