View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
 My ship log 

Hey guys this is my ship! What dia ya guys think? Critics and Advice will be considered

GrimRipper
the Elder
Rank 100 Konqul Fixer
Xeno Labs (51)
Combat Reputation: Laughable

Size Class: Light Battleship
Space: 327 / 352
Attack: 1018
Defense: 723
Scan: 6
Cloak: 45
Cargo: 2076 / 2850
Upkeep: 6.1M

Battles 8954 (Master)
Player Kills 134
Deaths from Players 192
Non-Player Kills 565
Planets Found 175
Planets Occupied 21
Planets Captured 8
Missions Completed 138
Scans Performed 382
Successful Hacks 116
Successful Raids 103

ARMAMENTS:
Weapons Heavy Quantum Devastator x3, Dominion Cannon - Mark II, Psionic Amplifier, Crimson Auto-Laser, Prototype Mech
xv
Energy Surge Plexus, Drannik Power Core, Omicron Injector
Sensors AI Supercomputer
Hull Merged Nexus Armor, Vortul Plating, BioMimetic Sealer II, Protean Armory
Shields Harmonic Resonator
Cloaking Zolazin Jammer
Defenses Spacial Thrusters - Mark III, Dark Ring Thruster x4, BM50 Convoy Shuttle
UNINSTALLED STUFFS:
CipherBot
Sha'din Supercomputer
Stryll Hunt Sensor
Tetra-Seek Targeter
Positron Relays x4
Stryll Transponder x2

STATS:
352 Decks
2850 Cargo
700 Engineers
194 Tactical Officers
204 Helmsmen
256 Scientists

PRODUCTION:
1168 research / hour
1047 minerals /hour
468 artifacts / hour

RESEARCH:
Micro Singularities 0/3
Singularity Control 0/4
Meta-Chron Fields 1/3
Subspace Jammig 0/3
Neutronium 0/3
Quantum Overlays 0/3
X-Manifold Sensing 0/3
Stellar Engineering 0/3
Sub-Quantum Logistics 0/3

Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:23 pm

Your ship is a glass cannon that lacks a good crew and artifact production. Also, the legion you are in is making you fall behind everyone else in ship strength. Your PvP stats are below average of many other ships I have seen. You've also focused way too much on npcing too early. That made your ship weaker because doing this made your ship rank faster. You have wasted your red badges on a dominion cannon II. You are far behind everyone who has been collecting artifacts there whole life.

1. Go find a artifact base legion.
2. Slowly rank and kill off the weakest of the weak.
3.Get more crew and more hull.

Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:17 pm

The Dominion mk2 is a misclick. I want to buy ExoClamps but after buying one the page goes up and I accidently bought the dom

Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:24 pm

Well then, becareful where you click next time. Common sense. I'll never know if you really did this or not. Therefore, my statement still stands that you wasted your red badges.

Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:36 am

Gee ludis, your not one for the soft touch, how about we see your ship log? ;)

Having said that some of the points that he made in a less than helpfull way hold water. You do need to focus on upping your arti, not least because more arti = more purgers. More purgers = more scan runs. More scan runs = more arti. As soon as this cycle starts it accelerates. Giving it a push in the right direction allows you to start upping your arti quicker.

A research legion honestly is something I would advise against in terms of ship growth. Because at rank 100 and even up till rank 400ish I would say base production plays a major role in your daily production. You currently have 468 artifact points per hour equating to 11,232 artifact points a day. Todays base production here was something north of 70,000 artifact points. So you would roughly octuple, nice word, your daily artifact production by going to a arti based legion. This increases purgers, increases prisoners yada yada yada...

HOWEVER, the most important thing is to be in a legion you enjoy. That doesn't mean xenolabs must be stuck in as im sure there are lots of other good legions out there, COUGH COUGH Chesterton Royal Academy COUGH, but if you find a legion boring/not nice to be in then its not worth sticking in purely to up your production.

IF YOU DONT LIKE TO PVP THEN THAT IS OK!
Not everyone enjoys pvping. Red badges especialy are something you needn't worry about as the cannons provide no unique effects, aside from the tri blaster whichs effect is only usefull if hunting for red badges...

Yellows are a bit trickyer to ignore. The protean armories and arsenals are most certainly worth getting in my opinion as they increase base raid chances, upping the number of crates and thus crystals you gain.
The ck69 assult sentry is also nice when fully upgraded, the 6% hull bonus being particulary good.

Blue badges, I would say that the sentry frame and upgrades are worth getting for scan, as is the bainair hower the cypherbots are worth ignoring unless you enjoy hacking.

However if you want to ignore these moduels entirely then it wont adversely effect your ship too much.

Only 4 things I would state matter when it comes to research for your ship. Weapons, to improve invasion attack chances. Energy, to gain relays providing more energy per day. Sensors, to scan for more arti worlds. Planet structures, to get the most production out of said arti worlds. I would focus research in these 4 core areas, neglecting the others if nessesary.

Stark Tech Inside

Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:32 am

Desperate times calls for desperate measures. That is why I humiliate to motivate people. It's that kind of push, similar to teaching a kid how to ride a bike without training wheels, that brings out this kind of motivation.

Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:42 am

I also found a 5xMR Arti VT Exotic, but its too highly defended

Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:06 am

GrimRipper wrote:

Purge all enemy planets you cannot obtain. I learned that from a slow ranker named Repilaters on one of his comms on another ship.

Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:11 am

Ludis wrote:
GrimRipper wrote:

Purge all enemy planets you cannot obtain. I learned that from a slow ranker named Repilaters on one of his comms on another ship.

Depends if they are sellable or not. A little ctp in the beginning goes a long way too

Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:20 am

Ludis wrote:
GrimRipper wrote:

In keeping with your "tough love" approach to humiliating/giving advice Ludis, don't be such a freaking idiot!

GrimRipper, either alert the planet to your legion mates or keep it for yourself later.
If it gets purged in the meantime, then you are no worse off than if you followed Ludis' ridiculously bad advice, except you have saved yourself a purger.

Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:35 am

If his legion mates can't get the planet either or want to get zeroed and waste their time getting a planet they can't get, then be my guest. Ain't nobody got time for that. It'll take a real long time and a lot of time to just get the planet. Why would anybody with a good artifact planet want to sell their planets for CTP. Don't they want to keep their artifact production more than 50x their rank? Your still wasting your chances to scan for better planets if you keep that planet and even if your legion mate gets to own it too.

PS To deigo. I'm a felon unleashed and we don't like you wild hunts. The war continues between us. Remember that.

Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:33 pm

Ludis wrote:
Desperate times calls for desperate measures. That is why I humiliate to motivate people. It's that kind of push, similar to teaching a kid how to ride a bike without training wheels, that brings out this kind of motivation.

Everyone responds differently to different types of motivation, but appealing to a neutral party via facts is more effective than appealing to emotion (i.e. through humiliation), and your "facts" are misleading.

GrimRipper, NPCing early on is not a bad idea. PvP is better for keeping aggressive ships away from you (especially at low ranks), but I know an early NPCer who now has over 170,000 nonbuffed attack within about 2 years of playing and is rarely bothered by anyone. If you're going to NPC, though, be sure to keep more than 50 scan on your ship; this way, you'll have a higher chance of spawning Blade Harvesters, Rogue Labpods, and T.O. Troop Carriers. If you decide to incorporate more PvPing, the yellow badge modules (protean armories) are probably the most helpful. Instead of killing and raiding ships, open a battle tab and leave it, and go open a different page to go do something else. By the time you come back (maybe 10-20 minutes later), you should have enough disabled ships on the first page's battle tab to grab easy yellows from.

Definitely don't purge good artifact planets; eventually you'll rank up enough to be able to take them. Selling, as others have mentioned, is also a good idea; CTP that you earn from selling planets that you/your legion can't take can go toward buying better planets for yourself.

Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:42 pm

chiaro:scuro wrote:
Ludis wrote:

Everyone responds differently to different types of motivation, but appealing to a neutral party via facts is more effective than appealing to emotion (i.e. through humiliation), and your "facts" are misleading.

GrimRipper, NPCing early on is not a bad idea. PvP is better for keeping aggressive ships away from you (especially at low ranks), but I know an early NPCer who now has over 170,000 nonbuffed attack within about 2 years of playing and is rarely bothered by anyone. If you're going to NPC, though, be sure to keep more than 50 scan on your ship; this way, you'll have a higher chance of spawning Blade Harvesters, Rogue Labpods, and T.O. Troop Carriers. If you decide to incorporate more PvPing, the yellow badge modules (protean armories) are probably the most helpful. Instead of killing and raiding ships, open a battle tab and leave it, and go open a different page to go do something else. By the time you come back (maybe 10-20 minutes later), you should have enough disabled ships on the first page's battle tab to grab easy yellows from.

Definitely don't purge good artifact planets; eventually you'll rank up enough to be able to take them. Selling, as others have mentioned, is also a good idea; CTP that you earn from selling planets that you/your legion can't take can go toward buying better planets for yourself.

An early npcer must be able to increase his ship strength despite ranking faster from it and be able to keep his ship strong in the long run. Anyone who is able to grow their ships and realize they need to get stronger, will become that early Npcer that you mentioned. To tell you the truth, I've got more than 50 scans on my ship and it's got the size of an smaller sized MSB. Even though I prefer being an pvper, I do npc a little because I got the strength to destroy them faster. I was able to take down elites and bosses on my own without anybody's help. I used to have thousands of yellow badges in stock until I used them on Heist disaptches and their upgrades. In my almost three years of playing Galaxy Legion, I've vultured the hell out of people's dead ships with raids and hacks through several tabs opened. I only disable the weakest of the weak for less exp and for easy badges.

For keeping the planets, he has to do a lot of work just to sell it. There is definitely a facebook page that he has to constanly eye on to simply grab planets that are being auctioned by several people at a time. Some people just don't to sell their planets or even want their planets touched anybody else because they may have worked years on it. Those people would probably zero anyone who attacks their planets or simply even try to negotiate a trade with them. Not all enemy planets are sellable, especially those that are bigger in size have greater production that they don't even want to sell. Strong Npcers that keep strengthening themselves early on while npcing are able to get faster CTP any day.

[It really has been a while since we talked chiaroscuro. This is Tanken from long ago. You've really outdone yourself in these past years in galaxy legion. How's Flesh doing these days?]

Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:07 pm

Ludis wrote:
If his legion mates can't get the planet either or want to get zeroed and waste their time getting a planet they can't get, then be my guest. Ain't nobody got time for that. It'll take a real long time and a lot of time to just get the planet. Why would anybody with a good artifact planet want to sell their planets for CTP. Don't they want to keep their artifact production more than 50x their rank? Your still wasting your chances to scan for better planets if you keep that planet and even if your legion mate gets to own it too.

PS To deigo. I'm a felon unleashed and we don't like you wild hunts. The war continues between us. Remember that.

Ludis, you really shouldn't be giving advice if your advice is to purge a good arti planet rather than make the attempt, share so someone else can, or keep it yourself for later. It is just dumb.

As for FU, "war" and "remembering":
bahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha... in that case, your base continues to be ours, and as always, my little old ship remains sitting with low cloak, permanently unhalced.

Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:14 pm

Deigobene wrote:
Ludis wrote:

Ludis, you really shouldn't be giving advice if your advice is to purge a good arti planet rather than make the attempt, share so someone else can, or keep it yourself for later. It is just dumb.

As for FU, "war" and "remembering":
bahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha... in that case, your base continues to be ours, and as always, my little old ship remains sitting with low cloak, permanently unhalced.

You're making yourself look even dumber than I am and you fail to motivate strengthening people's ships. People should at least consider my ideas instead throwing in the garbage like you slime. I purge planets that people will most likely want to keep or not sell. Common sense. Your base is ours when we alert other legions to kick it in the dreary air. For our base, it we will make you work harder to kill our base for your wasted reds.

Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:04 am

Ludis wrote:
You're making yourself look even dumber than I am and you fail to motivate strengthening people's ships. People should at least consider my ideas instead throwing in the garbage like you slime. I purge planets that people will most likely want to keep or not sell. Common sense. Your base is ours when we alert other legions to kick it in the dreary air. For our base, it we will make you work harder to kill our base for your wasted reds.

I feel the need to again point out that TWH is one of the strongest per rank legions in the game.
You will see us a few spots above you on the strength board.
We motivate by not being idiots, being helpful to our members and respectful of others.

Base Kills 2:0 to TWH.
Times locked 3:1 to TWH.
Time taken to take down all AP and destroy FU base using only 2 normal Battle Partners: 2 hours.
Time taken to take down TWH's base: Still unknown. Time taken to not dent shields at all: 8 hours.
Good luck with that Ludis, you irrelevant bit of space debris.

Back on topic: GrimRipper, for the love of all that is not stupid, please do not follow Ludis' ridiculous advice to purge good arti planets.
Purging good arti planets when you can alert them, sell them or have a go instead is just totally stupid.

Worst case scenario is the planet gets purged anyway and you get mildly punished for the attempt.
Best case, you, or one of your team mates gets lucky.
I personally have many 5 x arti planets that are pure production and that I don't really care about.
Many were stolen from others. Have a crack and see how you go. Good luck!

Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:51 am

Ludis dude, It doesn't matter one iota if the planet you purge is a unnocuipde mining world or a well defended arti world. Both allow you to scan another planet. So why would you purge a planet that you are unlikely to be able to get over one that you would never want to have? And worst case scinario, why purge a planet when the owner will purge it for you?

Also, I have never been zero'd for stealing a planet, not once. Nor would it bother me at all, I'd take a zeroing if it even gave me a 1% chance at sweet planet. Because at the end of the day, they take X artifact, I get Y artifact per hour

And finaly this:
Quote:
I was able to take down elites and bosses on my own without anybody's help. I used to have thousands of yellow badges in stock until I used them on Heist disaptches and their upgrades. In my almost three years of playing Galaxy Legion, I've vultured the hell out of people's dead ships with raids and hacks through several tabs opened. I only disable the weakest of the weak for less exp and for easy badges.

Is not impressive. Any decent rank 300+ can take the elites/bosses out solo, though the fact you chose to do so implies that your in a terrible legion that wont even hit your alerts, or you hate all your legionmates so dont want them to get drops

The raids thing, not impressive, Unless your ign is Shinar, grunt, topperharley, Senator hung or ICBLF, I've done that and more than you. Its not hard, getting the ctp for all the tms is difficult/tedious, but ice fishing people is not hard.

And unless you are willing to make your own shiplog then I personaly dont think that anyone should take any advice that comes out of your mouth seriously. If your not willing to bear your stats and listen to peoples thoughts on it then why would anyone think that your strategys are any good?

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=31929

Heres my ship log. Im not afraid to be scrutinised by other players, infact I welcome it, this is what backs up my advice. With no ship log theres nothing to back up the thought that your advice is any good.

Stark Tech Inside

Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]