View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Moon's Ship Log UPDATED RANK 493 

xmoonxlitxwalkx wrote:
I will eventually auto-rank, but at the moment I have a pretty low amount of energy for my rank (527 total), though it is frustrating at times, I thank my low energy for MAKING me rank at a reasonable enough tempo to allow substantial ship growth per rank. I figure once I hit my goals at rank 200 I'll probably start doing mostly NPCs.

I have pretty good self-control, I pretty much only auto-rank for legion missions so it's nice having it there when I need it.

Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:02 pm

Epicownage wrote:
xmoonxlitxwalkx wrote:
I will eventually auto-rank, but at the moment I have a pretty low amount of energy for my rank (527 total), though it is frustrating at times, I thank my low energy for MAKING me rank at a reasonable enough tempo to allow substantial ship growth per rank. I figure once I hit my goals at rank 200 I'll probably start doing mostly NPCs.

I have pretty good self-control, I pretty much only auto-rank for legion missions so it's nice having it there when I need it.

I have pretty good self-control as well, but for now I figure I'll get my attack up and then get my energy up lol. Once I get to rank 200 I'll probably start splitting my rank points 3:2 T.O to engineers, and 2:1 T.O to engineers :P

Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:13 pm

PROGRESS:

At rank 110:

-Attack (buffed right now): 2045
-T.Os: started at 403 at rank 106, now at 485, added 82.
-Added two Heavy Antiproton Cannons, waiting for more ship bots to add another one.
-At rank 106 had 297 kills, now at 351 player kills.
-Have been getting an average of 16-17 kills per rank, but am behind on the current rank due to helping take down a few bases, but am still on track as far as getting 18 kills per rank.

Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:19 pm

xmoonxlitxwalkx wrote:
Epicownage wrote:
xmoonxlitxwalkx wrote:

I have pretty good self-control as well, but for now I figure I'll get my attack up and then get my energy up lol. Once I get to rank 200 I'll probably start splitting my rank points 3:2 T.O to engineers, and 2:1 T.O to engineers :P

That's a good plan, what I did personally which I think is a little easier is put all rank points into energy until it gets to 10x your rank and then put all prisoner points into TOs from that point onward and put all level up points into energy so you maintain it at 10x.

Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:07 pm

updated with progress.

Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:34 pm
I know this is a couple of days late, and I apologize for that, but I have been kept busy with school, and I'm just now catching up on all the posts I missed.
A tip for you: It is easier for us if you put an update where you put "updated with progress.", because then we can see how much you have improved over that period of time. Even though you edited the OP and included how much closer you were to your goals, it is still easier from a comparison standpoint to place it in a different place in the post.

Having said all of that, you have a pretty awesome ship for your rank. The only thing I can really tell you is to try to get your AP/h up, which you already know.
Oh, and you're a girl/woman? I didn't know that. I probably should have actually considered your name.....

Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:55 pm

Joseph4 wrote:
I know this is a couple of days late, and I apologize for that, but I have been kept busy with school, and I'm just now catching up on all the posts I missed.
A tip for you: It is easier for us if you put an update where you put "updated with progress.", because then we can see how much you have improved over that period of time. Even though you edited the OP and included how much closer you were to your goals, it is still easier from a comparison standpoint to place it in a different place in the post.

Having said all of that, you have a pretty awesome ship for your rank. The only thing I can really tell you is to try to get your AP/h up, which you already know.
Oh, and you're a girl/woman? I didn't know that. I probably should have actually considered your name.....

Lol and yup girl XD. I got it up to 2418/hr today (Rank 117). Purged and abandoned any crappy planets. Only 5 Rich Planets and the rest are extremely rich or better. So pretty happy about that.

And I'll keep that in mind. Thank you again(:

Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:56 pm

RANK 127:

In 13 Ranks:
-229 player kills
-17 player deaths
-160 raids
-22 engineers
-336 Tactical Officers
-146 Helmsmen
-287 Scientists
-1645 Attack
-252 Defense

As per some advice I recieved I took off all my cloak/scan mods, and replaced them with guns which gave me a big boost in attack. Buffed my attack is 4115. I'm slowly adding back on my scan/cloak modules as I get more decks, but for now I like having the same 30 people on my bt, most of them are easy :twisted:

Anyway my goals again are 5k attack by rank 200 and 2000 kills by rank 200. I have to get about 18 kills per rank, and my current average is 17.6, so I'm pretty happy with my progress. My goals also won me a 15x MR Arti planet from a PvP contest, yay! And a certain wonderful legion mate is making me a research planet as well :D

My current mineral production covers my shipcost so I don't plan on getting any more mining planets for the time being.

As for research I finished through +10s, and am starting on null rays, though after that I'm going to finish my obv barriers and then back to finishing off planet structures!

All advice, comments, or other suggestions are welcome!

Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:56 pm

xmoonxlitxwalkx wrote:
RANK 127:

It looks like a great ship, the only thing I'll chime in on is your energy bar. You around 5x energy per rank. I believe I heard you mention you wanted to autorank in an earlier post in this thread. Autoranking is easy to maintain, but it can be hard to get to if you're not already at it. At the very least I'd suggest putting all 5 rank points into engineers every time you rank up. To auto rank on npc's you're gonna need around 11.5x your rank in energy. Pvp is only part of the game, and at higher levels npc's are a much bigger deal.

There's also base battles, to be a heavy hitter, you not only have to have a high attack but a large enough energy bar. Hell there are some people that can autorank off of battling bases which give much worse xp than npcs, but that's in the far future for you.

tl;dr:MOARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR ENERGGGGGGGGGYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:58 pm

manofflames6 wrote:
xmoonxlitxwalkx wrote:
RANK 127:

It looks like a great ship, the only thing I'll chime in on is your energy bar. You around 5x energy per rank. I believe I heard you mention you wanted to autorank in an earlier post in this thread. Autoranking is easy to maintain, but it can be hard to get to if you're not already at it. At the very least I'd suggest putting all 5 rank points into engineers every time you rank up. To auto rank on npc's you're gonna need around 11.5x your rank in energy. Pvp is only part of the game, and at higher levels npc's are a much bigger deal.

There's also base battles, to be a heavy hitter, you not only have to have a high attack but a large enough energy bar. Hell there are some people that can autorank off of battling bases which give much worse xp than npcs, but that's in the far future for you.

tl;dr:MOARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR ENERGGGGGGGGGYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol I don't plan too much on auto ranking until after my current goals are met. Though dealing with some rank 1100 guy that decided since I badged one of his guys, he should continually disable me is putting me off track. :P

But I tried solving part of it lol. With 42 EMPs :twisted:

Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:30 am

I think I've made a pretty good amount of progress since my last update (Rank 127). I've gained a lot of attack compared to the original, and my kills are coming along mighty fine:

What I've been doing for the last 8 ranks:
-3027 Battles
-157 Player Kills
-Been killed 9 times ouch
-killed 24 NPCs
-9 hacks
-76 raids

Crew additions:
-gained 140 T.O or an average of 17.5 per rank-which has gotten me to 1011 Tactical Officers.
-no additional engineers have been added
-gained 69 helmsmen
-gained 80 scientists

Ship upgrades:
-Attack has increased by 453
-Defense has increased by 201
-Scan has increased by 80
-Cloak has increased by 80
-Gained 51 Decks
-Added a Bane Ally-with the invasion upgrade. Its currently at rank 3 with 62 attack and 62 defense
-Got my final dom mrk III
-Got two continuum parsers. One is installed, the other is in cargo waiting for space to be installed.
-Added a final Dark Ring thruster
-Added my last Vortul Blast Phaser
-Increased my hull by about 300, and my shield by about 100-only from the addition of durtanium brackets and x-charge cells

Uninstalled Modules:
Tachyon Sensor-Mark III x5
Stryll Hunt Sensor x2
Sha'din Supercomputer x2-one has not been installed, other is uninstalled
Decryption Quad Frame x2
Continuum Parser

Production:
Mining: I've gained 197 min/hr to make it 1283/hr
Artifact: I've gained an additional 731 arti/hr to make it 3263/hr
Research: I've gained 1064 res/hr to make it 4772/hr

I'm pretty happy with my current progress. I wanted to get to 5k attack by rank 200, though I think I may change that number to maybe 7 or 8k. The next week I'm going to try and stay at rank 135 so I can work on my blues and gain more Tactical Officers. I'm still going to be killing easy laughables if they show up, but for the most part I am slowing down and staying at my current rank until I can get about 8-9 Rescued Prisoners. I finished my Null Rays but I decided instead of installing them, it would be easier to just put on another Heavy Antiproton Cannon. If all five of my current weapons are changed I gain 250 attack, but thats the same as another cannon. And with the upkeep of the Null Rays, I'd much rather stay away from them for now. I like being able to afford my upkeep with low mining production, as it allows me to take artifact and research planets instead. I am now currently researching base research as I want to get closer to being able to donate, and after I finish the current tier, I will be going back to concentrating on planet structures (need to do the Trans-Hub Habitat, and then on to +12s).

I am hoping to get a bunch of ship bots sooner or later so that I can start to finally install another hull module-or two, and get the Continuum Parser installed!

Other then above, I am currently working on the Clear Skies medal, and Deep Meditation medal.

The goals I am still aiming to achieve by rank 200:
-2,000 Player Kills
-1,000 Raids
-finish blues<---I've been slacking (and what I mean by this is get the other two cipher bots and decryption quad-frames)
-5k attack
-finish +12 planet structures, and obviation barriers
-increase my production numbers. originally my goal was 10k and 10k (arti and res respectively). but I think maybe going for 7k and 7k would be more do-able

Questions I have:
1. Would getting 7k attack be "reasonably-achievable"? I am currently at 4018-4641 buffed with ACF and Obelisk buffs. To get to 7k I'd need to add 2982 attack in 65 ranks. Or 45 attack per rank. That would be 9 rescued prisoners. If I did 6k it would be around 30 per rank or 5 rescued prisoners. Should I stick with 5k? Or change it to 7k at rank 200.

2. What do you think would be good production numbers to aim for?

Anyway any and all advice and input is greatly appreciated! If you have any comments on how I can improve my ship and/or do things differently please chime in :).

Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:29 pm

Current Rank 146 Update:

about half way through rank 146

side note: I'm running a subspace seeker & tachyon cylinder from PvPing, didn't feel like waiting for them to wear off.

PRODUCTION & HULL

Energy: 9 / 460
Hull: 6798 / 6798
Shield: 1229 / 1229

Minerals 2219 units / hour
Artifacts 4073 points / hour
Production: 4897 research / hour

WHAT I'VE DONE IN 11 RANKS
-Well I've participated in my first war, fun fun fun...
~SHIP~
I've added:
Attack: 975
Defense: 114
38 Engineers
219 Tactical Officers
140 Helmsmen
Upgraded from Heavy Antiproton Cannons, to 6 Heavy Null Rays
Added 3 Perfect Fermionic Armors, and took off a BioMetric Sealer
Gained another Continuum Parser
Bane: Rank 6
Added Harvest Shield II

~PvP~
Hit Attack 4739 times
Killed 172 Players
Got killed 54 times, again war is fun...
Successful Hacks 105
Successful Raids 163

~Other~
Gained some medal points through the Halloween and Thanksgiving medals, and will hopefully finally hit 300 medal points pretty soon here.

GOAL PROGRESS
-over 2000 kills 974/2000
-finish blues and hacking well war+TIBs=oops, but working on it
-1000 raids 709/1000
-5000 attack or at least close to 25:1 ratio about a rescued prisoner away! <----may have to make that a higher number
-finish through to obviation barriers CHECK
-get to +12 planet structures at +10s

NEW GOALS AND TO DO LIST
(I would love some input on these, and if ANYONE has any things I should add to the list, please tell me!)
-I want to get my defense up now, and possibly shoot to have it around 5-6k.
-Increase my attack goal to maybe 8-9k
-finish scanner chain

Please, pretty please, give me some advice on my ship! I really do appreciate it, and being what I like to consider, a newer player, I love any and all comments/advice people give!

If you think of any goals I should add on to my list or if you think my goals are just plain stupid, easy, or impossible, speak your mind(:

Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:54 pm
Your ship is pretty dang awesome for a rank 146. It's better than mine was at 200.
The only thing that I can tell you is to improve your artifact production, although that is also quite good. You never can have too much though. :P
Overall, your ship is looking pretty awesome. :D
Keep up the good work!

Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:07 pm

Get more hull on your ship, don't just assume that other ships will dismiss you completely

Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:27 pm

Namekian wrote:
Get more hull on your ship, don't just assume that other ships will dismiss you completely

I'm rank 180 SSB and I've only got 5264 hull with only protean armories on. Everyone fears me and I rarely get attacked, but when I do, my huge amount of shields from excharge cells fend off any attacker. All he needs to do is get kalvium fortified platings and more durtanium brackets. Recently I completely destroyed a big fat ship with lots of decks and lots of hull with my large amounts of tactical officers, while dealing max damage to him. I don't see the need to add hull mods as they are easily replaced by durtanium brackets and use up too many decks. Adding more hull mods would increase damage cap done to him any way.

Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:22 pm

I discussed the hull thing with my legion today actually. I was considering ditching a few thrusters to get another plating, but defense is crap enough as is. So I decided to keep it as is and just work on defense. Durtanium brackets are common enough that I pretty much use them to increase hull, and xcharge cells for hull. I do plan on getting Kalvium Platings, but not for another 40-50 ranks as I want to take advantage of easy PvPing while I can(:

Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:52 pm

xmoonxlitxwalkx wrote:
I discussed the hull thing with my legion today actually. I was considering ditching a few thrusters to get another plating, but defense is crap enough as is. So I decided to keep it as is and just work on defense. Durtanium brackets are common enough that I pretty much use them to increase hull, and xcharge cells for hull. I do plan on getting Kalvium Platings, but not for another 40-50 ranks as I want to take advantage of easy PvPing while I can(:

If i were you i wouldnt get Kalviums for about 200 ranks, they dont provide enough bonus at a lower level for the energy spent to get them. remember youll be ranking quite a bit, having higher level opponents being able to see you and your ship wouldnt keep up per say, as those other would still be getting reds for auto/tri blasters, yellow for arsenals, npcing for terraformers, etc.

Still, its a very nice ship. BM50's arent the best defence:size ratio nor are parsers. however your attack is nearing mine while im rank 520 sitting on about 6.5k attack.. but i guess i am at 10k when i have researchable stuff on

compared to what i was at your rank, you are doing superbly.

Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:02 am
Profile WWW

NZL Sean wrote:
xmoonxlitxwalkx wrote:

If i were you i wouldnt get Kalviums for about 200 ranks, they dont provide enough bonus at a lower level for the energy spent to get them. remember youll be ranking quite a bit, having higher level opponents being able to see you and your ship wouldnt keep up per say, as those other would still be getting reds for auto/tri blasters, yellow for arsenals, npcing for terraformers, etc.

Still, its a very nice ship. BM50's arent the best defence:size ratio nor are parsers. however your attack is nearing mine while im rank 520 sitting on about 6.5k attack.. but i guess i am at 10k when i have researchable stuff on

Thank you!

I finally hit 5k attack like three seconds ago (thank you ship bots), 5041 :P. I don't know whether to take off the parsers or not, but for now I like having the scan/cloak. They are my only scan/cloak mods I have online. Everything else is just sitting there.

I'm just trying to get my ship as strong as possible now, so if and/or when I autorank a race chain, I won't be a little tin can :P

Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:25 am

NZL Sean wrote:
xmoonxlitxwalkx wrote:

He can probably just slow rank the hell out of his ship and then get kalvium fortified platings when he is ready to get them. Kalvium platings play a big roll in increasing hull increases from durtanium brackets. Many people I see at rank 200, get their kalvium fortified platings already and rule the battle tab with an iron fist. If he were to gain enough tactical officers and helmsmen with the right amount of hull from artifact productions, he'd be able to kick butt. He knows he has to increase his artifact production, so he can do it whenever he wants to. I don't think he would need these guns in the long run, but those arsenals are very good. Big guns are a waste of space for tactical officers. I'd rather have 500 attack of tactical officers then waste my space on quasis. I recently tapped his ship today and he did 68 to me, but I did 168 to him with his trinities on.

Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:28 am

Lol its driving me crazy so I have to say it..... Not he, I'm a she :P

Anyway I want to finish my red badges, and yellow badges, before I get the platings. I've decided that much. Its pretty easy to find 3-4 hit kills, so I'm taking advantage of that one now. The Kalvium Platings will come soon enough though.

Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next