View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Raiding 

I've a question - if you successfully steal an artifact, does it steal the entire stack, or just one set from it?

Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:08 pm

You steal it as a stack yes, but you can also steal nonstacked ones as well if there are some that are nonstacked.

Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:29 pm

[quote="hunter"from what i see raiding is only profitable at a really low level. it is FAR more costly to raid than the rewards. i have lost crew in attacks and each time im successful i never get enough to pay for my losses. so with the change to PvP it is somewhat profitable in XP to attack, but not worthwhile to raid after...[/quote]
well yeah, but if you first use a cargo probe and find a few dylisillon(?) or kurenite then it is alot better :twisted: :twisted:

Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:42 am

grougrouno 3 wrote:
well yeah, but if you first use a cargo probe and find a few dylisillon(?) or kurenite then it is alot better :twisted: :twisted:

tell me if stealing a few dylisillon ir really worth up to 30M in repair costs... when it does let me know.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:37 am

hunter wrote:
grougrouno 3 wrote:

tell me if stealing a few dylisillon ir really worth up to 30M in repair costs... when it does let me know.

as well as a few crew members

Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:50 am

here's a question to ponder. can artificats that can't be shared still be raided? as far as i'm concerned raiding is completely pointless, even if i was to steal 100 kurenite off the person it wouldn't be worth the risk of losing crew. to me it's just a way of getting revenge and can only be profitable in any way if i stole a valueble artificat.

Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:44 am

Smithe wrote:
here's a question to ponder. can artificats that can't be shared still be raided? as far as i'm concerned raiding is completely pointless, even if i was to steal 100 kurenite off the person it wouldn't be worth the risk of losing crew. to me it's just a way of getting revenge and can only be profitable in any way if i stole a valueble artificat.

anything worth a few crew members, cant be raided. In short if it cant be shared/give, it cant be raided.

Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:57 am

Heh. Under current raid system, it utterly sucks and useless.. I proposed several times in last 3 months that it needs to be changed to allow us to steal artifact points per non-crit raids.. It's better than minerals because players ALWAYS have artifact points banked so it'll be always there for us to steal but the catch is that we MUST disable them in order to steal artifact points.. I am #1 raider in galaxy and I find hacking much more rewarding.. I only raided simply cuz I had firewall from hacking..

Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:11 pm

What a shock...another rule change to benefit you personally....I see...Lets not make the game better....lets make it so you can be even a bigger PITA....It's been 5 minuets where is your castle age or GL brag?...I need a good laugh today :lol:

That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!

Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:33 pm

jcwiggens wrote:
What a shock...another rule change to benefit you personally....I see...Lets not make the game better....lets make it so you can be even a bigger PITA....It's been 5 minuets where is your castle age or GL brag?...I need a good laugh today :lol:

Eh? It's nothing to do with me. I merely point out that I am #1 raider to show that I have lot of experience in raiding and hacking so I can present some ideas how to improve it. It's well known fact that raiding sucks big time as evidenced in leaderboard of raid vs hacking. I heard complaints of lot of players how useless raid is so I made some proposed idea changes to make raiding interesting on equal footing as hacking.. Heck, I retire from PVP mostly lately so I didn't raid much so far in last 3 weeks. Yet, I do care about how to improve raid system so everyone else can have fun and I hope to see new raid system that could help us including me to raid NPCs that makes the game more interesting.. It's nothing wrong with improving anything..

If you don't like my raid idea, that's no problem at all. I would appreciate if you could present viable, constructive raid idea that could be better than my raid idea and I'll be happy to agree or disagree with counter or supporting raid ideas rather than mock the idea without any constructive ideas to back up. Do you have any? If so, please do so and we can appreciate your raid improvement that is anything better than current, useless raid system right now.. In fact, Dan is already designing raid system that will be released very soon that will make this raid system obsolete..

Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:16 pm

Man thats the nicest reply ive seen, I will think about it because i agree with you raiding is mostly a waste, especially since a player has to be disabled. I think that turning raiding into a variation of hacking. As much as hate to admit it upon reflection its a damm good idea. The raiding of a few erixison is a total waste. By the same token, a critical hit that gives you spy probe is just as bad. The amount that can be raided should be less then can be gotten from research but fundamentally its a sound idea.

Damm, sometimes the truth can be a pain in the butt.

That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!

Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:34 pm

Salute and thanks for posting!

Exactly how these boards should be used, and the type of restraint and respect shown to each other debating such a polarized topic! Please continue all opinion-holders.

The needs of the top gamers in these worthy Leaderboard categories should be taken as calls for long-term viability to the game and not always such justified posturing.

I regret every decision which led to a crewmember loss.

Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:12 am

i agree, raiding will continue to suck until it is like hacking. either you need to steal mineral points (which scale up to your level of production and scaled in a similar way based on the targets level) for a standard raid success, then stealing twice as many artifact points on a critical.

Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:27 am

So is it confirmed that you cannot score a terraformer or energy cube from raiding?

Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:28 pm

paulfrick wrote:
So is it confirmed that you cannot score a terraformer or energy cube from raiding?

Nope. I raided a lot and I haven't gotten any remotely good artifacts at all. I never gotten terraformers or energy cube as well.

Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:32 pm

bummer.
every time I raid I was hoping for those goodies... :?

Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:26 am

http://galaxylegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2312

Quote:
Raider - 30% extra raiding success chance strength

Does that mean more points or fewer failures or more critical success or what? I was contemplating a race/class change with the new raiding update, but I am already getting 340 AP/hr from the excavator bonus without spending energy. Could the size of the raid be based on how many resources you have saved up, since that is constricted by level anyways? I just think it would be nice to find someone that pays out more than usual for a raid since the profession still might not measure up for me, and it takes energy anyways. Just the possibility of "the mother lode" target seems appealing... with 40k+ AP saved up. It probably wouldn't be detrimental to them if they were on vacation with the limits in place. It is just sort of hard to feel like I am winning anything still, especially without even the possibility of what I might consider a decent return.

It is still vastly superior to the old system though.

Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:07 pm

Heh. Looks like my requests for raid system change went through. We now raid for artifact points. ;) Crit-raid is still weak however cuz it's not equivalent to crit-hack that reveals planets.. Crit-raid needs to be more attractive and more rewarding than just 2x artifact points.. Maybe throw in artifact+2x artifact points?

Someone just told me that he was able to create his alt account so he can just raid, disable and hack his alt account. OMG! That's the cheat way to do it.. Before legion system got implemented, he cannot do that kind of thing cuz everybody in the friend list is not attackable.. Now, it does.. That only encourages more players to create alt accounts to exploit.

I suggest that Dan must disable friend feature (too much exploitation) OR make friends outside legion in the list unable to be disabled, raided and hacked to prevent that kind of exploitation.. Thanks..

Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:03 pm

That would be really stupid. It would need to be a really high level for the energy to not seem wasteful. If you already had a alt that was a high level, you'd probably want to 1-hit it over and over for some 10x xp ratio.

Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:27 pm

SpoonyJank wrote:
That would be really stupid. It would need to be a really high level for the energy to not seem wasteful. If you already had a alt that was a high level, you'd probably want to 1-hit it over and over for some 10x xp ratio.

I already saw the problem coming up. I already saw several players already zooming up in the leaderboard more than normal means. It is obvious that some of them are using friends as targets just to inflate their stats. What stops them from creating several alt accounts and empty out all restrictions per day just to be #1? That will make leaderboard worthless full of cheaters who exploited.. Dan needs to put a stop on that ASAP..

Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next