View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 question.... 

For everyday general set up, should my scan be higher than my cloak, or cloak higher than scan, or both the same? Thought, suggestions...

cheers in advance....

Galaxy Top Players - Rank:#17 Research:#10 Battles:#7 Kills:#19 Hacks:#9 Raids:#3

Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:04 pm

What is generally you're doing?

Generally, I would want my scan as low as I can, but high enough to see some NPCs (mind you that Grivv and Kelethor got 5k cloak).
More cloak than scan will give you the ability to hack *all your BT targets (because you see only ppl with low cloak, and most of the times they got low scan too),
but having too much cloak will make you invisible to lower-ranked ships and expose you to higher ranked instead. I don't find this to be much problem for me, but I think it's worth mentioning :)

Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:40 pm
Profile WWW

So funny thing with scan and cloak. Seems when you lower scan you find easier BT targets. Which is somewhat counterintuitive but true. Also true having higher cloak invites only higher bt attacks--due to only those players with good scan - which usually ties hand in hand with more power and size and rank.

Unless of course you can cloak to such a level almost no one sees you !

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:00 am

cloaking to a point where only a few can see you is almost impossible.
having nearly all of both modules, scan and cloak, scan sits a solid 2K above cloak, and the repeatabl buffs for scan are much greater then all the cloak ones together.

Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:17 am

Azalin159 wrote:
cloaking to a point where only a few can see you is almost impossible.
having nearly all of both modules, scan and cloak, scan sits a solid 2K above cloak, and the repeatabl buffs for scan are much greater then all the cloak ones together.

It is very possible to supercloak your ship to the point where only people running insane amounts of scan for planet scanning have a chance to see you.
Hopefully Juiceman will post his highest cloak level so far so you can decide for yourself.

Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:26 am

To help out, i was requested to show my perm cloak: 19784

This is still growing and has potential for at least another 200-300 with lm and upgrades per my calcs. With ust buff it makes well over 22k.

Thanks!

Ps- invisibility does exist!

Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:38 am

Who said that?

:shock:

Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:43 am

MIght also help you to know I have all 10 allies and 9 are maxed with Kriej at 56. Tenebris arti is 40% upgraded.

Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:44 am

thanks for all the posts, im currently running around 10k scan and cloak, with cloak slightly higher than scan, but normally(when i have defence mods installed) run around 5k scan and cloak with cloak again slightly higher than scan. Im not bothered about who can see me, just meant for general pvp/npc/base hitting purposes, was there any advantage to having 1 slightly higher than the other , or both the same....? The logic that having cloak slightly higher than scan so u can hack all your BT targets seems to make sense...so il go with that if there are no other suggestions...thankyou again for your replies.. :)

Galaxy Top Players - Rank:#17 Research:#10 Battles:#7 Kills:#19 Hacks:#9 Raids:#3

Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:00 am

Quote:
The logic that having cloak slightly higher than scan so u can hack all your BT targets seems to make sense...so il go with that if there are no other suggestions...thankyou again for your replies..
This is only my own experience, but I'd just fit as much cloak and scan on my ship as possible, regardless.

At lower ranks, had to swap a lot, and for a while, set scan way lower than cloak while hacking (591 scan, 1071 cloak, approx. rank 250-300). Got counter-crit hacked at an alarming rate with that set up and it made hacking super stressful (was sharing approx. 3 planets per week with enemies, including two nice ones!). Superstar suggested upping my scan and not worrying about being able to hack *everybody* on the BT, and his remedy worked like a charm: since I started running with as much scan and cloak as possible, counter-crits have become a virtual non-issue.

True, can't hack everybody on my BT, but that's what flares are for, right? Unless you are a binge-and-purge PVPer, or PVP is all you engage in, flaring a few juicy targets each day isn't going to cause you to TM lock, and having the extra scan certainly *seems* to provide more protection from counter-crits, which is more important, IMO.

Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]