View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 So Hows my ship going (rank 100) 

I just reached rank 100 So I decided now would be a good time to compare my ship and see if any improvements could be made
General stats
I've started putting my rescued prisoners into tactical officers and a few engineers and adding decks through ship bots
Now my equiptment
Weapons:
Heavy singularity launcher x2
Dom cannon rank 3 x2 (working on getting the last two)
Dom cannon rank 2
Crimson auto phaser
Prototype mech

Energy
Singularity core mk 4 x2
genetarr transmitter mk 2
Father x2
X conduit x2
Drannik power core
omicron injector

Sensors
Decryption quad frame
Ai super computor

Cloaking
Cipherbot x3

Hull
protean armoury x3
merged nexus armour x 3

shields
TO harmonic mega pulser x2
Harmonic resonator
Q-phase battery array

Defenses
BM50 shuttle X 3
Dark ring thruster X 2
Thrust stabiliser

Production
1064 research
1422 arti
640 mining
From 22 planets. I have 4 spare spaces but would rather Take good planets worth keeping long term than bad planets just to get a bit more production in the short term.

Does anyone have any hints about what to improve and if anyones got a ship near my rank can they do a comparason. Thanks.

Stark Tech Inside

Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:06 pm

Looks solid (though it baffles me why people blur out their legion names - are they ashamed?

Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:07 pm
Profile WWW

thunderbolta wrote:
Looks solid (though it baffles me why people blur out their legion names - are they ashamed?

No :P Not ashamed but all the other people seemed to do it so I did to. Im in raiders of the cove atm for the nice research boost

Stark Tech Inside

Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:21 pm

Get Nertinoum armor, it's worth it.

Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:49 pm

You don't need to be going ship-bots that low a rank unless your a SSB, to give any proper advice you need to include your play-style. What I would recommend though is max shield, hull and attack.

Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:13 pm

Cyberpotato wrote:
Get Nertinoum armor, it's worth it.

Sounds good never can have enough hull I'll go for it once my stelar engineering is completed.

Stark Tech Inside

Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:28 pm

Epicownage wrote:
You don't need to be going ship-bots that low a rank unless your a SSB, to give any proper advice you need to include your play-style. What I would recommend though is max shield, hull and attack.

I've been finding lots more shipbots than rescued prisoners so its not realy been a problem decks.

One of my goals is to get my raids much higher at least to the pirate title, prehaps even make it onto the raids board and so the extra crew is helping quite alot.

Im planning to have a relativly smaller ship rather than the low rank titans I've been seeing but still add decks through ship bots rather than storing them all up. Im not sure exactly what that counts as small or medium.

Stark Tech Inside

Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:03 pm

Peticks wrote:
Epicownage wrote:

I've been finding lots more shipbots than rescued prisoners so its not realy been a problem decks.

One of my goals is to get my raids much higher at least to the pirate title, prehaps even make it onto the raids board and so the extra crew is helping quite alot.

Im planning to have a relativly smaller ship rather than the low rank titans I've been seeing but still add decks through ship bots rather than storing them all up. Im not sure exactly what that counts as small or medium.

The problem with "Not really been a problem decks" is, you are Sillixx, and you are not utilizing the racial ability. The whole point of the Sillixx race is to get more decks. Try switching away from Sillixx, as it becomes a "bad habit" and a trap which is difficult to dig yourself out of.

Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:06 pm

DarthSparkles wrote:
Peticks wrote:
Epicownage wrote:

The problem with "Not really been a problem decks" is, you are Sillixx, and you are not utilizing the racial ability. The whole point of the Sillixx race is to get more decks. Try switching away from Sillixx, as it becomes a "bad habit" and a trap which is difficult to dig yourself out of.

Yeah I changed to sillixx when I was about to do my scan run to get 250 planets scanned medal when I was trying to slow rank a little and get the restraining order medal (failed after 15 days). Im planning to switch soon to aerlen excavator.

Stark Tech Inside

Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:35 pm

Looking good, you got decent crew, decent tech, decent deck counts, decent everything. If you intend to make a low deck ship I would suggest to slow down at 1.8k decks. Should be enough decks to give your ship a full primary function at any one time.

Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:48 am

Hey there.

Your ship is good, but by no means extraordinary. What you have done, however, is put your research in the right place to become extraordinary.

Okay, first things first, I'd go from Sillix Explorer --> Konqul Excavator/Fixer. Excavator will be more beneficial in the long run, whereas Fixer will be more beneficial right here and now. Fixer is almost more of a crutch for low defense though, and so I'd definitely run excavator. Sillixx is a trap, long-term and Konqul will often result in better stats.

Next off, keep PvPing for your Dominion Cannons Mk 3 - they have an extraordinary attack:deck ratio, which will allow you to either increase your attack beyond normal, or to save space for other things... which is nice.

Nextly, uninstall the following items:
Decryption Quad Frame
TO Mega Pulser x2

They're not cool - got it? The cloak bonus from the Cipher Bots will allow you to hack even without the Quad Frame, which is only really useful when upgraded. By all means though, get the other quad frames to aid you on a scan run. Uninstalling them will also help with the transition from Sillixx.

I'd also get the last Singularity Core online ahead of the Genetarr Transmitters, though having an additional Genetarr Transmitter will allow you to see the occasional TO Troop Carrier.

Finally, the research. You've done pretty well here, and it's mostly in the right places (cloaking tech, blegh). I'd get Antimatter Streams, Neutronium Hull, and Transconduits (the tier after Zero Point Energy). Also, any time you have planet slots open sensor tech is an option.

That seems about it for now, as you haven't really made any newbie mistakes (race choice aside, which did help you with the scanning).

Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]