View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Cloak on a massive X17 planet? 

How much cloak would you put on a massive X17 arti planet when say... you have 3k passive cloak. And usually how much production would you expect from it after adding the x amount of cloak?

Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:21 am

Why not make it a 20x MR arti planet? Couple of crystals'll fix that right up.

I generally aim for 20k cloak to have a reasonably safely hidden planet, or 40k cloak if I want it invisible.

As I get passive cloak up to the 7500 range I pull off the % cloak arties as I can for other planets in the process of having their passive cloak added. I also recommend if you are using researched cloak modules that you upgrade them so they provide a lot more cloak for their space.

Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:54 pm

depends on what artifacts you put on it and how mutch cloak you want on the planet

but you can easily get 1000 to 1500 ap's pr hour from a Very Massive Artifact: 20x Mega Rich wituout using rare artifacts, other then cloak % structures to put it at 30K+ cloak

remove 6 spaces and 3 richness, and you are proberly looking at 800 to 1200 AP's pr hour if you cloak it
more if you put rare structures on it or doesnt cloak it.
but you should realy save those rare artifacts for your Mega Colossal/Colossal Artifact: 22x Mega Rich+ planets

Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:46 pm

so, and everyone is diff..i cloak EVERY 15x or better arti world.

My base minimum is 20k...i aim for 25k...some have more

in 6 years i have never lost a single 20k+ cloaked planet....asking around you will likely get similar info.

I know people who cloak to 30k or more..pointless from my own experience...

Do what makes you feel safe....

prod wise...massive isn't world's best size for reaping prod while staying hidden..that said, at least 1000 or more ..depend what you put on it..how much passive, which % cloak items. etc

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:30 am

depends on how safe you want to be

I have found quite a few planets in the 15K to 20K cloak range like this one

think my bedst so far is a planet with around 23K cloak (but owner of that one might have been inactive)

but finds like that are extreamly rare
first you need to find the planet and theire are proberly less then 50K planets with 20K+ cloak out of 8,818,708 planets
and if you are luckily enougth to find it in the first place you also need to beat the scan vs planet cloak chance

in most cases 25K+ cloak is proberly enougth to keep your planets 99.9% safe from beeing scaned
but the thing to remember is, that Dan is always uypgrading max scan a bit every time we get a new mission chain / season by giving us new modules like the Jam Attenuator (Scan +330 onvce fully upgraded) or new versions of old season modules Scruuge Greedcharged Hypernode (+190 scan) vs Scruuge Megacharged Hypernode (+140 scan)

so it never hurts to have a bit more then you need, so you are ready for the next scan upgrade

Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:52 am

Just a generalized statement, but I try to squeeze at least 1k out of all my 20x planets. Limited arties are reserved for VM+ planets. % cloak that have arti production are majority used on VM+ planets. M planets will have an occasional Ergo or Mega-tuned if necessary to get ~20k cloak. Unless I've stolen them, VL- planets will only go as high as the current tributes allow and are set at pure production. I don't even bother wasting passive cloak on them.

So to answer the OP's question....a reasonable goal to aim for would be 1k aph and 20k cloak

Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:15 pm

i do 20x arti planets with 1300 to 2300 production depends on what artifacts i have on hand to slam onto the planet 1300 are basics the higher the production i get means i had extra stuff to place onto them.

i do no less then 35k to 40k cloak with a 5k passive cloak.

i will not push very large or smaller planets to 20x they stay at 15x with pure production. any planet that is massive or greater go's up to 20x and gets cloaked. i do it this way so when probing planets you can start at the 15x and work the way down on probing to see if any scanners have found them

Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:40 pm

3 basic cloak mods i use ergo, meta and polar these 3 with 5k passive should give you enough cloak to protect the planet now with corruption cloaker add that to the mix at a nice slow rate and you got even more protection not having to check on the planets for atleast 2 to 5 years at the rate of scan is movingand these cloakers are easy to find every scan run should find you atleast 1 ergo sometime more

Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:42 pm

DarkMar wrote:

Chakotaystorm no longer plays, so that planet effectively has 0 cloak.

Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:31 pm

ActualFate wrote:
Chakotaystorm no longer plays,

I know, and the planet also have Protection Invincible from 4 Morphogenic Inhibitor
but if I remember corectly I scaned it while he was still active but out of legion = 15K cloak

also purged a x17 Plasma planet with 16K cloak, a few hours ago as all theire was on it was Inverse-Flux Satellites + Polaron Emitter
active owner, and If I remember corectly I scaned that one 8 to 10 weeks ago while I was Litheor, Explorer = close to 30K scan

Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:37 pm

ActualFate wrote:
DarkMar wrote:

Chakotaystorm no longer plays, so that planet effectively has 0 cloak.

i think the 15k cloak is still applied when scanning, iirc only buildable cloak gets destroyed when going inactive but the rest remains intact

and he might no longer play but the planet is still a great example of what you can do to cloak a planet to not be found (with legion bonus OFC)

Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:50 am
Profile WWW

I now cloak to 16K or slightly better. Have not lost a single planet cloaked 12k or better.

In 760k scans i have also never found a single planet cloaked over 12K active cloak.

Scan and cloak is the most misunderstood aspect of this game. I use personal experience over hoopla.

Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:56 am

i think funk is right...our own experience and that of the big time scanners should give insight into how silly it is to super cloak planets...i've known many people who have hundreds of thousands of scans and similar stories...while i'm no where near that amount, my experiences are exactly the same...10k cloak yes...inactive yes...active and worth a damn on cloak..not a one found

i'm still a little hesistant to drop too much cloak, but as spoken by some, 20k seems pretty safe unless you're just plain super unlucky

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:01 pm

personaly I go for 30K+ cloak, like on this one

basickly just

Passive Ability - Cloak 4435
+
Ergosphere Filter (size 1, Cloak: 150, Cloak: 20%)
Meta-Tuned Jammer (size 1,Research: 2, Cloak: 25%)
Polaron Emitter (size 1, Research: 1, Cloak: 100, Cloak: 15%)
Ryelis Analyzer (size 1, Research: 2, Artifact: 2, Cloak: 5%) -(mostly for the size 1, artifact 2, but the cloak% bonus is also nice)
+
Isolation Bureau (size 2, Mining: 2, Research: 2, Artifact: 2, Cloak: 400)
Adumbrate Station (size 1, Research: 2, Artifact: 2, Cloak: 400)
Adumbrate Station ( size 1, Research: 1, Artifact: 1, Cloak: 200) - proberly the next one I upgrade
Silthion T-Plasma Vesicle (size 1, Research: 3, Artifact: 1, Cloak: 300)
Shrine of B'elna (size 1, Artifact: 1, Cloak: 300, Bonus Artifact: 2%)
Scruuge Calibration Chamber (size 1, Mining: 1, Artifact: 1, Cloak: 400)
2 * Litheor Deep-Phase Probe (size 1, Mining: 2, Research: 2, Artifact: 2, Population: 900, Cloak: 150)
2 * Quantum Accelerator (100% Upgrade) ( size 2, Artifact: 4, Cloak: 300)
2 * Klorvis Shroud Generator (size 1, Research: 1, Cloak: 200)
2 * Sha'jha Uplink (size 1, Research: 2, Cloak: 120)

I might replace the Klorvis Shroud Generators and Sha'jha Uplinks with a Nexus Spy Fortress (size 2, Research: 8, Cloak: 600) - if I find some more artifacts I can put on the planet to increase production
and the Ergosphere Filter will proberly also be replaced by a Corrupted Edifice (size 1, Artifact: 1, Artifact Storage: 2000, Cloak: 20%) soner or later

and ofcourse, once I get it to Passive Ability - Cloak 7500'ish I can proberly lift the Meta-Tuned Jammer and still have 30K+ cloak on planet

but every structure I used to cloak it, exept the Ergosphere Filter adds production, and most of them even artifact production

Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:04 pm

I have MC 22s cloaked to 17k and do not think twice about them.

Have not ever lost one either.

If i lose one, then i will be swayed.

Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:47 pm

and they should be 99,999% safe with 17K cloak
think it happens maby once pr 2000+ planets i scan that I find one in the 15K to 20K range
it's a 1 in 8.818.000'ish chance that your planet is the one I try to lock when I scan one

so the chance of having it criticaly hacked from your database is proberly a lot higher then the chance of having someone scan it

as I said, last one I found while running 30K'ish scan was a x17 recearch plasma with 16K'ish cloak
so might also be able to pick up one with 17K cloak - if I can find it among the 8 mil planets in the galaxy

I plane to do a few scan runs during q-peed season, so if I find any with 15K+ cloak during those runs I'll post them here.
but down to 24K'ish scan atm as Zolazin Hacker, and that might limit what I can find.

Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:36 pm

You are saying that planet was owned by an active player?

Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:09 pm

as far as I know, yes active owner on the x17 plasma with 16K'ish cloak

I didnt check it with a Spy Probe - Governance, as it was only a recearch planet.
but the owner was still a member of Imminent Cataclysm (as far as I remember)
and they usealy kick players who go inactive.

but I could be wrong about the legion, was paying more atention to what artifact was on the planet then who owned it
know the player was a member of a top 20 legion starting with I, so might have been Insane Brigade or Imminent Darkness instead.

Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:24 am

It's possible but scanning at over 26K scan for the better part of 300k Scans i would think if thats how scan worked, id find more , some active planets with higher cloak. I dont care if someone can scan to 30k, apparently it isnt a factor. Just personal observation.

Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:42 am

I settle for nothing less than 30k on something m 15x plus. Sure, your probably safe at 20k, very probably at 25k, but why leave to chance the loss of the progress made. Permacloaking cements your production gains, thats my way of looking at it. I'd target above the wikis max random scan for litheor explorers as the golden cloak amount. maybe add 4% or so to combat legion bonus swings.

Stark Tech Inside

Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next