View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
 Repeating Klorvis Again (and Again and Again and Again)... 

Just wondering how you treat the repeatable "The Klorvis Aftermath" mission, and if you consider it worth it to do it regularly?

Asking because I've been chasing those Omni Field Regulators (only one so far, despite 46 completions), and really, the energy cost is far from prohibitive and the drops are all useful. Originally had planned to stop doing it once I had three regulators, but maybe not?

Anyhow, how do you Klorvis?

Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:09 pm

Pongoloid wrote:
Just wondering how you treat the repeatable "The Klorvis Aftermath" mission, and if you consider it worth it to do it regularly?

Asking because I've been chasing those Omni Field Regulators (only one so far, despite 46 completions), and really, the energy cost is far from prohibitive and the drops are all useful. Originally had planned to stop doing it once I had three regulators, but maybe not?

Anyhow, how do you Klorvis?

I always do the mission, granted i'm rank 3249, but i find 2 of the drops useful still.

The first being Klorvis Supply Conduit's, because, who is going to say no to 30% production boost. :)

The second are the Klorvis Shroud Generators... just like an adumbrate station, but without the artifact +1, additional planetary cloak is always welcome for my planets.

Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:24 pm

kirkeastment wrote:
I always do the mission, granted i'm rank 3249, but i find 2 of the drops useful still.

The first being Klorvis Supply Conduit's, because, who is going to say no to 30% production boost. :)

The second are the Klorvis Shroud Generators... just like an adumbrate station, but without the artifact +1, additional planetary cloak is always welcome for my planets.
Interesting :)

Do you remember about when you started doing Klorvis every day?

And what do you do with your troop gates? I use them on my not-good-enough-to-stress-about-making-invisible-but-too-good-for-pure-production-planets, but there may come a day when even those planets are PP...

Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:40 pm

Pongoloid wrote:
kirkeastment wrote:

Interesting :)

Do you remember about when you started doing Klorvis every day?

And what do you do with your troop gates? I use them on my not-good-enough-to-stress-about-making-invisible-but-too-good-for-pure-production-planets, but there may come a day when even those planets are PP...

2 years ago(731 completions), so i guess i started doing it daily, as soon as it came out?

As for the troop gates, i just let them pile up and if/when i brick a planet up i'll toss one on just for the sake of it, other than that, they just collect dust in my cargo lol.

Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:57 pm

I've completed it 64 times. I love the conduits, shroud generators are okay, and i scrap the troop gateways for the CTP

Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:36 pm

Now that I have all three Regulators, can't really justify doing it repeatedly, given Raix, Bases, Legion Missions, and all the other energy sucks there are out there.

The verdict:
  • Am a big fan of the Shroud generators and Supply Conduits.
  • Troop Gates are OK in certain instances.
  • If I were to get another Regulator, would be annoyed at the wasted energy/gained XP

Once I don't have any excuses not to Klorvis any more, I probably won't go back to it.

IMO, if the XP return were lower or the rewards just a bit nicer, it'd be a no-brainer. But as it stands, it's 8k XP per day on a bunch of stuff I want but don't really need.

Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:53 pm

The Klorvis Aftermath
0 / 10 Completion Level: 248

That's mine.

Once upon a time I was chasing the ship modules, and struggling to complete the mission because of energy issues and they seemed so rare.
Now I am after only one thing, the supply conduit, and they seem to get rarer by the day.
I collect 10 debris and then open them up together to get some "stats" . I get 1-3 supply conduit per set of 10 debris. Rough math here would suggest a 20% drop rate for those (rather than the 25% you'd expect). But it makes a huge difference on my best rift so I do it daily.

Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:15 pm

haven't even done it once yet ... still can not carry 3000 scan at all times with the number of decks i have.

even when i do get sufficient decks, i likely won't be doing this mission regularly until after rank 2200, when the xp gain will not hurt me in other areas.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:38 pm
Profile WWW

Everyday. Love the conduits. Scrapping omnis and hold onto a few gateways

Paired with the raix repeatable and the science contract mission

I rank everyday 1494 now

Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:55 am

detregets wrote:

I rank everyday 1494 now

People who do this kind of stuff should read this thread more often: http://galaxylegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=41162

Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:41 am

detregets wrote:
Everyday. Love the conduits. Scrapping omnis and hold onto a few gateways

I rank everyday 1494 now
Why the science contract mission?

Raix has some very cool toys -- love the 5:2 ratio of the upgraded bunker/refinery combo and can't wait to max the Mega Weapon thingie! Klorvis offers some nice stuff, too, though the cost/benefit could be debated.

But the science contract? I just don't understand why you'd do it. Surely you don't need extra planetary research?

Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:05 am

I like having the Res buffs for my rifts

Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:15 am

The Klorvis Aftermath - Completion Level: 144

how do i klorvis? the answer is as often as i can because Conduits are sexy.

The Prisoner wrote:
You know something's wrong when the Trade Outpost sub-forum has the most interesting topics

Well it was an ill considered idea in the first place.

Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:02 pm

The Klorvis Aftermath
0 / 10 Completion Level: 183

I haven't got a supply conduit in well over a week. Maybe even two weeks, now. I do the mission every single day.

Klorvis Shroud Generator (Uses Left: 20)
Klorvis Troop Gateway (Uses Left: 7)
1 Omni-Field Regulator(s) scrapped for 17 Complex Tech Parts (I scrap them as I get them).

Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:39 pm

The Klorvis Aftermath
0 / 10 Completion Level: 51

I haven't done this mission since I got my 3rd scan module. I did get 10 Klorvis Supply Conduits for my efforts. But I don't think the drop rate is high enough to justify the XP gain.

I may reconsider this after I hit rank 2200, though.

#1 in GL... and in your heart

ImageImage

Top 50 in Battles
Top 10 in Kills, Raids, Hacks and Medal Points
Officer in Empire of the Sun

Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:42 pm

Rank 1500+
The Klorvis Aftermath
0 / 10 Completion Level: 79
Don't do it all that often, generally when trying to really maximize productions for a short term, in conjunction with other temp buffs.

Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:11 pm

130 completions and counting

Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]