View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Preparing for rank 2200 - Currently rank 2100(ish) 

Ranqul wrote:
Thanks Hall. I hadn't contemplated the possible loss of them until this:

senatorhung wrote:
already keeping an eye on my stock of Shockpulse Charger (Uses Left: 13) as well.

that was just listed there as it is an npc drop that i know that i would miss if i stopped getting them. there are many other drops that i would NOT notice disappearing.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:18 am
Profile WWW

Couldn't agree more. I don't tend to hold many in cargo (similar number to what you posted) and your comment had me worried that maybe I should be saving them up rather than using them on every npc run.

Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:43 am

Well I don't NPC much at all and...

Shockpulse Charger (Uses Left: 372)

they build up slowly.

Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:55 am

Tree7304 wrote:
Alex186 wrote:
I've still got a fair bit to go till rank 200/2200 (currently 1075) but i often think and plan what i will lose and how best i can set myself up for it.
Nice post and was an interesting read, thanks for sharing :)

NPC all you can before 1200 and you lose the stryll seekers.
You're welcome.

What would be the just enough number of stryll seekers to hoard prior rank 1200? Also, at what number of free spots in planet list you scan?

I do purge 100-150 planets, what is approx 6-7 weeks of collecting purgers (doing purger missions occasionally to slower my rank up).

Any info about being Uldri while have hired Talth player to do the uplifts? Or something similar tested and compared in final result over some time?

EDIT:
PS: Thanks Tree for this topic, interesting reading.

Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:26 pm

Flux wrote:

What would be the just enough number of stryll seekers to hoard prior rank 1200? Also, at what number of free spots in planet list you scan?

Self control is more important than saving a large quantity.
I can only guess that most people won't rise higher than 200k arti.
At 200k arti you are capable of purging 700 planets every other week.
So every other week you need 1 stryll seeker to do a scan run.
That's 26 a year.
Add a seeker for every time you choose to do a scan legion mission and you could reasonably survive on 50 seekers per year.

I think there are a lot of people who prefer to scan every time they purge 100 planets and you'll burn through your seekers quickly if you do.

In regards to uldri vs talth, I'll talk to my consultants and we will get back with some information.

That's meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:25 pm

Update since I'm almost to 2100 now. Been very busy with last semester of college so its been a very slow process.

I am currently at a loss for what to do with all my rank points.
I am currently unsure on what to do with my ap growth.

My unbuffed ship stats.
40k energy
165k attack
115k defense, with aerlen ~150k
365k hull
187k shield
3810 deck space
190k research/hr
69k mining
210k arti (solynia boost), with excavator 230k

So rank points issue. I don't need more attack, I don't need more defense, I don't need more energy, I really don't need more scientists.
My attack
- I don't care how much you buff your base defense, when I hit it I will be hitting for about 400 per hit
- For Pvp there is no significant advantage given me should i add another 50k tac. Killing big ships like myself is an energy game and a game of finding them offline or using a pile of emps. The average ships I kill in about the same time if I am buffed or unbuffed.
- NPCs, I min hit them without any buffs on
- Planets, I can't remember the last time I had less than 90% invasion chance against a planet

My energy
- I've never run out of energy in the last year.
- I don't need energy to autorank on bases, there is just no chance to hit a base longer than an hour in EotS.
- I don't need energy to autorank on base donations, our base level is maxed.

My defense
- I am not fun to kill. Go ahead and ask around or try for yourself.
- Most people killing me use emps so defense doesn't help me much.

So I could continue to just toss rank points into tac and maybe next year I will move up to do at least 500 per hit on any base despite defense.
I could add scientists just for the sake of increasing my crew faster to make raiding me that much harder but thats a waste really, there aren't more than 5 people outside eots who could call me an easy raid.
I could add defense just bc there are more defense % mods on my ship so adding helms actually increases my strength score faster. I currently buff to about 700k strength so it might be fun to shoot for that 1 million mark.
I could add engineers just in case I decide to be really nice one day and leave my legion to upgrade someone's base for them.

My ap growth.
I have 230k ap and I have incredible ship growth. See above for reasons why I'm not overly excited about getting even stronger.
I have more terraformers in my cargo than I care to admit to you folks. Maybe the minions will start getting all the nice planets I make/scan.

That's meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2