View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 For a friend, how is he doing? 
Okay, I'm doing this for a friend who does not have a forum account. He wants to know how he's doing and what he should work on.

EDIT: I forgot the modules. X_X
Weapons: offline
Energy: Zero-Point Reactor - Mark II, Omicron Injector
Sensors: offline
Hull: Neutronium Armor, Protean Armory x3
Shields: Harmonic Resonator
Cloaking: offline
Defenses: BM50 Convoy Shuttle x3, Dark Ring Thruster x2, Trinity-Core Drive x2

Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:32 pm

If he's doing a SSB should trade out the defense for more attack and hull.

Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:38 pm
Profile WWW

Go hack him guys, you'll probably get some critical hacks

Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:19 pm

Hull and attack are far too low. It looks he wants to get 100% of his attack from TO's and be a super SSB. If so he will need to be a collector and not rank for a long time.

Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:09 pm

Right now it takes a minimum of 210 energy to kill him. Most in his badging range would simply pass him over simply because of that fact. If he stacked more hull he'd be even more of a PITA to kill. He seems to be going at about 2 decks per rank which is 2x SSB. He's got a good TO count, and the energy of a slow ranker. His productions are quite nice for his rank.

Not much else I can say, that hasn't been said. If he wants to keep his Attack in line with those of his rank going forward he's going to need to either A add decks for attack modules or B slow rank a large amount putting all rescued into TOs.

The Prisoner wrote:
You know something's wrong when the Trade Outpost sub-forum has the most interesting topics

Well it was an ill considered idea in the first place.

Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:33 pm

Good progress imo, I don't think the attack is bad for a Rank 83 at all.
I suspect at Rank 100 you'll see 4 x Dom IIIs suddenly appear, or even 4 x Autoblasters if they've been very good with their medal collection.
Either way, that will give the attack a nice boost.

Personally I'd go for hull over the BM50s, but to each their own :)

Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:10 am
UPDATE TIME:

Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:00 pm

Nothing wrong here. Keep up the good work.

Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:37 pm

Deigobene wrote:
I suspect at Rank 100 you'll see 4 x Dom IIIs suddenly appear, or even 4 x Autoblasters if they've been very good with their medal collection.

He don't need weapons. He fights with his fists weaponless and kills people like they are paper. That's what a true pvper does. We don't need flashy modules to make us look powerful. What is recommended to do for him is to wait for more efficient long term modules to come out in galaxy legion's content.

Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:40 pm

Ludis wrote:
Deigobene wrote:

He don't need weapons. He fights with his fists weaponless and kills people like they are paper. That's what a true pvper does. We don't need flashy modules to make us look powerful. What is recommended to do for him is to wait for more efficient long term modules to come out in galaxy legion's content.

*sigh* ...thank you for teaching me what "true" PvPers do Ludis :roll:
Please people, do not make the mistake of thinking SSB is the only way to PvP.
That is just stupid and clearly incorrect based on just a quick look at the three PvP leaderboards.
Play how you want, just do it well.

Once Sun ranks his wonderful ship into a decent size, there are few more efficient attack/deck weapons than the triblasters...
*looks at the 4 happily sitting on his own ship* What a shame I'm not an SSB so can never consider myself a PvPer...

Anyway, back to the ship that Sun asked me to run an eye over.

Love the way it is coming along, but don't be afraid to add decks if the module is worthwhile.

You will need to be a certain size to add all the scanning modules, assuming you are not going to forever play in the shallow end of the pool.
To a large degree when you choose to add those decks makes little difference in the long run.

Velox, kalviums and any other of the % boosters would be a worthy addition as you grow, especially the merged datanode.
I suspect Anubix is on your hitlist very soon, which is a great plan.

I particularly liked SenatorHung's recent advice to not get *too* caught up on maintaining strict SSB at early ranks, but to target a time when you want to be SSB by.
This is very wise advice, indeed.

Looking really good Sun, an awesome foundation to do whatever you want as you progress.

Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:44 pm

Deigo, you sir are the wrong one promoting weakness and hell to weak ships while you allow them to completely ruin their gaming experience in the long run. People out there are often miserable because they can't strengthen there ships and are full regret for doing many mistakes that made them want to quit. If you want to continue allowing people to go through hell, be my guest. I'm not saving anyone of them who follow your ideas of creating weak ships. Your statements to hurt others only makes you look more like an idiot, rather than the one you are calling an idiot and does absolutely nothing to motivate ship strength. By the way, there are many types of true pvpers out there and those are not the ones you allow to grow weak through hell and mistakes. The reason I do these things is because everyone needs a foundation to grow upon and it's much more difficult and troubling if one does not have one. You can't just allow people to just go out with no experience at all on anything before doing something. That's like a random person doing surgery on you and that's stupid.

Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:00 am

Last time I checked, a good PvPer isnt just high TO count. It's a mix of the highest efficiency attack modules and high TO count.

Anyways back to topic. Wow Sun's ranked quite a bit in the last month or two since Ive seen him. I see hes at that 100x AP mark, hitting 20k by rank 200. Thats extremely impressive for his rank. Ive only just managed to hit that myself, and Im a reset that already had several planets laid out and a heavy trader playstyle.

My suggestion is to get anubix asap (it should only take you a month or so to get the required 200 shipbots if you havent already collected them) since hes passed rank 200. At this point, I think it would benefit him to slow rank towards rank 245 since he has the production, and rank 200 opens a ton of new stuff you can do. If hes interested, Id say then autorank the talth chain and freeze afterwards to recover ship strength (which honestly shouldnt do too much harm to him). Just trying to follow his playstyle when giving suggestions

He needs more TOs. Hes been ranking too fast lately if he wants to slow rank imo. Very impressive compared to average, but hes definitely able to milk his AP more at 20k by r200. Should be about 10-12 prisoners everyday at that point for +60-72 attack.

Also, congrats to him on his hacks leaderboard climb

Click below to join us and we will rise together!

Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:24 am

Ludis wrote:
Deigo, you sir are the wrong one promoting weakness and hell to weak ships while you allow them to completely ruin their gaming experience in the long run. People out there are often miserable because they can't strengthen there ships and are full regret for doing many mistakes that made them want to quit. If you want to continue allowing people to go through hell, be my guest. I'm not saving anyone of them who follow your ideas of creating weak ships. Your statements to hurt others only makes you look more like an idiot, rather than the one you are calling an idiot and does absolutely nothing to motivate ship strength. By the way, there are many types of true pvpers out there and those are not the ones you allow to grow weak through hell and mistakes. The reason I do these things is because everyone needs a foundation to grow upon and it's much more difficult and troubling if one does not have one. You can't just allow people to just go out with no experience at all on anything before doing something. That's like a random person doing surgery on you and that's stupid.

With apologies to Sun Wukong and any other readers:
Ludis I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.
Given that you seem to have a tenuous relationship to both logic and reality, this is probably a good thing.

As one of the co-founders and leaders of one of the strongest per rank legions in the game (coincidentally sitting quite a few spots above yours on the strength board with a lower average rank) I think my shipbuilding experience and advice is at the very least as worthwhile as yours... it also has the benefit of being field tested at real ranks.

To argue that I encourage weak ships is simply ludicrous - in fact, it is the very opposite of what I do.
Our legion has always made a point of taking in ships and helping them turn their builds around in a friendly, helpful environment.

It is, perhaps, why Sun Wukong specifically asked me to review his progress and offer my thoughts.
I don't know, but I doubt he asked me here because he thought my input would be unhelpful.

Back on topic, my advice to not be afraid to add decks to build worthwhile modules stands.
If Ludis fails to see how the % boosting modules are vital to a strong SSB or MSB then I am simply sad that his math ability is so poor.

Sun, like I said earlier, you have crafted an awesome platform on which to build and I look forward to seeing your progress.
Great work so far and I am sure there is better to come.

Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:28 am

I've always found Diego's advice spot on, he's helped me plenty. :D

And if Diego was promoting "weakness and hell" then get me one of those ships, cause his ship is mean!!

Back to the ship, those are some mean stats, that arti production, as long as you continue to grow it as you rank, will make sure that your ship is always strong, whether you're S, M or LSB. Trellith is a good chain to increase arti, Taltherian as someone else mentioned, also any of the chains that get you an ally.

But you're doing great, not sure you need that much help/advice. ;)

Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:02 am

on topic.. wow thats a small ship, its like a clown car, but good start at ssb, and good stats to go with it.
on the off topic.. you can be a good pvper regardless of ship size and stats, it depends on how you do it and how lawless you are.

the point after all is to blow up the other ship. are you really going to tell somone they are doing it wrong when you know they can blow it up or do you show them more efficient ways to blow it up?

Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]