View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Hacking 

At a guess, I would guess that scanning increases crit hack chance and that cloaking decreases crit-fail chance?
I normally run with 1 cloak and no scanners and succeed around 80% in a whopping 57 hacks I have had 0 crits or crit fails. :mrgreen:
Not even when I uninstalled everything, put in loads of scan and cloak and started hacking to get the last 10 badges for my Counter Intel Nexus.

Sun May 29, 2011 5:22 pm
Profile WWW

crit sucesses and fails are extremely rare, no matter what setup you use. unless youre very lucky, its gonna take a lot more than 57 to get either

Mon May 30, 2011 2:15 pm

i still think a fail should notify them where as a win doesn't i mean if someone hacked your laptop you wouldn't know lol and later on ive noticed you need to have a lot of cloak to counter the scans ppl equip to hopefully get better npcs which then leads you to be weak against a win ... i 4t being a zolazin would make it easyer to hack but i still find life easyer going attack and defence only

4t ide put something new here instead of every other similar signature

Mon May 30, 2011 2:25 pm

Revis wrote:
crit sucesses and fails are extremely rare, no matter what setup you use. unless youre very lucky, its gonna take a lot more than 57 to get either

Odd, I find that I get critical successes about once every twenty attempts or so, that is to say I've had six of them out of one-hundred-ten successful hacks. Maybe it's because my occupation is Spy with a Decryption Quad-Frame, twin Stryll Transponders, and twin Zolazin Jammers.

Meanwhile, luckily I've never had a critical failure while hacking, though I did lose a tactical officer on a raid once, which promptly ended my brief experimentation with that.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:40 am
Profile WWW

thunderbolta wrote:
At a guess, I would guess that scanning increases crit hack chance and that cloaking decreases crit-fail chance?
I normally run with 1 cloak and no scanners and succeed around 80% in a whopping 57 hacks I have had 0 crits or crit fails. :mrgreen:
Not even when I uninstalled everything, put in loads of scan and cloak and started hacking to get the last 10 badges for my Counter Intel Nexus.

Since this time I have been crit hacked and crit failed. The crit fail got the tiny/abundant barren I colonised when I was a noob. :D

Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:44 pm
Profile WWW

Annabell wrote:
Revis wrote:

Odd, I find that I get critical successes about once every twenty attempts or so, that is to say I've had six of them out of one-hundred-ten successful hacks. Maybe it's because my occupation is Spy with a Decryption Quad-Frame, twin Stryll Transponders, and twin Zolazin Jammers.

Meanwhile, luckily I've never had a critical failure while hacking, though I did lose a tactical officer on a raid once, which promptly ended my brief experimentation with that.

holy crap ur lucky. ive had 157 successful hacks. 0 crit hacks

Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:57 pm

Champions of Time: Kronyn Builder : Rank 463

Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:05 am

I have 1950 hacks and only had a dozen crit hacks. Been pretty disappointing. I was reading on the galaxy pub about how PSIcore invaded a Mission made Dyson that got crit hacked from someone. That is a pretty epic crit hack.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:53 am

just an idea, but a small exp amount from hacks

10 exp Critical Success: You will steal the location of a planet in the enemy ship's database
8 exp Success: You will steal some research points from the enemy ship
6 exp Unsuccessful: No research points awarded
4 exp Failure: Enemy ship will counter-hack and steal research from your ship
2 exp Critical Failure: Enemy ship will counter-hack and steal the location of one of your planets

lvling process is slow as heck when you hack , hehe

Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:40 am

To address the question raised as to whether the hacking profession affects the crit reroll as well as the initial roll; I emailed Dan a few weeks ago specifically for this reason and he informed me that the added 30% success chance is ONLY for the initial roll- NOT the crit reroll.

As such, if you are aiming specifically to increase your crit hacking potential, the spy profession would be preferable as your base stats affect both rolls.

I myself as a zolazin spy have a ship that is almost completely devoted to cloak and scan modules and enjoy regular critical successes (probably about 1 in 12)

Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:08 am

has anyone come up with a formula for hacking?

say a rank 100+ running a standard 600 scan for NPC's,

How much cloak would you want to match with it to:

#1 successful hacks
#2 increase odds of critical hacks (this is the one I'm truly interested in)

there has to be a sweet spot such as matching 2 cloak to every 1 of scan or ???????

I suppose any hackers that have figured out the correct ratio may not want to divulge said info but.... maybe someone will.

Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:01 am

JKGreene76 wrote:
has anyone come up with a formula for hacking?

say a rank 100+ running a standard 600 scan for NPC's,

How much cloak would you want to match with it to:

#1 successful hacks
#2 increase odds of critical hacks (this is the one I'm truly interested in)

there has to be a sweet spot such as matching 2 cloak to every 1 of scan or ???????

I suppose any hackers that have figured out the correct ratio may not want to divulge said info but.... maybe someone will.

no equation here, but... i have noticed much luck with crit hacks when running matching scan to cloak or more, but be maxed on your cloak mods and just try to have your scan over that as much as you can handle and you will have more success with crit's

OFFICER:STORMKYN ALLIANCE

Current Rank: 800 +

Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:07 am

has there been an update that removes an opponent from your battle tab after a hack?

Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:23 pm

the way i think it works, is like this:
There are 2 "rolls" for hacking - success and effect.

The success roll is Your Cloak VS their Scan. This determines who "wins" the hack.
The effect roll is Your scan VS their cloak (IE them hiding their data). A higher scan:cloak ratio will yield more RP, and will increase the crit % by a certain amount, up to X% (I'd guess somewhere between 1 and 5 %)

However, if you "lose" the success roll, they auto hack you back. This is now their cloak VS your scan to see if they succeed, and if they do, their scan VS your cloak for the effect roll.

Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:54 pm

This is very helpful thank you i'm still kinda new to the game and this has helped a lot.

Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:11 am

Nocifer Deathblade wrote:
Meet the Master Hacker of the Galaxy.. I just broke 1k successful hacks milestone! :)

Know what's funny? I never ever crit-fail on hack in my entire career.. Lucky?

Successful Hacks 862

Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:21 am
Profile YIM

If your hack is successful but the enemy has no research points, you get a blue badge, but it doesn't count in your successful hacks count.

Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:17 am

webguydan wrote:
An enemy will be notified only when you are successful. Yes, sometimes this will provoke them to go after you :)

I'm thinking of changing some of the Galaxy Leaderboard settings so that you can only target battle-related rankings. That way, if you live a quiet life you should be out of harms way (in general)

My way of thinking is that a Hack is a hostile act and one who hacks isn't living 'the quiet life'. My ship can be disabled and my cargo stolen but that will never cost me a planet. :mrgreen:

Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:51 am

Cornholio wrote:
just an idea, but a small exp amount from hacks

10 exp Critical Success: You will steal the location of a planet in the enemy ship's database
8 exp Success: You will steal some research points from the enemy ship
6 exp Unsuccessful: No research points awarded
4 exp Failure: Enemy ship will counter-hack and steal research from your ship
2 exp Critical Failure: Enemy ship will counter-hack and steal the location of one of your planets

lvling process is slow as heck when you hack , hehe

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!! Ranking is a BAD thing not a good thing, now if I could figure out some way of taking away xp... then you might on to something! Ranking means less time with good npcs/worse pvp targets. The only thing ranking gives you is extra planet slots, all other perks of ranking can be simulated by pullable artifacts .

Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:48 pm
Draxsiss, you do realize that that suggestion was posted over two years ago, right? It hasn't been implemented yet, so it probably never will. Also, back then, there was a very different outlook on the game. It was all about research, decks, and ranking up. Now, it's all about artifact, crew, slow ranking, and a small damage cap (for a PvP build).
The game has changed, this hasn't, and it never will, so you can set your concerns to rest. :D

Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next