View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Raiding 

Raiding allows your ship to steal unspent mineral or artifact resources from an enemy ship. You cannot raid a ship unless it is first disabled. Successfully raiding higher ranked ships will yield better results.

Raiding is a crew to crew battle. Ship modules will have no effect when determining if a raid is successful. All crewmembers will be involved in a raid. This includes your (and your enemies) tactical officers, helmsmen, engineers, and even scientists!

Critical Success: You will steal a larger amount of resources
Success: You will steal a normal amount of resources
Failure: You will receive no resources
Critical Failure: One of your crewmembers will die during the raid

You will steal either artifact or mineral points at random. If the ship has no artifact points, you will instead steal mineral points, and vice versa.

Tips:

- Use Resource probe artifacts on enemies to help determine if the ship has resources worth raiding
- You can use other probe devices to roughly determine a ship's crew complement in certain areas

Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:43 pm

How do you start a raid?

Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:25 am

Raid is a button available when targeting an enemy ship. You will find it under the "Actions" tab.

A raid can only be attempted when the enemy ship is disabled.

Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:27 am

So, basicly, the more crew members, the better the chance to win a Raid?

Or does any crew members more valuable/important. ex Tactical officers vs helmsmen or scientists?

thank you

Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:45 am

Yes, more crew will result in a better chance of success with a raid. It doesn't matter which type of crewmember. They each perform equally in the task.

Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:07 am

So investing in scientists give best bang per ship point because of +3 crew from scientist category vs +2 crew for rest of the categories..

Mon May 03, 2010 5:50 am

Seems to be true if 1 scientist = 1 tactical = 1 helmsman in terms of raiding. But don't waste ALL your rank points on crew, you will regret later if you had like 500 scientist and nothing much of anything else as research can be harvested from planets.

Mon May 03, 2010 5:55 am

Nocifer Deathblade wrote:
So investing in scientists give best bang per ship point because of +3 crew from scientist category vs +2 crew for rest of the categories..

Fun image actually... Beware the mighty ship of geeks, they're coming for your erixion!

Tue May 04, 2010 12:28 am

erixion = vygoid for anal probe

Tue May 04, 2010 12:31 am

Yeah until this is changed I've pretty much stopped all Raiding attempts, which is a shame given that my sub-class is Raider. But, since every other low-ranked player shoved all their points into goddamned scientists, my battle-hardened helmsmen and Tactical Officers simply can't stand up against the massive horde of quantum mechanics-wielding future-nerds.

Tue May 04, 2010 12:50 am

from what i see raiding is only profitable at a really low level. it is FAR more costly to raid than the rewards. i have lost crew in attacks and each time im successful i never get enough to pay for my losses. so with the change to PvP it is somewhat profitable in XP to attack, but not worthwhile to raid after...

Tue May 04, 2010 1:22 am

Anyone else find raiding to be very difficult? I've tried maybe 20 times, and only had 6 successes, and lost at least 6 crew members. I don't have a small crew (approx. 360) and I critically lose to people many levels lower than me.

As a side note, if we can lose crew members, would be nice if there were ways to GAIN crew members also! It makes me cry thinking about all those wasted rank points... As it is now I can think of NO reason to raid, and don't plan to ever again... The reward just isn't worth the risk.

Tue May 04, 2010 4:17 pm

I agree. I stopped raiding immediately after losing total 3 crewmembers (tacticals) and realized that the loss is PERMANENT.. I retorted to hacking only because of higher success rate and the loss of crew member is not possible.. Loss of crew member sure bites very hard..

Tue May 04, 2010 5:43 pm

with high risk should be even higher rewards. there is no way that a crew member is worth only 13-50 dynite or even 10 Chrisium etc etc.

Tue May 04, 2010 10:37 pm

It got me some thinking..

I actually like the current set-up with risk of crew loss as deterrant to raiders who raid me. I don't see much of raiding to my ship thanks to the built-in fear
of losing their crew.. At least, if they raid me, I never lose my crew.. That's good thing..

Also, risk of possible 1 crew loss for possible awesome artifact as a reward might be worth the price..

I think I like this as-is.. I understand that common success would result in only minerals but you got to remember that low level players only carry very common minerals but as we go up in levels, we would start to witness some potential higher priced minerals being stolen because those players would tend to save rare ones for missions only to see them stolen..

I like the idea. :) I'm sure high level players have higher chance of holding artifacts in their cargo than low level players so the raiding becomes more attractive at higher level area..

Fri May 07, 2010 2:20 pm

I'm still not raiding, even for Kurenites ... 1 crew member is worth just too much IMO.

Fri May 07, 2010 3:53 pm

I actually like the current set-up with risk of crew loss as deterrant to raiders who raid me. I don't see much of raiding to my ship thanks to the built-in fear
of losing their crew.. At least, if they raid me, I never lose my crew.. That's good thing..

Also, risk of possible 1 crew loss for possible awesome artifact as a reward might be worth the price..

I think I like this as-is.. I understand that common success would result in only minerals but you got to remember that low level players only carry very common minerals but as we go up in levels, we would start to witness some potential higher priced minerals being stolen because those players would tend to save rare ones for missions only to see them stolen..

I like the idea. :) I'm sure high level players have higher chance of holding artifacts in their cargo than low level players so the raiding becomes more attractive at higher level area..

I could be wrong but I'm going to guess that you haven't raided much. (Or maybe you have, and have been lucky!) Once you've lost a few crew members and gained nothing more than a handful of resources, you might not have the same opinion. The idea of raiding is great, but right now the risk is too high. When you lose crew you don't get them back, and it happens all to easily.

Fri May 07, 2010 10:15 pm

Headless wrote:

I could be wrong but I'm going to guess that you haven't raided much. (Or maybe you have, and have been lucky!) Once you've lost a few crew members and gained nothing more than a handful of resources, you might not have the same opinion. The idea of raiding is great, but right now the risk is too high. When you lose crew you don't get them back, and it happens all to easily.

Yup losing a crew member is pretty much equal to losing a rank point. and there is no way id ever trade 17 dynite for a rank point.

Fri May 07, 2010 11:41 pm

i lost like 4 or more crew (all tactical officers). im not going to be raiding any time soon. this feature is nice, but it needs to be completely redesigned if it is going to be worthwhile to keep attempting. most players have 0 minerals on their ship. why not implement it somewhat like hacking. success = u steal a % of their minerals from their planet pool. critical success = u steal and artifact. failure = enemy counter raid (they steal some of your minerals), and critical fail = they steal your artifact. that would be fair and less permanent.

edit and add a neutral win state with the existing message that your raiders get repelled.

Sat May 08, 2010 1:18 am

Headless wrote:

I dunno. Someone stole my artifact: M.O.T.H.E.R. from raiding and I also stole one of his artifact via raiding. I lost just 1 crewman. Trick is to get crew strong before raiding.. Too many players invested lot of points into deck sizes and neglect crew size so whenever they tried to raid, they lose them. Wrong tactic.. Best way is to pump up lot of crew size BEFORE you consider serious raid for juicy artifacts. That alone would be a good trade off for possible loss of crewmen but the chance of losing a crew is low if you are good at raiding. /shrug..

Mon May 10, 2010 5:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 109 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next