View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Now r600 review - open for suggestions 

Hi all,
I am looking for constructive suggestions how to improve my ship.

I reached rank 300 after playing GL for 525 days = I consider myself to be a slow ranker.
After rank 50 I decided to go for slow ranking approach & MSB due 1200 decks.
I plan to stay at 1200 decks till rank 600 (SSB).
I prefer PvP than NPCs. My approach to NPCs is "rather fishing than hunting".
Loyal to legion base w 80K+ Arti production w all CTlab discoveries (20) - approx 4 months.
Spent no money yet on GP, got my mission Exotic w rings already VM and one Scruuge Hypernode.
Some mixed info:
Working on PvP goals, modules Cybernetic Link Interface (1x) and Merged DataNode (at 200%).
Hoarding Lazuli Parts Vault (Uses Left: 45), Tri-Matrix Emblem (Uses Left: 79) & Energy Cube (Uses Left: 19).
Max energy bar 2287, recharge: 60/hour.
Rank points usage: 1E:4TO (rankup) and 1E:5TO (from prisoners)

If any info missing, let me know, will update this post.

Ship stats

Anubix, AI Assault Drone has Rank: 35
For the modules, all what I do not use, I let to be "broken" to minize the upkeep.

Weapons not installed: unless attempting invasion
2x Atmospheric Decimator
1x Composite Ray - Type S
1x Hypercharged Bane Emitter
1x Overcharged Bane Emitter
3x Lazuli Mind Controller

Defenses / Shields not installed:
Auto-Evasion Node
Scruuge X-Deflector
T.O. Heliofield
Silthion T-Phase Utricle
4x Dark Phase Engine
4x Sha'din Forcevoider
3x BM50 Convoy Shuttle
4x Dark Complex Thruster
2x T.O. Force Barrier
4x T.O. Harmonic GigaPulser

Hull not installed: unless on vacation
4x BioMimetic Sealer II
4x Silthion Exo-Plating
Energy modules not installed unless rank up:
2x Q-Pedd Logic Servo
2x Drannik Power Core
2x Encephalon Core
4x XRP Battery Pack
3x Surge Plexus
2x Intra-D Collider - Mark IV

Devices not installed:
1x Litheor Data Interface
4x Sha'din Hypergrid Core
2x Stryll Prey Tracker
3x Tetra-Seek Targeter

Medal points
I have 530 MP - 20 short due unfinished Lone Conqueror medal.
On my "to do" list are medals:
01. The Lone Conqueror 8 / 15
02. Larva. Why'd it have to be Larva?
03. The Elusive Smuggler
04. Seeing Red 328 / 500
05. Hacker vs Hacker 0 / 900 - plan to be Kronyn Hacker
06. Black Hat 1407 / 2600
07. My Cargo Runneth Over 2761 / 5000
08. King of the Hill 2.0 - looking for help
09. The Omniscient 545 / 750
10. Shared Adventures 2 / 25
11. Choices, choices. 6 / 8

Done w:
Back on your feet, Soldier; Eureka!; She Blinded Me With Research; Equal Opportunity;
Worker's Comp; Clear Skies; Deep Meditation etc.

Research done - wanna to slow rank thru energy donations for lvl 8 base eventually:

Last edited by Flux on Wed May 27, 2015 8:28 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:31 pm

Looking good- keep scanning those bases! :D

Recommendation- get max hull research done as soon as possible.

For Hacker vs Hacker- I'd recommend Drannik hacker over Kronyn- I know that's what I'm going to do.

Oh, and install better relays. Since you have hyperchannel researched- use them.

Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:57 pm

Flux wrote:
Hi all,

My constructive suggestion would be...

Quit wasting ur time and start playing the game.. cause with 605 E bar at rank 300 its just pointless to play..

Hope this helps bud.. :D

- Forum topics are not the proper place to bring up inter-legion conflicts.

Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:02 pm

Rambojr wrote:
Flux wrote:
Hi all,

My constructive suggestion would be...

Quit wasting ur time and start playing the game.. cause with 605 E bar at rank 300 its just pointless to play..

Hope this helps bud.. :D

Slow Rankers don't need high energy bars, ya know...

But yeah, you're energy bar has GOTTA go up. I have 10x your energy, and I don't think mine is particularly high for my rank- which you of course know from the legion tab lol. @Flux/Parom

Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:03 pm

Rambojr wrote:

thx Rambojr, just updated the original post with energy info.
Max energy bar 2287, recharge: 60/hour (both grows slowly as I would like to have more TOs)

Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:11 pm

Start colonizing good artifact planets. Try getting at least 180 arti production off of each of them.
Abandon all of your non mega rich volcanics or barrens and buy or steal maxed toxics.

And if you don't hack much, then attack and def mods should take priority over scan and cloak when it comes to your normal build.

Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:22 pm

XxMercasterxX wrote:
Start colonizing good artifact planets. Try getting at least 180 arti production off of each of them.
Abandon all of your non mega rich volcanics or barrens and buy or steal maxed toxics.

And if you don't hack much, then attack and def mods should take priority over scan and cloak when it comes to your normal build.

i would make an exception for a merged data node though :P

Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:45 pm

Sasami wrote:
XxMercasterxX wrote:

i would make an exception for a merged data node though :P

My normal build includes it but with his stats, the merged datanode won't boost up his def by much.

On another note, why have Silthion T-Phase Utricles online while having Dark Phase Engines offline?

Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:23 pm

Wow... 525 days and that's where you're at?
I'd suggest lots more energy, use relays, scan LOTS more, get arti, do stuff.

You've been playing long enough to know that base production should be irrelevant...
80k AP per day should mean nothing after 525 days, it *should* be just a tiny fraction of your daily production.

Anyway, good luck with your slow ranking, hope you are having fun

Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:26 am

Yea, I don't think slow ranking is working for you Flux, you need a lot more arti production for it to really help. We use to be close to the same rank and I thought with your planet trading you arti production would be much higher.

But anyways, apart from getting that arti higher, I'd recommend completing your hull research, maybe you have, if so install them. And with all those player kills, how come you dont have least auto blasters, maybe tris?? You could drop some of the sensors to get more deck space, those 4 parsers are 120 decks, some more defence would help.

Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:35 am

First, thanks for your thoughts, bellow some comments from me:

XxMercasterxX wrote:
Abandon all of your non mega rich volcanics or barrens and buy or steal maxed toxics. -->what you consider as good arti planet? I have 23 arti planets, but 7 only are >180a production. Majority is ER->R and waiting to me be a Talth. I have 1 volcanic and 1 barren planet, which are both waiting for some GP. On other side I have 11 toxics, 9 already maxed.

Well, I am at 1419 hacks and plan to get to 2600 as per listed to-do medals in OP. I hoarded 2K+ TMs, just targets are few if I follow the badge only rule. After that raids will remain from PvP and thus att&def build in on schedule next. If I will find larva and smuggler.

XxMercasterxX wrote:
My normal build includes it but with his stats, the merged datanode won't boost up his def by much.
On another note, why have Silthion T-Phase Utricles online while having Dark Phase Engines offline?

Merged datanode is on the to-do list.
Silthion T-Phase size/hull ratio is 6.2
Dark Phase Engines 20/150 = 7.5 --> switched, forgot to check the ratio after I got them, THX

Deigobene wrote:
Wow... 525 days and that's where you're at?
I'd suggest lots more energy, use relays, scan LOTS more, get arti, do stuff. -relays are on, check pic, scanning just started after the last tier scanners researched... rest is so not concrete, that is hard for me to comment.
You've been playing long enough to know that base production should be irrelevant... Actually after loosing some planets, I think base production is still a good bonus for me.
80k AP per day should mean nothing after 525 days, it *should* be just a tiny fraction of your daily production. --> any value to compare? I was hoping in some production values from players with same rank/planet number. I know, my ap is low, but not sure how much.

Anyway, good luck with your slow ranking, hope you are having fun
actually I play only because I enjoy it - for relax, many ranked up higher and faster but only got more reasons to worry and do not excel in PvP at all. There is not much 1k+ ranked which are done with all PvP medals. On other side, there are players at rank 1000 in <365 days.
Once done w PvP medals, gonna NPC/mission more, but not doing 10-20K clicks in daily npc run.

swinephil wrote:
Yea, I don't think slow ranking is working for you Flux, you need a lot more arti production for it to really help. We use to be close to the same rank and I thought with your planet trading you arti production would be much higher.
You started 100 days earlier than I, planet trading income went to TMs and storage planets etc plus after the empire start to fall apart I was drifting long to find a new home legion not sure if I quit GL or not. Daily battles cost more than upkeep, thus bought some toxics. Also some trades went wrong.
But anyways, apart from getting that arti higher, I'd recommend completing your hull research, maybe you have, if so install them. And with all those player kills, how come you dont have least auto blasters, maybe tris?? You could drop some of the sensors to get more deck space, those 4 parsers are 120 decks, some more defence would help.
Red badges, approx 500 went to base locks recently, but still at Red Badges: 1297. Bonus 2K hull for 500M upkeep sounds challenging. If I drop sensors, I can forget about finding larva and smuggler.

Again I appreciate all thoughts, some I already considered. Any comparison of crew maybe?

Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:12 pm

Flux wrote:
80k AP per day should mean nothing after 525 days, it *should* be just a tiny fraction of your daily production. --> any value to compare? I was hoping in some production values from players with same rank/planet number. I know, my ap is low, but not sure how much.

I am not to far behind you in terms of rank / days played >> 264 / 495

planet break down :
mining : 9, 3 are maxe toxics, the others i can drop when something better comes along.
research : 8, 1 colossal 17x plasma with large moons that i won from a legion contest :D
artifact : 48 terras.. lots and lots of terras, with a couple of massive / very massive oceans, nothing below large and rich

Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:22 pm

Sasami wrote:
artifact : 48 terras.. lots and lots of terras, with a couple of massive / very massive oceans, nothing below large and rich

well, 48 terras, lot to catch up, I am at 8 terras, 7 icys, 3 crystals.
all scanned by you or bought?

Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:41 pm

sorry its 48 artifact planets total :P but 16 terras, and some scanned by me, others were given, have not bought any planets yet.

Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:26 pm

If you want to be a slow ranker, you should get planets that are fit for a slow ranker.

For arti planets I currently don't take anything less than
VM - Rich
M - Very rich
VL - Very rich
L - Extremely rich
Avg - 1x mega rich
Small - 3x mega rich
My standards for arti planets may get higher as I rank up though.

I've scanned a lot though and have more planets to choose from than you do.

Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:11 pm

XxMercasterxX wrote:
If you want to be a slow ranker, you should get planets that are fit for a slow ranker.

For arti planets I currently don't take anything less than
VM - Rich 1x
M - Very rich 4x
VL - Very rich 8x
L - Extremely rich 4x
Avg - 1x mega rich
Small - 3x mega rich
My standards for arti planets may get higher as I rank up though.

I've scanned a lot though and have more planets to choose from than you do.

Thanks, numbers are were I am, but I am short on TFO. So said, due shortage of artis, what is better - defend them, cloak them or just go for max production and risk loosing them one day?
I personally def 20K+ or cloak them, but that cut the production a lot.

Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:28 pm

We startes on the same day

Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:48 pm

Defend your planets but don't go overboard on def. A good planet is meant for good production. What's the point in having it if you can get more arti from an inferior undefended planet that's meant for pure production?

Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:49 pm

Hi Flux, found my rank 300 stats to compare for you.
Crew: TO's = 2777, Eng = 910, Helms = 313, Sci = 1213
Production: Mining = 4093, Arti = 7503, Research = 5994

Re planet defence, most of the ones you mentioned previously, I wouldnt bother defending, expect maybe the 3x arti, and even that with maybe just nominal obv shield or 2. I think more production is more valuable and to be honest I havent lost very many at all.

Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:58 pm

Location: Somewhere trying to find a way to increase the use of Time Manipulators.
Stop slow ranking if you see very little of improvement.

Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:41 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next