View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Moon's Ship Log UPDATED RANK 493 

Yeah sorry about that.

Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:58 am

xmoonxlitxwalkx wrote:
Lol its driving me crazy so I have to say it..... Not he, I'm a she :P

Anyway I want to finish my red badges, and yellow badges, before I get the platings. I've decided that much. Its pretty easy to find 3-4 hit kills, so I'm taking advantage of that one now. The Kalvium Platings will come soon enough though.

yea...
yea...
it will rank you soooo much and make you sad

Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:30 am

Lookin' good Moon, keep it up!

Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:22 pm

Rank 106:

AND NOWWWWW (sorry I'm excited):

Well I'm finally at 1000 kills, thank you poochie.

Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:31 pm

I remember this Pookie person. I used to zero him/her daily for having an easy to kill balloon ship.

Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:11 pm

Rank 151 Ship Progress:

ImageImage

What I'm currently working on:
-Researching: +12s currently, though I'm going to need to get my research way up, as at the current rate it will take 25 days to finish D:
-Player kills: I'm about half way, though if I get 19 kills (fell behind a little bit) per rank I can still hit my goal of 2k player kills by rank 200!
-Attack Goal: I think I'm going to aim high and TRY to hit an attack of 10k by rank 200. With 10k attack with the Konqul bonus, when the Konqul bonus disappears, I will still have a formidable ship and can blast through a race chain without hurting my ship too much. To hit 10k its about 4000 more attack I need to add. The 4000 doesn't include the other two Heavy Null Rays I'm going to try and get on my ship. With 49 ranks to go, thats about 80 attack to add per rank. So 80 attack-10 attack from rank points, equals 70 T.Os I need to add, or about 12 Rescued Prisoners per rank! It will be slow but due to waiting for easy laughables on my BT, I think I can do it!
-Defense: Slowly building this up with Android Helmsmen, and concentrating more on ranking my bane to help with this. Don't really have a number to shoot for yet. <----Would love a recommendation on what to do to improve my defense, and how to go about doing so
-Hull: I'm getting close to reaching 9k hull, which makes me quite happy! I still need to get the last plating on, which will get me closer to 10k hull!
-Medal Points: 300. This is one I really want to start to work on more, I am currently working on the No Alert medal for 30 days, and am at 15/30. The raid medal is a work in progress as well. Trying to figure out what to do to get my medal points higher without ranking too much. I almost have enough yellows for 3 protean arsenal upgrades, so the sooner I can get to purchasing them, the better!

Those are my current goals, and my ship progress I've made since the last update. I really would love some input and advice! Say anything you wish, whether it be bad or good. I'm trying to make for a pretty strong ship, and advice helps me a lot!!!

Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:57 pm
"I'm trying to make for a pretty strong ship" is kind of an understatement.
I like your research goal, and maybe you could also go deeper into scanning.
On player kills, I think you can certainly do it.
Your attack goal is a lot to do.... You can do it, but it'll take a while. I see that your artifact is just above the threshold for prisoners.... If possible, get more artifact. I know it may seem silly to have it above 5k and run the risk of getting Continuum Beacons, but it does get you more of everything in the long run.
As for defense.... I don't know of any way to improve it other than being patient with your Android Helmsmen, which the above will help you with.
Your hull is pretty much awesome for your rank. Just keep pulling those Durtanium Brackets!
As for medals.... There are a couple of them that you can do along the same lines as the one you're doing right now.

Restraining Order
Go 30 days without hacking or raiding another enemy player's ship.

Deep Meditation
Go 30 days without leaving a legion, sending an alert on a planet, and/or sending an alert on an enemy player.

Those are a couple of the ones I would recommend.

Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:11 am

I would say you are about the perfect point to start saving up for velox thrusters if I am remembering the math right. I am drunk right now so please forgive me if I am wrong, but I do believe that the 100 android helmsman you would spend on your first velox would end up giving you roughly 345 defense as opposed to the 300 defense from just using the droids. Void Shells are fairly easy to get off a higher rank player... in fact if you Pmed me with your FB link I would give the void shells to you for free as you required them.

The Prisoner wrote:
You know something's wrong when the Trade Outpost sub-forum has the most interesting topics

Well it was an ill considered idea in the first place.

Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:46 am

xmoonxlitxwalkx wrote:
What I'm currently working on:
-Researching: +12s currently, though I'm going to need to get my research way up, as at the current rate it will take 25 days to finish D:
-Player kills: I'm about half way, though if I get 19 kills (fell behind a little bit) per rank I can still hit my goal of 2k player kills by rank 200!
-Attack Goal: I think I'm going to aim high and TRY to hit an attack of 10k by rank 200. With 10k attack with the Konqul bonus, when the Konqul bonus disappears, I will still have a formidable ship and can blast through a race chain without hurting my ship too much. To hit 10k its about 4000 more attack I need to add. The 4000 doesn't include the other two Heavy Null Rays I'm going to try and get on my ship. With 49 ranks to go, thats about 80 attack to add per rank. So 80 attack-10 attack from rank points, equals 70 T.Os I need to add, or about 12 Rescued Prisoners per rank! It will be slow but due to waiting for easy laughables on my BT, I think I can do it!
-Defense: Slowly building this up with Android Helmsmen, and concentrating more on ranking my bane to help with this. Don't really have a number to shoot for yet. <----Would love a recommendation on what to do to improve my defense, and how to go about doing so
-Hull: I'm getting close to reaching 9k hull, which makes me quite happy! I still need to get the last plating on, which will get me closer to 10k hull!
-Medal Points: 300. This is one I really want to start to work on more, I am currently working on the No Alert medal for 30 days, and am at 15/30. The raid medal is a work in progress as well. Trying to figure out what to do to get my medal points higher without ranking too much. I almost have enough yellows for 3 protean arsenal upgrades, so the sooner I can get to purchasing them, the better!

Those are my current goals, and my ship progress I've made since the last update. I really would love some input and advice! Say anything you wish, whether it be bad or good. I'm trying to make for a pretty strong ship, and advice helps me a lot!!!

go honey !!!!
the +12 planet structures are SOOOOO worth it, I cannot tell you how much that has helped me :D
and thats a nice player kill count, would be a sweet kill / death ratio !!
as for your attack goal.. ill just put my cloak on now :oops: that would be scary at rank 200, my rank 300 goal is only 5k attack.
Defense, yes you want the velox thrusters, for those, it is the sooner the better.
I am really jealous of your hull, i know the fixer bonus helps but you are going on doubling my hull bonus, I bump people like you, to much work !!.
as for the medal points, I feel you on that one, I made a list of ones I can use to help get me to 550 medal points

Loyal Piracy >> 10
First Contact >> 10 >> darn dranniks !!!!
Rebellious Recapture >> need 2 more >> 15 >> someone pass me a football!
Sure Plays a Mean Pinball >> 10 >> merry is leaving legion at some point to sell some artifact or another, so we can get this when he steps out.
The Lone Conqueror >> 20 >> will not get base artifact during this time, but it sure seems like a good medal to have especially with ranking the bane ally!! I will work on this once i start purging off planets after I get ::::
Galactic Traveler >> 25 >> I am going to cheat my way into this, invading bane feeders until I have 250 planets in my database, and then do a short scan :mrgreen:
Thanks for all the fish >> 15 >> I am pretty much at the end, may as well
Restraining Order >> 20 >> eh.. the new ally doesnt really make this um..well... i dont want to
Leaving your mark on the world >> 10 >> their if want to
She Blinded Me With Research >> 30 >> 7 million away !!!
It's a Trap! >> 15 >> already started working on this one

so thats a total of 180 medal points
would bring my total to 415 + 180 >> 595, 5 shy of the arsenals :(

Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:23 pm

Currently the medals I'm trying to get:
Daily Perspectives: 25 Medal Points (still need to do Sillixx, Vygoid and Human)
Eye of the Universe: 40 Medal Points (309/500)
Deep Meditation: 20 Medal Points <----working on this about half way there.
Cleaning Crew: 30 Medal Points 786/1000
Loyal Piracy: Will be worked on once I hit rank 200, need to buy it sooner or later
David doesn't stand a chance: 25 Medal Points. 1200 decks is going to be my maximum as I can be happy with a damage cap of 600 and the medal points are worth it :D.

and other then those, I don't have any others. Theres Clear Skies and Restraining Order as well which can be pretty easily worked on. I've been NPCing recently, and might change to hacker as vygoid and get farther on the Hacker v Hacker medal. :P. Been trying to find Scruuge ships.

Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:13 pm

xmoonxlitxwalkx wrote:
Currently the medals I'm trying to get:
Daily Perspectives: 25 Medal Points (still need to do Sillixx, Vygoid and Human)
Eye of the Universe: 40 Medal Points (309/500)
Deep Meditation: 20 Medal Points <----working on this about half way there.
Cleaning Crew: 30 Medal Points 786/1000
Loyal Piracy: Will be worked on once I hit rank 200, need to buy it sooner or later
David doesn't stand a chance: 25 Medal Points. 1200 decks is going to be my maximum as I can be happy with a damage cap of 600 and the medal points are worth it :D.

and other then those, I don't have any others. Theres Clear Skies and Restraining Order as well which can be pretty easily worked on. I've been NPCing recently, and might change to hacker as vygoid and get farther on the Hacker v Hacker medal. :P. Been trying to find Scruuge ships.

All I can really say there is stopping at only 1200 Decks means you will be limiting your scan run potential eventually. Also it means you would reach SSB status at rank 1181.

The Prisoner wrote:
You know something's wrong when the Trade Outpost sub-forum has the most interesting topics

Well it was an ill considered idea in the first place.

Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:01 pm

Well I'm going to do a quick update here. But sadly my goal of 2000 kills by rank 200 won't be possible. I am at exactly 1200 player kills, but I decided that getting the Scruuge ships and getting the Christmas-time missions was worth missing out on that goal. I have about 8 planet slots open right now, but I am 8 days away from finishing the Clear Skies medal, and afterwards I have a number of planets lined up to snag.

I am also around 10 days away from finishing the +12s, which should hopefully help my production greatly, as its been pretty much stagnant for far too long. I need to do scanning runs haha.

I managed to complete the Gift of the Mind mission 10 times, and I also got all 4 Scruuge X Deflectors, though I unstalled one in order to put on another Continuum Parser (one more waiting in my cargo).

Through NPCing I was also able to upgrade all 4 of my Dark Ring Thrusters to Dark Complex Thrusters, I got 4 Toxic Purifiers (waiting for a planet to use on), a Terraformer, and I also got 4/6 of the Gifts, only missing Gift of the Ancients and Gift of the Stars. So overall I think failing on my goal of 2,000 player kills was worth it in the end, as it made my ship stronger, and was fun to NPC again. I am back to PvPing again, and I am hoping to get my Player Kills number up.

My attack is satisfactory but I plan on slowing down my ranking speed now that the Scruuge event is over, and working on getting my blues done, along with filling up my empty planet slots. Once the slots are full, I'll probably start to rank again. Though to be honest I'm slightly nervous my tin can won't survive when I can start being hit by people in the upper 200-300 rank ranges. :|

Anyway please feel free to give me advice and comment, I like to hear about what I am doing right and/or what I am doing wrong. It helps me to better my ship, and I like having to use some strategy as I go through the game. I'm going to try to get to 2,000 kills as soon as I can, but I know it will not and can not be done by rank 200 lol. Maybe rank 250-275 it could be possible.

EDIT: I've been thinking after new years of starting on my lone conqueror medal, and I would love to visit some other legions just for fun. So if anyone would be so kind as to let me say hello inbetween invades, I would be grateful(:

Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:41 pm

your ship looks fine. personally I'd try to get all 3 veloxes installed asap switch them in place of the BM50s and a null ray or two depending on space. that attack is high enough to pretty much cap (or at least close enough) most laughable ships. Something you may want to start thinking about is getting a maxed Merged Datanode. Others may think differently, but I'd only use your parsers as needed (extra scan boost, extra attack for an invasion, etc.) Your productions are decent. Your energy bar is WAY low though, if you are planning to slow down your ranking, something to shoot for is a 7:1 ratio between engineers and rank. Obviously you wont be able to autorank, but that ratio should give you enough energy to be able to put forth a decent pvp run, npc run, or mission dump. hope this helps out a little bit and at least gives you some strategic options to think about.

Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:17 am

Location: Where are the QSES? AMIRITE??? AMIRITE???Who is "the fly"?!How long can you make this?
xmoonxlitxwalkx wrote:
My attack is satisfactory but I plan on slowing down my ranking speed now that the Scruuge event is over, and working on getting my blues done, along with filling up my empty planet slots. Once the slots are full, I'll probably start to rank again. Though to be honest I'm slightly nervous my tin can won't survive when I can start being hit by people in the upper 200-300 rank ranges. :|

Anyway please feel free to give me advice and comment, I like to hear about what I am doing right and/or what I am doing wrong. It helps me to better my ship, and I like having to use some strategy as I go through the game. I'm going to try to get to 2,000 kills as soon as I can, but I know it will not and can not be done by rank 200 lol. Maybe rank 250-275 it could be possible.

EDIT: I've been thinking after new years of starting on my lone conqueror medal, and I would love to visit some other legions just for fun. So if anyone would be so kind as to let me say hello inbetween invades, I would be grateful(:

Your attack probably decimates most people your range, but that doesn't matter if you don't have the energy to kill them. I don't know if you should slow down your ranking but rather rank at a normal pace and improve on your energy. If I was you I would take the 5 points you get from ranking and put those into engineers, and use your prisoners partly for engineers and T.Os to sort of catch you up on energy, until you can rank easier, maybe aim for atleast 8x your rank in energy, probably would be better to go for 10x. Think of it this way if you're hacking/raiding 100 people a day thats 500 energy a day thats giving you no expierence. (if you don't use debuffs)
If you go up to 1200 decks without beefing up your defense then yeah that would make your ship pretty glass cannony and a good target for people in that range.(I would be one of those people lol) Don't get too worried about anything I said though, your ship is superb for your rank! When you start doing Lone Conqueror don't be shy to apply at Twisted Kings! :mrgreen:

Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:10 am

Thank you both of you guys for the responses! My energy bar really does suck lol. I mean yeah its nice hitting 400-700 on laughables, but I have to wait for energy cubes to do efficient scan runs. It gets frusturating. I won't be fully slow ranking when I finish the medal, but I don't want to rank too much until I at least get some planet slots filled in. I figure most energy will go towards getting planets (plus I need a few mods from the CTL-velox is definitely in my sights), but I do want to at least get some hacking done.

Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:03 am

eternalpaw wrote:
maxed Merged Datanode.

currently what I am working on , and yes I would recommend this to moon, almost like having another velox, except no defense from the artifact itself.
and WOW i didnt realize my energy bar was that much bigger than yours :P

Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:08 pm

Sasami wrote:
eternalpaw wrote:
maxed Merged Datanode.

currently what I am working on , and yes I would recommend this to moon, almost like having another velox, except no defense from the artifact itself.
and WOW i didnt realize my energy bar was that much bigger than yours :P

Mine is literally the most pathetic thing ever.

Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:18 pm

mine is normally it is around 1400
dont like it so high, I tend to rank really quickly if I am not careful, thank goodness for high cost missions :P

Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:43 pm

So it's a bit of a late update, but I decided to become a Zolazin around rank 188-189ish, and then I ended up ranking from 204 to 230 trying to find those darn Sniper Drones! But here is the update:

I'm pretty happy overall with how far my ship has come in the last few months. I'm bummed I didn't make my player kill goals, and the fact I didn't do much as far as hacking goes, but I had a lot of fun.

I'm currently at 73/100 Helmsmen, on my way to my first Velox Thruster. I really want to start boosting up my defense, as quite frankly I think it sucks, but anyway. I'm trying to make my rank 300 goals, and I think I'm probably making them as ridiculous as the ones I made 100+ ranks ago, but then again nothing is IMPOSSIBLE.

I have quite a bit of planet slots open, so filling them is my current priority. ATM I am researching the Syncopated Platings, and from there, I plan on finishing the last leg of the scanners (I am at 2/3 of Continuum Analysis), and after that, I have no idea lol.

Any advice on where I should go at this point? I'm happy with my progress, but getting rid of the Konqul and Fixer bonuses, made me realize how heavily I was leaning upon the bonuses.

Oh and my stats are completely unbuffed, aside from the cloak which had a Stealth Optimizer running from the night before while I was attempting my Firewall, What Firewall, Medal.

Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:02 am

you should ask for planets more often :
that would definatly help you out, ya know if you ask the right people
pretty sure theres somone in legion who just gives away the really easy to take plaents
Can even get planets by adding clamps to the base sometimes.... wink wink nudge nudge but that's a stiff competiton

Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next