View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Geminis - why bother? 

Chade wrote:
Would love to see these trigger when you attack as well, not just as a defense, that would really make them useful

2% chance of firing X 3 = 5.8% chance per shot of triggering, an average of about 17 shots to trigger once, which means to trigger 10x (guaranteed kill on any offline ship) would take an average of about 173 shots. Doesn't sound terrible actually, would make them a much more useful mod, and doesn't seem like it would really be a PVP breaking change, but it would make PVP more interesting.

Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:34 am

the best thing to help pvp would be that all halced ships would glow a nice bright pink color .

Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:13 am

keithor wrote:
the best thing to help pvp would be that all halced ships would glow a nice bright pink color .

Why pink?

Also, I'd love it if players with the halc trap protection or calming amp protection just didn't show up on the BT.

Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:46 am

Toruk_Makto wrote:
keithor wrote:

Why pink?

Also, I'd love it if players with the halc trap protection or calming amp protection just didn't show up on the BT.

how would the trap get tripped if they never showed up on the BT ?

Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:21 am

Chade wrote:
Toruk_Makto wrote:
keithor wrote:

Why pink?

how would the trap get tripped if they never showed up on the BT ?

At least right now if they are wearing a halc, then it can be tripped, and a few hours later someone else has a chance to badge them. If they never show up on the bt then they could technically set just one trap a week and never get disabled. Or at least until they perform an offensive action or guard a planet or something. I wonder how many badges I get from players that were halc'd and had someone else trip it before I attacked them.

Unless your talking about those that have already had the trap tripped or are currently under the effect of the calming amp? That might be reasonable, but then you could still hack them for a blue. ;l

Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:49 am

Shadeslayer wrote:
Unless your talking about those that have already had the trap tripped or are currently under the effect of the calming amp? That might be reasonable, but then you could still hack them for a blue.

Yes, when they can't be hit at all

Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:27 pm

ICBLF wrote:
keithor wrote:
they work wonders when your online and have someone on the hamster wheel ,just wait till their shields go down then kill them ,there is nothing sweeter than a two shot kill on someone attacking you

I dunno, never having Silthions spawn on my BT when I'm NPCing is pretty sweet. It at least rivals the sweetness of an occasional 2 shot kill.

Just finished getting mine. Took less than 1 week of drones showing up on my BT. One week may be more than never, but not a whole lot more than never.

Last edited by Arturo on Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:23 am

Arturo wrote:
ICBLF wrote:
keithor wrote:
they work wonders when your online and have someone on the hamster wheel ,just wait till their shields go down then kill them ,there is nothing sweeter than a two shot kill on someone attacking you

I dunno, never having Silthions spawn on my BT when I'm NPCing is pretty sweet. It at least rivals the sweetness of an occasional 2 shot kill.

Just finished getting mine. Took less than 1 week of drones showing up on my BT. One week may be more than never, but a whole lot more than never.

LOL, drones are only one of the Silthion spawn. You're stuck with Hive Colonies (or Hybrid Clusters which are honestly decent) and Queens in perpetuity.

Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:03 am

ICBLF wrote:
LOL, drones are only one of the Silthion spawn. You're stuck with Hive Colonies (or Hybrid Clusters which are honestly decent) and Queens in perpetuity.

Hadn't thought of it like that. Well played sir, well played.

There was a time when I wanted Queens and was grateful that I had legion mates that could alert them. While the Hive Colonies are annoying they do get replaced by the 'honestly decent' Hybrid Clusters. They also helped me get my boss soloing medal. Finding the Silthions and alerting them for legion mates that want the drops is good enough reason to get them in perpetuity for me.

Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:34 am

Toruk_Makto wrote:

Terrible idea. I love finding players that have under 10min left on a halc aura or calming amp. I just shelf that tab and come back to them when it's finished. They come back online to find their protection was worthless.

Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:52 am

Because if I am going to be defending myself against multiple ships I want at least one or two of them to kill themselves during the take down.

The Prisoner wrote:
You know something's wrong when the Trade Outpost sub-forum has the most interesting topics

Well it was an ill considered idea in the first place.

Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2