View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
 Rank 86 - One year later, rank 952 

Hello guys, I’m Tophausor.

My first step in this game is over, I wanted to PvP till Rank 100 but It’s too boring to keep doing that much longer. So I decided to take my second step in the game, but what exactly ?

First, here is my ship right now with some achievement :

I have 290 medal points and am close to get my Anubix.

I am now looking for new goals and achievements.

I’ve narrowed down the main missions to do :
- The Glaviz Vendetta mission : +2NPC slots
I will reach Rank 98 if I only do this starting now
- Litheor Chain, I will reach Rk167 by only doing this from Rank 100
Those are the priorities, I would then change to Litheor.

The secondary missions I would do are :
- Aeon Moon Chain : Temp flux
- Exotic Tactical Algorithm : Refresh npc tab
- Stellar Cartography for purgers
- Terra, Dyson, Rift (NPC then)

And then later in the game I would do those :
- Taltherian Chain (can be started at Rank 230) 403,850 energy, 1,006,250 XP,
- Melter, Crystal, Irra. (89,500 Energy, 201,000 XP, Need planets first)
- Exotica : 9,600 energy, 17,250 XP
- Sehrin, Bioship Ally low upkeep , 135,825 energy, 290,050 XP
- Trovar Zane, Elite Tracer ally 353,000 energy, 736,750 XP

Here are finally some questions :

1) Any insight on my ship right now ?
2) Does it seem a good plan overall ?
3) What rank would you start massively NPC’ing ? The NPC at my rank are not really interesting.
4) Anything important I’m missing and you think of ? Some mission or anything ?
5) What would YOU do ?
6) I don't care, your topic is boring! ^^

Before closing the topic, I am a SSB right now, but I can (will ?) go to temporary MSB time for me to NPC properly if it is wise.
I was ranking slowly, but this is going to change now.

Well that's it I guess, I tried to keep it short but it isn't easy to do. Cheers.

Last edited by Toph on Mon May 04, 2015 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed May 07, 2014 7:19 pm

Answers to your questions:

1. Ship looks good right now and artifact production is pretty decent at 37x rank. Let's see if you can excel at increasing your artifact production even further.

2. Your plans are pretty good. Just make sure you maintain or even increase your ship strength while missioning.

3. I probably wouldn't start npcing until you you get 10x your rank in energy and decent attack power with a ship that is strong.

4. I'd consider you get a fully upgraded merged datanode to help you scan for planets whenever you feel like it.

5. Increase my artifact production as high as possible and prepare artifact planets before ranking up too fast.

6. Nah, your ship log is not boring. Many people should consider looking at your thread, especially new players and unexperienced players.

To end off with what you want, I'll tell you that the minimum deck space for a successful SSB/MSB, based on Fasious (Eternalpaw), is 480.

You can probably ask Levrosh, Senatorhung or Fasious for help with your ship and also compare your ship with Moonlightwalk and PennyItucky.

Wed May 07, 2014 9:51 pm

Ludis wrote:

1. Ship looks good right now and artifact production is pretty decent at 37x rank. Let's see if you can excel at increasing your artifact production even further.

2. Your plans are pretty good. Just make sure you maintain or even increase your ship strength while missioning.

3. I probably wouldn't start npcing until you you get 10x your rank in energy and decent attack power with a ship that is strong.

4. I'd consider you get a fully upgraded merged datanode to help you scan for planets whenever you feel like it.

5. Increase my artifact production as high as possible and prepare artifact planets before ranking up too fast.

6. Nah, your ship log is not boring. Many people should consider looking at your thread, especially new players and unexperienced players.

To end off with what you want, I'll tell you that the minimum deck space for a successful SSB/MSB, based on Fasious (Eternalpaw), is 480.

You can probably ask Levrosh, Senatorhung or Fasious for help with your ship and also compare your ship with Moonlightwalk and PennyItucky.

:evil:

Stark Tech Inside

Wed May 07, 2014 10:06 pm

Peticks wrote:
Ludis wrote:

:evil:

sorry I forgot about you peticks.

Wed May 07, 2014 10:09 pm

Location: Where are the QSES? AMIRITE??? AMIRITE???Who is "the fly"?!How long can you make this?
No wonder no low ranks want to continue play this game. Here's some advice for the "2nd" step of your game auto rank to level 500 purely on npcs after using all of your ship bots to install everything you have in your cargo

Wed May 07, 2014 10:46 pm

Looking good so far!!

Things I'd recommend and not recommend are:
I'm not a huge fan of SSB's, so I'd recommend moving away from that. When you do you'll need to increase your defence as your lows decks won't protect you anymore. Velox Thrusters are good.
You'll need to start increasing your energy also, engineers and researched mods.
The missions you mention are all good ones, but I would avoid some until much later in the game. For example, Exotica. No point in doing it yet and there is no way you'll be able to hold it for a while yet.
Litheor chain I'd leave till later too. Yep, you'll be able to put a nice mod on your arti planets, but I'd recommend waiting until you've been Talth for a while and have lots more good arti planets. If not, you'll just have to change back later.
Tactical Algorithm, it's nice but not really needed, IMO.
Purger mission, just increase your arti instead. You have much better places to spend your energy.
Zolazin chain - yes, definitely.
Aeon Moon - yes.
Terra, Dyson, Rift - yes. GP is the quickest way to do it. If not, you will get the Terra with some decent NPC'ing. The Dyson is much harder. I've read stories of ships NPC'ing 10 x QSE's (I have found 1 in almost 43K NPC's)
Taltherian - definitely yes, when you get to that rank.
Serhin and Trovar Zane - yes, but later.
Melters, Crystallizers, etc - yes as you need them.

One you missed is the Trellith chain, lots of very good arti production improving artifacts and the ability at the end

Merged Datanode (and other stacked modules) is good, but I believe some of the other missions above are better to do earlier on, you won't have a lot of energy to do missions if you're NPC'ing a lot.

Couple of other things - looking at your stats, I assume you have enough badges for all the badge mods?? You haven't shown your crew?? Are you putting Rank Points into Tac Officers and Engineers?? Whats your max energy?? You'll probably need something like 12x your rank (and be fully buffed) to autorank on NPC's.

Wed May 07, 2014 11:18 pm

Toph wrote:
Hello guys, I’m Tophausor.

My first step in this game is over, I wanted to PvP till Rank 100 but It’s too boring to keep doing that much longer. So I decided to take my second step in the game, but what exactly ?

I have 290 medal points and am close to get my Anubix.

I am now looking for new goals and achievements.

The secondary missions I would do are :
- Aeon Moon Chain : Temp flux
- Exotic Tactical Algorithm : Refresh npc tab
- Stellar Cartography for purgers
- Terra, Dyson, Rift (NPC then)

And then later in the game I would do those :
- Taltherian Chain (can be started at Rank 230) 403,850 energy, 1,006,250 XP,
- Melter, Crystal, Irra. (89,500 Energy, 201,000 XP, Need planets first)
- Exotica : 9,600 energy, 17,250 XP
- Sehrin, Bioship Ally low upkeep , 135,825 energy, 290,050 XP
- Trovar Zane, Elite Tracer ally 353,000 energy, 736,750 XP

Here are finally some questions :

3) What rank would you start massively NPC’ing ? The NPC at my rank are not really interesting.

yeah, i was surprised you only had 37 npc kills so far ... that's 1 npc every 2 ranks ... there are some decent npc's that are only available at low ranks ...
for me, the npc's that drop ctp goodies open up between 125 and 150: sha'din AI, okkilor, reynard, stalar, dark megacomplex - you should have 4 npc slots by then too so that will help. tactical re.modulation can probably wait until you open up to 6 npc slots though ... any elites you get while you have 2 or 4 slots ... you will want to down.

4) Anything important I’m missing and you think of ? Some mission or anything ?

energy. not critical for slow.ranking at low ranks ... but once you get into the range of legion missions ... NOT being able to do something for lack of energy is extremely frustrating. so plan accordingly.

5) What would YOU do ?

i would keep collecting raids and hacks off of easy targets while you still can. until you get a bigger energy bar, vulturing raids off of the kills of others is a nice ploy. you indicated that you were ranking slowly .. but it looks like most of your ranking has been from disabling ships. this is fine later when you have more xp between ranks, but doing it so early seems a bit off to me. i like the early litheor plan ... as a concept ... but in execution, i think you will run out of planets to install the mods too quickly. i personally will be going to litheor excavator next, after i have enriched all the project planets that i have lined up, but i have 176 planets to work with.

i would stay away from stellar cartography. you won't have the scan to get lots of decent planets for a good while yet, so burning xp on getting purgers to replace a crappy planet with another crappy planet does not seem efficient. wait until you can get your scan up into at least the 5k range for that. Exotica is also the dream of most SSB players ... but doing the mission to unlock the scan should wait until you have at least 30k hull.

Before closing the topic, I am a SSB right now, but I can (will ?) go to temporary MSB time for me to NPC properly if it is wise.

don't go MSB for npc'ing. but DO go MSB for scanning if you need to.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Wed May 07, 2014 11:24 pm
Profile WWW

Hmm, my post didn't appear. I am happy I did a bit of Ctrl+C.
And time for me to reply I can see there's two more post, I will read them straight away.

Thank you for your input.

That won't be possible I think, that's the reason why I was wndering when to start NPC. I will relatively lose some strength if I start with the mission and then start NPC. I was thinking about freeze/slow ranking once becoming a litheor to remedy that?

I can autorank on NPC right now, I have 740 energy and 1,9k attack without any modules. So I can manage my ship to reach that, but once again, is it a good rank to NPC, or better around rank 170 ?

Yeah, I've seen this one and since I love to scan I will do it soon enough. I consider it too be too early right now and will do it when I'll be working on my scanning power.

I am about to work on getting the +12 structure (along with scanner and energy), but it will take a while.
And right now I only have 2 planets ready to invade, another reason why I thought about only doing missions and freeze ranking. My ship strengh and production won't matter whilst doing that, I would 'only' have to catch up before starting to NPC.
It's quite good to talk about it, it seems to confirm what I planned. ^

I discovered a few name here, I will have a look. And I checked on Peticks since he's talking about goals too, it's quite helpful.

ShadowsPoison wrote:
No wonder no low ranks want to continue play this game. Here's some advice for the "2nd" step of your game auto rank to level 500 purely on npcs after using all of your ship bots to install everything you have in your cargo

As i stated, I don't have enough planets to colonize/invade, then I don't think reaching a high rank fast would have any benefits since my production won't change.
Furthermore, I like to have a hard ship to kill and a powerful ship for my rank, and I will lose both. I don't think this wil be my path.

PS : sorry for my approximate english.

Wed May 07, 2014 11:34 pm

swinephil wrote:
I considered everything you wrote, I just cleared a lot to target some subjects.
Litheor chain I'd leave till later too. Yep, you'll be able to put a nice mod on your arti planets, but I'd recommend waiting until you've been Talth for a while and have lots more good arti planets. If not, you'll just have to change back later.
I don't really see what to do then until rank 230, NPC only ?
You made me realize something good though, if I become a litheor and then start NPC I will lose the Konqul bonus. I might have to rethink something here.

Purger mission, just increase your arti instead. You have much better places to spend your energy.
And how would you "just increase your arti" ? I don't really see how except by scanning some new planets.
Am I missing something important here ?

One you missed is the Trellith chain, lots of very good arti production improving artifacts and the ability at the end
I've seen it, I haven't decided when to do it but I don't want to lose some of those arti on average planets not properly defended for a small gain in production. I need to work something out here though because on another hand, there's a bit of snowballing about being to careful about that and waiting to long before putting them on planets.

Couple of other things - looking at your stats, I assume you have enough badges for all the badge mods?? You haven't shown your crew?? Are you putting Rank Points into Tac Officers and Engineers?? Whats your max energy?? You'll probably need something like 12x your rank (and be fully buffed) to autorank on NPC's.
I did a s/s but forgot to post it. :/
740 Engineers
1595 TO
811 Helmsmen

senatorhung wrote:
. tactical re.modulation can probably wait until you open up to 6 npc slots though ... any elites you get while you have 2 or 4 slots ... you will want to down.
I don't understand what you're saying here. :/

energy. not critical for slow.ranking at low ranks ... but once you get into the range of legion missions ... NOT being able to do something for lack of energy is extremely frustrating. so plan accordingly.
Yeah, I will work on that. Mainly on finding the timing to highly focus on that.

it looks like most of your ranking has been from disabling ships. this is fine later when you have more xp between ranks, but doing it so early seems a bit off to me.
Yeah, I read someone saying this (maybe you ?), that was the only thing I saw worth doing before rank 100...

i like the early litheor plan ... as a concept ... but in execution, i think you will run out of planets to install the mods too quickly. i personally will be going to litheor excavator next, after i have enriched all the project planets that i have lined up, but i have 176 planets to work with.
As written a bit earlier, I just don't really see what else to do then. I would have around 45 planets, basically 180 days of litheor (I don't mind putting it on average planet) + planets I would gain during those 180 days.
And by then I hope to become a talth.

i would stay away from stellar cartography. you won't have the scan to get lots of decent planets for a good while yet, so burning xp on getting purgers to replace a crappy planet with another crappy planet does not seem efficient. wait until you can get your scan up into at least the 5k range for that. Exotica is also the dream of most SSB players ... but doing the mission to unlock the scan should wait until you have at least 30k hull.

I am worried about lacking of planets to take, that's the reason why I've put it on the list, and I would need the EM too so I don't really know if it would be worth it. This ne will be skipped indeed I guess.
And yeah, exotica is only for the dream and the challenge, I am a big dreamer. ^^

Thu May 08, 2014 12:28 am

Increase arti by scanning and taking arti planets. Upgrading your own planets, although you'll probably save your terraformers for the mission Exotic. Get your mission planets. Its a slow process, but worth it

Thu May 08, 2014 12:54 am

Eh, you won't really lose strength by hitting NPCs. If you do, it'll be temporary - once you start getting more terraformers, ship strength goes up a lot. You should be picky about which NPCs you hit, however, and focus on the ones that gives lots of CTP and/or are disabled with only a few hits.

Edited to add that increasing deck space for scanning isn't necessarily a bad thing. I think I had around 200 decks at your rank? so that I could fit on more scanning modules.

Thu May 08, 2014 2:39 am

Great job Toph! I m glad you realized every stage of rank fit well with certain task. This is the best way to maximize your game progress.... rather than just do all PvP slow ranking and missing out other fun tasks or missions. Kudos!!

The Dark Justice, assisting New Ship Members w/Everyday Even Strong Artifacts Payout

Fri May 09, 2014 10:54 am

Thanks, what about you what would you do I you were me ?

Now I guess there's only one question, starting litheor chain at rank 100 or mainly NPC from rank 100 to 230 and talth ? (or again, something else ?)
A part of me want to be a early litheor but I haven't made up my mind yet...

Fri May 09, 2014 12:11 pm

Hold on right there buddy, it's not a bad thing to slowly rank after you become a litheor since it does also have the governor profession.

The planetary artifact you get from being a litheor will help when you get that on all your planets before ranking up too fast.

The governor profession allows 3x more random planetary events, so if you could somehow get your planets to all have planetary effects like stealth screens, you're good to go.

Basically, take advantage of being a litheor governor to strengthen and even keep enemies away from your planets early on to prepare for the future in the long run.

Lastly, slowly increase and cherish what you have before enhancing your planets with the taltherian race ability before moving too fast.

Fri May 09, 2014 6:34 pm

A little update almost one year later.

Rank 952

Battles 755949
Player Kills 3202 --> +1270
Deaths from Players 167 --> +160
Non-Player Kills 132870 --> +132834 ^^
Planets Found 1014
Planets Occupied 239 --> +219
Planets Captured 140 --> +117
Missions Completed 770
Scans Performed 33551
Successful Hacks 3695 --> +1094
Successful Raids 3543 --> +1372

APH : 72295 --> +69161
Mining : 13419
Research : 26910

Decks : 2599
Max scan : 15314
10350 Engineers
20700 Tactical Officers (NPC attack, 62k repeatable buffs)
What else ? Talth excavator.

I ended up doing the litheor chain early, not the worst thing, not the best.
I went MSB to put all my weapons, great choice.

That's it I guess.

Edit : 65k hull + shield and 15,5k def (in attacking mod, too lazy to check what it is in defense mod), 4,5k scan when NPC'ing.

Mon May 04, 2015 7:31 pm

86 Ranks in a year. Are you even playing?

Mon May 04, 2015 7:57 pm

Redneck_King_of_Funk wrote:
86 Ranks in a year. Are you even playing?

Um he just went 866 levels in a year. That's over 2 levels a day.

Mon May 04, 2015 8:20 pm

So....im drinkin. no biggie.

Mon May 04, 2015 8:43 pm

Very nice stats Toph! Slowly getting out of Freeze Ranking?! I feel ya.

To cleanse the soul and set wrongs right
When DARKNESS falls look to the skies
A NEW dawn comes let there be LIGHT!"
-RAINBOW

Tue May 05, 2015 3:46 am
Profile WWW

Slow ranking, yeah it doesn't fit my gameplay anymore.
Even so I'm a bit back into it, but that's because I don't have much time to play.

Tue May 05, 2015 10:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]