View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Paul's Ship Log: Rank 700+! Looking for comparison/tips 

PaulHsiao wrote:
Minor update @ Rank 722

AP: 39k
MP: 13k
Research: 22k
I have 14 slots open. Storage has become the issue (I lose 3-4 hours from capping, once a day on weekends, and twice a day on weekdays), and I should be working toward fixing that soon.

-Just today, my T.O.s have once again caught up to my Engineers, after my large autoranking spurt from rank 400 to rank 700.
-Anubix hit Rank 100 approximately a month ago.
-Attack is @ 13.5k, defense is at 11k, energy is at 10k. I plan to remove some junk energy modules (which I placed in since the last update) in order to fit in my last two Entrophies, and perhaps even four exergonics. Planning on raising attack to 20k unbuffed before moving on with energy again.

I'll be working toward the new badge items as soon as the initial fallout cools down.
Could use some advice, tips, or comparison. Very much appreciated!

I am currently using the "glass cannon" build. Working with kills currently, raids and hacks are a once in a while kind of thing, considering I have had my Proteans and Cipherbots since rank 25. I am intending to make a switch from PvPing to NPCing at around rank 150 (also considering a few missions to run through). Any suggestions and or tips would be appreciated, especially on the priorities research-wise and any missions worth doing during my transition away from the PvPing focus.

Last edited by PaulHsiao on Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:56 pm, edited 21 times in total.

Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:27 am

Get some defenses on. More defense means fewer times you need to repair and the lesser chance you will get disabled. Weapons, Hull and Defenses are the three things you need for a PVP ship.

Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:09 am

Rarek wrote:
Get some defenses on. More defense means fewer times you need to repair and the lesser chance you will get disabled. Weapons, Hull and Defenses are the three things you need for a PVP ship.

at lower ranks its not a huge deal.

id also say to work on obv shields and 10's

ICBLF wrote:
to be honest, I was rooting for you even while eating KVTs

Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:10 am

KJReed wrote:
Rarek wrote:

at lower ranks its not a huge deal.

id also say to work on obv shields and 10's

Defenses can mean a lot at lower ranks. I recall defense playing a much larger role in smaller amounts down there, to the point that a few hundred defense would make me hit considerably lower on people. There were a few players who had only a few mediocre hulls, but enough defense that I would only hit 10s, making them a pain.

Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:58 am

Rarek wrote:

Yes, I do usually switch from glass cannon to full hulls and defenses over-night. It's a rather great way to waste others' energy trying to kill you. I will be adding hulls and defenses as I get the space to do so. Thanks everyone for taking your time to drop by and give a response!

Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:02 pm

Save Nano's, build hulls!

Senatus et Populusque Imminente

Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:16 pm

Nice ship, I think I've seen it somewhere before (I am rank 66). Your planet, shields, energy, legion, sensors and cloak research is ahead of mine by miles but my hull, attack and defense research is better than yours. You need work on the defense and hull (on the actual ship, not research). Don't bother with legion research yet until higher ranked. Focus on PvP until rank 100 in my opinion so put hold to your planet, sensors, energy, cloak and shields research for now and work on your hull and defense. Attack is fine but those Disruptors take too much space. Get the better weapons, more attack and save some space. Your planet construction is fine, I only got 1/4 your research/hr :( .

Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:22 pm

CouncilOfOrder wrote:
Nice ship, I think I've seen it somewhere before (I am rank 66). Your planet, shields, energy, legion, sensors and cloak research is ahead of mine by miles but my hull, attack and defense research is better than yours. You need work on the defense and hull (on the actual ship, not research). Don't bother with legion research yet until higher ranked. Focus on PvP until rank 100 in my opinion so put hold to your planet, sensors, energy, cloak and shields research for now and work on your hull and defense. Attack is fine but those Disruptors take too much space. Get the better weapons, more attack and save some space. Your planet construction is fine, I only got 1/4 your research/hr :( .

Actually, the CT lab is very nice and useful. Thanks for the tips

Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:54 pm

After 4 months, I have ranked ~200 times, 74 ranks of which were gained (via autoranking) in the span of 3 days (from December 30, 2012-January 1, 2013) in order to obtain my Mission Exotic.
Decks are added only through ship-bots, new additions of decks to be completely halted upon reaching ~2,000-2,250 decks. Rank points are allotted purely into Tactical Officers for as long of a period as it takes to reach 2,000.
Research progression is relatively quick, and is currently shifting me toward completion of wormhole relays [estimated completion date: 1/25/13].
Funds are taking care of themselves for now, expansion of minerals is done when necessary.
Artifacts are my main focus, while I work to find planets suitable to fill my 6 remaining slots.
PvP is once again, in progress, where the re-transition to NPCing should take place once I have a small reserve of red (on top of badges for autoblaster upgrades), blue, and yellow badges.
As for stats, crew, production, and research:

Any input, comparison, or constructive criticism would be vastly appreciated. Thanks everyone :)

EDIT: I am nearing my first Velox

Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:47 pm

My first velox has been installed, and my defense increases to 3834 from 3401! Still looking for any suggestions or criticism :)

Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:27 am

PaulHsiao wrote:
My first velox has been installed, and my defense increases to 3834 from 3401! Still looking for any suggestions or criticism :)

That's a really awesome increase of -433! I really need to get myself a few of those. ;)

Devastation - Rank 1209 - Proud Officer of Imperium of Namalak

Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:06 am

XxDarthDexterxX wrote:
PaulHsiao wrote:

That's a really awesome increase of -433! I really need to get myself a few of those. ;)

Read it again...carefully.

I'd say start getting all 8 defenses on. I still say defense is king, and keep plugging away on that research for hulls. I'd also recommend shooting for the top relays as well.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:10 pm

Stop adding decks if you can.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:01 pm
Profile WWW

Location: Somewhere trying to find a way to increase the use of Time Manipulators.
Rarek wrote:
XxDarthDexterxX wrote:
PaulHsiao wrote:

Read it again...carefully.

I'd say start getting all 8 defenses on. I still say defense is king, and keep plugging away on that research for hulls. I'd also recommend shooting for the top relays as well.

No. Weapons and Energy is king. Get defenses if you like to keep a nice K:D ratio. Get Attack and Energy if you want to last in the game longer. Those Parsers are useless unless you're on your scan run and such, they have a bad deck effiency.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:00 pm
Profile WWW

Rarek wrote:

Thanks, that is currently in-progress, as I wait for ship-bots

Silver_Stiched_Crow wrote:
Stop adding decks if you can.

I am intending to stop at ~2k, in order to fit in 8 defenses, along with a handful of higher efficiency modules. May decide to stop earlier (minimum stopping point will remain for when I have 8 defenses online), appreciate the tip!

RustyTinCan wrote:
No. Weapons and Energy is king. Get defenses if you like to keep a nice K:D ratio. Get Attack and Energy if you want to last in the game longer. Those Parsers are useless unless you're on your scan run and such, they have a bad deck effiency.

Thanks for the tip, everything's looking a lot better with the space formerly taken up by the parsers now filled with higher efficiency items.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:19 pm

i have compiled a comparison chart of 8 pilots in the strategy forum. i didn't include you on the main chart, unfortunately, as your data points were a bit scattered due to inconsistent reporting.

as thanks for the use of your ship log, here is your individual chart:

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:44 am
Profile WWW

Today, I have reached Rank 300, for the sake of being able to see Q-Pedd elites (disregarding the rarity and amount of energy/cages needed to lock them). As a result of switching away from Kronyn Excavator, my artifacts have plummeted by approximately 400 units/hr, although I have 10 planet slots open. Minerals have gone up about 2,000 units, as a result of NPCing, and so far 3 toxic uplifts (1 more to invade). Research has gone up approximately 400 units, as a result of NPCing and android scientists. Since my last update, I have completed Wormhole Relays, Null Rays, and Trans-Temporal Travel, and have begun inching toward Supernova Generators and Hyperchannel Relays. I have managed to fit on all 8 defenses, bringing my defense a bit over 8,000. Attack experiences a small increase, though not major. Crew is a work in progress, since I have made the mistake of adding decks with rank points to quickly squeeze in 8 defenses. In short, I have been cursed by my autoranking abilities (which are finally beginning to fade), and driven rank upwards. All input, commentary, and comparison (do not really mind how close or far from my rank/strength) is appreciated and welcome as usual :)
One final note: I switch between my energy and normal configurations often, and will be switching items out to maintain a constant 2k scan in case I cross paths with Caelon, Dark Dispatcher.

Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:06 am

Looking better than most of the other rank 300 ships out there.

Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:28 pm

PaulHsiao wrote:
Today, I have reached Rank 300, for the sake of being able to see Q-Pedd elites (disregarding the rarity and amount of energy/cages needed to lock them). As a result of switching away from Kronyn Excavator, my artifacts have plummeted by approximately 400 units/hr, although I have 10 planet slots open. Minerals have gone up about 2,000 units, as a result of NPCing, and so far 3 toxic uplifts (1 more to invade). Research has gone up approximately 400 units, as a result of NPCing and android scientists. Since my last update, I have completed Wormhole Relays, Null Rays, and Trans-Temporal Travel, and have begun inching toward Supernova Generators and Hyperchannel Relays. I have managed to fit on all 8 defenses, bringing my defense a bit over 8,000. Attack experiences a small increase, though not major. Crew is a work in progress, since I have made the mistake of adding decks with rank points to quickly squeeze in 8 defenses. In short, I have been cursed by my autoranking abilities (which are finally beginning to fade), and driven rank upwards. All input, commentary, and comparison (do not really mind how close or far from my rank/strength) is appreciated and welcome as usual :)
One final note: I switch between my energy and normal configurations often, and will be switching items out to maintain a constant 2k scan in case I cross paths with Caelon, Dark Dispatcher.

I want your upkeep... :-( Nice stats, btw, you're a bit ahead of me there. I had to use approx half of my defense to be in constant energy mods+Caelon scan...

Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:31 pm

RigorMortis wrote:
Looking better than most of the other rank 300 ships out there.

Thanks to a great legion, and semi-careful planning :) Thanks!

Levrosh wrote:
I want your upkeep... :-( Nice stats, btw, you're a bit ahead of me there. I had to use approx half of my defense to be in constant energy mods+Caelon scan...

As in a lower upkeep or a higher upkeep? :P Yeah, the scan and energy mods take up quite a bit of space, but it just means a few extra repairs and credits. Thanks!

Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next