View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Solution to LEgion mission success 

Ok,

Many of the people who log on and post here are leaders/officers in their legions. So couple of quick questions for how your legion handles things.

1) do you assign tasks on legion missions? ---if so what basis do you use (who did what in past, levels, volunteers, etc)

2) how do you regulate which missions to 'do'?----do you have certain 'will skip' missions , is there a vote (if so who votes), do you have a poll and so forth.

The gist is to understand what your approach is to keeping the peace, getting more success and what you consider worthless of even attempting.

Thanks

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:15 pm

Empire of the Sun varies. missions we need to succeed are regulated. missions we don't are ffa or skipped. all depends on the communal vote. our leadership also takes into account holidays and people being away from the computer for long periods of time. Hope this helps!

Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:35 pm

first you need to know what it takes to get the mission to a high or certain chance
then you deside where or not the cost of it is actualy worth the rewards the mission gives

if the the mission is worth getting to a high+ chance, you need to controle how many players join each task
if not, skip or simply FFA

but you can't realy use a fixed system for all LM's due to race/profession limits, tasks with a fail condition, and becoures how many you need on each task variate from mission to mission
basickly, you need to look at each mission and deside how your legion can handle it, based on rank of your members, how many members you have that actualy join a task, how many NPC hunters you have in the legion, what Race/profession your members have etc etc etc

so some missions will be easy for you and others will be almost imposible and only give you a low chance, unless some members are willing to change race/profession
the trick isnt trying to get every mission to a high+ chance, put picking those that your legion can do and getting the chance as high as posible on those

Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:29 pm

DarkMar wrote:
the trick isnt trying to get every mission to a high+ chance, put picking those that your legion can do and getting the chance as high as posible on those

+1 to that

the only mission we have on auto.skip at AU is the nabai mission as we do not have enough npc hunters and with the cascading failure conditions ... it is just not worth the effort. we will not skip a mission as long as we have a member who is actively working on maxing out a ship mod. relic badges are nice .. but the only thing each member can really control is their own task.

trying to enhance success rates makes more sense for the missions which unlock subsequent missions, but we are still trying to get our legion average rank high enough to get those missions more regularly.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:53 am
Profile WWW

I agree with everything DarkMar said and would also add that XTS-9 is also a reason to not bother with a mission. We always go FFA on that mission because the effort to get enough people enough XTS-9 to complete it just isn't worth the small amount of relic badges you lose out on. The mission itself is decent so is isn't worth skipping.

We tend to go FFA on:
The Tenebris Discovery (Late Timeline) - Never enough Spy or Saboteur Profession
Cleanup at Ryelis - Not worth the XTS-9
Carthyne Symposium - Never enough Vygoid, Zolazin, or Genetarr Race

We've talked about skipping Encounter at Nabai but I don't think we will actually do it. It is not worth 32 GP to skip something even if only a handful of people will complete the task, it is still a benefit to them.

Foundry of War is easy to get to high on but no one really wants to do the Gammacron Trap Bay (not sure why other than its a waste of space, energy and time).

The Siladon Event is one we skip because all of the rewards are pretty crappy. We'd only do it if we got stuck with it after skipping something else.

As for autoskipping as the senator mentions, we skip any of the old ones. We'll do them if we get stuck with them as the after skipped mission but they all are pretty crappy compared to the new ones and a large number of people have maxed their modules so it is actually harder to get to high on. The lone one we don't skip is Vorean Extinction as it is sooo easy to get LM Chance: Certain on and all of the drops are okay. (I'm stocking up on the two planet buildings and when I have enough and a reason to change, I'll be biologist long enough to place them all. I'm at 5 of each so far).

Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:23 am

Dont skip Encounter at Nabai
no, it not an easy mission, and the rewards, well.....

could be better....

what you want to do is use it to test who is ready for the Darmos drone hunt, (and the bralkir warship hunt)
if one of your members cant finish the exodrone hunt, theire isnt mutch point in letting him hunt for Darmos drones

I can usealy get it done with 3000 to 4000 kills for the 30 drones = 3 to 6 hours, depending on how many other things are going on at the time (npc shares, base attacks, etc)
split it up over 3 days, and you can even do 8 * 3 = 24 of the 30 kills with the Raix weapon, making it an easy hunt, but I only do that if we have enougth kills to open task 2 + 3

Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:33 pm

Legions are supposed to think this stuff through?

I thought everyone just clicked at legion missions and hoped for success or didn't bother with them unless there was a guaranteed direct benefit for themselves.

Surely GP and EotS are the only 2 legions with overbearing leaders that tell their members what to do and when to do it to pass legion missions. Everyone else seems too busy laughing at us for the absurd way our legions approach missions

Seriously though, ask me about any of the missions and I'll tell you what I think about it and why EotS does what it does with that mission. I won't give a blanket answer because all missions are unique and get treated appropriately.

I won't try to convince anyone that what we do for missions is the best solution. What we do for missions is best for us and we aren't like other legions.

That's meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]