View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Neverhalc's Ship Log 

Was a little bored so I decided to take snapshots of all the relevant stuff and see what opinion on my ship is. Pics aren't the actual stats at the moment. Attack and Defense are higher as I swapped some things around again. was in rank up mode still when I took the pics.

Rank 269 Aerlen Hacker (stupid Sha'Din NPC medal)

DOH... forgot something Image

The Prisoner wrote:
You know something's wrong when the Trade Outpost sub-forum has the most interesting topics

Well it was an ill considered idea in the first place.

Last edited by Serne on Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:41 am

Nice production!
And attack
And defense

I don't have much advice to give, since your ship looks good. Hull is fine for a non-fixer... maybe add Kalvium fortifieds when you have time to do the missions? Keep doing what you're doing :D

Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:19 pm

Do ya'll hate screen caps or something? Or is there just no interest, except from Chia, in my ship?

The Prisoner wrote:
You know something's wrong when the Trade Outpost sub-forum has the most interesting topics

Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:27 am

Looking good Serne, I'm always interested in play time as well as rank but everything looks solid to me.

My only suggestion would be bolting on your nulls.

Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:23 am

Deigobene wrote:
Looking good Serne, I'm always interested in play time as well as rank but everything looks solid to me.

My only suggestion would be bolting on your nulls.

I am working on getting the Nulls on right now have 5 of them up as of today. Held off on them for a long time as I simply didn't want to pay the upkeep on them and like to run a massive surplus on creds.

As for play time I'm just a bit over a year into the game now. Got my 365 day medal last week.

I stopped adding decks with rank points at about 1900 and have just been using ship bots so my ships size is growing alot slower now but my crew count is going up massively.

Have been doing a 4:1 eng:tac split on rank ups and then 1:2 eng:tac with my prisoners.

Atk/def are now at

Attack: 4497
Defense: 6204
with the same scan and cloak as prior

The Prisoner wrote:

Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:56 am

Get rid of the scan and cloak, the space could be better used for other stuff, such as defense. Try to work your way up to Syncopated hull too. Other than that you know what you're doing and keep it up!

Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:00 pm

Can't decrease cloak any more than it already is, and the scanner is on for finding the cloaked elites. Once I hit 300 I'll be upping the scan to 2k in the hopes of finding Caelon. Though right now I do switch out the scanner for a Trans-Temporal when I go offline

With my mining I could probably support the Syncos and, maybe, Heavy Thetas once I get them both researched.

Am working on getting the last relays under my belt then gonna finish the +12s. Guess I should research Syncos after that though

The Prisoner wrote:

Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:38 pm

If your ship allows chinchillas on-board, you are golden. Consider bunnies and cats too though.

Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:37 pm

jimjimtata wrote:
If your ship allows chinchillas on-board, you are golden. Consider bunnies and cats too though.

Before I actually did have some bunnies and kitties on board, but the bunnies just kept breeding and the cats kept terrorizing the chinchillas.

The Prisoner wrote:

Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:08 pm

Like others said, looking good :D
The only things I would do different are as follows -
Rank points I would swap your ratio round 4:1 T.O.'s:Eng's, atm all mine go to TO's. I am aiming for 2K (currently 1913) and find I can still do plenty of damage with only my Dom Cannon 3's installed.
I would also put some research into cloak, but I am doing this only for the planet structures, not the ship mods. You obviously have good def on your planets, but I'm starting to see the advantage of cloaking planets over defending them. I plan to make a storage planet with hopefully enough cloak to hide it from all.
Last thing is your helmsman, they seem very low. Maybe you're saving them up for CT Lab artis?? Probably a good idea if you are.

Philus

Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:32 am

swinephil wrote:
Like others said, looking good :D
The only things I would do different are as follows -
Rank points I would swap your ratio round 4:1 T.O.'s:Eng's, atm all mine go to TO's. I am aiming for 2K (currently 1913) and find I can still do plenty of damage with only my Dom Cannon 3's installed.
I would also put some research into cloak, but I am doing this only for the planet structures, not the ship mods. You obviously have good def on your planets, but I'm starting to see the advantage of cloaking planets over defending them. I plan to make a storage planet with hopefully enough cloak to hide it from all.
Last thing is your helmsman, they seem very low. Maybe you're saving them up for CT Lab artis?? Probably a good idea if you are.

Philus

Close to finishing up my second Velox right now, as well as my first Aegis. Then just need to save up 100 more helmsman and 200 more x-charge cells and I'll be good to go to start actually using the dang things. As for the cloak research I have a few other things that are higher on my list currently, but getting those 800 cloak structures are definitely on my to do list.

The Prisoner wrote:

Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:37 am

Time for an update after like... almost 3 months. Big honking picture to follow cuz I was bored and wanted to make a monstrosity.

Sacrificing defense for cloak at the moment cuz of a planet I guard habitually to keep it harder to find. Hopefully the cloak problem gets completely fixed up by Dan like he said.

Don't know what else to say except: Almost done with the Hacker vs Hacker medal, I want more AP/H, and flamehawks can suck a tailpipe.

Also not 3/4ths of the planets but 3 or 4. no space to be more clear and I wasn't gonna two line it there.

The Prisoner wrote:

Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:03 am

Lost the account I was using to update this. Password reset never sent e-mails and couldn't work anything out. Never link an already existing account to Facebook connect. IT WILL SCREW YOU.

In no way is this name related to Nefarian from WOW. Have been using it since 6 years before that game first launched.

Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:19 pm

Looking good still, I'm jealous of your arti production :)
I'd suggest saving up ship-bots for a while to get the Anubix Ally. I just got mine and now raiding a lvl 5+ base has the added bonus of ranking him. You have heaps of space, I'm about 900 decks at rank 348, so shouldn't be a problem not adding the decks for a while.
You got plans of which missions you're doing?? I can't recommend Taltherian chain highly enough, I'm getting close to finishing.

Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:37 am

For missions I'm going: Mylarai til the Kalvium part then finishing up Silthion for my next 2 aphotics. after that it's 2k scan and NPCing for a while to find caelon the asteroids and the Hybrid. Talth is on my radar but I absolutely loath doing missions. I've seriously tried and about the only way I'm gonna be able to do missions long term is to get up to 16x Rank or better on energy and burn through em like a madman. That'll tin can me something fierce though.

In no way is this name related to Nefarian from WOW. Have been using it since 6 years before that game first launched.

Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:20 am

Yea, it'll weaken you some, but your ship is strong enough, and when you get Talth, you slow right down again

Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:24 am

Sernefarian wrote:
For missions I'm going: Mylarai til the Kalvium part then finishing up Silthion for my next 2 aphotics. after that it's 2k scan and NPCing for a while to find caelon the asteroids and the Hybrid. Talth is on my radar but I absolutely loath doing missions. I've seriously tried and about the only way I'm gonna be able to do missions long term is to get up to 16x Rank or better on energy and burn through em like a madman. That'll tin can me something fierce though.

Be warned about the Mylarai chain If you are planing to npc for a while, because you probably wont manage to cap the Octafari Leviathain. They ware pain in the but for me :) but some players keep them because it is a dcent ctp income. Altho if you can buy drannik sabs for 2-3 ctp you get double that so it is a decent income if you cap them, but with sabs so a few options here I personaly finished the mission appart from the last one. Imo Silithon is pointless to invest in if you dont have over 1500scan to look for the larva. It is allways good to get some nrg but getting 16x times rank will take you fairly long even if you are using all points (prisoners/rank up) so you could lower your goal to 13x which will asure your auto-rank from mission/npc(50% on mision/50% on NPC-ing and it variates dpending on neural interface on/off or/and RSL mem). Many high rank players have told me not to go for talth before a certain rank some say 600 some 700 even higher It is up to you. But If you havent done the Trelith chain and the CTP chain(at least to get the scaners) they are a pretty good place to dump nrg.

Your ship looks great overall is what I think and well done on the production.

Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:40 am

Kind of wondering what race/profession to choose after I finish up hacker vs. hacker medal.

Was thinking Konqul/Aerlen Excavator to boost growth. OR I could go Aerlen Physicist and be able to do all but one of the legion missions.

If I had Genetar open I'd go Genetar Physicist for the combination of medal points and full legion mission capability. Vygoid Physicist &would give full LM capabilities as well, but I don't really need more research.

And I haven't done Trellith Chain and gotten Signal processors, been meaning to do those as well.

Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:38 am

Decided to make this into an actual ship log. From here on out I'll probably updated around every 50 ranks or so.

After the last update I went Aerlen Excavator and since then have added around 400 tactical officers. Been wanting to hit 8k unbuffed attack before rank 400 but think it is gonna take some slow ranking to achieve.

Have been working on the Trellith and Talth chains almost exclusively and have put Silthion, Mylarai and most other missions on the back burner. Have been doing some NPCing to lessen the wait times but other than that all missions. It's definitely a different pace.

Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:22 pm

An update cuz it's been a little over 50 ranks.

Productions are: 8136 MP/h. 15116 AP/H 9375 RP/H

Since the last update I have added:

26 Decks
492 Engineers
1107 tactical officers
406 Helmsman
795 Scientists

1533 MP/H
4369 AP/H
1515 RP/H

I decided to power through the Exotic Chain to get Tactical Remodulation and so far am absolutely LOVING the ability. Makes NPC runs go a heckuva lot smoother. Have gotten halfway through the Trellith chain. As well as reached my goal of 8k unbuffed attack by rank 400. now working on getting energy to 12x ratio in order to be able to autorank on NPCs if I so desire.

The Prisoner wrote:

Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:11 am
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next