View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Geminis - why bother? 

Why do so many ships chase Geminis?

Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:21 am

Because they aren't chasing other constellations :P ooooo...that's not a bad idea...what if there was a set of ship mods for every one of the zodiac? O.O

Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:24 am

Toruk_Makto wrote:
Because they aren't chasing other constellations :P ooooo...that's not a bad idea...what if there was a set of ship mods for every one of the zodiac? O.O

I like it, you should make a suggestions post.

Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:29 am

ICBLF wrote:
Toruk_Makto wrote:

I like it, you should make a suggestions post.

Will do! thanks for the inspiration :mrgreen:

Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:30 am

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=41232

Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:41 am

they slow down attackers, people don't like being hit for 10% of their hull+ shields when they are hitting someone, also means they are likely to have to repair before they can get the kill meaning greater chance if your online you'll be able to successfullly defend

Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:52 am

They also have an attractive attack to deck ratio or at least they did back when I was getting them.

That's meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:26 pm

As an SSB... to piss people off.

I did some naughty things, and now they have put me in the Royal Asylum, based in Chesterton

Alumni of the Crimson Lances and Lords of Infinity

Rank 971, Strict SSB,Possibly the jazziest ship in the universe

Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:40 pm

Personally, I wont get them before 900 because as an heavy Npc'er, I dont want to be clogged with hives all the damn time.

Player Kills 2110
Deaths from Players 1082

I kill and I get killed, could not care less about "defending"... waste of time IMO. Die, repair, keep playing.

Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:34 pm

The way I see it, Geminis are marginally useful for defending Exotica or the like, and while they may dissuade an occasional red badging, they are not really a long term preventative. At some point, those who are badging you are willing to take 10+ minutes for a kill anyhow, so a few more shield restorers isn't going to hold them back.

Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:34 am

ICBLF wrote:
The way I see it, Geminis are marginally useful for defending Exotica or the like, and while they may dissuade an occasional red badging, they are not really a long term preventative. At some point, those who are badging you are willing to take 10+ minutes for a kill anyhow, so a few more shield restorers isn't going to hold them back.

appreciate the effort to try to weaken the pvp pool ... but you are being too obvious about it.

gemini cannons are an excellent addition for those pursuing a 100% damage cap rating, and a nice addition for anyone else who wants to make themselves a tougher nut to chew on in pvp. if you are already at a laughable combat rep, gemini cannons will not magically save you.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:24 am
Profile WWW

ICBLF wrote:

If you get them at a low enough rank then you can scare off a lot of ships.

Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:30 pm

senatorhung wrote:
appreciate the effort to try to weaken the pvp pool ... but you are being too obvious about it.

You're probably aware that I rarely go for the kill anyhow, hence my relatively low ranking on the kills board. No desire to weaken the pool here, I just think people's goals should be discussed so the newer players have a chance of avoiding earlier generation's wastes (e.g. Geminis).

Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:36 pm

They have reasonably good deck/dam and if you don't enjoy getting disabled, they can slow down an opponent a bit, giving you extra time to repair and/or retrap. Those perks are nice.

Don't know why this is, because repairing is not a huge deal (what halfway decent player doesn't have an overflow of nanos by rank 150?), but if you get Geminis at an exceptionally low rank, they are a big deterrent, too. Maybe people see them on your ship at rank 460 and think you're way better/more hardcore than you might actually be? Dunno, but it does have an effect.

And as Bongo and Senator point out, they can be especially annoying with a smaller ship build. Taking 3-4 times as long as normal to disable a ship (even if you're hitting at/near cap) and having to repair constantly is supa annoying, and I know I'm not alone in that sentiment.

Damage cap goes up with rank and people have fewer non-halced targets and way more energy to waste, so this is more relevant under rank 1200 or so.

Finally, loads of ships start transitioning from PVP to NPC around rank 750. Now that almost everybody has Bainar/Thraacti maxed, lots of people only "PVP" for scan badges or Legion Missions. Combine Geminis with SSB build, and you'll essentially ward off all of these casual PVPers who only want a few quick kills between halcs.

Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:20 pm

they work wonders when your online and have someone on the hamster wheel ,just wait till their shields go down then kill them ,there is nothing sweeter than a two shot kill on someone attacking you

Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:47 am

keithor wrote:
they work wonders when your online and have someone on the hamster wheel ,just wait till their shields go down then kill them ,there is nothing sweeter than a two shot kill on someone attacking you

I dunno, never having Silthions spawn on my BT when I'm NPCing is pretty sweet. It at least rivals the sweetness of an occasional 2 shot kill.

Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:22 am

keithor wrote:

This

Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:37 pm

Would love to see these trigger when you attack as well, not just as a defense, that would really make them useful

Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:07 pm

Chade wrote:
Would love to see these trigger when you attack as well, not just as a defense, that would really make them useful

You woud like to see anything that would nerf ssbs completely... :roll:

Stark Tech Inside

Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:42 pm

Peticks wrote:
Chade wrote:

You woud like to see anything that would nerf ssbs completely... :roll:

It would affect Everyone, not just SSB's.. and It would IMPROVE Pvp... instead of clicking for 2,3,5 minutes or however long it would take, it would add a faster pace dimension to pvp.. make it .. enjoyable...

Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next