View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Ship spacing help. 

Alright, well, I just made my final aegis, however, I can't find the space for it on my ship. I am going for a medium ship build, (keeping my damage cap at 1258) and I would like to put final aegis on my ship, but I can't figure out where. Here's what I currently have

decks: 2511/2516

Heavy Null Ray x6, Dominion Auto-Blaster x4, Korteth Twin-Blaster x4, Atmospheric Decimator, Ion Pulse Ballistae x4, Combat Analyzer, Prototype Mech XV, Drone Cluster

Energy Supernova Generator - Mark IV x3, Surge Plexus x3, XRP Battery Pack x4, Encephalon Core x4, Q-Pedd Logic Servo x2, HyperChannel Relay x4, Silthion T-Plasma Hub x3, F.A.T.H.E.R. x2, Chron-Transistor, Omicron Injector, Exotic Dynamo

Sensors Continuum Parser x2, Tetra-Seek Targeter x3, AI Supercomputer, Tachyon Router

Hull Perfect Fermionic Armor x5, Scythe Plating, Korteth Plating x2, Protean Armory x3, Impact Absorber

Shields T.O. Phase Barrier x2, Aegis Capacitor x2, Q-Phase Battery Array, Harmonic Resonator, Field Balancer

Cloaking CipherBot x3, Kronyn Anomaly Engine, Gamma Channeler

Defenses Exergonic Inverter - Mark III x4, Trans-Temporal Nacelle - Mark III x4, Velox Thruster x3, Sha'din Forcevoider x4, Silthion T-Phase Utricle x4, Dark Phase Engine x4, BM50 Convoy Shuttle x3, Scruuge X-Deflector x4, Auto-Evasion Node, Thrust Stabilizer, Subspace Compressor

My idea right now is to take off perhaps a TO phase barrier until I find the room to put it back on, however, that would leave me with 10 extra decks, which would annoy me. My other idea was perhaps remove my auto-evasion node and anomaly engine, but would that be worth it?

And please, don't say add more decks, if I wanted to, I would have by now, and I would also have 8 cannons. My end goal is to have only cloaking, scan, %, high stat/deck(such as dominion auto-blasters) ratio, and shield (and maybe hull) modules on my ship, and by my first calculations, for the necessary mods, I'm already over the amount of decks I need.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:55 pm
Profile WWW

you can drop the TO and add the aegis and another anomaly engine (for the cloak, since you are going that route any way) or any other scan/cloak mod you you might have

OR

drop the TO and a forcedriver add the aegis and upgrade 2 Trans-Temporal Nacelles to Trans-Entropy Drive.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:08 pm

Littlefluffy wrote:
you can drop the TO and add the aegis and another anomaly engine (for the cloak, since you are going that route any way) or any other scan/cloak mod you you might have

OR

drop the TO and a forcedriver add the aegis and upgrade 2 Trans-Temporal Nacelles to Trans-Entropy Drive.

I'm not really planning on upgrading any research tech on my ship, for two reasons. 1. It's counter productive to my end goal, and 2, they are not as cost efficient as the other defense mods.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:12 pm
Profile WWW

Because those extra 10 points of damage cap are a killer.

[20:40] Wredz: just hacked a massive extremely rich minting planet from someone.. thats the best planet i ever hacked
[20:43] DarthFlagitious: is it spearmint or peppermint?

Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:46 pm
Profile WWW

Let the guy obsess in peace Darth

Medium ship build coupled with some clever play results in a very tough ship- there are some good examples around

I have killed the crow numerous times and although he isn't there yet i wish him luck

Have given up caffeine- probably best just not to talk to me

Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:54 am

I would lose the decimator (swapped out for invasions) and the Kronyn Anomaly Engine. I only use my decimators for invasion purposes anyhow, since it adds no other attack.

Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:58 am

Fabulon wrote:
Let the guy obsess in peace Darth

Medium ship build coupled with some clever play results in a very tough ship- there are some good examples around

I have killed the crow numerous times and although he isn't there yet i wish him luck

I know I'm not there yet, and I doubt I will be for a while... One of my goals is for it to take at least 100 shots to kill me (not counting krios). I know I won't be there for a while, but whatever. My ship is growing. My current thoughts are to drop 1 null ray for every 1300 TOs, so it's a gradual freeing up of space for me.

And @darth, really? Go troll others, I was asking for advice, and clearly stated that I DIDN'T want to add decks. And though it may not seem like it, that 10 can add up, because with that mentality, I'll never stop adding decks, and eventually, what do you know, it's twice as easy to kill me.

Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:49 am
Profile WWW

Find a way to put two more Hvy Null Guns?

Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:24 am

Nova149 wrote:
Find a way to put two more Hvy Null Guns?

The point of my build is to eventually phase out all researched cannons and defense modules. My ship will be (although it makes the logical sense in me tingle) housing almost completely scan, cloak, hull, and shield, plus other various modules, making it more deck efficient, and ridiculously hard to kill.

Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:31 pm
Profile WWW

are you opposed to my first suggestion?

Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:27 am

drop your hull mods, all my researched hull mods are doing is adding roughly 6K hull, and ive got 25 and a bit. eventually ill probably drop them, but not until im sitting at over 20K hull without them.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:37 am

Drop the Tetra-Seek Targeters unless you are attacking a base.
Drop the MB50 Conboy shuttle unless attacking a base.

When attacking a base, remove Surge Plexus', remove dark phase engines, and install Tetra-Seek and shuttles.

If you do not NPC, remove the Surge Plexus' unless needed for a specific npc run.

As a medium ship build, anything that is specific purpose is a waste of space - unless doing that specific activity.

And drop the hull/shields asap, thats usefull space being wasted, but dont do it till you feel comfortable with your amount of health.

Adaptability is your key. Pretend you are a transformer, not a small self contained ship. YOu need to adapt yourself to each task at hand, not try to be a small big ship :P

Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:03 am

Golgotha wrote:
Drop the Tetra-Seek Targeters unless you are attacking a base.
Drop the MB50 Conboy shuttle unless attacking a base.

When attacking a base, remove Surge Plexus', remove dark phase engines, and install Tetra-Seek and shuttles.

If you do not NPC, remove the Surge Plexus' unless needed for a specific npc run.

As a medium ship build, anything that is specific purpose is a waste of space - unless doing that specific activity.

And drop the hull/shields asap, thats usefull space being wasted, but dont do it till you feel comfortable with your amount of health.

Adaptability is your key. Pretend you are a transformer, not a small self contained ship. YOu need to adapt yourself to each task at hand, not try to be a small big ship :P

Alright, thanks for the advice. As much as I want to go perfect medium ship build, my biggest issue is laziness and forgetfulness. I'm trying to get a balanced build that will help me with this. I'm not really comfortable taking off my hull modules. I'm trying to current take off my cannons first. Like I said, I currently do not feel comfortable with my hull. I only have ~ 14.5k hull.

Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:45 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]