View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Rank 1631, 2049 decks. I Aint Inactive Yet! 

i know what a pain it is to try and disable you first hand
impressive ship.. you have done a nice job

Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:30 pm

1600 decks with 12k SS... Give me a few hundred ranks and I'll have to come up to Lords and see how I hold up on exotica

Senatus et Populusque Imminente

Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:33 pm

Lol I'm like a REALLY REALLY REALLY scaled down version of your ship. Only 43 decks, all going into hull and one Dominion Cannon. All my rank points go into TO's or Engineers, and use the odd ship-bot for hull upgrades.

And my artifact is 0.005% of your :lol:

Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:44 pm
Profile WWW

That's awesome. I'm another ship inspired by your medium deck build. 1700 decks, 16k strength, 24k hull with fixer. Still working on it :)

#20ish on stat farmers leaderboard
#10ish raids board
#20ish hacks board. Hacking sucks.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:43 am

Glad to see I have made a bit of a mark on the universe :)

Now, what I had really hoped was that this would be a chance for us Medium ship builds to discuss how we rig our ships :)

How do you guys NPC? Do you prioritise Energy over Firepower when hitting bases, or the other way around?

I find that I actually tend to go scan, then energy as my priority for NPC's, for example.
Hull, then defence, when setting up for hardcore planet defence (Response time is more important than impressive looking numbers) etc.

How do you run it? Rebuild every day? Every task? once a week? Let this be the forum of module movers!

Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:52 am

I don't know if I could ever be a true MSB. However, technically, I am a MSB, (3k decks, with no plan to add anymore in the near future) in the sense I have a few hundred decks under half of the maximum for total installed modules. But beside that point, I just can't bring myself to keep modules on my ship that I'm not going to use that often, such as scanning modules, I just sell them, and then buy them when I go on scan runs.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:41 am
Profile WWW

Personally for basing, for 5k- 20k attack and I leave defence on to save repairs, but over or under that, I'm getting capped every hit anyways, or it doesn't hit hard enough to matter and I'll let my hull and shields take it while juicing up my energy and guns.

Senatus et Populusque Imminente

Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:43 am

Golgotha wrote:
How do you run it? Rebuild every day? Every task? once a week? Let this be the forum of module movers!

With 2712 decks, I normally keep the same set-up for everything I do :)

Which basically is:
- All energy modules installed (16k energy with relays on - focusing on this until I have 15/1 energy / rank ratio)
- 4500 scan (to see the Kelethor)
- Some balance on NPC Atk / Def (normally is 35k / 20k with regular buffs - 55k hull / 25k shield; I save the cruxes for when it matters - I know this is low, but it does what I need it to do - 200k NPC kills so far ;p)

So I only switch for base attacks (removing some scan modules to use the Tetra-Seek Targeters and BM50 Convoy Shuttles), or Scan runs (which I don't do that often). I feel the time I spend switching stuff around is not worth the gains on stats, so I avoid it as much as I can.

Obviously when defending myself I tend to remove all scan and energy modules to switch for more hull and atk / defense, but that does not happen so often (with my normal build I was able to fend off several legions trying for Exotica for more than 4 hours by myself, until I had to go bed - so the lowish damage cap is what really helps here).

Your ship is really impressive, although I hope with time I should be able to catch up a bit ;) I have lower crew but higher production, and I have only played for 11 months (so I have 2/3s of your crew or so, but 75k arti production which will increase a lot, very soon - I hope... I have still 70 open slots to colonize planets, once I save enough purgers hehe :P).

Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:39 am

Normally I run with no energy or sensors or attack, mostly defense and hull. I switch according to the task. When NPCing or basing I get surge plexus/tetra-seeks and full attack on. Cores never go on unless ranking or refilling, and then come off ASAP. Sensors go on for the Talth chain. I exclusively remove defense to make space - figure I don't need it if I'm online (I don't have planet defense to worry about). I don't NPC much yet but I'll have to figure out a way to go for Caelon/larva...

#20ish on stat farmers leaderboard
#10ish raids board
#20ish hacks board. Hacking sucks.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:06 pm

Sharnhorst wrote:
Golgotha wrote:

- All energy modules installed (16k energy with relays on - focusing on this until I have 15/1 energy / rank ratio)

Out of curiosity, why the 15/1 energy/rank ratio? I have to admit, my area of strength is NOT energy builds.

Is that enough to level up with one refill vs bases? I know 10/1 is good enough for 1 refill to level for missions, and autolevel vs npc's (which is why i stopped at that point)

Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:58 pm

Golgotha wrote:
Sharnhorst wrote:
Golgotha wrote:

Out of curiosity, why the 15/1 energy/rank ratio? I have to admit, my area of strength is NOT energy builds.

Is that enough to level up with one refill vs bases? I know 10/1 is good enough for 1 refill to level for missions, and autolevel vs npc's (which is why i stopped at that point)

It's the minimum needed to auto rank off of purger.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:50 pm
Profile WWW

2163 Decks

NPCing:
Max attack & energy . . . . . . Admittedly I could remove energy mods & fill in scan as energy diminishes.. But I'm lazy like that.
Then scan

Cloak, defense, shield & hull isn't really important since the damage isn't much. They won't hack me.. so why have cloak on?

Bases:
Max energy, attack & hull

Then Shields. I leave a few shield mods off due to space issues.
I never really have any defense mods on since they won't stop the bases from hitting cap or close to cap. I can put my deck to better use..
0 cloak mods

PvPing:
Max attack, hull & shield
Pending on energy levels, max energy & then remove mods as energy diminishes.

Average cloak & scan
0 defense modules online since I feel I can put my decks to better use.

I don't really know what to remove to fit energy mods. Say I use a cube then go PvPing. What do I remove? The list of mods I remove changes from day to day. It's a mix of shield, cloak & scan mods. Any thoughts?

Good? Bad? What do you guys think?

Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:12 am

Silver_Stiched_Crow wrote:
It's the minimum needed to auto rank off of purger.

What Crow said :) The more energy, the faster I can get purgers, the faster I can start filling up the open slots.

At the moment I autorank with 65% of my energy going to NPCs, the rest into purgers, which is not that quick.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:20 am

I swap constantly. All depends on whether I'm at max/min energy, NPCing, online, offline, base hitting, alerted, planet scanning, Halc'ed, etc, etc, etc. Obviously, an expensive approach -- the guys at the autoshop love me -- but I've kept my upkeep around 10B and that's under half my research contracts alone. I knew early on cash flow would be a factor with this ship build and planned accordingly.
I'm trying a new config for the moment -- I've uninstalled ALL of my cannons and have replaced with mostly scanners, to see if I can get some hard data on crit hit rates. I'm mostly NPCing this week and am capping out on a lot of NPC's when buffed anyway. I'm at just under 20k TACOs, so weapon modules are just pretty meaningless these days :)

Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:28 am

I would be very, very interested to see your results Vyger.

I have always felt that I take considerably more damage when I am not using cloak. I havent had the numbers to prove it - perhaps I will get around to doing a test while mento is out of the legion.

You dont seem to need much cloak to stop taking the extra damage, but running 0 cloak seems to hurt. Its the main reason i tend to run 2k scan/cloak. It doesnt stop hacks, but makes me feel safer :P

Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:42 am

i have compiled a comparison chart of 8 pilots in the strategy forum. you got star-billing ;)

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:49 am
Profile WWW

Level 1200 update:

I am rather disapionted with my strength/rank ratio at the moment - I have gone up a full hundred and fifty of the two hundred level upgrade in the last fortnight upgrading my legion base and doing the purger mission.

Instead of recalculating all of my statistics, I will be showing my new hull and shield averages, as well as the difference in my crew. This should be a reasonable indicator of strength gain in that time and should be simple addition for those wanting to know my new minimum statistics.. Maximums are a little different, as naturally I have a wider variety of modules to chose from now but it is the average that is important anyway.

In the last 3 months and 200 levels I have:
Clicked Battle 230424 times
Killed 173 players
Died 22 times
Killed 6782 NPC's
Completed 2404 missions
and
Stolen 21 planets

It is fairly obvious that my main activities were Purger mission, Base Building, and Base killing!

This is a difference of:
5080 Engineers
5179 Tactical Officers
4792 Helmsmen
5985 Scientists
(And 87290 cargo space... thats 1454 mass storage pods in three months.)

My standard installed hull is now 76940, and my standard shields are now 38656 This is a difference of 16064 and 8751 respectivly, with a hard damage cap of slightly over a thousand.

Productions are now Minerals: 26818, Artifacts: 73281 and Research: 48733 when without the benefit of Trellith Boost. I have 8 more x15 artifact planets to take (Part of the reason for powerleveling was needing planet slots)

Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:00 pm

I only put on attack and energy for bases, I know it can be a pain, but fully buffed hull and a ship size of 1888 makes it slightly bearable for short durations. since my low energy cap.

on NPCs I love to run with as much attack as I can get (no invasion mods) 2k scan and also any defence I can spare. that is about the same with PvP also because 2k scan makes PvP runs much smoother.

Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:31 pm

This is an edit to show the maths of the 1200 stats.

with the added TO's and Helmsmen, i was running an
attack of 53515 unbuffed and a defense of 27887 unbuffed.

In three days or so i should be uploading an update of my ship at rank 1250

Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:58 pm

Congratz on 1k in rank :)

The Dark Justice, assisting New Ship Members w/Everyday Even Strong Artifacts Payout

Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next