View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Joseph4's Ship Records 
Please tell me what I need to work on and the tech I should have to PvP effectively at my rank.

Modules installed:
Weapons: Heavy Antiproton Cannon x8, Dominion Cannon - Mark III, Vortul Blast Phaser x4, Psionic Amplifier, Lazuli Mind Controller x2, Prototype Mech XV, Combat Analyzer

Energy: Dark Energy Core - Mark IV x3, Surge Plexus x3, Q-Pedd Ansible x2, Genetarr Transmitter - Mark II x4, Drannik Power Core x4, Isomorphic Repeater x4, F.A.T.H.E.R. x2, Silthion T-Plasma Hub, Omicron Injector, Chron-Transistor

Sensors: Sha'din AI Core x4, AI Supercomputer, Tachyon Router

Hull: Deep Core Neutronium Armor x5, Vortul Plating x2, Protean Armory x3

Shields: Harmonic Resonator, Q-Phase Battery Array

Cloaking: Subspace Jammer, CipherBot, Gamma Channeler

Defenses: Energy Nullifier - Mark III x4, Dark Complex Thruster x2, Dark Ring Thruster x2, Trinity-Core Drive x2, Thrust Stabilizer, Subspace Compressor

If there is anything else I need to add, please tell me.

NOTE: Shown energy is regular energy with relays on. My max energy is currently 2330.

Thanks!

Last edited by Joseph4 on Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:04 am, edited 4 times in total.

Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:33 pm
You know what, anyone can give me advice on my ship now. I thought I would get at least one person in on this, but I guess not. :cry:
:-P

Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:53 pm

My best advice is to make the last picture much smaller.

Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:54 pm
lol yeah, I was just messing around with that one. I zoomed in quite a bit.... lol I'll change it.

Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:55 pm

Artifact production looks good (as do most things)

Maybe a bit more hull?

Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:07 pm
chiaroscuro wrote:
Artifact production looks good (as do most things)

Maybe a bit more hull?

Working on it, as well as shields, attack, energy, and researching defense. At what point should I stop researching hull for my rank?
Speaking of defense, as of now, it is (still unbuffed) 3328. I how have 4x Trans-Temporal Nacelle - Mark III.

Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:21 pm

I must say, looking at your ship scared me a little bit... Because this looks IDENTICAL to my ship at that almost exact rank. Though, you do have a higher Artifact production but not by that much. Probably a Dyson away from mine. Like the last guy said though, hull would be good. Though, I am only about 200 ahead of you

All in all, for the sake of my ship not feeling left out, yours is awesome!

Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:21 pm
LaTempesta wrote:
I must say, looking at your ship scared me a little bit... Because this looks IDENTICAL to my ship at that almost exact rank. Though, you do have a higher Artifact production but not by that much. Probably a Dyson away from mine. Like the last guy said though, hull would be good. Though, I am only about 200 ahead of you

All in all, for the sake of my ship not feeling left out, yours is awesome!

Thanks! I do not have my Dyson yet, but I do have my Exotic.

Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:39 pm

you have almost as much energy as I do and your half my rank, not sure if I should feel happy or sad about that :?:

Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:40 pm
elerian wrote:
you have almost as much energy as I do and your half my rank, not sure if I should feel happy or sad about that :?:

You're a PvPer, how are my stats for my level?
Also, I think that you might want to work on energy if that's the case, because I have seen a whole bunch of high rankers say that they wish they had been in position to autorank sooner.
EDIT: Oh, and do I still have more credits than you? :P

Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:43 pm

Joseph4 wrote:
elerian wrote:

You're a PvPer, how are my stats for my level?
Also, I think that you might want to work on energy if that's the case, because I have seen a whole bunch of high rankers say that they wish they had been in position to autorank sooner.
EDIT: Oh, and do I still have more credits than you? :P

stats : your attack is higher than mine was at your level, I only had about 2.5k, defense though was roughly 5k >> I've always been a big defense person
energy : doesnt really bother me to much, I like slow ranking, and autoranking off of NPC's isnt really all that appealing to me, this will let me enjoy the game longer, and I wont have to worry about not having any content to do at higher levels, cause I aint done much of it as is :D, only missions I plan to have done by rank 1k are the race ones, the bug ones (cant remember what they're called) and the dark smuggler #$&*$# canoe that still evades me :evil:

money : yep still got more then me though I did just drop 220 billion in our legion base sot that may have something to do with it, also my ship is still gutted so I'm making close to 30 billion a day ;) I'll catch up

Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:53 pm

Hey Joseph, I haven't nibbled on your ship for a while so it's good to see your progress.
I keep ranking a bit fast and don't really like disabling people who are nice more often than I have to :)

Good energy levels, but unless you're filling up your reactors before you log on, I'd probably offline them in favor of extra defenses and only pull the reactors online for ranking.
By itself, that would make your ship a whole lot tougher to disable, especially as your research improves in that area.
And, of course, higher defense also helps when you're attacking other people.

Looking good with your arti production, but I'd think about getting some VL Toxics if you can down the track.
Upkeep will be a bummer as you get better defenses, hull and weapons online.
Even with a good credit balance now, that can quickly be eaten away with just a couple of invasions, +12s and obviation barriers.

+ 1 for all the suggestions about hull, I'd research as high up that tree as you can afford to equip. Perfect Fermionics would be my suggested next step for you.
For defenses, I'd aim for Exergonic Inverters and heavy nulls for weapons as soon as you can.

Also, the Velox Thrusters are awesome, and well worth saving your helmsmen for.

As always, good luck and happy flying :)

Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:16 pm
Deigobene wrote:
Hey Joseph, I haven't nibbled on your ship for a while so it's good to see your progress.
I keep ranking a bit fast and don't really like disabling people who are nice more often than I have to :)

Good energy levels, but unless you're filling up your reactors before you log on, I'd probably offline them in favor of extra defenses and only pull the reactors online for ranking.
By itself, that would make your ship a whole lot tougher to disable, especially as your research improves in that area.
And, of course, higher defense also helps when you're attacking other people.

Looking good with your arti production, but I'd think about getting some VL Toxics if you can down the track.
Upkeep will be a bummer as you get better defenses, hull and weapons online.
Even with a good credit balance now, that can quickly be eaten away with just a couple of invasions, +12s and obviation barriers.

+ 1 for all the suggestions about hull, I'd research as high up that tree as you can afford to equip. Perfect Fermionics would be my suggested next step for you.
For defenses, I'd aim for Exergonic Inverters and heavy nulls for weapons as soon as you can.

Also, the Velox Thrusters are awesome, and well worth saving your helmsmen for.

As always, good luck and happy flying :)

Eh, feel free. But if you do, please tell me how hard it was. Also, I have been hiding out disabled for a while now (freeze ranking), so you probably would not have seen much of me anyways.
Oh man, I know all about +12s. It SUCKED putting those things on. I am still somewhat hurting on credits from them, but more from the stuff I sold.

Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:45 pm

Joseph4 wrote:
Eh, feel free. But if you do, please tell me how hard it was.

lol - will do mate, but at the rate I'm ranking while I look for the elusive Caelon, you'll probably be out of my badging range very soon anyway :)

Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:49 pm

Joseph4 wrote:
Please tell me what I need to work on and the tech I should have to PvP effectively at my rank.
My previous thread about my ship can be found here, if you are interested.

depends on what you mean by pvp. since you have DomIIIs and proteans but no decryptions ... i will assume you mean pvp kills to get your auto.blaster upgrades.

crew-wise, i would hold off on adding any more engineers until you have t.o.'s to match. i just crossed 2100 crew members of each type today (rank 253).

as for modules:
Quote:
Modules installed:
Weapons: Heavy Antiproton Cannon x8, Dominion Cannon - Mark III, Vortul Blast Phaser x4, Psionic Amplifier, Lazuli Mind Controller x2, Prototype Mech XV, Combat Analyzer

looks okay, but i would take off the psionic unless actually attempting an invasion. that will give you room for a 3d Lazuli Mind Controller. oh, and i just noticed ... only a single DomIII ? those should go on before anything else once you get the set.

Quote:
Energy: Dark Energy Core - Mark IV x3, Surge Plexus x3, Q-Pedd Ansible x2, Genetarr Transmitter - Mark II x4, Drannik Power Core x4, Isomorphic Repeater x4, F.A.T.H.E.R. x2, Silthion T-Plasma Hub, Omicron Injector, Chron-Transistor

if you need this much energy to pvp ... you are doing something wrong. the only time i put on any type of cores is just before i rank up and sometimes even then i don't bother if i am trying to freeze.rank.

Quote:
Sensors: Sha'din AI Core x4, AI Supercomputer, Tachyon Router

running a scan of 391 ? you might get a couple targets who are trying to hide their weak ship with massive cloak, but you are also making it easier for higher ranks running even higher scan to find you to disable you. i usually run between 51 and 86 scan ... the lower scan still allows for t.o. troop carriers in the NPC slots while excluding alot of the 'chaff' that runs with 0 scan ... these are either monster ships or total pushovers, depending on the day and the RNG, but 51 scan is my general go-to. when i get tired of seeing the same bt targets (or they get tired of me raiding / hacking) i switch up to the 86 scan level to get a bit of variety. and yes, laughable ships in small legions get targeted for 'special' attention.

Quote:
Hull: Deep Core Neutronium Armor x5, Vortul Plating x2, Protean Armory x3

max out your hull research as fast as you can now that you have +12s. i have syncos researched but am holding off on upgrading until my mining can keep up.

Quote:

real pvp'ers know not to rely on shields

Quote:
Cloaking: Subspace Jammer, CipherBot, Gamma Channeler

not sure why you would want to cloak up ... would be better to get lost in the much bigger pool of those with lower cloak. anyone who can scan you with this much cloak on, will easily sink you.

Quote:
Defenses: Energy Nullifier - Mark III x4, Dark Complex Thruster x2, Dark Ring Thruster x2, Trinity-Core Drive x2, Thrust Stabilizer, Subspace Compressor

and this is probably the area that i would most disagree with ... i rely on helmsmen for my defense and have ZERO researched defense mods on. however, while you would save a ton of space by taking these modules off, i am at a bit of a loss as to what to swap in instead. as a ssb, minimizing decks and maximizing hull is king for me, but you have already built the decks and can not go back.

so, what i would say is that if you are online, swap all the defense stuff for shields. when you are offline, switch out the shields for defense.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:44 am
Profile WWW

senatorhung wrote:
Quote:

Am I missing something or aren't these both mission tier rewards that take up no space and can't be removed anyway?

Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:02 am

Deigobene wrote:
senatorhung wrote:
Quote:

Am I missing something or aren't these both mission tier rewards that take up no space and can't be removed anyway?

that's why there was no further comment on the section ... can not be improved ;)

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:49 am
Profile WWW
So, here is my ship approximately a month later. As usual, please tell me what I need to improve. I will be freezing at 229 for a while (hoping to autorank Talth without a Neural or RSL) so I'll be there for a while.

I am 1/3 on Force Obviation Fields, Exergonic Inversion, and Sub-Quantum Logistics. I am working on Wormhole Channeling right now.

While I will not be disabling until I finish the Taltherian chain, I would still like to know what I should do to improve and how I should prepare. For example, should I go ahead and research things like Continuum Analyzers that will make going through the missions easier, or should I research bigger guns so that I am more prepared for higher-level PvP?

Thank you for your time. :D

Mon May 27, 2013 5:16 pm

At this rate, it will take you years to autorank the entire Taltherian Chain.
If you intend to autorank through the whole chain, you will need a whole lot more artifacts/hr.
Get to 20k+ AP/hr before you even consider freezing, you are wasting time and holding back your own growth otherwise.
Alternatives to consider:
1) Spend some time NPCing and building engineers. Get to a comfortable ratio where you can autorank, and get a few clicks of a mission in each rank.
2) Slowly chip away at the Taltherian Chain, the effects on your ship will be less drastic. It'll get you there eventually.

*Get Continuum Analyzers, prepare a scan-run and get that AP up.
*Get Syncopated Platings next, you should have them already.
*Guns can come right after, up to Thetacrons. Forget Quasis (would not be a bad idea getting the first tier done).
*Lastly, finish up the defense tree. After that, what you research matters very little (would suggest cloaking, however).

Minerals are too low. You'll be running into cash problems very soon. Raise AP, and you will get to wherever you wish.

Mon May 27, 2013 10:26 pm
Sorry for the filler post, it is merely so that you can see my ship stats and stuff on the second page instead of having to go back.

Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next