View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Max Efficient Decks Based on (Scan + Cloaking) 

Sharnhorst wrote:
Tree7304 wrote:
Temporal Containment Shell Cloak +140
(40% Upgrade)
I believe it goes to 200% and it gives you an extra 25 actions for your TM use

Fair point about the Darmos Drone, as of now it takes space but not sure what happens when it turns into an ally.

You can turn it into an ally, and then do the mission again to get the module if you really like it...(and upgrade it up to 150% so it does not turn into a 2nd ally :P).

But as mentioned, cloak is pretty much useless if your decks are low and you have maxed out your scan. And there are other things that are nice to have too, like the geminis (no point on keeping low decks for PvP if you are going to remove these), and things that increase attack by a percentage (e.g. Carjean Scatterlauncher, Chromatic Cannon 2.0, etc).

In high ranked pvp, with a large crew, cloaking becomes essential in avoiding the chance of receiving a critical hit whie in combat. The idea is to be able to take more hits instead of allowing someone to constantlu deal max damage to you. Weapons are easily taken down and tactical officers are the core of brute strength. The point in limiting space is to be lower in decks instead of having rusty modules.

If for some reason, Dan decides to up the medals received for drecks passed 4500, then there is no point in getting large amount of decks early on. Maybe if he has a medal that requires 10018 decks for the endgame max damage, then it'll be worthit to not limit deck space.

Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:59 pm

Ludis wrote:
Sharnhorst wrote:
Tree7304 wrote:
Temporal Containment Shell Cloak +140
(40% Upgrade)
I believe it goes to 200% and it gives you an extra 25 actions for your TM use

Fair point about the Darmos Drone, as of now it takes space but not sure what happens when it turns into an ally.

You can turn it into an ally, and then do the mission again to get the module if you really like it...(and upgrade it up to 150% so it does not turn into a 2nd ally :P).

But as mentioned, cloak is pretty much useless if your decks are low and you have maxed out your scan. And there are other things that are nice to have too, like the geminis (no point on keeping low decks for PvP if you are going to remove these), and things that increase attack by a percentage (e.g. Carjean Scatterlauncher, Chromatic Cannon 2.0, etc).

In high ranked pvp, with a large crew, cloaking becomes essential in avoiding the chance of receiving a critical hit whie in combat. The idea is to be able to take more hits instead of allowing someone to constantlu deal max damage to you. Weapons are easily taken down and tactical officers are the core of brute strength. The point in limiting space is to be lower in decks instead of having rusty modules.

If for some reason, Dan decides to up the medals received for drecks passed 4500, then there is no point in getting large amount of decks early on. Maybe if he has a medal that requires 10018 decks for the endgame max damage, then it'll be worthit to not limit deck space.

I have ~500k crew and 3050 decks @ rank 3003 (they are pretty cramped up, poor guys ;P) ... and still think cloak is useless ;P A critical hit when you have more than 1m combined hull + shield means very little...

In high ranking PvP there are 2 scenarios:
1 - Player online: no point on trying to get a disable... max you can do is piss each other off :P
2 - Player offline: easy disable, only factor is number of hits but end result is the same (red / yellow badge).

In either scenario, avoiding a few critical hits will have close to zero impact (e.g. when both players have more than 500k+ combined hull and shield at least).

Other stats such as scan or attack (specially things that add a percentage) are much much more useful.

Here are a few examples of things that are a lot more useful than cloaking modules:

Carjean Scatterlauncher (% atk vs bases is huge at high rank)
Chromatic Cannon 2.0 (at least one to use the buff)
T-Plasma Gemini Cannon x3 (only defense while you are offline)
Uldri Wave Ejector (% atk buff vs players, great for PvP)
Aegis Capacitor x3 (increased shield by %)
Auto-Evasion Node (increased defence when under attack)
BM50 Convoy Shuttle x3 (so so; if your ship is small not needed)
T.O. Harmonic TeraPulser x4
T.O. Heliofield (moar shields %)
Trinity-Core Drive x2 (increased defence when under attack)
VARA Interface (great planetary buff if you have a nice planet :P)
Velox Thruster x3 (permanent % defense increase)
Protean Arsenal x3 (e.g. bonus when raiding glass bases that you can hit once only :P)
Kalvium Fortified Plating x2 (increased % hull)
Dark AssemblyBot x3 (less upkeep... I'll probably remove those at some point soon)
Alarri Probability Core
Autonomous Processor (hope it keeps the 5% atk vs bases for good :))

Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:20 pm

Scruuge seasonal hull module is missing. another 30 decks there

The Prisoner wrote:
You know something's wrong when the Trade Outpost sub-forum has the most interesting topics

Well it was an ill considered idea in the first place.

Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:43 am

ODragon wrote:
Ludis wrote:
I'm only missing a part about raiding bases, but for pvping raids, it is just a bonus from a successful raid.

I'd never heard this... This might be worth its own discussion...

Just saw this, here's my two cents. Proteans definitely affect your chance of a successful ship raid. I have not tracked crit data, so I don't know if they increase your chances for crit raids. That seems likely, and would be the only way they affect the amount of AP or MP from specific raids, as I still see an even distribution in raided amounts (between 0.5x and 2x rank of the ship being raided, doubled for crits) even with Thraccti and all Protean Arsenals on board.

Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2