View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Hacking 

Barracuda wrote:

1. More Research points hackable per time (assuming they have some remaining)
2. Much more powerful retaliation (if any). Prepare to be disabled :!:

Being disabled means absolutely nothing if nobody will raid you. Maybe I've built up enough crew from artifacts to deter it... I'm pretty sure nobody raids at all... so being disabled would mean a paltry amount of credits to repair hull, and damage to a combat title nobody will rightly see if you actually consider yourself a hacker.

Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:12 pm

SpoonyJank wrote:
Being disabled means absolutely nothing

Well, people do complain in-game (comms) when they get disabled by someone, not saying it's a big thing.

Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:23 pm

Yeah, I would consider hacking more consequential by itself, with just the research... Getting an occupied planet location from your opponent is basically 'mean' in a bucket waiting to happen.

Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:48 pm

SpoonyJank wrote:
Yeah, I would consider hacking more consequential by itself, with just the research... Getting an occupied planet location from your opponent is basically 'mean' in a bucket waiting to happen.

It's all but an opinion. Yeah, getting a planet location from your opponent, especially owned by the target is good. But then, how frequent are you going to hack a good planet out of your enemy?

It will take perseverance and tons of patience. Also, energy is lost and converted to research points instead of Experience, which may hinder your ranking up speed.
(may be negligible at first, but once you hack 100 times = 500 energy gone)

Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:02 pm

Well shucks, they should buff hacking... really though you shouldn't beg my ulterior motives out, thats mean. I usually have an excuse for hacking, like hey I'm under level <20 how else do I waste energy? or I captured research buildings I haven't researched yet, wtf? or "Maybe this works well together with energy research?"

Well I'm a bit too busy with the current mission to hack for the next two weeks, but I vow to find a better excuse than that last one. It's really not the coolest thing ever. Minding your own business and farming your sissy planets and doing energy research is probably the most efficient way to play. Disabling people is pretty pointless. I've definitely found human interaction in the game and there are some weird, almost unnoticeable benefits... not the humans, the hacking

Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:43 pm

Quote:
Hacking puts energy into research instead of experience. 100 hacks = 500 energy. This will affect your speed of levelling.

Well 500 energy is about 1 days production of energy, discounting relays. My first successful hacks today earned between 20 and 30 research. Had I used the energy on a mission I would have levelled and lost the energy unused.

Therefore it was a very profitable exchange for me.

Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:33 pm

"Success: You will steal some research points from the enemy ship"

Obviously you cannot hack more research than the enemy possesses, but are there any factors that increase the amount of research you attain relative to the total amount that is available for the taking ? For instance the higher my scanning power relative to the enemy cloaking power ? Will a successful hack get ALL the enemy's available research ? Thus far from my 3 successes the most I received is 100 points. For that amount of points it hardly seems worth the energy and then the 30 minute wait for another attempt.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:19 am

integrityseeks wrote:
"Success: You will steal some research points from the enemy ship"

Obviously you cannot hack more research than the enemy possesses, but are there any factors that increase the amount of research you attain relative to the total amount that is available for the taking ? For instance the higher my scanning power relative to the enemy cloaking power ? Will a successful hack get ALL the enemy's available research ? Thus far from my 3 successes the most I received is 100 points. For that amount of points it hardly seems worth the energy and then the 30 minute wait for another attempt.

I dont know about all of those things but I do know that hacking does not take all the available research

Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:40 am

Will a new cloaking device installed after a Quantum Firewall Trap was engaged be subject to the remainder of the Trap time ?

Last edited by integrityseeks on Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:16 am

integrityseeks wrote:
Is there any way to undo the effects of a Quantum Firewall Trap ?

You wait... and wait... and wait... that's the only solution I know of.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:18 am

Barracuda wrote:
integrityseeks wrote:

isnt it awesome? :mrgreen:

Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:43 am

Cothordin wrote:
Barracuda wrote:
integrityseeks wrote:

isnt it awesome? :mrgreen:

Unfortunately, yes, & shall be ditto for him if he takes advantage of it !

Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:49 am

integrityseeks wrote:

Add more scan to discourage such hack-back

Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:49 am

Barracuda wrote:
integrityseeks wrote:

Add more scan to discourage such hack-back

Thx, that may help.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:59 pm

webguydan wrote:
Curious about hacking?

Hacking allows your ship to steal research points from an enemy ship. In order to qualify, your ship must be sufficiently cloaked in order to avoid detection. The higher the rank of the enemy ship, the more research you can steal.

The greater your combined cloaking + scanning power, the greater the chance you will succeed with your hack. However, there is a chance of failure. See below:

Critical Success: You will steal the location of a planet in the enemy ship's database
Success: You will steal some research points from the enemy ship
Unsuccessful: No research points awarded
Failure: Enemy ship will counter-hack and steal research from your ship
Critical Failure: Enemy ship will counter-hack and steal the location of one of your planets

Just received a Hack Failure that I do NOT comprehend. I do NOT understand how the Enemy could conceivably have successfully Hacked me back since my 1 main jammer out-powered his 1 online scanner alone, not to mention my 2 secondary Zolazin Jammers that were both online. I have seen a similar issue when playing Castle Age. Could this be a FB security issue, or perhaps FB DEVs screwing players in the background just to get some egomaniac, degenerate, morbid, cheap kicks.

Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:37 pm

integrityseeks wrote:
Just received a Hack Failure that I do NOT comprehend. I do NOT understand how the Enemy could conceivably have successfully Hacked me back since my 1 main jammer out-powered his 1 online scanner alone, not to mention my 2 secondary Zolazin Jammers that were both online. I have seen a similar issue when playing Castle Age. Could this be a FB security issue, or perhaps FB DEVs screwing players in the background just to get some egomaniac, degenerate, morbid, cheap kicks.

The chances of hack success is capped at 95% I think and there will always be a small chance for the enemy to hack back even without any scan/cloak. If 100% success was implemented, then hacking would be risk free.

Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:08 pm

Barracuda wrote:
integrityseeks wrote:

The chances of hack success is capped at 95% I think and there will always be a small chance for the enemy to hack back even without any scan/cloak. If 100% success was implemented, then hacking would be risk free.

If the Enemy has the ability to successfully Hack back when my defense is far superior to the enemy offense, then IMHO the software LOGIC is inferior in nature at best, and requires revision !

Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:23 pm

Well if he has ANY cloak then it would be LOGICAL that he would have a small chance of hacking back.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9503 The 1.8 Adventure Update thread

Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:27 pm

integrityseeks wrote:
If the Enemy has the ability to successfully Hack back when my defense is far superior to the enemy offense, then IMHO the software LOGIC is inferior in nature at best, and requires revision !

Nothing is perfect.

Even planet invasions aren't 100% insured. I have failed invading a planet with absolutely no defense. Isn't this worse? A 24 hours before a second attempt

Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:44 am

some says the RNG goddess smiles upon you some days it does not, something you just got to deal with.

Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:40 am
Reply to topic   [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next