View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 313 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
 Pita's ship log- rank 958+ 

Now running perfect syncopated platings.

New Production Numbers:

RP: 6153

MP: 4564

AP: 5771

New Max Energy: 2055

Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:49 pm

That's with missing a ton of defense to get that Caelon scanning going...

Standard attack and defense around 4k and 7.9k, now. About 10k hull, 1k shield, and 2k energy (Adding engineers like crazy, though...)

Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:33 pm

Well, after 7 ranks on NPC'ing, I've found every single extremely rare possible at my rank except Caelon and DCN....

Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:03 pm

Well, that's a first....

(BTW, that's missing approx half of my defense to get 2k scan and max energy)

3 hit kill... Never did that much damage per hit before. Guess it's his/her "Bleh" ship and damage cap thing...

Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:12 pm

I'm now starting to seriously consider resetting. I'm almost certain I will, because with my knowledge of the game now, I will be able ot make a much better ship. What do you guys think? Unfortuanetelty, as I don't really have any GP, I won't be able to get any planets kept. :-( Anyways my only really good one is my 23x research plasma, so that shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:02 pm

if you're a non-GP player, resetting doesn't mean your planets will be any better

Senatus et Populusque Imminente

Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:05 pm

Levrosh wrote:
I'm now starting to seriously consider resetting. I'm almost certain I will, because with my knowledge of the game now, I will be able ot make a much better ship. What do you guys think? Unfortuanetelty, as I don't really have any GP, I won't be able to get any planets kept. :-( Anyways my only really good one is my 23x research plasma, so that shouldn't be too much of an issue.

i dont think a reset will do much other then make you start at phase one. be patient and keep building up your ship and you'll eventually get to a place where your content.

Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:10 pm
Profile WWW

Time is a valuable commodity in this game. It would be better to repair your existing ship.

Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:13 pm

Can we get a list of the planets you own?

ICBLF wrote:
to be honest, I was rooting for you even while eating KVTs

Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:10 am

Levrosh wrote:

There's ALMOST nothing that time CAN'T fix! (The Almost is if you spent all your rank points into Scientists and/or Cargo) Other than that, just give it some time, maybe slow rank a bit... Why would you want to reset anyways? You have killer defense, just get that attack up to about equal and that will be an even more sweet ship than you already have! :)

Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:18 am

Thanks, Topherausenator.

KJReed:

My first page is approx:

23x plasma,

16x toxic,

15x plasma,

15x massive research exotic,

15x toxic x2,

Mission exotic- No special effects, 15x,

11x gas,

9x gaia,

8x research very small exotic.

Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:31 am

Similar to what has been said before, the only things a reset can "fix" are:
  • If you colonized a bunch on really bad planets and can't get GP to abandon them
  • you really care about how many times you've been killed and it's too high
I can't really think of a case where resetting makes fixing any other problem substantially easier.

Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:33 am

Having gone through a reset, I will agree with everyone here. Although I resetting does give you a fresh start, and is not at all a bad experience, working from what you have is much easier than from the ground up. Your ship is perfectly fine, better than many at your rank.
If you really do decide to reset for a fresh start, I would heavily suggest rethinking it in any way possible, as such an action cannot be undone.

On a side note: If you are ever looking for a close comparison, I'm not too far off your rank, and would be happy to share with you any of my stats, knowledge, etc.

Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:56 am

ICBLF wrote:
Similar to what has been said before, the only things a reset can "fix" are:
  • If you colonized a bunch on really bad planets and can't get GP to abandon them
  • you really care about how many times you've been killed and it's too high
I can't really think of a case where resetting makes fixing any other problem substantially easier.

It's pretty much that. I'd colonized a bunch of small and tinies at the start, together with a lot of large gasses. Also, though I do understand that kills are'nt everything, I do think it took me way to long to get to insane, much less annihalalor.

Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:00 pm

Turn the gases to plasmas and since you are kronyn make them 2-3x mega rich and leave them undefended, especially those that have few scans on them.Same goes for the tiny and small planets.You could get some GP and abandon few of them, way better than wasting few months to get to this lvl again.

Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:44 pm

LittleNicky wrote:
Turn the gases to plasmas and since you are kronyn make them 2-3x mega rich and leave them undefended, especially those that have few scans on them.Same goes for the tiny and small planets.You could get some GP and abandon few of them, way better than wasting few months to get to this lvl again.

True, but I also just want to try a different ship style- a more artifact based one. Kinda ssb, but I will be adding decks with ship-bots.

My plan is somewhat along the lines of:

Aarlen Fixer,

Rank points put into TO's, Engineers, and Helmsman at a 2:2:1 ratio.

PvP only through rank 50, hopefully get 1k kills and pirate and Black Hat titles.

Through rank 100- NPC, still doing PvP, have all bdages for Dom mark III's def.

After Rank 100 can start doing missions, still keeping PvP going, with NPC as well.

Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:00 pm

Location: Somewhere trying to find a way to increase the use of Time Manipulators.
Levrosh wrote:
LittleNicky wrote:

True, but I also just want to try a different ship style- a more artifact based one. Kinda ssb, but I will be adding decks with ship-bots.

Aarlen Fixer,

PvP only through rank 50, hopefully get 1k kills and pirate and Black Hat titles.

After Rank 100 can start doing missions, still keeping PvP going, with NPC as well.

WHAT?! if you're looking to be a SSB, do NOT build that 2TO:2E:1HM ratio. SSBs do not need defense, you'll have Andriods to help you with that. SSBs' are getting overrated :roll:

Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:03 pm
Profile WWW

RustyTinCan wrote:
Levrosh wrote:
LittleNicky wrote:

Aarlen Fixer,

WHAT?! if you're looking to be a SSB, do NOT build that 2TO:2E:1HM ratio. SSBs do not need defense, you'll have Andriods to help you with that. SSBs' are getting overrated :roll:

As i said, not quite an SSB, but I guess you're right about the defense. I guess a 3:2 TO, Engineer?

Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:15 pm

I would suggest konqul fixer instead of aerlen. I reset as aerlen but found the race defence bonus useless as i ran no defence modules! kongul would be a better choice in my oppinion :)

Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:01 pm

If you're SSBing, Aerlen is a bad choice. Konqul Excavator far surpasses Aerlen Fixer in all situations except base defense.

Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:05 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 313 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next