View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Would have been nice to know about Bane Psybeacons. 

Did you know that upgrading these sucker cost green badges?

Proud Member, OBEvanKanobe Royal Big Rusty Behind with Huge Ego Society

Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:04 pm

Exterminus wrote:

ya like 8 weeks ago when the Bane event started, and someone first placed the artifact.

Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:09 pm

Exterminus wrote:

Thank you. Will add to wiki later once back at PC. I know it was 3 for 1st upgrade and 10 for the final but not sure about one in middle. Was it also 3?

Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:10 pm

1 - 2 4 green badges.
2 - 3 4 green badges
3 - 4 10 green badges

Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:19 pm

Exterminus wrote:
1 - 2 4 green badges.
2 - 3 4 green badges
3 - 4 10 green badges

Thank you, thought it was 3. Wiki has been edited.

Last edited by Pitch Ninja on Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:22 pm

Why is this in issues and support?!

Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:28 pm

Because I had an issue with it.

Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:15 pm

In general, it is a bit annoying that full information isn't always given at the time you could use it. Look at a lot of the allies, you have no idea if they are worth getting until almost 100 days later.

Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:35 pm

ODragon wrote:
In general, it is a bit annoying that full information isn't always given at the time you could use it. Look at a lot of the allies, you have no idea if they are worth getting until almost 100 days later.

Discovering as you go is part of the fabric of GL though. If that fundamental mechanic is a problem, then a suggestion should be made, not a support request.

What's next, a thread titled "Wish I'd known about the TM limit" wherein the OP asks in surprise if anyone knew that CMs affect it too?

Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:03 am

ICBLF wrote:
Discovering as you go is part of the fabric of GL though. If that fundamental mechanic is a problem, then a suggestion should be made, not a support request.

I'm on your side but something about having to discover things after you can no longer get them leaves a bad taste in my mouth. At his level, he might have gone all out to get lots of the planetary building only to find out, he can't get the most from them and would have rather spend the energy elsewhere.

I'm just speaking out loud, I don't really care one way or the other, where I am in the game, those things don't bother me much but I can see it.

Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:16 am

Pitch Ninja wrote:
Exterminus wrote:
1 - 2 4 green badges.
2 - 3 4 green badges
3 - 4 10 green badges

good job on the edits ... i tweaked a bit afterwards. one note ... avoid messing with Caraamon's wiki templates ... breaking them breaks more than just the page you are working on. if in doubt, do what you eventually did, and just use a non.template page to copy and paste from.

also, i saw that you had created a page using a misnamed link. you ended up fixing the link and making a new correct page ... so i went in and deleted the original misnamed page (one of the few extra powers that a wiki admin has). so thanks to you and a few of the other new wiki editors for keeping on top of things !

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:00 am
Profile WWW

I'm with Ben. But for some items in the dailies especially they are usually archived. The seasonal never seen stuff is little more chaotic and iffy. I also agree with the senator. Live, learn, explore, roll the dice on these things. I think one precept to follow might be use new things sparingly. Then if they suck, you aren't out a big chunk of time/effort/etc and if they rock, there are always new planets and so forth to make good use of them.

The ally is probably the ultimate dice roll. For most of them, GP allies aside, you can wait out and let others eventually give you the data...or you can forge ahead and stay up with the curve to enjoy their potential as early as possible.

Also, many people seem to lament npc'ing as unworthwhile if the seasonal stuff isn't up to their desires. You still get to carriers, extractors, and loads of other goodies from npc'ing. So it's not so much a waste in the big picture. Disappointing, possibly for the artis you are aiming for, but not a true loss for gameplay.

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:17 am

senatorhung wrote:
Pitch Ninja wrote:
Exterminus wrote:
1 - 2 4 green badges.
2 - 3 4 green badges
3 - 4 10 green badges

good job on the edits ... i tweaked a bit afterwards. one note ... avoid messing with Caraamon's wiki templates ... breaking them breaks more than just the page you are working on. if in doubt, do what you eventually did, and just use a non.template page to copy and paste from.

also, i saw that you had created a page using a misnamed link. you ended up fixing the link and making a new correct page ... so i went in and deleted the original misnamed page (one of the few extra powers that a wiki admin has). so thanks to you and a few of the other new wiki editors for keeping on top of things !

It was a lot of playing around to figure out how I did that and quite honestly I don't remember how. If you could, please message me how to do both things you mentioned so I can keep that on hand to refer to for future so I do correctly from then on? I am coming to this with ZERO experience but I have a least learned a little bit so far.

Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]