View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Now r600 review - open for suggestions 

ShadowsPoison wrote:
Deigobene wrote:
I will accentuate the positive only.
Good work on increasing your engineers and energy by a considerable amount over the last 50 ranks/almost 4 months.

Are you gonna give him a participation medal too?
"Good job on sitting on 60k ctps worth of artis"

I'm guessing the phrase "damning with faint praise" is not one you are familiar with ;)

Nonetheless, increasing his energy from the previous dire levels is a definite step in the right direction.

Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:13 am

This week was busy in RL, was not aware that anyone commented here. Thx for all comments!
I play for fun.

Flux wrote:
Artifact production 12455/H (+1704 w 3 project planets in progress)

already indicated in previous post - working on several project planets with aim to raise my AP/hour, but can comment with details:
I plan to use my Chronofield Projector on MC 22MR Oceanic, which is not a project planet to be done in a week (for me). I bought in auction recently from Bonny VL Icy w Large moons (takes time as well to find a good planet in offer and to win the auction) and bought for it 1 QSE (not many folks willing to travel and sell only one QSE as two of my GP traders went inactive). 1 QSE in my cargo is not there as it was already used to make Icy to VM (I got this Icy in my possession two days after the r450 post).
TDs are good also on Icy planets and for invincible is best to have all resources up before melting. Being Kronyn hunting a little NPCs for Hacker vs Hacker raise number of disabled NPCs which may show more T.O. Troop Carrier and other .. anyway working on maxing arti and res on the project planet. Meanwhile I am really not complaining about RNG with NPCs nor overall. And I also like, that I dont spend hours clicking buttons in GL for disabling 2000+ NPCs daily...
That said TDs are not in my cargo as well.
Enumaration crystals - 3 project planets equals minimum 15 enu crystals needed to max the planet arti production leaving 9 crystals free for trading or in case of bad luck or no patience with TDs to finish the mentioned MC22 (which is now 6MR arti -> 6+9 is 15, then +5 ecu, then melting).
The remaining two VM project planets - one was delivered 3 days after the r450 post and took some months till a Talth player raised the arti production. Other uplift is still work in progress...

Tree7304 wrote:
When I open caches, I will literally collect more arti points in 1 day than you have in your entire time of playing.

Why is your arti so bad?

well, originally I did collect crappy planets to quickly fill up the planet slots, so got 30+ planets I would not want today - I was wrongly instructed to focus on mining regardless of planet size in my very first legion I was in (long time dead research base). As I do not spend money on GP and in my country can not collect Swag Bucks, I can purge only slowly as I happen to get GP from daily (4-5 times so far). I am aware, how hard would be to get a very nice AP/hour for my rank, so I do not dream to have a record production so I dont chase after this goal. Anyway quite time consuming to get thru a daily 350K arti shipment incl base and use all stuff I got each one by one (missing the use all button). Would hate to click use arti one by one from daily 3M arti shipment honestly.

Flux wrote:
05. Taltherian Chain - autorank using some of Tri-Matrix Emblems

- for the ranking and energy. Raising my rank thru autoranking has two negative points in my view:
1) my low AP/hour will be ever more not enough in case of quick jump of 100+ ranks.
2) my energy bar is not fitting for autoranking - result of the fact, that I prefer PvP medals more than missions/NPCs (but not aiming for board)
Till I finish the above mentioned project planets to raise my AP a little (or more) I am working on the listed goals including Talth - using cubes to speed up, but will not go for wasting them inefficiently. ( Empty Arrival 5/10 meanwhile).

Seeing that all suggestion for PvP arena or similar are not implemented, I will at 10K TOs (now 9110) change the ratio to 2:3 or 3:2 Eng vs TOs so I can do LMs easier. Seeing the number of resets and decreasing number of GL players I would not like to go for autoranking, taking 200+ AP planets mainly to find mysel of top but lonely. This is a game for me, not sport competition or life goal.

NB: I think all reasonable records in the game were already reached in 4 years - energy bar, PvP board, first with this or that, some players w average 700AP/planet etc. While the number of players will not raise to 10K+ I see not point to put extra effort in GL as it can end suddenly being not profitable for Dan at one point.

Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:03 am

Flux,

Just a neutral comment here. I am glad you are playing but if you really don't think the game will continue, or that there are good odds it is in decline and don't want to spend time making big improvements...why ask for advice? You could simply do what you're doing, hit the goals you have set and so forth.

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:50 am

juiceman wrote:
Flux,

Just a neutral comment here. I am glad you are playing but if you really don't think the game will continue, or that there are good odds it is in decline and don't want to spend time making big improvements...why ask for advice? You could simply do what you're doing, hit the goals you have set and so forth.

because the game changes, e.g. Uldri vs Talth and it is never bad to see if my goals should not change too. The point is, that I have time to play, but not so much as during studies, so I set my game goals accordingly to my priority of RL vs GL. Plus you never known, whether a big turn in game to better will not happen (use all button, PvP arena, extension GL II, open to mobile platform, collection items etc.) and from many games I find GL very interesting due it complexity, idea and growing content.

on other side, there are players, who have more time to play but spend less time to think what&how links in GL... I brought to GL one player (now r130 trying to catch up w me) and your comments/criticism may be very helpful.
others can decide to do things better than me by learning from my mistakes or to put different priority list. For me personally it is record of what I did till now and comments provide option what to do next as my own goals are one by one slowly achieved. I am fully aware, that in 2+ years I could be rank 2K+, have everything unlocked, but what would remain for the next months? I see it as eating candies from X-mass calendar - I can eat it all or take a piece each day. Or reading a saga - I can finish it in a week and only read books entire week and then put them aside OR I accept, that doing all other RL stuff it might take me months to finish the reading.
In case I will reach a point to burn energy in LMs/base upgrade will remain I will quit GL. My approach only delays my run thru the game and eventual quit while the game content is slowly growing - and I did not find a replacement game so far.

Other way around, is there anywhere in this huge forum a post referring what is the suggested list of achievements per rank/time played?

Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:39 am

Glad you have fun Flux, that is definitely the main thing.

I wouldn't worry too much about posts about what you should have done by a certain rank or days played.
You play differently to others, so it's not really going to be too relevant I suspect.

What I would advise is that you increase your scanning frequency.
At TWH we really drum home the importance of that, so even long term slower ranking members reap the benefits of 22x MC unoccupieds and dysons ... both in the last week.

I'd also suggest thinking seriously about that idea of autoing talth, especially with your relatively low current arti levels and slower style of play.

600 is a better place to take it slow, especially if you are using talth to even out resources and pumping up awesome project planets at the same time.
900 is much better again but little steps for you :) Great that you are already increasing energy for LMs.

A bonus of moving up is that you will probably find more PvP targets due to the increasing average rank of the majority of players.

Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:15 am

Location: Where are the QSES? AMIRITE??? AMIRITE???Who is "the fly"?!How long can you make this?
Deigobene wrote:
ShadowsPoison wrote:
Deigobene wrote:
I will accentuate the positive only.
Good work on increasing your engineers and energy by a considerable amount over the last 50 ranks/almost 4 months.

Are you gonna give him a participation medal too?
"Good job on sitting on 60k ctps worth of artis"

I'm guessing the phrase "damning with faint praise" is not one you are familiar with ;)

Nonetheless, increasing his energy from the previous dire levels is a definite step in the right direction.

Don't pick up on that type of stuff through text, honestly looks like you were playing cheerleader to me

Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:48 am

ShadowsPoison wrote:
Don't pick up on that type of stuff through text, honestly looks like you were playing cheerleader to me

:roll: Hence why I guessed you were not familiar with this concept:
Quote:
Damning with faint praise is an English idiom for words that effectively condemn by seeming to offer praise which is too moderate or marginal to be considered praise at all. In other words, this phrase identifies the act of expressing a compliment so feeble that it amounts to no compliment at all, or even implies a kind of condemnation.

To break it down for you:
Starts by saying will only accentuate the positive.
Lists one item.
That one item is of very marginal achievement, over a long period of time.

Far from cheerleading... kinda like slow hand claps are not really applause.

Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:15 am

Location: Where are the QSES? AMIRITE??? AMIRITE???Who is "the fly"?!How long can you make this?
Deigobene wrote:
ShadowsPoison wrote:

:roll: Hence why I guessed you were not familiar with this concept:
Quote:
Damning with faint praise is an English idiom for words that effectively condemn by seeming to offer praise which is too moderate or marginal to be considered praise at all. In other words, this phrase identifies the act of expressing a compliment so feeble that it amounts to no compliment at all, or even implies a kind of condemnation.

To break it down for you:
Starts by saying will only accentuate the positive.
Lists one item.
That one item is of very marginal achievement, over a long period of time.

Far from cheerleading... kinda like slow hand claps are not really applause.

I am aware of the concept....
I said I didn't pick up on it. Thank you for the English lesson though

See?

Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:31 pm

I am a total fan of playing how you like. I should have reset hundreds of ranks ago, but said efff that , lets forge ahead. Being different won;t necessarily lead to the fountain of brilliance, but it could lead to a fun divergence from the norm. I guess in short, flux is doing what he like and I'm glad he is interested enough to ask questions and raise issues. This forum, in the best sense, is a discussion of the mind and what could be....the game has hard limits..our imagination has none.

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:58 am

Update:
I reached rank 500 after playing GL for 859 days. 1,718 days/rank (small speed up)

I want to mention right at the beginning, I do not like the idea of ranking thru missions or similar, because my stats grow during last 50 ranks (36days) significantly less than during previous 50 ranks (122days = slow ranking). This did happen due to 172K energy spend on Taltherian chain which has approx 2.6 xp/e ratio at beginning and still 232K energy to go :? Seems so, that my original understanding of cons from fast ranking can not be balanced out so easily. Imagine what autoranking does.

After last 50 ranks I got to:
Modules: Cybernetic Link Interface 200% (+50%), Nanite Re-Assembler 200%, Merged DataNode 500%,
2x Q-Pedd Assembly Line 2.0, 4th Havoc Coils (+1), 2x Dormant Tenebris Relic, Crimson Intelligence, T.O. Heliofield 40% (+40%), 4 Composite Ray-S ,
2nd Annex Decree (+1), 1st Sniper Drone, CK69 Assault Sentry (375% Upgrade), 3x Dominion Tri-Blaster - 4th WIP (wrong click, burned reds on Mark III cannon :/)
Allies:
Anubix, AI Assault Drone r100
Sehrin, Bioship Ally r11

Hoarding: Lazuli Parts Vault 103 (+12), Tri-Matrix Emblem 101 (-17) & Energy Cube 0 (-8).
Silthion Energy Sac 10 (-56) -> spending 8 Energy Cubes, 17 Tri-Matrix Emblems and 56 Sacs mainly on bloody Talth chain = approx 130K (and it is boring)
Max energy bar 5155, recharge: 75/hour. (+ 296 e)

Change:
Rank points used per new ratio 2:3 (4 Engineers vs 6 Tactical Officers) after I did hit 10000 TOs and 2501 Engineers.
Got additional 700 rank points = 14.6/rank (before 35.26)
Attack +1108 ( 3% from Anubix)
Defense +1928 ( 4% Datanode, 3x Velox)
Hull +4294 ( +11731 before; 600 from Nanite Re-Assembler)
Shields +1005 (+2476 before)
Total crew +2932 = +314 Engineers, +1146 TOs, +600 Helmsmen, +873 Scientists
(before: +7792= +726 Engineers, +2799 TOs, +1544 Helmsmen, +2723 Scientists)
Artifact production 15517/H (+3062 w some project planets in progress)
From +2112 NPC kills, I got 1 Dark Arms Carriers w 1 KTs & 1 Troop Carriers w 1 TD, +6 Toxic Purifiers

Now working on: Echoes from Taltheria 3/10 (?) and Decrypting the Vault 5/10.

Research tree:
Weapons - next to research Null Rays (not a priority)
Power - Proxy-Universe Reactions done
Shield - Force Obviation Fields done 1/3
Cloak - Inverse Flux Jamming done 1/3
Hull - done Syncopated Phase Matter 3/3
Defense - Phase Shifting at 0/3
Sensor - Continuum Analysis 3/3
Planetary - Topopolis Rings 0/1
Logistics - Hyper Logistics 18M to 2/3

Medal points +105
On my "to do" list are medals:
01. Doorbuster Sale - missing only Litheor
02. Black Hat 2577 / 2600
03. Hacker vs Hacker 519 / 900 (+500)
04. The Omniscient 678 / 750
05. Taltherian Chain - using some of Tri-Matrix Emblems
06. King of the Hill 2.0 - looking for help
07. Dark Whispers
08. If you want something done right... 21/30 (+5)
09. Choices, choices. 6 / 8

Done w:
The Erudite; View from up high; Planetary Harvest; Welcome to the Team; Close Encounters;
A long road to get here; My Cargo Runneth Over; Shared Adventures;
The Lone Conqueror; The Elusive Smuggler; Larva. Why'd it have to be Larva?; Seeing Red;
Back on your feet, Soldier; Eureka!; She Blinded Me With Research; Equal Opportunity;
Worker's Comp; Clear Skies; Deep Meditation etc.[/quote]

Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:37 am

decent arti progress, but still needs much work

otherwise fine, although i have no clue why you would be sitting on 600+ silvers, or dark badges, or, most importantly, relic badges

Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:08 am

Spock for Captain wrote:
decent arti progress, but still needs much work

otherwise fine, although i have no clue why you would be sitting on 600+ silvers, or dark badges, or, most importantly, relic badges

thx, working on the mentioned project planets, will take a while but now "only" to collect the artis for them.

600+silvers - planning to buy barrier nexus per this planet build plans, already got extra 1300+ arti/h by following this on all my crap and good enough planets.
see sheet 1 http://goo.gl/P9LK0U

Dark badges - collecting for Quantum Accelerators, these will be placed among last
Relic badges - still not sure, if I want to buy Cognizant Omniforge(s) or save up for the ally.

Last edited by Flux on Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:09 am

Doesn't even look like you are playing to me but wtf do i know :p

Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:57 am

Update:
I reached rank 600 after playing GL for 1,026 days. 1,71 days/rank.

I see no point of update each 50 ranks. I do not use $, all GP items are traded or from RNG/Earn GP offers.
Looking forward to new NPCs. Increasing decks per space needed for scan modules.

Allies:
Anubix, AI Assault Drone r100
Bainar, Systems Cracker r100
Sehrin, Bioship Ally r42

Stashed:
Lazuli Parts Vault (Uses Left: 82)
Tri-Matrix Emblem (Uses Left: 97)
Silthion Energy Sac (Uses Left: 7)
Energy Cube 0
Crimson Cluster Missile (Uses Left: 11)
Stryll Seeker (Uses Left: 152)
The Glaviz Device (Uses Left: 3)

Max energy bar 8528, recharge: 75/hour. (+ 3373 e)

Change:
Rank points used approx per ratio 2:3 (4 Engineers vs 6 Tactical Officers) since I did hit 10000 TOs and 2501 Engineers.
Got additional 3592 rank points = 35.9/rank
Attack +4672 ( 3% from Anubix)
Defense +3975 ( 4% Datanode, 1x Velox, 1x 100% Trans-Entropy Drive - Mark III)
Hull +12458 ( uninstalled 5x Perfect Syncopated Plating, 4x Silthion Exo-Plating, 4x Scythe Plating, 4x BioMimetic Sealer II, 2x Korteth Plating)
Shields +6475 (160% T.O. Heliofield)
Total crew +15564 = +2874 Engineers, +4310 TOs, +3291 Helmsmen, +5089 Scientists

Artifact production 30068/H (+14551 w Excavator: Artifact +10%)

Now working on: Talth chain done, thinking about Litheor, VARA interface, then Pawlacite Chain, Silthion Hybrids/Trellith Chain - open to suggestions

Medal points +105
On my "to do" list are medals:
01. King of the Hill 2.0 - looking for help
02. Dark Whispers
03. Choices, choices. 6 / 8
--> running out from goals

Done w:
The Urbane, The Omniscient, If you want something done right..., Restraining Order, A Worthy Participant,
Lepus Disruption, Hidden Hands, Empty, the opposite of full, Hacker vs Hacker, Black Hat, Menacing Hijack, Doorbuster Sale,
The Erudite; View from up high; Planetary Harvest; Welcome to the Team; Close Encounters;
A long road to get here; My Cargo Runneth Over; Shared Adventures;
The Lone Conqueror; The Elusive Smuggler; Larva. Why'd it have to be Larva?; Seeing Red;
Back on your feet, Soldier; Eureka!; She Blinded Me With Research; Equal Opportunity;
Worker's Comp; Clear Skies; Deep Meditation etc.

Wed May 27, 2015 8:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3