View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Updated ship log. Tell me what ya think 

So im undecided on a play style thinking of going to SSB but i believe im to big already but im working on getting my Tac. Officers up my production is sound so i did not post pictures of it. Im hoping to get better at PvP I know im not a very high level but id rather get advice now rather than trying to save my ship later. Oh and heres my research tree.

Last edited by Martya on Fri May 23, 2014 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:37 pm

Also to avoid being laughed at I did not start trying to do PvP until I was Rank 48 thats why i have so many deaths

Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:41 pm

This is me at rank 68, I didint freez rank also I'm not a reset
This is taken at around 60 -70th day from start.
Also I had around 400ish kills to 10 deaths.
Take off all modules and go all hull from at least femionic.
Not really sure about you'r production.
Find better legion, I recommend Chesterton Royal Academy.

Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:59 pm
Profile WWW

My advice to you is to gather as much crew and a lot of hull as possible before rank 100.

In that case, you might want to collect some helmsmen from artifact production to keep your ship strong enough to deal with heavy hitters. Perhaps slow rank a little bit more so you can grow your ship stronger. The recommended amount of defense for your ship is 3x or more your deck space.

Now is a good time for you to start collecting all the badges you can get, especially reds, before rank 100.

Optional: Join my legion "Felons Unleashed" to increase your ship strength incrementally with our artifact base and just sit there and gather production. You just got to collect your shipments and you're good.

Your ship has a lot of potential. Request if you want to join my legion and I'll add you on the spot to start strengthening your ship with time.

Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:46 pm

Thanks for the advice so far guys my next ? is how badly will it affect me if i drop a cannon (thinking of dropping heavy quantum devastator) it would put me at 724 attack unbuffed but would give me room for a BM50 convoy and probally some more hull. Would this be worth it or would i be unable to disable ships?

Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:47 pm

hereforthebeer101 wrote:
Thanks for the advice so far guys my next ? is how badly will it affect me if i drop a cannon (thinking of dropping heavy quantum devastator) it would put me at 724 attack unbuffed but would give me room for a BM50 convoy and probally some more hull. Would this be worth it or would i be unable to disable ships?

You'll be able to take down weaker ships for lesser exp while you slowly rank and strengthen your ship.

In addition to that, bump the strong and kill the weak.

Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:48 pm

Think ive improved a little still alot of work to do any advice is more than welcome. Tell me what ya think

Some Goals:
750 Kills by 100
500 Raids by 100
2500 hull by 100

Fri May 23, 2014 11:56 pm

Martya wrote:
Think ive improved a little still alot of work to do any advice is more than welcome. Tell me what ya think

Some Goals:
750 Kills by 100
500 Raids by 100
2500 hull by 100

at rank 100, i had:

524 player kiills
1968 raids
5079 hull

of course, this was after 10 months of playing, along with 392 decks. if i had to pick 2 out of 3, i would focus on raids and hull, neither of which require you to rank up. make a list of the weakest targets on your bt (in terms of number of hits to drop) and only hit those ones for reds. then just ice.fish for yellows.

senatorhung's analysis: ship log showdown !; SSB strategy; leader in: Ancient Untouchables

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Sat May 24, 2014 3:57 am
Profile WWW

Thanks for the advice senator ive only been playing about 2 and a half months i just started ice fishing recently so i can get all three proteans should have the third in a few days.

So everyone tells me to get my hull wayy up but im not sure the nest way to go about it. Should i freeze/slow rank and use brackets? Or should i drop a cannon and add more modules for hull?

Sat May 24, 2014 3:23 pm

Nice hull progress between your two logs :)

With your deck size, I'd focus more on hull and grow your helmsmen. Getting your final Protean will be a nice boost, and if you can afford the higher-tier researched hull, those will make a big difference in the here-and-now (nevermind that you'll probably drop them someday).

If you really want to add a defensive module, at your rank/deck-size/research level, the only truly worthwhile option I can think of is the Trinity Core drives, and those can't be acquired without GP, unfortunately. Dark Ring Thrusters (from the NPC Boss) might be worth installing in favor of other modules when you go offline, though I'm honestly not sure if the 280 boost is worth the hassle of swapping.

Sat May 24, 2014 9:36 pm

i can afford all the modules i have researched just havent got anything better than nexus researched:/ but i am working on that branch after i get my +8 planet structures

Sat May 24, 2014 9:42 pm

Looks ok, need that 3rd Protean, otherwise people won't take you seriously - expect a substandard build and easy prey. To other new guys, really you should aim to get them by rank 50 if your serious, raid everytime & fish often- beg for TMs & other artis off people.

Also yea, better hull probably. And wouldn't (didn't) have wasted reds on MK II doms. Go straight from I's to III's at rank 100 (incentive to get all reds in place before then.) is a good feeling & bump up, make sure you can pack a full rack.

Take off Energy things, and big gun when sleeping/afk. Put the space into hull, again you need people to look at you and not see prey. If you are small ship and they can't see any weapons/energy/sensors fitted..(ie the things that you mostly easily see without going way over scan vs cloak level) then they know where your deck space is being spent.. and they move onto the next guy. No one cares about your attack when they are hitting you, just the amount of E to spend to get the badges. When PvPing, swap to full attack mode, buff up & mop up easy targets.

but yea in short you have some killing to do..

Fri May 30, 2014 9:51 pm

DreDon wrote:
Looks ok, need that 3rd Protean, otherwise people won't take you seriously - expect a substandard build and easy prey. To other new guys, really you should aim to get them by rank 50 if your serious, raid everytime & fish often- beg for TMs & other artis off people.

Also yea, better hull probably. And wouldn't (didn't) have wasted reds on MK II doms. Go straight from I's to III's at rank 100 (incentive to get all reds in place before then.) is a good feeling & bump up, make sure you can pack a full rack.

Take off Energy things, and big gun when sleeping/afk. Put the space into hull, again you need people to look at you and not see prey. If you are small ship and they can't see any weapons/energy/sensors fitted..(ie the things that you mostly easily see without going way over scan vs cloak level) then they know where your deck space is being spent.. and they move onto the next guy. No one cares about your attack when they are hitting you, just the amount of E to spend to get the badges. When PvPing, swap to full attack mode, buff up & mop up easy targets.

but yea in short you have some killing to do..

Got my third protean just after i posted this and i have enough reds to get 2 mk IIIs and im mainly ranking with PvP(almsot at 500 kills now) so should be able to get all 4 by 100. I am working on getting better hull mods atm so hopefully i can get that to jump up

Fri May 30, 2014 11:46 pm

Havent done a update for awhile was ranking slowly until recent when i started doing some LM's and ranked about 20 times ship is still not nearly where i wanted it to be at this rank have all 4 of my Dominion Mark III's and working on getting medal points to updrage to auto blasters Any advice is welcomed EDIT- this is not my shipped completely buffed only have ACF and Grid console on in this picture

Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:52 am

Rank 78 on May 23
Rank 154 on Sep 11

~110 days
So at a conservative 70k base payout daily
You gained (assuming you collected base payouts most days)
Lets just call it 80 of everything from base payouts
so 80 prisoners, 80 helmsmen

76 ranks
380 rank points

+409 Engineers
+1031 Tactical Officers
+302 Helmsmen

Engineers + Tac = 720 rank points spent
80 prisoners from base payouts = 240
+ the 380 from ranking

620 rank points from base payouts over 110 days and the 76 ranks
compared to the ~720 rank points you actually used

100 rank points gained through your own artifact in ~4 months
I would be surprised if your arti/hr was over 1000 but then again joining TU could easily get you a few small terras alerted within a day so maybe recently you went over 1000 but for the vast majority of the last 4 months your artifact was truly awful.

Again this is all speculation, maybe you were spending all 4 months drifting in space and didn't collect any base payouts whatsoever. I have no idea.

So what I think? I think you should stop working on PvP and actually try to improve your arti/hr before you find yourself utterly failing to keep up and just quitting. Relying on base payouts to cover most of your ship's improvements is just an awful situation to be in.

That's meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:07 pm

Tree7304 wrote:
Rank 78 on May 23
Rank 154 on Sep 11

~110 days
So at a conservative 70k base payout daily
You gained (assuming you collected base payouts most days)
Lets just call it 80 of everything from base payouts
so 80 prisoners, 80 helmsmen

76 ranks
380 rank points

+409 Engineers
+1031 Tactical Officers
+302 Helmsmen

Engineers + Tac = 720 rank points spent
80 prisoners from base payouts = 240
+ the 380 from ranking

620 rank points from base payouts over 110 days and the 76 ranks
compared to the ~720 rank points you actually used

100 rank points gained through your own artifact in ~4 months
I would be surprised if your arti/hr was over 1000 but then again joining TU could easily get you a few small terras alerted within a day so maybe recently you went over 1000 but for the vast majority of the last 4 months your artifact was truly awful.

Again this is all speculation, maybe you were spending all 4 months drifting in space and didn't collect any base payouts whatsoever. I have no idea.

So what I think? I think you should stop working on PvP and actually try to improve your arti/hr before you find yourself utterly failing to keep up and just quitting. Relying on base payouts to cover most of your ship's improvements is just an awful situation to be in.

Arti/Hr is 3514 have been playing less due to a new job but i also didnt join TU until about 3 weeks ago ive noticed alot more growth sense joining a top 20 legion

Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:46 pm

Martya wrote:
Havent done a update for awhile was ranking slowly until recent when i started doing some LM's and ranked about 20 times ship is still not nearly where i wanted it to be at this rank have all 4 of my Dominion Mark III's and working on getting medal points to updrage to auto blasters Any advice is welcomed EDIT- this is not my shipped completely buffed only have ACF and Grid console on in this picture

at rank 154, i had just over a year of gameplay.

engineers: 373
tactical officers: 781
helmsmen: 1027
scienttists: 726

hull: 6509
pvp kills: 874
hacks: 1347
raids: 2432

i also had 370 medal points, and arti production of 4193 as a vygoid excavator. i was in a 10-person legion with a level 4 base.

so you are doing much better on the attack front than i was .... keep up the good work !

please take any griping by other commenters with a grain of salt ... the beauty of this game is that it can be played in a variety of ways, at a variety of different paces. forcing every player into a cookie cutter mould is just boring. as long as YOU are having fun, that is all that matters.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:09 am
Profile WWW

senatorhung wrote:
Martya wrote:

at rank 154, i had just over a year of gameplay.

engineers: 373
tactical officers: 781
helmsmen: 1027
scienttists: 726

hull: 6509
pvp kills: 874
hacks: 1347
raids: 2432

i also had 370 medal points, and arti production of 4193 as a vygoid excavator. i was in a 10-person legion with a level 4 base.

so you are doing much better on the attack front than i was .... keep up the good work !

please take any griping by other commenters with a grain of salt ... the beauty of this game is that it can be played in a variety of ways, at a variety of different paces. forcing every player into a cookie cutter mould is just boring. as long as YOU are having fun, that is all that matters.

Thanks bud!! I just hit 6 months of play the other day. And i do take all advice with a grain of salt some people like to try and say my ship should be stronger and i should (insert advice to do w.e they did) and i mostly brush it off. Once my ship stops crushing the others ill look into changing what im doing:)

Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:27 pm

Location: Where are the QSES? AMIRITE??? AMIRITE???Who is "the fly"?!How long can you make this?
hustle up some ctp and buy some arti worlds, your ship is stagnating as tree pointed out. Like dre said beg for #&$#, thats what i did and now i am happy to give #&$# to people, your mates will definately give you arti worlds that they wont take. ask for small3x terras and very large rich arti worlds and they will deliver

Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:16 pm

About time for another update feel like ive made decent progress Ap/Hr is at 10987 any advice or comparisons welcome

Some goals
Upgrade all 4 Doms to Autoblasters- 1/4 done
Get to 8k hacks before rank 300
Get hull above 20k before rank 275
Get Anubix and Velox thrusters added

Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next