View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 Legion Missions when you don't pass them all. 

Basically what is the advised course of action for people who are in legions that don't or can't seem to do better than a fair success rate?

From the small few I have talked to it seems like something like this.
Do the task that gives relic badges if there is one.
Do the task that gives a ship module because those ship mods are awesome.
Hope that the chance gets to fair then hope that it passes.

Are you shooting yourself in the foot by maxing your modules now?
You are gonna max your mods and then move to
- not doing tasks?
- doing the ok planet structures you really don't need at that cost?

If you aren't gonna do the tasks then the people in your legion who can start doing missions are gonna likely do the modules and then ???
This would create a big long drawn out affair of people doing the ship module tasks here and there and never really getting many relic badges

What I am curious to know is what tasks are people doing in the various rank ranges and legions.
Please share and please be honest about the success rate of your legion.
I'm curious about any legion not EotS and hopefully the next time someone asks me for advice on legion missions I can help answer that.

That's meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:48 am

pretty muuch have every1 agree they do there own thing with out being ordered like some legions do..
and up to each member to look at the tasks research the mission on wiki to verify witch they can do and have each member all take part and finishing the task that they so wish to take part in and all knowing to split it up there going to come by in just 4 days for some legions. as they are stuck with the same mission every other mission lol

Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:25 am

Not quite what you asked here, but i want to help get the discussion going.

In LoI, we had a short period where we had many missions listed at "high" chance of success in a row, followed by multiple missions that had only "fair" (Too many race/class requirements being needed again and again)

We passed all the fair chance missions, and failed all of the high chances. I am not even joking.

Anyways, when we first started we were very strict. You May Not do this mission unless you did This One last time, etc. Constant announcements explaining how the rules for each mission works. As time passed, we became more relaxed.

I generally post an announcement for the first day saying something like "First task for NPC'ers, Second task for those with energy but not time, Third task for those who can do a 200 planet scan run" etc. This just lets them know that the next mission is up, and lets them select without over thinking.

For the most part, our guys do whatever they can do to help, and do not complain if I ask that nobody else joins a specific task as it is overfull. However, we have not had to do that for a while.

Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:05 am

With a lot of low to mid rank ships at The Wild Hunt we just let everyone do whatever they like.

We're hopeful that as our members grow, our chances of success with the LMs will improve.
For the moment though, we just treat it as an opportunity to get a start on the nifty upgradeable mods. It's a very large part of the reason we bought it and fund it.

The lack of pressure is good and, in all honesty, at this stage our chances of success wouldn't be great no matter how much we tried.
Our chances of success so far have generally stayed in the Extremely Low / Very Low range, but there does seem to be improvement as we go.

Naturally, we'd all love to be collecting relic badges at the same time, but you can only worry about stuff you can actually control :)

So, in essence, we do exactly what you said, for exactly those reasons, though participation rates generally indicate the mods are key.

Tree7304 wrote:
Do the task that gives a ship module because those ship mods are awesome.
Do the task that gives relic badges if there is one.
Hope that the chance gets to fair then hope that it passes.

I suspect the emphasis on ship mods in our legion is probably influenced by:

• The low numbers of our participants who have the necessary medal points to really take advantage of the relic points at this stage
  • A high proportion of small and medium ship builds that can really benefit from the deck/benefit advantages of the LM ship mods

As Tree pointed out, this might not be ideal down the track, but the chance to get started on the mods now simply outweighs the worry that we're not collecting relic badges.
Even more important for me is to provide the opportunity for our members to get a start on these mods, rather than falling behind others on their BTs.

Speaking only for myself, I think the chance to get the relic badges later when our chances do improve will outweigh the potential problem of having already maxed the mods.

Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:06 am

In fairness I suppose I should say how EotS handles Legion Missions.

When we heard what was coming the legion talked and talked about what to do.
As a group we decided to hand control over to leadership for the first few missions with everyone being told to balance out tasks and etc. to do what we thought would get certain chance. It worked really well.
Then the legion voted and most agreed relic badges took precedence over any of the reward drops so every mission each person does a task that they didn't do previously.
So when a mission pops up someone asks what task. Someone says you are 3/2/3 so task 2 this time.

After Vortov was maxed there was a re-vote and most said lets keep it controlled and the relic badges flowing.

I can't remember the last time we failed a task. Had a lucky success at fair during carthyne symposium last week.
Been at least a month since we failed something.

Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:37 am

In the TA we have only a few members who can realistically do the legion missions on a daily basis, and quite literally everyone does what they want, some people focus on the badge tasks (you know the crimson and rsl ones) and some focus on the ship mods. The lower levels do try to chip in when they want to but we never have a good chance of success.

Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:54 am

Deigobene wrote:
[list][*]The low numbers of our participants who have the necessary medal points to really take advantage of the relic points at this stage

I had not considered this. Fair point.

So for The Wild Hunt and The Terranian Armada.
When more people are able to do missions and move your chances into the high success rating, are people going to willingly do the tasks that give ship modules again just to move the mission from fair chance to high chance?
Or will it be everyone with the maxed ship mods doing the other tasks while the new people slowly cycle in to do the ship mod tasks and hopefully this distribution yields a high success chance?

Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:18 pm

Good question Tree.

As we have a constant flow of people moving up the ranks, I suspect the ship modules will always be in some demand, so anyone that has already got them may not be required to repeat unnecessarily.
I should probably also mention that we have only had the LM Center for a couple of weeks now, so as a legion, everyone generally still has many more repeats to go than if we'd been doing LMs since their release.

Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:21 am

Tree7304 wrote:
Deigobene wrote:
[list][*]The low numbers of our participants who have the necessary medal points to really take advantage of the relic points at this stage

When more people are able to do missions and move your chances into the high success rating, are people going to willingly do the tasks that give ship modules again just to move the mission from fair chance to high chance?
Or will it be everyone with the maxed ship mods doing the other tasks while the new people slowly cycle in to do the ship mod tasks and hopefully this distribution yields a high success chance?

Currently, I'm picking and choosing the LMs I'm doing based on complicated equation of available play time, desirability of the mods/drops of the LM, and how much I've ranked that week. Which goes to say, that I'm not doing every legion mission we get, every time. Many others are doing the same thing right now.

I think there is value in doing the LMs for the mods themselves to help toward meeting medal points goals as well. (Close Encounters
Disable a variety of different enemies during legion mission tasks. 15 Medal points and Shared Adventures Complete 25 Legion Mission tasks. 30 Medal points)

Another reason we added the LM mod at TWH is because we want our base to be as functional as possible for any long term visitors or mid to high ranked players that wish to join. That's part of why we have the UST when the only person who can actually use it right now is Kochan, and he's just visiting.

So, while failing the LMs is not ideal, we are hoping that it will be a temporary state. Even in the past 4 months we've seen immense growth from our Hunters (in rank, strength, and energy capacity) so in another 6 months we might very well be passing more LMs than we fail.

All things looking forward.

Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:36 am

Tree7304 wrote:
Deigobene wrote:

Good question but the truth is we haven't reached a point really where we have many people with maxed mods so that situation hasn't occured much.

Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:29 pm

Another question.
Does everyone start a new mission right after the previous one ends?

Except for the threat of statrting Xathe mission on a Sunday I see no reason to wait.
Even then it is just slightly annoying scanning without the UST buff.

Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:44 am

We always dive straight in Tree, at this stage our UST is almost solely provided for the convenience of high-ranking visitors.

Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:50 am

Like the other mid rank legions, we (Galaxy Battleships) let everyone do what they want, when they want. I'm rank 442 and more than half the legion are ranked lower than me and sometimes I struggle to finish missions. We rarely finish missions, currently doing Crimson ship one and chance is very low. We did complete a few when they first started.
I personally always do the the npc ones that give some relic badges, and have also completed the one that gives the T.O. Heliofield 3 times. I need a lot of energy to do that one and have been helped out by the higher ranks a few times. The next time it comes up I'm not sure I'll be able to complete it, as I suspect that most of them have finished it now. Sometimes someone will do the mission just to find the ships to alert for others, but.....
Interested to hear what others do.

Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:14 am

Tree7304 wrote:
Another question.
Does everyone start a new mission right after the previous one ends?

Except for the threat of statrting Xathe mission on a Sunday I see no reason to wait.
Even then it is just slightly annoying scanning without the UST buff.

Yeah we just dive straight in, no point in waiting around.

Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:12 pm

Personally I've noticed that around rank 500 people are able to reliably complete legion missions. Having a energy bar large enough to autorank while looking for legion mission NPC's helps immensely. At that point it just becomes a balancing act when picking a legion mission.

Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:54 pm

In Talon Company Legion Missions arnt a priority due to the lack of people having the energy(we rank at our own pace no auto rankers here) to do what they want plus the mission so missions are purely for the individuals who want that item, I ALWAYS go for the kill Crimson or Sha'din Ships ones because its pure relic badges that i use to help up my cloak on my planets or use to buy a forge here and there.

Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]