View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Hacking 

May I point out the problem with your accusation:

If they don't have any research in which to steal, it counts as a failure because you got no research out of it. Technically you succeeded at hacking a blank computer.

Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:10 pm

How does someone cheat??? i don't get it! is that really possible?

OFFICER:STORMKYN ALLIANCE

Current Rank: 800 +

Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:55 pm

I hacked a planet location but when I look for the planet by name I can't find it anywhere. What gives?? a glitch?

Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:05 am

change to enemy planets or recently scanned

Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:13 am

still not there. I copied down the name when i got the critical but it is nowhere. Recently scanned 0.

Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:19 am

had to log out and come back to find it. Thanks vladd.

Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:41 am

Dunadin wrote:
had to log out and come back to find it. Thanks vladd.

no problem you can also hold down the shift key on the keyboard and click the refresh button on browser instead of loggin all the way out

Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:37 am

Curious, I am not quite certain I understand the hacker perk of 30% more success chance. Is it a separate roll, does it increase scan and cloak for hacking purposes, does it effect criticals, etc etc. Any info would be appreciated

Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:28 am

All that we know for certian is that it increases the amount you recieve when you score a successful hack by 30%. Wether or not it increases your chance to get a crit hack is up in the air. It has nothing to do with scan or cloak, those are increases by the explorer and spy proffesions.

Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:12 am

I might be way off base, but I swear it is harder to hack Aerlen. Does their 30% def perk protect them from hacking as well? The amount of RP I get is significantly lower compared to other similar level players that I hack and sometimes I straight up fail a hack despite the fact I can see what mods they have equipped.

Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:46 am

Ok now I know it isnt my imagination about hacking Aerlen. His rank is 51 mine is 82. His scan is 80 and his cloak is definitely under 100. At the time of the hack my scan was 69 and my cloak 428 because I was in an attack set up. I had been hacking people around my level and higher for the last 2 hours without a fail. I understand that there are chances of failure no matter what but these rare occurrences happen almost allows when hacking Aerlen. Its either a fail or half the research points I would normally get.

Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:36 pm

Aerlene gets +30% to their defense so no hacking an Aerlene shouldn't be any harder than anyone else. If he's a HACKER though then yes he might be harder.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:25 am

Intuitively I would say that you are right. But I can't argue against my experiences with hacking them. I have 715 hacks so I would hope thats enough to know when things are weird. For instance, 30 seconds ago I hacked an Aerlen Excavator and crit failed it so now he knows one of my planets. First time ever crit failing.

I was hitting npcs so I didnt have my cloak and scans stats to which I normally have them so I realize i was running a risk. My cloak was at 388 and my scan was at 81. I could see his sensor mods which were two stryll hunt sensors, a sha'din supercomputer, and a AI supercomputer which puts his scan at 130. His hulls were cloaked so I am going to be generous and say his cloak is somewhere around 75-90.

So thats his hacking defense around 210 and my hacking attack at 469 plus 30% hacker perk. And I crit fail... against an Aerlen... whatever Im missing here please tell me.

PS, I was hacking the same guy as a legionmate and we were getting the same amount of Research points from him so I do not think the hack perk has to do with the amount of research I am getting from each hack.

"Hacker
30% extra hacking success chance" Shouldn't that mean that I have 30% less chance of failing a hack let alone a crit fail?

Heres hoping that the planet is one of my non-colonized barren planets and not one of my exotics.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:36 am

Quote:
"Hacker
30% extra hacking success chance" Shouldn't that mean that I have 30% less chance of failing a hack let alone a crit fail?

Yes you are correct it's a bonus to your chance to succeed not to the amount you get. Not sure If I Dan changed that or if I just remembered it wrong. It does increase your chance of getting a critical hack, but whether or not it decreases your chance of getting a crit fail is another matter. Sounds like your having a bad string of luck. Just keep in mind you always have a chance to fail and critically fail, however minute.

Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:53 am

gotta love being a hacker

Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:19 am

love it more because you get badges now :P

Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:24 am

So who is this Timinski Hama guy? Only thing I know is that he is an aerlen hacker and is CRUISING through the hacker leaderboard. He has gained over 700 hacks since the leaderboards went to fifty on jan 9th and now has the number four slot. Im wondering if he is a higher level player that gets a TON of manipulators or if he is in a legion that supports his hack habit with T.M.'s or if he is one of those people has a neurological condition which prevents him from sleeping. I slowed down after getting the 10th spot but man that guy is doing WORK!

Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:37 am

With the Null Fuze you can now ignore a certain amount of QFT, which makes hacking faster I would think.

Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:05 am

Nietszche wrote:
So who is this Timinski Hama guy? Only thing I know is that he is an aerlen hacker and is CRUISING through the hacker leaderboard. He has gained over 700 hacks since the leaderboards went to fifty on jan 9th and now has the number four slot. Im wondering if he is a higher level player that gets a TON of manipulators or if he is in a legion that supports his hack habit with T.M.'s or if he is one of those people has a neurological condition which prevents him from sleeping. I slowed down after getting the 10th spot but man that guy is doing WORK!

He isn't that high lvl of a player. It's easier for lower lvl players to get on the leaderboard due to the infrequency of traps. See vampiro.

Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:16 am

Yes, leaderboards for Kills, Hacks, and Raids have always favored the smaller ranks. At one point, I was climbing all 3, but went back to focusing on my main love.

Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next