View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Updated Umbongo Ship log (rank 866) 

Well I was asked to do a ship log, for comparison to other players in my rank range and ship build style, but I decided to just resurrect this one (even if I do suspect the player who asked will thoroughly ruin my stats).

As an SSB, my ship set up changes but I will stick with my general, day-to-day build, but will cover other set ups as and where those stats are appropriate. My old stats can be found further up in this thread, if you want to compare to my old ship stats. I gave up pretty much on caring about how fast I rank, I just play the game and do what I want, no matter how much it ranks me... It is a game, do what you have fun doing.

Rank- 746
Decks- 764
Cargo- 30,110
Engineers- 6,282. I had stopped adding these, but Dan seems to want to make everything an Energy sink now.
Tactical Officers- 8,052
Helmsmen- 2,576
Scientists- 5,706

Size Class: Titan
Space: 757 / 764
Attack: 9632 This is with the full upgraded Anubix bonus
Defense: 5440 This is with three Veloxs and full upgrade Merged Data node
Scan: 853
Cloak: 1094
Cargo: 28006 / 30110
Upkeep: 9.3B
Taltherian: Urbanize
Excavator: Artifact +10%

Battles- 421274 (Epic Legend)
Player Kills- 2601
Deaths from Players- 274
Non-Player Kills- 38740
Planets Found- 868
Planets Occupied- 132
Planets Captured- 157
Missions Completed- 1037
Scans Performed- 10553
Successful Hacks- 3039
Successful Raids- 2554

Medal Points: 1165 of 2235

My day to day ship set up:

Ship Design- Avenger

Size Class- Titan

Ships/Allies- Cuniculus, Lepus Adjutant, Bainar, Systems Cracker, Thraccti, Scruuge Defector, Apparitious II, Bane Familiar, Sehrin, Bioship Ally, Anubix, AI Assault Drone

Weapons- Dominion Tri-Blaster, T-Plasma Gemini Cannon x3, Biospheric Decimator x2, Prototype Mech XV, Drone Cluster, Combat Analyzer

Energy- Surge Plexus x3, HyperChannel Relay x4, F.A.T.H.E.R. x2, Silthion T-Plasma Hub x3, Krionite Transducer, Exotic Dynamo, Chron-Transistor, Dark Mutagen Battery, Omicron Injector

Sensors- Merged DataNode, AI Supercomputer, Flux Ringdisc, Tachyon Router

Hull- Perfect Syncopated Plating x5, Raix-Radiated Plating, Kalvium Fortified Plating x2, Scruuge Charged Hypernode x2, Korteth Plating x2, Protean Armory x2, Protean Arsenal, Impact Absorber, Tractor Beam

Shields- T.O. Heliofield, Tejiar Capitol Barrier, Aegis Capacitor x3, Field Balancer, Harmonic Resonator, Q-Phase Battery Array

Cloaking- Gamma Channeler

Defenses- Velox Thruster x3, Subspace Compressor, Chron-Pulse Drive, Thrust Stabilizer

Hull- 25,653 un-buffed, 56,026 buffed
Shields- 9,953 un-buffed, 20K+ buffed
Damage cap- 382. Roughly 466 E & 1K E to down me if I am buffed, and you hit me for cap every time. When I go Lazuli fixer, these figures and the above values change accordingly

The above set up is my day to day and changes hugely depending on what I am doing.

When I am auto-ranking/doing anything where I need full energy it goes full E set up.
Max Energy: 10,108. Roughly 13.5X my rank.
Energy recharge rate- 120.
All Doms are done to Auto Blasters. 1/4 upgraded to Tri blaster.

Max Scan tops out at around 15K without using limited buffs.

Allies:

Anubix, AI Assault Drone: Rank: 100
Apparitious II, Bane Familiar: Rank: 98
Bainar, Systems Cracker: Rank: 100
Cuniculus, Lepus Adjutant: Rank: 35
Sehrin, Bioship Ally: Rank: 100
Thraccti, Scruuge Defector: Rank: 100

Mercenary Payment (Uses Left: 51) Trying to get all my payments before I get Vortov.

Productions:

Arti: 21,609
Mining: 19,107
Research: 16,571
Finished all research chains bar Proxy universe reactors (2 of 4), Topopolis rings & Hyper Log

Anyhow, I am trying to start to follow Taylor Swifts ship guide, but also generally doing what I do. Any questions feel free to ask. Any advice, feel free to proffer it. I know I am not the toughest ship in my rank bracket, especially when I am on my energy set up... but I get along.

I did some naughty things, and now they have put me in the Royal Asylum, based in Chesterton

Alumni of the Crimson Lances and Lords of Infinity

Rank 971, Strict SSB,Possibly the jazziest ship in the universe

Fri May 23, 2014 7:30 pm

Cool stuff, Umbongo :)

Quote:
Decks- 764
Hull- 25,653 un-buffed, 56,026 buffed
Shields- 9,953 un-buffed, 20K+ buffed
Closing in on 100 capped shots to kill w/o Fixer bonus or buffs. Definitely not a fun time...

Quote:
Scans Performed- 10553
This is a concern.

You might still be able to get away with a base scan of 853, but in not-too-many ranks, it is going to leave you with a very shallow, dry BT -- as the average cloak at your rank is going to be several thousand.

The low number of scans performed is also a bit of a concern, as it makes building your artifact production so much more dependent on uplift ability, NPCs, and (lucky) base raids. Unless you are willing to constantly hustle trades (time intensive, many of the best deals are YCTM only) or spend ridiculous amounts of GP on Invincible Planets and other planet upgrades (wallet intensive, extremely low return for investment), it is going to be hard to make up the production gains other players with higher quality/quantity of scans are reaping. There are a lot of nice, poorly defended planets out there in the 8k-15k cloak range.

Personally, I'd add decks for scan modules and "grow in" to my ship, but we're not the same person; damage cap is less important to me than scanning, and adding decks would kind of destroy what you are going after with your ship build.

Sat May 24, 2014 1:56 am

planets occupied is way too low ... empty planet slots is lost opportunity. has the talth excavator path worked out for you ? i am still cruising along as a mylarai for a few months before going lazuli fixer or litheor excavator. talth is still way downstream for me ...

and yeah ... vortov. mine is at rank 30 and is going to stay there until i have the 140 relic badges to finish it. one day i will repair the velox and aegis mods on my ship ... but not yet.

as for ranking speed ... once you are a true SSB (damage cap rating of 100%), it is less of an issue. the concern now is not the damage dealt by higher ranks, but rather the amount of energy they have access to. at rank 746 ... you can still badge down to rank 448 but can only be badged by up to rank 1243. a great range to pvp at ... hence my current rush on the killboards ... looks like i am the only mylarai on there ;)

senatorhung's analysis: ship log showdown !; SSB strategy; leader in: Ancient Untouchables

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Sat May 24, 2014 4:35 am
Profile WWW

Pongoloid wrote:
Umbongo wrote:
Scans Performed- 10553
This is a concern.

You might still be able to get away with a base scan of 853, but in not-too-many ranks, it is going to leave you with a very shallow, dry BT -- as the average cloak at your rank is going to be several thousand.

The low number of scans performed is also a bit of a concern, as it makes building your artifact production so much more dependent on uplift ability, NPCs, and (lucky) base raids. Unless you are willing to constantly hustle trades (time intensive, many of the best deals are YCTM only) or spend ridiculous amounts of GP on Invincible Planets and other planet upgrades (wallet intensive, extremely low return for investment), it is going to be hard to make up the production gains other players with higher quality/quantity of scans are reaping. There are a lot of nice, poorly defended planets out there in the 8k-15k cloak range.

Personally, I'd add decks for scan modules and "grow in" to my ship, but we're not the same person; damage cap is less important to me than scanning, and adding decks would kind of destroy what you are going after with your ship build.

Yeah normally I start at 853, then add buffs to rotate the BT. When I am on auto rank set up, it is probably double this value, which makes it easier.

I am trying to scan more often, I used to leave it until I could do a 500 or so planet run, now I go for anything over 100. I will admit, I have strongly considered doing what you suggested, but I am pretty settled with my size, and maintaining it at true SSB.

senatorhung wrote:
planets occupied is way too low ... empty planet slots is lost opportunity. has the talth excavator path worked out for you ? i am still cruising along as a mylarai for a few months before going lazuli fixer or litheor excavator. talth is still way downstream for me ... Definitely, I was way too selective until I hit around rank 700... have been filling planet slots with whatever I could pump 150-200 arti out of. Talth has certainly been a handy little boost for me. Lazuli is handy, but it does become a little bit "whats the point?". I could get to over 1500 energy to kill me, but it would impact other areas of my ship. Talth is just a handy one to get knocked out imo

and yeah ... vortov. mine is at rank 30 and is going to stay there until i have the 140 relic badges to finish it. one day i will repair the velox and aegis mods on my ship ... but not yet.
It just seemed the sensible way to do things- I can't afford it yet, so I might as well get everything prepped, then I can just rank him as I choose. Velox and Aegis are only recent additions to my set up. As I am growing I decided to add these for the % boosts

as for ranking speed ... once you are a true SSB (damage cap rating of 100%), it is less of an issue. the concern now is not the damage dealt by higher ranks, but rather the amount of energy they have access to. at rank 746 ... you can still badge down to rank 448 but can only be badged by up to rank 1243. a great range to pvp at ... hence my current rush on the killboards ... looks like i am the only mylarai on there ;)
Whilst it isn't as good as what it was, I am pretty okay with the E required to take me down. It held off a rank 1300+ today, with ease. Aye, halcyons aside, PvP is very nice at this rank range. I saw you blasting up the boards recently, way to go man. I was going to go for the boards, but I rapidly realised I didnt want to get top 10 and B it wouldn't really get me much

senatorhung's analysis: ship log showdown !; SSB strategy; leader in: Ancient Untouchables

I did some naughty things, and now they have put me in the Royal Asylum, based in Chesterton

Sat May 24, 2014 6:52 pm

Thought I would do an update, seeing as how it has been more than 100 ranks:

I have been ranking pretty fast, mainly from LMs, but also auto ranked the Dark Assembly bot mission, the Litheor chain and finished up the Raix chain.

Rank- 866 (+120)
Decks- 904 (+140)
Cargo- 45,670 (+15,560)
Engineers- 9,794 (+3512) Will get to 10K, then back to TOs
Tactical Officers- 9,500 (+1,498)
Helmsmen- 4,803 (+2227)
Scientists- 9,017 (+3,311)

This is my day to day set-up, when I PvP, NPC, Autorank or Scan my stats are majorly different.

Size Class: Massive Titan
Space: 904/904
Attack: 11,591 (+1959) NPC w. around 35K
Defense: 12,057 (+6617)
Scan: 918 (+65) Max scan at around 15K
Cloak: 1184 (+90)
Cargo: 37,108/45,670
Upkeep: 11.3B (+2B) but do have 3x Dark Assembly Bots now
Kronyn: Erudition. Getting medal done with..
Excavator: Artifact +10%

Battles- 545,046 (+123,772)
Player Kills- 2,968 (+357)
Deaths from Players- 333 (+59)
Non-Player Kills- 52,766 (+14,026)
Planets Found- 952 (+84)
Planets Occupied- 179 (+47)
Planets Captured- 195 (+38)
Missions Completed- 1335 (+298)
Scans Performed- 14,867 (+4314)
Successful Hacks- 3045 (+6)
Successful Raids- 3095 (+541)

Medal Points: 1315 of 2320

Hull- 36,164 un-buffed,
Shields- 12,260 un-buffed,
Damage cap- 452. Roughly 535 E to down me, hitting at cap

The above set up is my day to day and changes hugely depending on what I am doing.

Energy recharge rate- 180.
All Doms are done to Auto Blasters. 2/4 upgraded to Tri blaster.

Allies:

Anubix, AI Assault Drone: Rank: 100
Apparitious II, Bane Familiar: Rank: 100
Bainar, Systems Cracker: Rank: 100
Cuniculus, Lepus Adjutant: Rank: 100
Sehrin, Bioship Ally: Rank: 100
Thraccti, Scruuge Defector: Rank: 100

Mercenary Payment (Uses Left: 82) Got a few more coming in the next few days.

Productions:

Arti: 28,626
Mining: 29,535
Research: 23,818
Finished all research chains bar Topopolis rings & the second two rounds of Hyper Log

Anything else you want to know about my ship or play style, please feel free to ask :D :D :D

Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:09 pm

Do you scan til grey? If no what level do you scan until? My scan count is significantly lower as I have only ever scanned til grey twice. For every other run I have not done so, usually stopping at my first good invasion scan or a nice round number.

The Prisoner wrote:
You know something's wrong when the Trade Outpost sub-forum has the most interesting topics

Well it was an ill considered idea in the first place.

Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:57 pm

Serne wrote:
Do you scan til grey? If no what level do you scan until? My scan count is significantly lower as I have only ever scanned til grey twice. For every other run I have not done so, usually stopping at my first good invasion scan or a nice round number.

I always go till grey... I know it isn't the best way to spend the E, but I always think 'What if that next scan would have been a Dyson' and keep going.

Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:26 pm

And after my first acceptable invasion planet if I keep scanning I always think: if I stop and steal that now I am up for the day, and don't have to worry about any other acceptable invasion planet being temp fluxed during my cooldown. If I have annex decrees I may take the first I find, and then do more scanning later on in the day to find a second steal however that's an if but not an always. If there are unoccs on the way to my first acceptable invade for the day then I obviously take them however.

The Prisoner wrote:
You know something's wrong when the Trade Outpost sub-forum has the most interesting topics

Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:03 pm

how in cthulhu's name do you get 15k scan out of that ship

Stark Tech Inside

Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:37 pm

Peticks wrote:
how in cthulhu's name do you get 15k scan out of that ship

That is my absolute max (from what I remember, I may be a bit out). I am actually due a scan run soon, so I can show a breakdown of what I have on when I get through with that.

Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:18 pm

Explorer race would be a must at your deck count. 5x Continuum Analyzers, 3x titan proxys, Te'Vuls core boost, Have maxed zane ally? if yes that makes it easier. Henxicant maxed? If yes also makes it easier.

The Prisoner wrote:

Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2