View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Updated Umbongo Ship log (rank 866) 

Rank- 374
Decks- 383/392
Cargo- 15,670
Engineers- 2,962 (Can get max energy to ~5K when I re-jig modules)
Tactical Officers- 2,961
Helmsmen- 784
Scientists- 1,760

These figures change rapidly depending on what I am actually doing, I will go with my general set up for what I run most of the time:

Attack- 3,964 (Base attack, no weapons online, can get max Attack to ~10K)
Defense- 1,182 (Base defense, no defense online)
Scan- 31
Cloak-82
Upkeep- 1.5B
Konqul Fixer.

Ship Stats:

Battles- 106867 (Grand Legend)
Player Kills- 2020
Deaths - 120
NPC Kills- 7710
Planets Found- 501
Planets Occupied- 54
Planets Captured- 53
Missions Completed- 659
Scans Performed- 6717
Successful Hacks- 1007
Successful Raids- 1701

Medal Points: 665 of 1960

General ship build:

Weapons- Drone Cluster, Prototype Mech XV, Combat Analyzer
Energy- Exotic Dynamo, Omicron Injector, Chron-Transistor
Sensors- AI Supercomputer, Tachyon Router
Hull- Perfect Fermionic Armor x5, Kalvium Fortified Plating x2, BioMimetic Sealer II x4, Mylarai Plasma Lance x3, Korteth Plating x2, Silthion Exo-Plating, Protean Armory x2, Protean Arsenal, Impact Absorber
Shields- T.O. Heliofield (Fully upgraded), Q-Phase Battery Array, Field Balancer, Harmonic Resonator
Cloaking- Gamma Channeler
Defenses- Thrust Stabilizer, Subspace Compressor

Hull- 16,692 un-buffed, 25,038 buffed
Shield- 3,138 un-buffed, 6,277 buffed
Important to go with this- Dmg cap= 186. (533 energy to disable me when I am unbuffed and you don't use artis on me, 841 energy when I buff)

Energy re-charge rate= 84
3 of four Auto-blasters are done.
1 of 3 arsenals is completed

Allies:

Anubix, AI Assault Drone: Rank 4
Apparitious II, Bane Familiar: Rank 16
Sehrin, Bioship Ally: Rank 55

AP/h- 8,431 (got a few planets to build and can pump more out of my rift)
MP/h- 4,689
RP/h- 6,466

My productions (arti, always arti... it never even needs saying on hows my ship doing threads) need serious work, but that is one of my focuses atm.

Current list of goals (amongst many):
Upgrade hulls to Syncopated platings
Get my Gemini Cannons
Do the Lazuli and Taltherian Chains
Get 5K Kills and Raids
Get all Dominion cannons upgraded to Auto blasters and all Protean armories upgraded to Arsenals.

Currently having a mini freeze rank just to recover from Bane seasonal. Looking to get first Velox and Aegis during this period.

I didn't put all my offline mods, because it would take ages.

If you want any more info do not hesitate to ask.

Any advice that can be offered will be gladly received

I did some naughty things, and now they have put me in the Royal Asylum, based in Chesterton

Alumni of the Crimson Lances and Lords of Infinity

Rank 971, Strict SSB,Possibly the jazziest ship in the universe

Last edited by umbongo on Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:05 pm

I've always really admired people who have the patience and smarts to plan out a crunchy SSB. Well done, sir.

One comment about "arti, always arti" that you should keep in mind is that forumers have a much, much higher standard for what constitutes "good" production than other players. Judging from my daily probage, I'd say your production is better than most, perhaps the vast majority of players within 50 ranks. Of course you should always work to improve your artifact production regardless of how much you're making, but serious work? Eh, I wouldn't stress about it: as long as you're cognizant of it, working to improve on it, and making progress, it's all good.

My advice on arti production would be to tweak your rift (sweet find, btw) and invade/scan/trade new planets as they come along until you hit 10k per hour, then switch to excavator. You'll regain the hull you lost (and them some) faster than you know, and with each new planet you colonize, you'll be making just that much more.

Some other advice:
Given your attack and ship size, if you are going to be hunting Larva, make sure you have Continuum Analyzer IIIs researched. They are super expensive, but next to the Merged DataNode, I can't think of anything more deck-efficient. You can find the larva with just 1 Analyzer, 1 (upgraded) DataNode, 1 Cylinder, 1 Seeker, and a Beacon: 117 decks worth of space.

Depending on how efficient you want your hunt to be, you might want to just halc/amp the whole time and swap out your hull for a few bigger guns (variable deck space) and 3 Surge Plexus (60 decks total), too. It's not strictly necessary, but it will allow you to kill waaaay more NPCs for the energy spent -- given how many thousands of NPCs you will likely be going through, heavier attack + a few 5% bonuses will equate a lot of extra damage (and if you're going for "Seeing Red," it's a nice way to sneak in some buffs while chasing the medal).

I really can't think of anything else.

Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:24 pm

Thanks Pongo. It hasn't actually taken that much time, I got my one year medal last week I think but yeah planning is important for SSBs.

Aah right, maybe I have just got a warped view of arti productions from the forums and people I talk to who are in and around my rank but have twice the arti production.

Yeah, I think tweaking my rift could push another 1000 or so out of it. I have been grappling with the idea of Excavator for some time, but think I might wait to have Lazuli unlocked before I do change (although I know the temptation to be Lazuli Fixer will be very strong)

Done and done- I made sure I got Cont Analyzers knocked out pretty quickly. Expensive? You are telling me, they doubled my upkeep while I had a set on. Awesome advice though, didn't know I could hunt it with so few modules installed.

Yeah I will probably halc up for it, pull most of my hull off and swap it for guns just to down stuff quickly. I am about 200 shy of Seeing red so not sure. I might buff for Larva hunting, just so I can plough through so many more NPCs

Thanks for the advice :)

I did some naughty things, and now they have put me in the Royal Asylum, based in Chesterton

Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:32 pm

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=21143
Read the OP, the rest is meh.

Why do you need to be fixer or lazuli if you are already hard to kill as a SSB?

That's meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:00 pm

Tree7304 wrote:
http://galaxylegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=21143
Read the OP, the rest is meh.

Why do you need to be fixer or lazuli if you are already hard to kill as a SSB?

I saw that a fair while ago and in all honesty I wasn't sure whether to save for them but I was freezing anyway and had 40 or so lying around so thought I would just get them over and done with.

You can never be too hard to kill and I want to be a true PITA to kill so I can get in friendly wars with higher rankers :)

Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:38 pm

Nothing wrong with Tree's math as far as I can tell (just skimmed it, but he ain't no dummy), so if your goal is to wring out every. last. possible. point. of shield at every. single. point. of your development as a ship you might as well go with what he says... but man oh man, it was nice to get done with the Aegis sooner rather than later, and know none of my future XCharges were spoken for and that I'd never have to allot deck space for those modules again. Definitely more than one way of looking at this module/goal.

----

Another thing I just thought of regarding your larva hunt: if you have access to the Voliir Modulator - Mark II/(upgraded) Uldrinian Onxicant and you can fit 40 more decks, you can push your scan above 2,000 and search for Caelon as well, potentially killing two birds with one stone. Obviously space is at a major premium, and the Dark Smuggler goodies not as important to you... but if you find lengthy bouts of NPCing as tedious as I do, it might be worth trying to get both done with at the same time if possible.

Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:00 am

yeah ... upkeep on ths scanning mods is painful ... but i keep 'em around. gave up researched hull mods entirely (with 2 deep core neutroniums uninstalled) to keep under 2B daily upkeep ... so researching syncos might not be the most urgent priority.

giving up hull mods for scan meant that i got disabled twice yesterday ... but twas compensated by finding my first larva today. still running permanent 2k scan until i find Caelon ...

i have Aegis and Veloxes in cargo uninstalled.

maximizing allies with hull boosts is nice - Apparitious, Bainar and Sehrin are currently giving me 950 hull for zero space ... Bainar is at r23 .. Sehrin is at r51 ... Apparitious is capped.

i have the last 2 missions in the lazuli chain also on my list ... but i am holding off on that for the same reason ... temptation of lazuli fixer. i want to get my base hull up over 30k first before doing the exotica mission. then i will polish off Lazuli and then try to keep and hold Exotica solo before rank 500 ... if i can get my attack high enough to take it in the first plaace, of course.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:34 am
Profile WWW

I envy your ship, im sitting at rank 508 and see your on my bt regularly. I never even go near you, far too much of a pita to kill.

Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:20 am
Profile WWW

Pongoloid wrote:
Nothing wrong with Tree's math as far as I can tell (just skimmed it, but he ain't no dummy), so if your goal is to wring out every. last. possible. point. of shield at every. single. point. of your development as a ship you might as well go with what he says... but man oh man, it was nice to get done with the Aegis sooner rather than later, and know none of my future XCharges were spoken for and that I'd never have to allot deck space for those modules again. Definitely more than one way of looking at this module/goal.

----

Another thing I just thought of regarding your larva hunt: if you have access to the Voliir Modulator - Mark II/(upgraded) Uldrinian Onxicant and you can fit 40 more decks, you can push your scan above 2,000 and search for Caelon as well, potentially killing two birds with one stone. Obviously space is at a major premium, and the Dark Smuggler goodies not as important to you... but if you find lengthy bouts of NPCing as tedious as I do, it might be worth trying to get both done with at the same time if possible.

Yeah that is kind of my thinking, get them bought and done with, no future outlay then.

Cracking idea re: getting the Caelon, two birds with one rather handy stone. Will certainly use that little nugget of advice.

senatorhung wrote:
yeah ... upkeep on ths scanning mods is painful ... but i keep 'em around. gave up researched hull mods entirely (with 2 deep core neutroniums uninstalled) to keep under 2B daily upkeep ... so researching syncos might not be the most urgent priority.

giving up hull mods for scan meant that i got disabled twice yesterday ... but twas compensated by finding my first larva today. still running permanent 2k scan until i find Caelon ...

i have Aegis and Veloxes in cargo uninstalled.

maximizing allies with hull boosts is nice - Apparitious, Bainar and Sehrin are currently giving me 950 hull for zero space ... Bainar is at r23 .. Sehrin is at r51 ... Apparitious is capped.

i have the last 2 missions in the lazuli chain also on my list ... but i am holding off on that for the same reason ... temptation of lazuli fixer. i want to get my base hull up over 30k first before doing the exotica mission. then i will polish off Lazuli and then try to keep and hold Exotica solo before rank 500 ... if i can get my attack high enough to take it in the first plaace, of course.

Haha you seem to have all Te problems that I struggle with. ;-). Nice job on the lava and Bainar. I nearly have the badges, but way short on the medals. I'll drop you a P.M about exotica when I am on a computer... Got an idea you might be interested in. ;-).

NZL Sean wrote:
I envy your ship, im sitting at rank 508 and see your on my bt regularly. I never even go near you, far too much of a pita to kill.

Aaw shucks, you'll make me blush. No, seriously, thank you, it is nice to hear that my ship set up is having the desired effect.

Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:12 pm

For what it's worth, like Sean, you appear on my BT often too (iI'm about rank 560) and I'll usually just bump you off as it seems like a waste of energy. Now I've seen your stats, I was right :)

Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:45 pm

swinephil wrote:
For what it's worth, like Sean, you appear on my BT often too (iI'm about rank 560) and I'll usually just bump you off as it seems like a waste of energy. Now I've seen your stats, I was right :)

Haha thanks for bumping me Philus :-). I will keep an eye out and say hey if I spy you on my BT.

Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:39 pm

Well you're always on my BT and I have to say nice ship, definitely one of my "avoid" ships when I'm on a badge run.

As you said, more production is needed. You seem to have a good plan set out and you know what you are doing, keep it up.

One thing I'm working on and you should too is the CK69 assault sentry, that's an awesome mod to have especially on SSBs. Once you have that fully upgraded, your bane and anubix ranked up to 100, the veloxes and aegis... you'll have an incredible ship

Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:22 pm

whatisthis wrote:
Well you're always on my BT and I have to say nice ship, definitely one of my "avoid" ships when I'm on a badge run.

As you said, more production is needed. You seem to have a good plan set out and you know what you are doing, keep it up.

One thing I'm working on and you should too is the CK69 assault sentry, that's an awesome mod to have especially on SSBs. Once you have that fully upgraded, your bane and anubix ranked up to 100, the veloxes and aegis... you'll have an incredible ship

Yeah CK69 is a v tempting one but I am lacking in the medal points for it atm. Think all of those mods will go on my 'To get' list

Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:33 pm

Had a bad day and in my anger decided to Auto through the Talth chain.

65 ranks and an almost complete chain later... I instantly regret this decision.

Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:38 pm

aww.

well, it's not the end of the world. try not to be too hard on yourself. we've all done dumb things :D

Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:42 pm

Kara Thrace wrote:
aww.

well, it's not the end of the world. try not to be too hard on yourself. we've all done dumb things :D

Haha yeah. I can easily recover from it with a nice little rank freeze, whilst boosting some planets to 15X.

Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:53 pm

umbongo wrote:

65 ranks and an almost complete chain later... I instantly regret this decision.

i was tempted to do this around rank 350 ... and then i gave my head a vigorous shake.

i am still sehrin'ing my way up a rank a day ... but when sehrin is done at the end of this month, i will try to see if i can return to 1 rank every 2 days. i will eventually go taltherian .. but currently it makes more sense to go mylarai after kronyn to even up my project planets before i terraform / uplift them. since i have already focused on arti planets ... there aint much to talth. hopefully you can find some way to make it work for ya.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:51 am
Profile WWW

umbongo wrote:

That rank jump is going to suck at first, because you'll be meeting a lot of new friends on your BT who don't care about spending several hundred extra energy to disable an annoying little ship.

That being said, if you are a patient and methodical player, being a Taltherian is not a decision to regret at all -- and if yer freezing/ice fishing, what else are you gonna spend that excess 200 energy on every 40 hours? So long as you're uplifting with a purpose and accept Urbanization as a supplementary method of gaining artifact production/planet building (as opposed to faster and/or more important methods, such as scanning, trading, NPC'ing, etc.), it's a great trick to have up your sleeve. It will only make you stronger long term.

Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:14 pm

Pongoloid wrote:
umbongo wrote:

That rank jump is going to suck at first, because you'll be meeting a lot of new friends on your BT who don't care about spending several hundred extra energy to disable an annoying little ship.

That being said, if you are a patient and methodical player, being a Taltherian is not a decision to regret at all -- and if yer freezing/ice fishing, what else are you gonna spend that excess 200 energy on every 40 hours? So long as you're uplifting with a purpose and accept Urbanization as a supplementary method of gaining artifact production/planet building (as opposed to faster and/or more important methods, such as scanning, trading, NPC'ing, etc.), it's a great trick to have up your sleeve. It will only make you stronger long term.

Yeah having thought about it, it shouldn't be too bad after a week or two. Slowly boosting my arti prod w. Urbanize= more purgers= more planets scanned= more arti prod.

Just got to tough out the next couple of weeks

Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:01 pm

Rank 502 now and I am stopping here for a while.

Switched to Talth Excavator so bumping my arti prod and slowly inching myself back to my previous strength.

Completed a few goals as well

Current list of goals (amongst many):
Upgrade hulls to Syncopated platings- Completed
Get my Gemini Cannons
Do the Lazuli and Taltherian Chains- Completed Talth and 5/8 on Lazuli
Get 5K Kills and Raids
Get all Dominion cannons upgraded to Auto blasters and all Protean armories upgraded to Arsenals.

Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next