View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 "How to build a great SSB" 

"Agape here from GLN. I have recently reset to try and build a great SSB. However, I will need some help. What do you recommend I do to follow in the footsteps of the great SSB's before me? I'm in anomaly to get ahead in research right now. All help is appreciated, thanks."

Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:45 am

In my view the ultimate SSB would simply provide only enough Decks to install modules that provide percent boosts (Kalviums, Proteans, Anubix, Velox, Ciphers, etc.). All statistics, including the aforementioned Decks, would come from the patient acquisition of Artifacts, and all Rank Points would be spent upon either Tactical Officers or Engineeers only.

Last edited by Annabell on Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:04 am
Profile WWW

Annabell wrote:
In my view the ultimate SSB would simply provide only enough Decks to install modules that provide percent boosts (Kalviums, Proteans, Anubix, Velox, Ciphers, etc.). All statistics, including the aforementioned Decks, would come from the patient acquisition of Artifacts, and all Rank Points would be spent upon either Tactical Officers or Engineeers only.

Okay thankyou :D

Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:05 am

already a couple topics on this.

Crazor's "Reset Account - My new start":

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=29506&hilit=ssb

and eternalpaw's "How to properly build a SSB":

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=31450&start=0&hilit=ssb

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:06 am
Profile WWW

Agape wrote:
Annabell wrote:

Okay thankyou :D

You will have to be very patient, and it will take an awful long time, but you will be an absolute thorn in anyone's side once your production provides a steady stream of Bots, Brackets, Cells, Helmsmen, Prisoners, and Scientists each day.

Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:08 am
Profile WWW

sit in that research base for a month without levelling up, get ridiculously high things such as fermionics, +8/+19 structures, ct-lab, some high scanner and high weapons perhaps even up to nulls, or the one before them (forget the name). then swap over into an artifact base and slow rank, do big scan runs each time you can have a decent amount of scan more than last time.

ignore mk2 doms, just get mk1 and mk3, don't spend any reds on base hits, until you have all 4 mk3s, try to avoid missions after getting say.. omicron and harmonic sensor, until you have all dominions, cipherbots, proteans, and insane combat rep with some extra kills incase you get disabled a lot while npcing/missions later on, eg don't just stop at 321 kills ahead, as 1 death means your savage rep again, try to have atleast 350+ more kills than deaths, as to not lose rep.

combat rep in levels -120 is everything, you can have no modules equipped but a cipherbot, and people will stay away from you because your insane. at least until you get to rank 90-10 when everyone is insane rep and its just chaos.

Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:02 am
Profile WWW

If you dont mind being patient, then instead of a pure research base, find a lvl 6 hybrid that offers 70/30 res:arti or something in that range. That way you still are getting your research done in a fairly quickly manner, but also pulling in the occasional prisoner, bracket, helmsmen, scientist, bot. Haven't decided if I'll do it or not yet, but I developed a "game plan" for if I do decide to reset. Feel free to PM me and I'll share it. I'd love to see how you progress through this journey.

Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:10 am

The only help I can give you is to please learn to edit your videos better. And learn how to pronounce words, i know you're from 'Murica but come on.. Simple words dude.

Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:07 am

sclaaaaarb wrote:
The only help I can give you is to please learn to edit your videos better. And learn how to pronounce words, i know you're from 'Murica but come on.. Simple words dude.

i bet he could help your manners in return.

are you going to be a slow ranker, or more of an average pace?

what do you focus on?(pvp, npc, bases...)

ICBLF wrote:
to be honest, I was rooting for you even while eating KVTs

Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:13 am

Annabell wrote:
In my view the ultimate SSB would simply provide only enough Decks to install modules that provide percent boosts (Kalviums, Proteans, Anubix Velox, Ciphers, etc.). All statistics, including the aforementioned Decks, would come from the patient acquisition of Artifacts, and all Rank Points would be spent upon either Tactical Officers or Engineeers only.

0 deck...any way

Agreed, but with the addition of having enough decks to use all the scan items for runs. You also would require a substantial amount of credits switching which mods you have installed up until you are satisfied enough to have a single build for everything AND a lot of patience and will power to switch mods. It also requires you to be good at optimizing.

If you thought uninstalling relays and energy draining weapons every time you ranked was a pain...this is not a build you want to use.

Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:19 am

eternalpaw wrote:
If you dont mind being patient, then instead of a pure research base, find a lvl 6 hybrid that offers 70/30 res:arti or something in that range. That way you still are getting your research done in a fairly quickly manner, but also pulling in the occasional prisoner, bracket, helmsmen, scientist, bot. Haven't decided if I'll do it or not yet, but I developed a "game plan" for if I do decide to reset. Feel free to PM me and I'll share it. I'd love to see how you progress through this journey.

We are not a pure research base. We produce 40k research and 7.5k arti per day when at max. We aren't the 70/30 research/artifact base u advised him, but we do have some arti production. No Offence Intended.
(<^_^>)

Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:36 am

I feel uber noob for asking this :ugeek:
But does SSB mean maxing Tact officers (for high atk) and Engineers (for lotsa energy), and gaining as much Hull and Shields as possible (with brackets and charges) while staying as low on deck space (to keep damage cap down) as possible?
Cuz that seems like it would make for an ultimate ship build. High atk with a low damage cap while having maximum hp effectiveness, what would be the cons for making a ship like that?

Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:35 am

Aliste wrote:
I feel uber noob for asking this :ugeek:
But does SSB mean maxing Tact officers (for high atk) and Engineers (for lotsa energy), and gaining as much Hull and Shields as possible (with brackets and charges) while staying as low on deck space (to keep damage cap down) as possible?
Cuz that seems like it would make for an ultimate ship build. High atk with a low damage cap while having maximum hp effectiveness, what would be the cons for making a ship like that?

Very perfectly said. Yes.

Cons:

1. You'll need a lot of patience and think and plan well.
2. Since your decks are limited, your scanner(s) will be limited for a scan blitz. Actually, you'll better be using one best scanner taking all deck space plus the scan artis stacked up. Hence you may also be more dependent on others for your planets, initially especially.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:18 pm

Your attack is also lower than others who have room for cannons.
you also end up having to switch modules around fairly often.

ICBLF wrote:

Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:43 pm

KJReed wrote:

Most of your attack will come from TOs on an SSB.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:57 pm

Teleport wrote:
KJReed wrote:

So?
You still have less attack.
If I was a ssb right now I would lose 4k attack at least.

ICBLF wrote:

Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:54 pm

Mods have a higher atk:deck ratio, and higher def:deck ratio, and en:deck ratio, but decks increase DMG cap.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:24 pm

asdfgr wrote:
Mods have a higher atk:deck ratio, and higher def:deck ratio, and en:deck ratio, but decks increase DMG cap.

Without question. But being an SSB, you're really pressed for decks. Hulls come first. Then best case: all weapons. Still you'd be very dependent on TOs. Just the way it is, at least so in the beginning. In fact right at the beginning, the TOs will make the ship rather strong as compared to others similar rank. Some may find going MSB after rank 120 - 150 like bob a more flexible approach...

Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:55 pm

KJReed wrote:
Teleport wrote:
KJReed wrote:

So?
You still have less attack.
If I was a ssb right now I would lose 4k attack at least.

The premise is not how you will be if you're an SSB as compared to how you are now. The pros in particular being lower damage cap is the reason why one would go SSB. The thing is what to do if one chooses to go SSB and what factors come into play.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:00 pm

Protip: You're not even going to start installing weapons until at least rank 200 as an SSB, as 5x Perfect Fermionic Platings are 195 decks, and add on misc. mission/NPC hull modules, relays... probably closer to 300.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:14 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next