View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Sharing useless planets 

Stop, please. I get a lot of useless planet alerts with the "colonize" message. I've been guilty of this too, before I knew any better. I know people are trying to help and I really do appreciate the thought, but it doesn't do you or anyone else any good. At best, it clutters up people's ship logs. But worse than that, it could weaken your alliance. Inexperienced players might colonize them without knowing any better. They lose potential resources, and then later they need to waste precious GP to get rid of them. Resources and GP that could have been used to be stronger while they're in orbit guarding your nice fat terran planet.

There has been talk about finding ways to use those small or sparse planets. But until that happens, please think about the planet you are alerting. Ask yourself if you would colonize it if you had the money and capacity. If the answer is no, maybe it's not worth sharing.

Sat May 08, 2010 2:41 pm

i know your pain. i get alerts about very tiny extremely sparse and the like all the time. not that im better or anything, i just never put up a crappy planet, because it always seemed so ridicules, if i never would colonize it why would or should anyone else. the thing is though, as it turns out im sure you have also gotten alerts about planets that a legion has colonized it is very tiny extremely spars i cracks me up. i have only ever put up one planet and a legion member took it(very massive extremely abundant research). i just figured it was best to help out and not horde my good ones. now if i find a mega rich or dyson IM NOT ALERTING lol.

That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!

Sun May 09, 2010 3:37 pm

OMG SO TRUUUUUE!!! I don't want your very massive fuggin gas planet that is sparse in research.

Sun May 09, 2010 7:35 pm

Noah wrote:
OMG SO TRUUUUUE!!! I don't want your very massive fuggin gas planet that is sparse in research.

is there such a thing? i never saw one less than average gas.

Sun May 09, 2010 7:38 pm

hunter wrote:
Noah wrote:

is there such a thing? i never saw one less than average gas.

Iv seen like 8 of them.

Sun May 09, 2010 7:52 pm

all i want to say.. is please don't share anything that don't have at LEAST a 50% production in something

Sun May 09, 2010 8:32 pm

Another one I've been seeing a lot of lately... Planets shared with an "invade" message that are owned by players under level 10.

Especially the crappy ones. Why, exactly, do you want me to invade a very tiny sparse planet, even if I COULD??

Thu May 13, 2010 2:38 am

Someone in my legion shared a planet today that made me laugh. Tiny, with extremely sparse resources, and colonized by a player who put a Prejor Beacon and a M.O.T.H.E.R. artifact on it. It's possible the owner of the planet just did it as a joke, but that's a waste of some decent artifacts (and a planet slot) on a completely worthless planet... :?

Thu May 13, 2010 3:54 am

If you share a planet, does it get added to your list?
If so, doesn't that reduce the chance that one of your good planets might be hacked?
I'm thinking the more planets on your list, the better?
So other than the log scrolling, is there a big downside?

Sun May 16, 2010 3:39 pm

Andy wrote:
If you share a planet, does it get added to your list?
If so, doesn't that reduce the chance that one of your good planets might be hacked?
I'm thinking the more planets on your list, the better?
So other than the log scrolling, is there a big downside?

a planet shared to you only stays in your list for a short while (24 hours i believe?). Unless you colonize it of course then it is on your list permanently. people are just saying this cause its dang annoying. specially when you have 250 planets in your list already and want to find your next one to colonize. Atm you have to click each planet individually.

Sun May 16, 2010 4:53 pm

Planet shares lasts 12 hours, After that the planet will be "out of range", non-viewable unless you colonise/invades it.

Mon May 17, 2010 2:24 pm

Another one I've been getting a LOT lately: Alerts to help weaken or invade a planet. Usually a crappy planet, small or worse, with average or worse resources. With NO recorded attacks shown on the colony status. Question: If YOU don't want to invade it, why would I??

Please don't ask me to use up my resources by attacking planets that you or anybody else will want. With some of these colonies, the only one to benefit by taking it would be the former owner!

Mon May 17, 2010 8:04 pm

Heh, my last post was almost identical to one from a few days ago. Oops. But here's a slightly different gripe: Please don't alert me to help you defend your small average planet that has never been attacked.

Tue May 18, 2010 2:11 am

Post !
I have gotten so many bad planet notifications, I'm looking for the alert log on/off switch. lol

My planet view is cluttered with these tiny, very small, or small mud balls. Unless it is a mega rich in something I won't even guard it for Legion member.

On the "my bad" side, the other day while considering which gem of the collected scans and offerings to colonize, I went to look at the Hostiles. I also learned this colony was going to cost a million credits. WoW! I wrongly thought capturing a planet was free. So I finally found a Hostile worth taking and within my abilities. However between the search and the defense values on this planets, I ran out of energy. Waiting to regenerate energy, even with 4 relays, is painstakingly slow. That was when I noticed the planet regenerating its personnel. That ten points to colonize can be a deal breaker. Getting stuck twice in this situation, I put out the 'call' for assistance to Weaken but don't invade.

So I get the reply - Planet ready for me to capture. Guess what the cost to capture that gas bag was twice the cost(2 Million) to colonize on of my own. Well I just dropped it and ran, embarrassed for asking for help, thinking how idiotic! Unless the planet is soo special, there is no way capturing another person's planet can make a profit.

So I cleared my ship of everything to install four of the best current Tech Scanners and scanned until I found a decent planet to colonize. Got One!! And used up my energy doing it again.

Yep this game is lotsa fun!!!!!! BTW, I abandoned a very large Gas Giant with very sparse research and noting else named Duirt or something.

Wed May 19, 2010 8:49 pm

Ms.MAM wrote:
I have gotten so many bad planet notifications, I'm looking for the alert log on/off switch.

Dan is working on planet flagging

Ms.MAM wrote:
So I get the reply - Planet ready for me to capture. Guess what the cost to capture that gas bag was twice the cost(2 Million) to colonize on of my own.

Yeah, invading costs 2x credits and extra energy. Also population regenerates like shield

Thu May 20, 2010 3:21 am

So that is my real Question - Why Invade / steal a planet? Unless it was for some reason truly unique, (like a Dyson sphere) it seems very unproductive.

When I reconfigure my ship for planet scans I will find planets - mostly garbage but I will find at least 2 or 3 possibles. My ships gets 456 points in scanning now with 5 sensors and pretty much stripped of everything else(Imagine the EM Signature when scanning for planets). I'm still researching the level 3 so I suspect this value will go even higher.

A member of my legion is all upset :evil: 'cuz this player took his planet. He has now wasted energy, credits, time, artifacts, and his progress in the game to get this planet back. What a waste!! It is not a super rich any thing. :twisted: I have been known get angry when attacked and vow doom and gloom etc. etc. etc. but I have learned patience the most in these games and to observe - it is funnier that way. lol :mrgreen:

Sat May 22, 2010 9:48 pm

Ms.MAM wrote:
So that is my real Question - Why Invade / steal a planet? Unless it was for some reason truly unique, (like a Dyson sphere) it seems very unproductive.

When I reconfigure my ship for planet scans I will find planets - mostly garbage but I will find at least 2 or 3 possibles. My ships gets 456 points in scanning now with 5 sensors and pretty much stripped of everything else(Imagine the EM Signature when scanning for planets). I'm still researching the level 3 so I suspect this value will go even higher.

A member of my legion is all upset :evil: 'cuz this player took his planet. He has now wasted energy, credits, time, artifacts, and his progress in the game to get this planet back. What a waste!! It is not a super rich any thing. :twisted: I have been known get angry when attacked and vow doom and gloom etc. etc. etc. but I have learned patience the most in these games and to observe - it is funnier that way. lol :mrgreen:

Well \what would you do if you found a super awesome planet that someone had that they werent defending?

Sat May 22, 2010 9:51 pm

Ms.MAM wrote:

Well, I haven't conquered any planets yet, but I'm assuming that all the structures on them remain when you conquer them. If that is the case, then a planet that has been thoroughly built up, especially if it's equipped with artifacts or facilities you haven't researched yet, may well be worth the extra expense of conquering.

Sun May 23, 2010 2:15 am

Pyrusticia wrote:
Ms.MAM wrote:

Well, I haven't conquered any planets yet, but I'm assuming that all the structures on them remain when you conquer them. If that is the case, then a planet that has been thoroughly built up, especially if it's equipped with artifacts or facilities you haven't researched yet, may well be worth the extra expense of conquering.

Sorry to burst your bubble but if you havnt researched a structure then you dont get production from it.

Sun May 23, 2010 2:30 am

Cothordin wrote:
Sorry to burst your bubble but if you havnt researched a structure then you dont get production from it.

Shucks. Well, the expense saved from building all those facilities may still make it worth it, if it's a large enough planet. Particularly if there are artifact facilities on the planet.

Sun May 23, 2010 2:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next