View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Preparing for rank 2200 - Currently rank 2100(ish) 

I don't see any other posts where people discuss what they are doing for preparation or if they are even preparing at all so here are my thoughts.

So 2200 and 2000 are rather significant changes in rank with noticeable losses in regards to NPCs.
Most important losses
At 2000
A lot of easy elites that are easy sources of CTP, not a real big loss for everyone but people who like to trade it can be a significant loss to income that doesn't rely on others giving you CTP

Dark Smugglers Cache (Uses Left: 84), yes the Pevreon drops them but incredibly rare
Dark Anti-Beacon (Uses Left: 1102), very nice structure once upgraded with the Dark Null Beacon Upgrade, good for both cloaking and for defense
XRP Warp Fuel (Uses Left: 465), not a big loss since at this point you likely have a healthy amount of defense as is
XRP Warp Inhibitor (Uses Left: 238), also not a huge loss since there isn't that much of a need for them but safe to get a stockpile of 100 just in case

If at 2200 you decide to cut back on your NPCing it is a good idea to have a stockpile just to avoid issues.
Krionite Torpedo (Uses Left: 858), your PvP targets are likely to be a tad harder to kill so might as well use these
Planet Flux (Uses Left: 36), sure you can buy them but these are expensive
Terraforming Device (Uses Left: 136), I am using the tribuute gifts of ancients to get my planets to 2x arti and then using the terraformers. I could use these all on some very massive planet but I enjoy planet building so I am holding onto these as I make VM 2x icy/gaia/deserts/barren and making MC/Col 22x planets.
Crimson Amplifier (Uses Left: 2455), easy to acquire but don't put yourself in the position where you need to worry about them should you choose to not NPC for a month

Scanning is likely to be a frequent thing for you.
With a higher arti/hr you should have a steady income of purgers
If the purger mission is your plan then better save up some Exotic Matter 10,889,332
Don't waste what Stryll Seeker (Uses Left: 816) you have left, scanning every week is quite possible so try to avoid using these if you are just doing small 20 minute scan runs

For myself, the plan is to NPC as much as possible to rank 2200 and then switch to enough energy that I can autorank off base fights and possibly bases by around rank 2500.
At 2200 I can badge rank 1320 and up, there are plenty of people in this range for me to badge already so I have no worries for PvP. It will also be quite easy for me to autorank on PvP.

I have 92k attack unbuffed (not konqul)
30k energy which is purely for these Legion Missions with 10k energy and no xp reward. I typically toss away 5k - 10k energy when I rank.
I will continue with all tac officers until 2200
At 2200 I will open my caches assuming I have done enough trading to acquire the necessary 8 hours of artifact storage.
With 85 caches that is already an expected 1,130 prisoners which will help put a nice dent into the max energy I am pursuing.

I have skipped doing the raix chain, it is far too much experience gained than I am comfortable with as I look at the edge of 2000
I don't do Klorvis mission
I don't do purger mission
I don't use neurals or RSLs under any circumstance
Everything I do is considered by how much experience will it cost.
I am comfortably ready to cross the rank 2000 and 2200 lines, all I have left to do is hoard even more terraformers because I might as well.

All questions are welcome.

That's meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Last edited by Tree7304 on Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:12 pm

Do you only lose NPCs that you can see and/or do you gain any additiional NPCs since you are losing some very helpful ones?

Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:40 pm

Tree7304 wrote:
Terraforming Device (Uses Left: 136), I am using the tribuute gifts of ancients to get my planets to 2x arti and then using the terraformers. I could use these all on some very massive planet but I enjoy planet building so I am holding onto these as I make VM 2x icy/gaia/deserts/barren and making MC/Col 22x planets.

That is a waste imho... much better using the tributes as "equilizers"... they are great when you find a gas with a nice natural effect like rings or moons (use them up to the point where the arti production is equal to the research one, then terraform all the way to 15x).

Even if you are a taltherian, the gifts are much more valuable than the terraformers (if used right).

Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:31 pm

Pennsyltucky wrote:
Do you only lose NPCs that you can see and/or do you gain any additiional NPCs since you are losing some very helpful ones?

You lose too many NPCs at rank 2000 and 2200
You do however gain the dark mass carrier but in it's current form is a bit underwhelming. I'd recommend searching the forum if you wish to know more about. I can't do it justice by tryin to explain it in just a response to you. I'm also not rank 2200 yet so I have a dislike of talking about something that doesn't quite affect me at this time.

Sharnhorst wrote:
Tree7304 wrote:

That is a waste imho... much better using the tributes as "equilizers"... they are great when you find a gas with a nice natural effect like rings or moons (use them up to the point where the arti production is equal to the research one, then terraform all the way to 15x).

Even if you are a taltherian, the gifts are much more valuable than the terraformers (if used right).

I am not entirely agreeing or disagreeing with you.
At this point in time I prefer to deal with the quicker method of upgrading very massive icy I own instead of starting at 0 with a gas planet. As it is now I am happier to have saved 7 terraformers on the icy planets instead of having spent 7 gifts getting 1-2 gas planets ready for terraforming.
I also admit the enjoyment of making nice planets. Colossal 20x arti plasmas just don't bring me much enjoyment.

Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:29 am

Tree7304 wrote:
Dark Anti-Beacon (Uses Left: 1102), very nice structure once upgraded with the Dark Null Beacon Upgrade, good for both cloaking and for defense

rank 2k = 501 planet slots. your DAB supply would cover you up to 1600 planet slots or rank 6400.

Tree7304 wrote:

i am with Sharn on this one, in that i use tributes and gifts to 'even' out the planetary resources to get 15x / 20x / 15x planets before transforming them.

Tree7304 wrote:
Crimson Amplifier (Uses Left: 2455), easy to acquire but don't put yourself in the position where you need to worry about them should you choose to not NPC for a month

Crimson Amplifier (Uses Left: 192) here ... but i will keep an eye on this one. already keeping an eye on my stock of Shockpulse Charger (Uses Left: 13) as well. but i should have most of the legion mission npc hunts done by rank 800.

Tree7304 wrote:
Don't waste what Stryll Seeker (Uses Left: 816) you have left, scanning every week is quite possible so try to avoid using these if you are just doing small 20 minute scan runs

i think this is the most critical loss and i am already preparing for it: Stryll Seeker (Uses Left: 209)

Tree7304 wrote:
At 2200 I can badge rank 1320 and up, there are plenty of people in this range for me to badge already so I have no worries for PvP. It will also be quite easy for me to autorank on PvP.

after i make it to #12 on the kills leaderboard next month, i will just maintain that ranking going forward. i have enough TMs on hand (thanks again Tree !) to get the Elite hacks medal as well ... so once that is done my active pvp.ing will likely drop off (will never stop raiding of course !). Red Badges 2764

Tree7304 wrote:
I have skipped doing the raix chain, it is far too much experience gained than I am comfortable with as I look at the edge of 2000
I don't do Klorvis mission
I don't do purger mission
I don't use neurals or RSLs under any circumstance
Everything I do is considered by how much experience will it cost.
I am comfortably ready to cross the rank 2000 and 2200 lines, all I have left to do is hoard even more terraformers because I might as well.

totally agree that xp efficiency is very good to keep at the forefront. sub rank 500 taltherian builders are some of my favourite pvp targets after laughables as they have huge ships that have ranked up well past their pvp capabilities.

so most of my missions (raix, uldri, etc.) will take place after rank 2200. the only ones i have slated after my current round of mylarai are litheor (on 2d last mission in chain), lazuli (2d last mission in chain) and taltherian (after rank 1k). i have been doing one round of controlling the anomaly with every rankup and will have every planet Massive+ sized and top producers making more than 200 arti per hour solo.scanned by the end of next month.

if i get all done as planned, i will have 200 ranks from 800 to 1k to focus on hacking and selectively npc'ing (along with legion missions for relic badges). after rank 1000, i will finish off talth and then will have over 1000 ranks to focus on npc's and build up my stockpiles of the artis that will disappear.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:41 am
Profile WWW

I would happily balance out some planets but I haven't scanned anything that needs it.

Senatorhung, what's your plan regarding race?
Do you have the planets to make staying litheor worth the effort or is slaving away as a talth your preferred option?

Personally for me I struggle with the idea of leaving litheor for talth but I have little desire to litheor probe my very large Terra's.

Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:57 am

Tree7304 wrote:
I would happily balance out some planets but I haven't scanned anything that needs it.

Senatorhung, what's your plan regarding race?
Do you have the planets to make staying litheor worth the effort or is slaving away as a talth your preferred option?

Personally for me I struggle with the idea of leaving litheor for talth but I have little desire to litheor probe my very large Terra's.

i had been Kronyn for quite a while to get most of my project terras and icies up to even research with the arti (usually already the highest). now i am mylarai and getting the mineral resource up to match before the eventual terraform and subsequent enum.crystal x5 and uplift to 17x 22x 17x. the intro of the tributes should accelerate that process now and i have expanded the range of planets that i will target with this.

after Mylarai, i will go Litheor excavator. i currently have 189 planets and don't see why every one of them that is worth keeping shouldn't have a couple of litheor probes giving production, population and cloak. that should easily take me up to rank 1k.

while i am working on the Talth chain after rank 1k, i will go lazuli fixer to aim for the exotica medal and gun, and also the harrowers for the Avenger ship design. after that it will be Talth excavator to even up all the oceanics and crystals that someone uplifted to 15x research for some reason. i will also boost any of my mining planets that have decent arti production already.

i am still not sold on the idea of making 15x arti planets from Talth alone. Uldrinan seems to be more worthwhile in the long.term as most planets i am taking should already be arti.focused. otherwise i might drop down to Konqul just to drop the npc's faster ? anyway, i still have lots of time and flexibility to consider my options ... and Dan might give us even more lucrative options in the meantime ;)

_____________Image

Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:14 am
Profile WWW

senatorhung wrote:
i am still not sold on the idea of making 15x arti planets from Talth alone. Uldrinan seems to be more worthwhile in the long.term as most planets i am taking should already be arti.focused.

Doesn't Uldri already fail for its lack of Excavator and running out of good uldrian artifacts to put on planets (yes, there is the 5% boost).

Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:03 am

ODragon wrote:
senatorhung wrote:
i am still not sold on the idea of making 15x arti planets from Talth alone. Uldrinan seems to be more worthwhile in the long.term as most planets i am taking should already be arti.focused.

Doesn't Uldri already fail for its lack of Excavator and running out of good uldrian artifacts to put on planets (yes, there is the 5% boost).

excavator gives +10% arti for all planets. the uldrinan structures give a 5% boost. so going uldrinan, building all the structures, then returning to excavator gives even more benefit. obviously, the trade.off will have to be determined between how many planets you install the 5% artis on and the amount of time that takes vs how much the opportunity cost is for losing the excavator 10%. i have no problem moving off of excavator temporarily to ensure greater benefits in the long run.

_____________Image

Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:55 am
Profile WWW

I've still got a fair bit to go till rank 200/2200 (currently 1075) but i often think and plan what i will lose and how best i can set myself up for it.
Nice post and was an interesting read, thanks for sharing :)

Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:09 pm

senatorhung wrote:
the amount of time that takes vs how much the opportunity cost is for losing the excavator 10%. i have no problem moving off of excavator temporarily to ensure greater benefits in the long run.

Determining the amount of time is the question. I don't know what it is. I would imagine as little as possible but as I'm stuck as a spy at the moment, I am the least able to comment.

Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:32 pm

Tree7304 wrote:
I am not entirely agreeing or disagreeing with you.
At this point in time I prefer to deal with the quicker method of upgrading very massive icy I own instead of starting at 0 with a gas planet. As it is now I am happier to have saved 7 terraformers on the icy planets instead of having spent 7 gifts getting 1-2 gas planets ready for terraforming.
I also admit the enjoyment of making nice planets. Colossal 20x arti plasmas just don't bring me much enjoyment.

Well, the thing is after rank 2200, terraformers won't come as often (I went from making 2 or 3 15x arti planets a week to one or 2 a month). So you want to build top quality planets after rank 2200, since you won't be building them quickly anymore. Also you already have 136 terraformers on cargo, so it puzzles me that you are throwing the gifts away in such way (even after 2200, gifts are a lot rarer than terraformers and a lot more useful).

Also the gifts are not exclusively for gas planets - but for planets with an special effect that do not have arti as best resource (if you scan often enough, you should find quite a lot of those). E.g. a Rich arti / 2x research VM oceanic with rings I just finished upgrading to 15x...

senatorhung wrote:
i am still not sold on the idea of making 15x arti planets from Talth alone. Uldrinan seems to be more worthwhile in the long.term as most planets i am taking should already be arti.focused. otherwise i might drop down to Konqul just to drop the npc's faster ? anyway, i still have lots of time and flexibility to consider my options ... and Dan might give us even more lucrative options in the meantime ;)

Like the gifts of the ancients, the best use of being a Taltherian is balancing out the resources, so terraformers can be used... same example as above, finding a VM planet with rings but with research or mining higher than arti... you can use Taltherian after (or before) using the terraformers to get it to 15x arti (wouldn't get as high otherwise).

The introduction of the gifts of the ancients however has made the profession somehow obsolete, for me at least... I am planning to move back to Kongul Excavator at some point soon (the way I see it... aph is not the end goal, but ship strenght... a 20% increase on ship strenght outweights the aph increases taht Uldrinian or Taltherian bring, after some point at least).

Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:39 pm

I've never found something vm with a nice effect that also had arti below 3x
Colossal irradiated with a small moon that's already 18x mining sure but I'm not talth.
I get what you're saying sharn but those opportunities just don't show up for me.

Vm gas with stealth screen isn't worth my time, I don't want to settle on a 20x arti planet and cloak % structures are plentiful for me so the SS isn't that appealing for me.
Even if I found a massive gas with large moons I would probably sell it and save up enough to buy Qse from someone.

I'm saving my terraformers for the sole purpose of still being able to make col 22x planets after 2200
Right now terraformers are easy to get, finding people selling Qse and rt is much harder.
I'm patient since I enjoy making these types of planets.

Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:13 pm

Alex186 wrote:
I've still got a fair bit to go till rank 200/2200 (currently 1075) but i often think and plan what i will lose and how best i can set myself up for it.

NPC all you can before 1200 and you lose the stryll seekers.
You're welcome.

Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:18 pm

Tree7304 wrote:
Alex186 wrote:

You're welcome.

Oh, i wasn't fully aware i lost them then :/ thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:11 pm

eh, ya 80+ ranks past 1200 and just now reading this that I lost those.. son of a ....... sigh..

Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:43 pm

Tree7304 wrote:
You're welcome.

I noticed this also and made sure I was prepared: Stryll Seeker (Uses Left: 612). I also only do scan runs when I have purged everything except my owned plus unpurgable planets to maximize each use.

Thanks also for this topic as it was something I was wondering.

Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:01 pm

I'm only rank 644 but the loss of Stryll Seekers concerns me. I'm fairly balanced between pvp, npcing and missions but I might have to increase my npcing at the expense of missions. What rank do the Sha'din Shockfighters disappear?

Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:03 am

Ranqul wrote:
I'm only rank 644 but the loss of Stryll Seekers concerns me. I'm fairly balanced between pvp, npcing and missions but I might have to increase my npcing at the expense of missions. What rank do the Sha'din Shockfighters disappear?

I still see shockfighters @ rank 3005

Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:20 am

Thanks Hall. I hadn't contemplated the possible loss of them until this:

senatorhung wrote:
already keeping an eye on my stock of Shockpulse Charger (Uses Left: 13) as well.

Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next