View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Hacking 

the way i think it works, is like this:
There are 2 "rolls" for hacking - success and effect.

The success roll is Your Cloak VS their Scan. This determines who "wins" the hack.
The effect roll is Your scan VS their cloak (IE them hiding their data). A higher scan:cloak ratio will yield more RP, and will increase the crit % by a certain amount, up to X% (I'd guess somewhere between 1 and 5 %)

However, if you "lose" the success roll, they auto hack you back. This is now their cloak VS your scan to see if they succeed, and if they do, their scan VS your cloak for the effect roll.

Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:54 pm

This is very helpful thank you i'm still kinda new to the game and this has helped a lot.

Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:11 am

Nocifer Deathblade wrote:
Meet the Master Hacker of the Galaxy.. I just broke 1k successful hacks milestone! :)

Know what's funny? I never ever crit-fail on hack in my entire career.. Lucky?

Successful Hacks 862

Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:21 am
Profile YIM

If your hack is successful but the enemy has no research points, you get a blue badge, but it doesn't count in your successful hacks count.

Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:17 am

webguydan wrote:
An enemy will be notified only when you are successful. Yes, sometimes this will provoke them to go after you :)

I'm thinking of changing some of the Galaxy Leaderboard settings so that you can only target battle-related rankings. That way, if you live a quiet life you should be out of harms way (in general)

My way of thinking is that a Hack is a hostile act and one who hacks isn't living 'the quiet life'. My ship can be disabled and my cargo stolen but that will never cost me a planet. :mrgreen:

Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:51 am

Cornholio wrote:
just an idea, but a small exp amount from hacks

10 exp Critical Success: You will steal the location of a planet in the enemy ship's database
8 exp Success: You will steal some research points from the enemy ship
6 exp Unsuccessful: No research points awarded
4 exp Failure: Enemy ship will counter-hack and steal research from your ship
2 exp Critical Failure: Enemy ship will counter-hack and steal the location of one of your planets

lvling process is slow as heck when you hack , hehe

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!! Ranking is a BAD thing not a good thing, now if I could figure out some way of taking away xp... then you might on to something! Ranking means less time with good npcs/worse pvp targets. The only thing ranking gives you is extra planet slots, all other perks of ranking can be simulated by pullable artifacts .

Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:48 pm
Draxsiss, you do realize that that suggestion was posted over two years ago, right? It hasn't been implemented yet, so it probably never will. Also, back then, there was a very different outlook on the game. It was all about research, decks, and ranking up. Now, it's all about artifact, crew, slow ranking, and a small damage cap (for a PvP build).
The game has changed, this hasn't, and it never will, so you can set your concerns to rest. :D

Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:38 pm

draxsiss wrote:
Cornholio wrote:

10 exp Critical Success: You will steal the location of a planet in the enemy ship's database
2 exp Critical Failure: Enemy ship will counter-hack and steal the location of one of your planets

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!! Ranking is a BAD thing not a good thing, now if I could figure out some way of taking away xp... then you might on to something! Ranking means less time with good npcs/worse pvp targets. The only thing ranking gives you is extra planet slots, all other perks of ranking can be simulated by pullable artifacts .

Probably the worst idea I have ever heard...

Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:44 am
Namekian wrote:
draxsiss wrote:
Cornholio wrote:

Probably the worst idea I have ever heard...

Oh yeah, well, it's been over three and a half months since these were suggested, and it's not as if you haven't had your share of terrible suggestions. I'm not even sure which suggestion you're talking about there, but it doesn't matter. Neither one is a good idea, but they aren't just flat-out terrible either.

Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next