View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Silixx really? 

jx2012 wrote:
you think sillixx is hard to find. try to find a vygoid and a zolazin that's not invisible

Max your scan as if you're looking for planets and you'll see those zolazin

Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:41 pm

I found 4 vygoid and several zol...just now got my sillix...oooooooooooh yeah!

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:50 pm

i'm wishing that this kind of PvP hunt could be a feature of every seasonal ;)

currently we have these medals:
- doorbuster - raiding races
- equal opportunity - raiding professions
- first contact - disabling races

so still room for:

- disabling professions
- hacking races
- hacking professions
- invade a planet from professions
- invade a planet from races

thinking about the chuhn seasonal, you could have a 'trade' gift ... but reverse it so you have to receive a gift from each race / profession

i don't think we need a new medal each year ... but some mechanic where this can come in with each seasonal (with the 8.hour cache drop as a reward) would be very nice !

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:02 pm
Profile WWW

I'm liking this aspect of the seasonal as well and I'm not usually a heavy PvPer. Although I swear there is not one single Lithieor in the game that is a low enough level and/or with a small enough crew that I can actually raid them :cry: 2 tanks of E today, TM locked from hitting the easy ones on the way, and still didn't even see a Lithieor.

One was alerted in our legion yesterday and I gave-up trying to raid him after about a dozen fails or so. He was over 2x my rank, and had been playing for over a year longer than I so, yeah, this is looking like a two-year effort for me to earn the medal at this point. Still fun to try though and I'll be back at it again once I replenish my stock of TMs......

Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:25 pm

I liked it too but there are two things that bug me

1) 90% of the people 1000+ are either konqul or taltherian
2) the other 10% being everyone else are on a slippery slope to quitting due to the rareness of that specific race.

Very cool idea though. loved it.

Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:53 am

Another thot to seeking hard to find races...this is a few week long endeavor...at some point you will likely 'see' the race you want. Tab it and wait and wait and wait more if needed. I did that to get an inergon. Halcs last only so long, be johnny on the spot when it runs out Or Johnny II and collect on someone else's handiwork!

Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:14 am

Yeah, I can definitely see where being an "in demand" race for this medal could cause people of those particular races to feel like just not playing for awhile. I don't know what the solution for that is. Maybe shorten the time frame for that particular medal to just a week or so, idk. Of course there is always the halc/calming amp option, but that restricts their gameplay as well. I suppose they could just switch races for the event, but for a lot of people who don't want to spend GP that could be an issue as well.

As for my own issues obtaining this medal.... I'm coming at it from a different perspective than many who post here. Simply finding the races I need is an issue (although I'm done with everything except Lithieor), but the real issue comes in with the actually being able to raid them part. Not to many Lithieors out there who are so weak they can be raided by someone who's actively played the game less than a year. So tabbing them is good and all, but doesn't really help if I can't raid them even if I do manage to kill them or find them already dead but (miraculously) with actual raids left to be taken. So.....still hopeful and all, but kind-of get the feeling I'll be waiting til next year to bag a Lithieor.

Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:31 am

Toruk_Makto wrote:

2) the other 10% being everyone else are on a slippery slope to quitting due to the rareness of that specific race.

I'm Litheor 8-)

Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:31 am

Mwchism wrote:
Toruk_Makto wrote:

I'm Litheor 8-)

Every time i got up for a minute, i came back disabled :P it's like they were watching me...

Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:17 pm

Mwchism wrote:
I'm Litheor 8-)

Good to know.....Guess I'll be hunting YOU now.... :D Or, maybe not :cry: But, If you happen to see a very low-ranked, under-powered, small crewed, Taltherian trying to raid you, you MIGHT wanna cut the guy a break.... Just sayin' ;)

Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:38 pm

Roddenberry1 wrote:
Mwchism wrote:
I'm Litheor 8-)

Good to know.....Guess I'll be hunting YOU now.... :D Or, maybe not :cry: But, If you happen to see a very low-ranked, under-powered, small crewed, Taltherian trying to raid you, you MIGHT wanna cut the guy a break.... Just sayin' ;)

If you find me, feel free to take me out :P

Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:20 pm

Funny thing is I'd probably be willing to do the massive arti spam, and face the inevitable couple days punishment, if I thought it would help. Pretty much anyone can take anyone out given enough time, energy, and the willingness to arti spam if needed, but as far as I know their is no overcoming the presumably massive differences in our crew sizes; so I couldn't raid you anyway. For the record I have less than 6k crew, total, so I don't see me raiding very many Litheor's successfully :oops:

Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:36 pm

juiceman wrote:
Um, ok.. Not sure how many SIlixx are over level 960, but I'll be a hunting you for the medal.... Surprisingly there are several humans....but guess the big deck fiends have already figured out ship bots are good past a certain point.

The pickins are slim! I've yet to even find one.

Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:17 am
Profile YIM

Roddenberry1 wrote:
Funny thing is I'd probably be willing to do the massive arti spam, and face the inevitable couple days punishment, if I thought it would help. Pretty much anyone can take anyone out given enough time, energy, and the willingness to arti spam if needed, but as far as I know their is no overcoming the presumably massive differences in our crew sizes; so I couldn't raid you anyway. For the record I have less than 6k crew, total, so I don't see me raiding very many Litheor's successfully :oops:

I don't know if you have access to the UST, but there's a 20% raid boost available until the end of the seasonal.

Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:41 pm

No UST access yet, but there was a Litheor alerted earlier today that I was finally able to raid even though he was twice my rank :) So....Medal Complete :mrgreen: Was fun, if frustrating, getting the last couple of races....

Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:14 am

Mwchism wrote:
Roddenberry1 wrote:

I don't know if you have access to the UST, but there's a 20% raid boost available until the end of the seasonal.

That raid boost has been pivotal in the completing of this particular medal. I always forget there are season upgrades.

Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:49 am
Profile YIM

Raven,

Hope you found your missing races. There are 1-2 higher ranker sillix, including one named --appropriately --'sillixer'.
But its an odds game of catching those people
1) not dead and thus not on bt
2) not halced/amped to prevent the anal carnage they would surely find in this 'holiday' season

I ended up getting this race through a LA from a lower ranked player who sees plenty. All the other races i found multiples of, it just took a lot of scan swapping and bumping.

Good luck hunting!

Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:54 am

I've had no such luck. I'm going to check the top ten killers list to see if I find my missing ships. Silixx and Uldrin...Ulrdr...you know which one I'm talking about! The last one.

Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:57 am
Profile YIM

Persephone wrote:
Roddenberry1 wrote:
Same....only different :P I'm only 440 so looking for Uldrinians and/or Lithieor under rank 500 or so so that I can actually raid them is going to be challenging. Sillix and Humans everywhere at my rank though :)

I found a rank 300 something Uldrinian with 1093 scan. He wasn't terribly hard to take down.

I assume you are talking about me, unless there is another Uldrinian out there. I have 871 cloak if anyone want to hunt for me. Not like deaths really matter.

Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:20 am

RavenDark13 wrote:
I've had no such luck. I'm going to check the top ten killers list to see if I find my missing ships. Silixx and Uldrin...Ulrdr...you know which one I'm talking about! The last one.

If you want to get to silixxer, leave a comm in one of Home One members you found in BT, throw an arti or hack :D I believe if you ask nicely he'll let you raid him ^_^

Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:53 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2