View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Unique Ship - Looking For Advice 

I give my greetings to all who have come to this thread. To start off, I will say that I am quite new to the forums. I have been around for 568 days (The medals keeps track of that for me), but I haven’t bothered to use the forums simply because the wiki had most of the information that I wanted.

Ever since the start of my galactic journey, I have always taken an odd approach to the game. I understand the game mechanics well enough to know about the most common ship builds and playstyles: SSB, NPCer, autoranker, slowranker, etc. I wanted to make my ship stand out and stand out it does.

I wanted to be a collector ship, choosing only to install modules that provide a PERMANENT PERCENTAGE BUFF.

Here is my ship at first glance:

The most probable thing going through your mind right now is: "Wow, this ship is so weak. It has decent attack and defense, but with only 600 hull and maybe 1000 shields, it would go down extremely fast." Here is what my ship actually looks like:

Now, it's great to show off my ship and what I have been doing, but the main reason I decided to come to the forums was because I was stuck. I don't know what other modules are collectible within my rank range. I have come to ask YOU, the experienced and seasoned players who are probably many times my rank and are doing things in this game I could probably never do.

What other percentage modules are collectible right now for me? (Within reason of course)

I am currently going for Kalvium Platings, then possibly the Kronyn Transthruster.
I am currently relying on base production to improve my ship slowly over time as my artifact production is pitiful, but my research is in decent shape considering I have almost no decent planets.

Thank you all for reading my post and I would appreciate any advice given to me

Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:25 pm

560 days and you're rank 100 damn i've got 100 days and 1300 ranks on you...

But anyway i'll do what i can

First

Being such a long rank isn't efficient in shipbuilding for a start It would take me about 2 weeks to add the total stats of your ship

Work on your goals and keep you self small but ap/h should be your goal even small increases add up over a time getting a extra rescued prisoner per day is an extra 2k attack per year.

Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:02 pm

Thanks, I'll definitely look to improve my AP production.

Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:25 pm

I'm 506 days and about 350 ranks ahead of you!! Not the way I would do my ship, but hey, it's your ship.

A couple of things I'd recommend:
1. As you're a small ship, you need to be selective about the mods you put on. For example I wouldn't bother with the BM50's or the Tetra-seekers, unless you're attacking a base. The defence and scan they give are not really worth it. Also the Atmospheric Decimators are probably only worth it when invading. You should be able to see some Crimson elites that give reasonable weapons.
You'd be better off having some hull mods installed, especially when you get the Kalvium Plating installed.

2. The other thing I think you should do is increase your energy by putting your Rank Points into engineers for a while. Most small ships seem to have no energy mods, so I'm guessing they have lots of engineers.

3. Improve your production. Since you're low rank and your planets are that bad, if you can afford GP, abandoning planets is well worth it. But only abandon a planet when you have a decent one ready to replace it and your planet slots are full. A bad planet is better than no planet!! Try and focus on the arti planets, but you will probably need to pick up a maxed toxic or 2 (hopefully a friendly legionmate will help you there)

4. Other % mods?? I can't think of anymore % ones, but some of the stacked ones are good value for space. Examples I have are Merged Datanode and Uldri Wave Ejector. Getting more red badges to upgrade your Dom Cannon Mk4's, upgrade your Protean Armory's and Decimators. Also the allies are all good, you could get the Anubix with some patience (which you seem you have) and the Sehrin one (Voliir Chain) is open at your rank.

Good luck

PS - I understand the Imperium's are very helpful and generous, but if you feel like a change and getting production shipments every day of the week, come try out Galaxy Battleships, lvl7 arti base

Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:23 pm

If you want another % boosting module I can suggest getting the Merged Datanode(240 Scan, 360 Cloak, and 4% Defense bonus). The mission for which, A Fleeting Aspect, becomes available at rank 125 so only 19 ranks away. You can ask legion mates for the flux probes for the mission. I have heard the Imperiums are good about that kind of thing.

For other percent boosting modules there are:

Titancore Proxy(4% scan bonus) - comes from the chain that unlocks at 165 and starts with Titancore Genesis

Coalition Databases(8% Cloak Bonus) - comes from the third mission in the Sha'Din chain unlocked at 260 starting with Zortah's Abduction

Autonomous Processor(5% base attack) - for reaching rank 1000, rotating bonus that hasn't changed since April.

CK69 Assault Sentry(6% Hull bonus) - from yellow badges costs 2940 Yellow badges

T.O. Heliofield(5% Shield Bonus) - from legion mission Illegal Excavation's NPC task.

Dark Assembly Bot(-5% Upkeep) & Dark Smuggler Chassis(+1 Disguise) - come from the mission chain opened by finding Caelon Dark Dispatcher an NPC that requires 2000 scan to see and begins appearing at rank 300.

Stacked Attiroth Plating(5% Hull bonus) - Comes from Attiroth NPC which begins appearing at rank 900

Sirakar Plating(3% NPC Defense) - Upgraded version of Korteth Plating which comes from the mission Erlachs Proposal in the rank 310 unlocked mission chain starting with The Crimson Defector.

T Plasma Gemini Cannon(Effect Trigger Damage) - has a 2% chance to do 10% hull+shield damage to a person attacking you. Gained by doing the Rank 210 unlocked mission chain which starts with Aggressive Evolution until Controlling the Silthion is active then finding the Silthion Hybrid Larva NPC which requires 1500 scan to see. Once found it will drop an item that opens up a continuation of the chain the second mission of which gives this module.

Mega Coil-Repulsor(5% NPC Defense) Blue badge module costs 32.

If i missed any modules that have a % bonus I'll be a little surprised. There are however some Allies that give % bonuses but I think with proper use of the wiki you can figure out which they are and what to do to get them.

The Prisoner wrote:
You know something's wrong when the Trade Outpost sub-forum has the most interesting topics

Well it was an ill considered idea in the first place.

Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:41 pm

Thanks to both of you, you really helped me out! I had totally forgotten about allies, and Anubix certainly seems feasible by the time I hit rank 200. I'll also be aiming for a Merged Datanode as soon as possible, as the mission only gives 67k XP. That list of modules is really nice, thanks for posting it!

PS-I'll look into Galaxy Battleships. :)

Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:03 pm

I'd suggest going Fixer instead. One Krionite Torpedo and your Shields are gone. :|

Devastation - Rank 1209 - Proud Officer of Imperium of Namalak

Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:39 pm

Ahh, interesting, I never looked at it like that! On the other hand, I've always tried to maintain both shields and hull, but perhaps switching to fixer would indeed be better.

Last edited by scruball on Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:45 pm

I recommend researching more along the energy line, even though you say you only want percentage boost, you will want higher relays to go with, so your energy recharges much faster.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:37 am
Profile WWW

Thanks for the tip, I'll definitely be going for energy research after I finish obivation shields!

Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:08 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]